BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 122 of 327 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents bring their kids to yellow jackets bc they know they won't get cut. Some are ok with their daughter playing on the 4/5/6 team because little Susie just wants to play lacrosse. At the end of the day little Susie is a we adjusted young lady who loved lacrosse and used it to stay socially active, develop her skills and make new friends. In my years of experience I prefer the personalities of the parents and girls of those 2/3/4/5 teams over that top blue team less drama more fun oh and guess what while your top blue player spent every spare minute training for lacrosse my little Susie got a full academic scholarship to a D3 school and will play lacrosse what's that top player getting 10%!!! Enjoy that bill and thank you CR for leaving no girl left out!!!

why so angry? Some kids actually love playing lacrosse a lot and some parents have no issue paying a larger portion of the college tuition. you seem to be annoyed by the fact that your daughter was apparently not good enough to make the top YJ teams (you suggested that, not me). I'm glad she's happy at the school she chose, and I'm glad you don't have to pay a dime. I mean that. That is a huge plus and congrats. But your attempt to justify it with insults about our top teams and financial sarcasm simply demonstrates that you feel threatened about something.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to the rumor that the friends and family team is being split up???
What age group and what team are you talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't be surprised with 2019 blue but
lookout, you have friends and family still be
added to that team - maybe it's a question
of who ''s connections are stronger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't be surprised with 2019 blue but
lookout, you have friends and family still be
added to that team - maybe it's a question
of who ''s connections are stronger

I heard there's a coaching change coming on 2017 gold (or I guess it's blue # 2 now)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touching on a couple of YJ topics that were brought up the last couple of days:
1. Anyone that thinks that politics does not/ will not play a part in the decision making process when mking these teams is a bit naive. It happens in all levels of society. Get used to it. Town connections are just a part of it. How about the favoritism of girls that have older siblings on top teams in the program? Does CR want to upset the apple cart? How about a coach that individually trains nearly half her summer players on the side? If one of those girls are not up to snuff, do you cut her and risk putting tax-free $$ in your pocket? Probably not.
2. As for 6 teams in an age group, who should care except those on those teams. There seems to be a huge market for girls' lax on Long Island and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Seems new clubs are sprouting up all over the place.

I don't buy it, give us the names of the towns with the connections so when rosters are made we can see if you are correct. Also the sibling thing is complete bs, there are many siblings on different level teams , may actually be more siblings on different level teams than same level teams.That being said I would expect that young kids with siblings who are top level players have a better chance at being top level players themselves , genetics, starting earlier , access to a good role model etc. The politics excuse is used way to often by parents of kids who think little Susie is better than she is.
For the first question , for sure Mt. Sinai, as for the second , usually the detractors are the ones that have there little Susie benefit from politics and butt kissing

With all the townies, siblings, butt kissers, relatives and political appointees that apparently clog these rosters, it's amazing how many games they manage to win.

Granted -the Blue teams are very good. However, the older the teams get, the better the other clubs get. YJ Blue is a great team, but after that the 2nd and 3rd teams are just OK. The teams after that are mediocre. YJ was first - they have the biggest name and have been able to draw from the biggest pool of talent. However, other teams are catching them and have caught them.

Parents bring their kids to yellow jackets bc they know they won't get cut. Some are ok with their daughter playing on the 4/5/6 team because little Susie just wants to play lacrosse. At the end of the day little Susie is a we adjusted young lady who loved lacrosse and used it to stay socially active, develop her skills and make new friends. In my years of experience I prefer the personalities of the parents and girls of those 2/3/4/5 teams over that top blue team less drama more fun oh and guess what while your top blue player spent every spare minute training for lacrosse my little Susie got a full academic scholarship to a D3 school and will play lacrosse what's that top player getting 10%!!! Enjoy that bill and thank you CR for leaving no girl left out!!!

Congrats to Susie! I am sure she worked her but off in the classroom an earned her scholarship, but why would you put down a kid who may be more talented in lax, and has worked her but off? If you really think that the top blue players are getting 10%, then you are the one who is totally uninformed! Those girls are getting almost or as much as Susie and they are following their dream of competing at the highest level for a national championship! If that is not Susie's goal so be it, but don't minimize the accomplishments of the "top" players to make yourself feel better about your daughters placement. Oh and btw, most of those "top" players are just as talented in the class room as they are on the field! If you look at the list of schools being attended by them, I am sure they rank as high or higher than Susie's school! FYI It is ok to be proud of your daughter and her accomplishments without diminishing someone else's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but I think politics will have little to do with who makes what team at 2020 or 2019. If you think politics will be involved please fill us in as to what towns you think will be getting to favoritism prior to rosters.

