BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 11 of 220 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
INsulting teams in your own club
2015 YJ blue is outstanding team, one of the best ever to come around. 2015 topguns is very good team, don't loose to often. Typical YJ blue parent though, putting down teams in there own club, calling YJ gold second string. Then what are YJ red and green and black, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th string.
duh, yeah that's how it works? They can't all be the best but even the other 2015 teams are very good. Would you say the tg black and purple teams are even? Of course not

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see top guns seems to keep it to an a and b team in each age group. I wonder if they will have c,d,e,f teams down the road as they grow, just like the yj's have. At some point it seems like a little bit too much to have so many teams. Is this a maney making thing or is there any stories of players rising from five teams down and finishing on a blue team???
Sorry this question would be better asked on the yj thread, but all the yj parents seem to monitor this thread as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PErhaps its remotely possible that kids that are on the other squads just want to play? Shouldn't they also have a place to go? If you haven't noticed there is not much out there in the higher 16/17 age groups for girls lacrosse. Some girls do love the game, and would like to play more than just school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PErhaps its remotely possible that kids that are on the other squads just want to play? Shouldn't they also have a place to go? If you haven't noticed there is not much out there in the higher 16/17 age groups for girls lacrosse. Some girls do love the game, and would like to play more than just school.

Godd point! Not every kid plays travel lax because they "are trying to earn a scholarship"! What happened to the days of playing travel because you wanted to play during the summer? It is sad that the attitude is that "it is a waste of time" if your kid is not on an "A" team. Everyone has a right to play. Just spend your money wisely!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents monitor this website all to much. why?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Godd point! Not every kid plays travel lax because they "are trying to earn a scholarship"! What happened to the days of playing travel because you wanted to play during the summer? It is sad that the attitude is that "it is a waste of time" if your kid is not on an "A" team. Everyone has a right to play. Just spend your money wisely!

This is certainly possible, and if thats your case, that's great. Yet Im sure when 100 plus girls try out for an age group for a yj or tg team, they are hoping to land as high as they can. So back to my original question, if your daughter makes the 3rd, 4th or fifth team in one of these organizations, what is the likelyhood of moving up. I'm looking for a real example, no names, just if it happens. And I'm not talking theretical, I can answer that myself. Has it been done? How far back (3rd team 5th team) and how many years did it take. (because some girls do love to play and hope to go to a higher level)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure of other organizations and of course some will think I am a yj parent monitoring tg site, silly. To answer your question I know that there have been kids moved from at least the so called 3rd level team to the top level team in just 1 year. There have also been many who have moved down from top to 2nd level and sometimes to 3rd level in the yj organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is certainly possible, and if thats your case, that's great. Yet Im sure when 100 plus girls try out for an age group for a yj or tg team, they are hoping to land as high as they can. So back to my original question, if your daughter makes the 3rd, 4th or fifth team in one of these organizations, what is the likelyhood of moving up. I'm looking for a real example, no names, just if it happens. And I'm not talking theretical, I can answer that myself. Has it been done? How far back (3rd team 5th team) and how many years did it take. (because some girls do love to play and hope to go to a higher level) [/quote]
The younger ages don't have 3, 4, or 5 teams. Only 1 or 2. Certainly kids have often moved up one team and rarely, but sometimes two. I don't think that there are any age groups with 5 teams and most of teh kids on the 4th team started much later and/or just aren't as talented. I also think that most kids, after 1 or 2 years on a given team, don't want to move up but raterh want to keep the relations that they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe we monitor this thread because its 99% about yjs...if you're going to put bad info out there about yjs we need to put the correct info out there. So you can call this a tg thread but its mostly about yjs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is true, i know of a few kids that played on 2nd teams for years, did very well, were asked to move up to top team, but refused and stayed where thet were.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe we monitor this thread because its 99% about yjs...if you're going to put bad info out there about yjs we need to put the correct info out there. So you can call this a tg thread but its mostly about yjs

you are out of your mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And youre in denial

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And youre in denial

What are you doing wasting your time on other threads, you have plenty of people tearing up the YJ organization right on your own thread. How did you become the self anointed keeper of YJ's "good" name on the internet. If that's your deal, you better get busy because you have hundreds of posts that are negative that you will need to respond to. And relax, cause I'm not saying YJ's is the only club with negative comments about them on the internet, all clubs have haters. And to tell you the truth, you responded to an inquiry of a posed question of wether girls on lower teams move up in either TG, YJ or any other organizations, if that is the negative thing your monitoring other threads for, your doing a really poor job of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"all clubs have haters"
You seem to be one of those haters

" you responded to an inquiry of a posed question of wether girls on lower teams move up in either TG, YJ or any "
It seems they were responding to the negative statements about monitering the site. I am sure none of the tg parents have read or responded to statements on the yj thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow Yj parents checking topgun rosters. what does that say? Isn't that funny. lol

Rosters of both YG and TG 2015 teams are at 24-25 kids... That is way too many kids to carry on a travel lax team...I am more concerned w/ playing time vs which program they are playing with.... That is how kids improve, by playing, not watching....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"all clubs have haters"
You seem to be one of those haters

" you responded to an inquiry of a posed question of wether girls on lower teams move up in either TG, YJ or any "
It seems they were responding to the negative statements about monitering the site. I am sure none of the tg parents have read or responded to statements on the yj thread.

You are wrong. I am a TG parent. I look at other threads and somtimes I respond....even YJ threades...Oh imaging that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think practice and playing with/against kids of equal or greater ability may have an impact on improving. Sometimes its the quality not quantity of playing time.That being said 25 kids on a team is too many if all 25 show up which is rare over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
wow Yj parents checking topgun rosters. what does that say? Isn't that funny. lol

Rosters of both YG and TG 2015 teams are at 24-25 kids... That is way too many kids to carry on a travel lax team...I am more concerned w/ playing time vs which program they are playing with.... That is how kids improve, by playing, not watching....

I disagree. First of all, not all people make every tournament so it's rare the full roster is in attendance. Second, injuries. Third, these are tournament teams, by definition they are playing at least two games a day but often more, and given the season, chances are the heat and humidity make it brutal. Hence, subbing happens and it's good to have a bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I disagree. First of all, not all people make every tournament so it's rare the full roster is in attendance. Second, injuries. Third, these are tournament teams, by definition they are playing at least two games a day but often more, and given the season, chances are the heat and humidity make it brutal. Hence, subbing happens and it's good to have a bench.

Obviously a difference of opinion but I would hate to be a parent of child #24 or #25 at an "elite" tournament...where the team is in the hunt for a tourny championship..only thing good about the bench is that those bottom 4-5 kids will be sitting on it and the parents will be wondering what they paid all that $ for...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously a difference of opinion but I would hate to be a parent of child #24 or #25 at an "elite" tournament...where the team is in the hunt for a tourny championship..only thing good about the bench is that those bottom 4-5 kids will be sitting on it and the parents will be wondering what they paid all that $ for...

My daughter's been on several different tournament teams, I have seen the depth of roster win tournaments and have been on both sides of the discussion. I remember she played in a tournament with a limited number of subs, made it through pool play and early playoff games, but the girls were a bit spent by the time the championship final game came around. Unfortunately they lost a tight one and there is no doubt it was because they were spent and the other team was fresh because of the use of subs. This is how the elite tournament teams are structured and built on purpose. But look at it this way, these elite teams nearly always make it through pool play and rather far into playoff play, so in a tournament they play many more games than a weak team getting beat in the pool play and going home before the playoffs begin. So by the end of the tournament the girls end up with more field time then the team with no subs who went home early. So long as the girls are getting rotated in and not sitting on the bench, it's all good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's been on several different tournament teams, I have seen the depth of roster win tournaments and have been on both sides of the discussion. I remember she played in a tournament with a limited number of subs, made it through pool play and early playoff games, but the girls were a bit spent by the time the championship final game came around. Unfortunately they lost a tight one and there is no doubt it was because they were spent and the other team was fresh because of the use of subs. This is how the elite tournament teams are structured and built on purpose. But look at it this way, these elite teams nearly always make it through pool play and rather far into playoff play, so in a tournament they play many more games than a weak team getting beat in the pool play and going home before the playoffs begin. So by the end of the tournament the girls end up with more field time then the team with no subs who went home early. So long as the girls are getting rotated in and not sitting on the bench, it's all good.

Maybe TG should have made 3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the number of kids at some of the age group tryouts, they could have done a third or forth team. I don't think that's what they want to do at this time. I think its a bit selfish attitude wanting to keep roster numbers down. For other lacrosse leuges, yes because your one game a week comes and goes, but for tournaments no. The tournaments are often brutal physically, five , six, seven full length games in two days. I love seeing my daughter get playing time, and they all get plenty at these tournaments, even with a good number of subs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about 22 is the right amount for girls tournament team. 24 is too many. Crazy, but amazing what a difference 2 bodies can make.

Younger age (up to maybe summer after 7th grade) practive matters more than playing time. after that, playing time does matter and after 9th grade it is key because it's about being seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about 22 is the right amount for girls tournament team. 24 is too many. Crazy, but amazing what a difference 2 bodies can make.

Younger age (up to maybe summer after 7th grade) practive matters more than playing time. after that, playing time does matter and after 9th grade it is key because it's about being seen.

22 is an ideal # for a travel team. That factors in a player or two missing for away tournaments. For any one league game, 16 field players and 2 goalies is ideal. Tourneys, 20 field players and 2 goalies works....24-25 is way too much to carry. But at $1200/$1300 per kid I guess its a good # for the program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And youre in denial

What are you doing wasting your time on other threads, you have plenty of people tearing up the YJ organization right on your own thread. How did you become the self anointed keeper of YJ's "good" name on the internet. If that's your deal, you better get busy because you have hundreds of posts that are negative that you will need to respond to. And relax, cause I'm not saying YJ's is the only club with negative comments about them on the internet, all clubs have haters. And to tell you the truth, you responded to an inquiry of a posed question of wether girls on lower teams move up in either TG, YJ or any other organizations, if that is the negative thing your monitoring other threads for, your doing a really poor job of it.

People are growing tired of the Yellow Jackets antics, on and off the field. This is why people are looking else where when it comes to club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are sadly mistaken YJ is thriving on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun has a team of 2013 players. Would be interested to see a verbal commitment list like YJ has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun has a team of 2013 players. Would be interested to see a verbal commitment list like YJ has.

And I would like to see a unicorn...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't go any any other thread on this site without major harrasment from yj's. You parents are all over every single other clubs threads and so overly relentless in telling everybody how much better you are than everyone else. It's quite old at this point. We get it, You think your great. Now go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great, now go thrive on the YellowJackets board.

Like Reply Quote
D
D.A.N.G.
Unregistered
D.A.N.G.
Unregistered
D
I thought that all the forums and threads were for all laxers, not just specific clubs. Good info for all creates knowledge and helps the kids, It is all about the kids and recruiting or none of us would be interested in reading all the posts, good, bad or indifferent.
If my kid isnt a Top Gun , how would i learn about the organization unless i read the posts ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruting this weekend at Navy was off the hook, over 80 top coaches from the biggest colleges in the country,however i did not see any Top Guns or Long Island Express there .Does Top Guns or Express or All Stars offer true Scouting?I was surprised they absent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime had over 200 colleges attend!! Did not see them there either? No Liberty, Express,Top Guns, fl$, Wave, Anchor

Are they really helping their athletes get recruited?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As a liberty parent I have to say you have no Idea what your talking about. I Will trust Danielle Gallagher ,the coach of one of the best lacrosse programs in the country , a woman that has helped put hundreds of girls into top Div 1 , ivy league , and top d2 schools , not to mention a hall of fame player , with my daughters recruitment . Shannon is a very good player , but as of this moment that is all she is . So please keep your Top Guns pride in check until shannon has proven herself a bit more , and you should not question the capabilities of proven coaches

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
By the way elbow jackets 2015 blue was not at that event . are you saying carol rose doesn't know what she is doing , and that is probably the best team in the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 too young to go college coaches not concentrating on them yet so she was correct not to send them

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thats not true Liberty And the yellow Jackets were at a recruitment tourney on sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again Liberty dad not true my daughter is one of the teams mentioned and quitely has had Navy come look at her. It doesn't have to always be advertised

Like Reply Quote
D
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D
I did see alot of big organizations there with mostly 13 and 14 teams and was impressed with the schools that inquired about my daughter,with years of hard work the fruits are biggining to ripen. This is what we all worked for and want the best for our kids.No matter which org you choose its about the recruiting, absolute bottom line

Like Reply Quote
D
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D
Liberty was at Navy sunday ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 220 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 219 220
Quick Reply