2020-Smithtown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but I think politics will have little to do with who makes what team at 2020 or 2019. If you think politics will be involved please fill us in as to what towns you think will be getting to favoritism prior to rosters.

2020-Smithtown

So you think the towns that get favored are different from age to age and are not organization wide. If that is the case could it be that certain towns have pockets of kids that are good at certain ages or do you feel its related more to the coach at that age and where they are from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need some help, at what age is it appropriate for a girl to start Travel. As I know the first part of this is, is the player ready, but there is a real concern about the politics and starting travel after a team is formed and not getting a fair look at tryouts.

In reading these comments 2020 is 6th grade, was this team formed last year in 5th grade or did it form in 4th grade.

What is your advice.

(I will post this on TG and YJ)

2020-Smithtown

So you think the towns that get favored are different from age to age and are not organization wide. If that is the case could it be that certain towns have pockets of kids that are good at certain ages or do you feel its related more to the coach at that age and where they are from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Say what you want but I think politics will have little to do with who makes what team at 2020 or 2019. If you think politics will be involved please fill us in as to what towns you think will be getting to favoritism prior to rosters.

2020-Smithtown

The parents that are willing to shell out the cash for private sessions with the coach are priority 1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Say what you want but I think politics will have little to do with who makes what team at 2020 or 2019. If you think politics will be involved please fill us in as to what towns you think will be getting to favoritism prior to rosters.

2020-Smithtown

The parents that are willing to shell out the cash for private sessions with the coach are priority 1.

been with the program many years. This statement is dead-on and absolutely accurate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are your kids playing for the love of the game or for college scholarships? OMG, Forget about all the politics and hoopla and just enjoy watching your child play!!!! I did everything in life and I have been many places, but the greatest thing in the world is watching my child on the field! Lacrosse is a bridge to the real world! Your child is not going to be a professional lacrosse player!!! Your child will make many friends and connections throughout her lacrosse career that will hopefully help her in the real game- LIFE!

"Susie" will have a great time playing LAX and so will the girl on the Blue Team! They will both go to college, hopefully with a full ride for either academics or sports! They will both become successful and might even end up being colleagues! Stop all the nonsense and enjoy your children!!!

FYI- I have one child who is exceptional and one who is just OK. My girls both cheer for each other and I cheer for both the same! They know what is important and where LAX stands in their life! If everyone else knew, these discussions would not take place!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are your kids playing for the love of the game or for college scholarships? OMG, Forget about all the politics and hoopla and just enjoy watching your child play!!!! I did everything in life and I have been many places, but the greatest thing in the world is watching my child on the field! Lacrosse is a bridge to the real world! Your child is not going to be a professional lacrosse player!!! Your child will make many friends and connections throughout her lacrosse career that will hopefully help her in the real game- LIFE!

"Susie" will have a great time playing LAX and so will the girl on the Blue Team! They will both go to college, hopefully with a full ride for either academics or sports! They will both become successful and might even end up being colleagues! Stop all the nonsense and enjoy your children!!!

FYI- I have one child who is exceptional and one who is just OK. My girls both cheer for each other and I cheer for both the same! They know what is important and where LAX stands in their life! If everyone else knew, these discussions would not take place!

Ahhh....but they do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020-Smithtown

How many girls from Smithtown are on the team? Is it possible they are just better players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020-Smithtown

How many girls from Smithtown are on the team? Is it possible they are just better players?

Any truth to the rumor that Smithtown Girls Lacrosse Program will not have teams in the SCGL League this spring?..Sad state of affairs if this is true!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its all about just watching your daughters play lax couldn't you do that at the PAL level. Why pay so much for travel lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020-Smithtown

Any truth to the rumor that Smithtown Girls Lacrosse Program will not have teams in the SCGL League this spring?..Sad state of affairs if this is true!!!

Why? Three village teams on the girls side have played Nassau PAL as it was more competitive at some levels. Do what is best for your team....not sad at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its all about just watching your daughters play lax couldn't you do that at the PAL level. Why pay so much for travel lacrosse?
It couldnt be because the the travel kids and players are nicer than her town less competitive cut throat friends in PAL. You need eyes is the back of your head in travel. I am sorry I couldn't resist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020-Smithtown

Why? Three village teams on the girls side have played Nassau PAL as it was more competitive at some levels. Do what is best for your team....not sad at all.

No they havent...3 Village plays SCGL. Any way, the poster was speaking about SMITHTOWN...There is no option for Smithtown girls who do not make a "Team Smithtown" travel team...SAD! So a 4th/5th grader in Smithtown that doesn't make the travel team is shut out from playing any type of spring lacrosse in Smithtown with her friends...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 V does play in NCPAL I have scheduled games against them in my town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 V does play in NCPAL I have scheduled games against them in my town.

Could it possibly be that hey play in both? Travel teams play in NCPAL for more competition and regular youth teams play iN SCGL? Don't know just asking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do play in both especially if the age group has more than one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020-Smithtown

No they havent...3 Village plays SCGL. Any way, the poster was speaking about SMITHTOWN...There is no option for Smithtown girls who do not make a "Team Smithtown" travel team...SAD! So a 4th/5th grader in Smithtown that doesn't make the travel team is shut out from playing any type of spring lacrosse in Smithtown with her friends...

That is sad if there is no option for the girls to play inhouse if don't make travel team. However, the statement made was that it is sad they are playing/switching to NCPAL. That decision I don't think is sad. And although the poster was speaking about SMITHTOWN (because I guess you are trying to make a point with caps?) I was simply giving an example of when changing the organization you play in could be beneficial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were tryouts this past Sunday ? Surprised not to see a lot of talk on the forum about it - I guess no surprises - that's good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were tryouts this past Sunday ? Surprised not to see a lot of talk on the forum about it - I guess no surprises - that's good

No changes. All the real blue players are still on the real blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No changes. All the real blue players are still on the real blue team.

How about last weekend? I heard there were going to be some changes on 2019 blue, for sure...anybody else hear anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard big changes for 2019 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and some minor changes on 2018 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and to 2016 Blue as well....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is sad if there is no option for the girls to play inhouse if don't make travel team. However, the statement made was that it is sad they are playing/switching to NCPAL. That decision I don't think is sad. And although the poster was speaking about SMITHTOWN (because I guess you are trying to make a point with caps?) I was simply giving an example of when changing the organization you play in could be beneficial. [/quote]

***OK, 3 Village plays in NCPAL and SCGL. Smithtown is not playing in either NCPAL or SCGL. They currently have no plans to have any options for girls 5th-8th grade to play other than their Team Smithtown Travel team (or other independant travel program). That is sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they plan on putting teams in NCPAL they are not allowed to have stacked teams or teams you have tryouts for. Please post what teams they pan on entering in Nassau so they will be blocked from doing so. NCPAL has a policy on the girls side that if a town has more than one team in an age group they must enter the teams balanced. The boys in 5th & 6th grade are allowed to enter A teams but the girls are not allowed to. NCPAL also has combination grade divisions 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 on the girls side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doubtful-the girls on that team all belong on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 yes; 2016 no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not! I would give my girls anything if they give 100%! If I saw them half-[lacrosse] it, I would only be at the PAL fields!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 yes; 2016 no

When will they post tryout results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they plan on putting teams in NCPAL they are not allowed to have stacked teams or teams you have tryouts for. Please post what teams they pan on entering in Nassau so they will be blocked from doing so. NCPAL has a policy on the girls side that if a town has more than one team in an age group they must enter the teams balanced. The boys in 5th & 6th grade are allowed to enter A teams but the girls are not allowed to. NCPAL also has combination grade divisions 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 on the girls side.

NCPAL only changed the rules on the boys side two years ago. Up until that time towns were not allowed to enter their "A" team in the league. The rule was not enforced and some towns entered their "A" teams. Its all about winning.

It is sad that some organizations break the rules in order to gain an advantage in youth sports but it happens all to often.

The negative impact is most felt by the children in their own community not by the teams that lose a game to the "A" Team. Most of the parents and players in the Town do not know that their "Town" is breaking the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage. The parents think that all of the Towns have "A" teams. The child who is placed on the "A" team at an early age will have an advantage over similar players who are on the "B" Team. Each year it will become harder and harder to break onto the "A" Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unusually quiet. Muzzle order is in effect. Obey parents....obey. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know all this how. You are just one of those people that like to start gossip

Like Reply Quote
Page 122 of 327 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard