BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about going to birth year like other sports such as hockey . It would take all the nonsense out of it. Have ID cards issued that must be produced prior to the tournament. It would eliminate the different years that boys and girls start school in different states. Even if the parents want to hold back for academic purposes the sports advantage would not be available.

Tournaments are starting to require Birth Certificates to be submitted with the rosters to verify that the players fall within the DOB requirements of the tournaments. The Dicks Tournament of Champions in Florida is requiring the Birth Certificates this year and so is the World Lacrosse Festival in Denver. What will be interesting to see is if 91 or Express still send their 2020 teams to these. If they do go and submit their real birth certificates I would assume they'd have to play in the next division/age group up...

2020 Terps are all signed up for [lacrosse]'s... Now what?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournaments are starting to require Birth Certificates to be submitted with the rosters to verify that the players fall within the DOB requirements of the tournaments. The Dicks Tournament of Champions in Florida is requiring the Birth Certificates this year and so is the World Lacrosse Festival in Denver. What will be interesting to see is if 91 or Express still send their 2020 teams to these. If they do go and submit their real birth certificates I would assume they'd have to play in the next division/age group up...

Depends on when the kids who are older are born and which division they are signed up in. This is from [lacrosse]'s site for this year:

In the youth divisions (U15, U13, U11), the age cutoffs are as follows:
U11: all players must have been born between 8/1/2001 and 9/30/2003
U13: all players must have been born between 8/1/1999 and 9/30/2001
U15: all players must have been born between 8/1/1997 and 9/30/1999

So if the older players are born before 8/1/2001 they are not eligible. Most school systems have age cutoffs that start on 9/1 - so 2020 would be 9/1/2001 - 8/31/2002 birth dates. 2021 would be 9/1/2002 - 8/31/2003. Those are the age groups that would be in the U11 bracket in Dicks.

Are the 2020 Terps playing in the U11 or U13 division? Same question goes for 91 Crush? Note that they are using the age breakdowns and groupings from the Spring/Summer of 2013 as that's when the teams qualified.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dicks has not asked for birth certificates yet, just a down pay for registration. They are due in December. Should be interesting when they see that some teams might have had ineligible players last year in the tourneys where they qualified. They should get well ahead of this so they can invite other teams in those tourneys. Doing it last minute will be a mess. "If it is true that these clubs had older players" which I doubt is the case. I believe their kids fall in the birth date ranges posted for dicks.
When you are the best people are always trying to pick you apart. That is what is going on here. 2pm Saturday....terps 6, crush 5!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on when the kids who are older are born and which division they are signed up in. This is from [lacrosse]'s site for this year:

So if the older players are born before 8/1/2001 they are not eligible. Most school systems have age cutoffs that start on 9/1 - so 2020 would be 9/1/2001 - 8/31/2002 birth dates. 2021 would be 9/1/2002 - 8/31/2003. Those are the age groups that would be in the U11 bracket in Dicks.

Are the 2020 Terps playing in the U11 or U13 division? Same question goes for 91 Crush? Note that they are using the age breakdowns and groupings from the Spring/Summer of 2013 as that's when the teams qualified.

Terps qualify for U-11. Now What? Did your son's team win a qualifier for [lacrosse]'s in U-11?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps qualify for U-11. Now What? Did your son's team win a qualifier for [lacrosse]'s in U-11?

Hope you don't have go home losers (not even making it to semis) like you did last year!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope you don't have go home losers (not even making it to semis) like you did last year!

Stupid comment to make

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid comment to make

What did you expect after asking if other kids quaified? You can dish it out but not take it maybe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
---"Hope you don't have go home losers (not even making it to semis) like you did last year!"---

To the person who wrote the above:

One thing that I am certain of, and that is:

You will be a loser for the rest of your life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
---"Hope you don't have go home losers (not even making it to semis) like you did last year!"---

Well said....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Express A plays 91 A this weekend.

Is this Express team also playing in Indian Summer in Baltimore on Sunday? Or is that another LI Express team?

Schedule has changed. They gave Express an 11:15 game. If they make it to the final which is probable, that is scheduled for after 5:00pm. That's a long day for a fall tournament.
91A doesn't has their first game at 2:15 and plays the Jesters in their 3rd game. Not so long a day for them.
It's always funny to see what happens with the schedules for tournaments that the 91 guys run.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the kids playing this weekend, no matter what time or bracket or team you play for. Play hard and have some fun.. always fun to see all the Laxers out east picking pumpkins or apples in their uniforms. Enjoy the weekend and thank your parents for all they do for you. Ending the week on a positive note despite all of you. Good weekend to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Express A plays 91 A this weekend.

Is this Express team also playing in Indian Summer in Baltimore on Sunday? Or is that another LI Express team?

Schedule has changed. They gave Express an 11:15 game. If they make it to the final which is probable, that is scheduled for after 5:00pm. That's a long day for a fall tournament.
91A doesn't has their first game at 2:15 and plays the Jesters in their 3rd game. Not so long a day for them.
It's always funny to see what happens with the schedules for tournaments that the 91 guys run.

Would you expect anything less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really just looking for something to complain about? Yes, Express has a longer day, but they also have a break between each game. Assuming Crush makes it into the finals, their last three games will be back to back. Yet I don't hear them complaining about the schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really just looking for something to complain about? Yes, Express has a longer day, but they also have a break between each game. Assuming Crush makes it into the finals, their last three games will be back to back. Yet I don't hear them complaining about the schedule.

Please stop. Their last game is against the Jesters. They will win that game by as many goals they want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you mean terps 6 crush 26

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what was the real score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush 5-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5-3 91
I assume they will be playing again in the final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FORFEIT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed! I'm not a loser! nice try though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses, Excuses....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop. Their last game is against the Jesters. They will win that game by as many goals they want to.

So get this, you try out and make the 91 Crush Team. Well done! You pay your $1,600 tuition, come early to every practice and work hard only to play 1 minute of an important game in your first tournament of the fall season. I just don't get that......some kids never came off the field. Just not right.......way to go Coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-3 Crush. do not know score of championship game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express forfeited the championship bahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least my son does not play for the 2020 Express Terps team that did not shown up for the Championship Game and FORFEITED because as quoted from one of their coaches "Our boys are tired" What a joke. Great job Express keep winning those B level tournaments. HaHaHa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, looks like the the express boys are closing the gap on the almighty crush team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, looks like the the express boys are closing the gap on the almighty crush team?

If they are closing the gap, why did they not play them again in the final?
91 does need a dose of humility, but Express not playing them in the final isn't going to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 does need a dose of humility, but Express not playing them in the final isn't going to do that.

Express didn't want to lose 2x in one day to their rival. I understand that, but they still should have played. I for one was excited to see that game. Both great teams but crush does seem to have an edge. great chemistry on that team between about 4-5 kids. The one left attack, I believe from Bay Shore is basically the whole team. He could commit to Duke right now. Face off strong, but had trouble winning against Express, and lost more than they won against Legacy. Very good Goalie, although it was hard to assess because not too many goals even got through. Best team in grade, yes for now, but the talent is not deep on that team, and the parents of the bench warmers, who are basically cheerleaders, do yourselves a favor and shut your mouths. You are an embarrassment to the entire lacrosse community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was Legacy's record yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 wins and 1 loss

Beat outlaws 9 0

Beat Jesters 8 4

Lost badly to Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is so easy to blabber anonymously, isn't it. Perhaps there was a real good reason for the cheering yesterday. If you have been to another game, you would know that is not how they roll. As for Express... No gap closing. They wanted to go out on a high so they pulled a George Costanza and left content with the score from a warm up game. Now for the coach....He is the best of the best. People know what they are signing up for. Playing time and all. That is the parent/child decision.... Anything else???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a funny comment. People know what they are signing up for when they join CRUSH. Very open and honest. It is a parent/child decision to join knowing what playing time will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the Jesters record yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it was so important for Crush to Beat Express in the Championship, then why did they have them play them their first game. Both teams would have easily went undefeated and made it to the championship round. Team 91 and JS control the Crush schedule. Crush won 5-3. What's the big deal. For the Crush parent's comment in an earlier post. This was far from a from a bloodshed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it was so important for Crush to Beat Express in the Championship, then why did they have them play them their first game. Both teams would have easily went undefeated and made it to the championship round. Team 91 and JS control the Crush schedule. Crush won 5-3. What's the big deal. For the Crush parent's comment in an earlier post. This was far from a from a bloodshed.

I completely agree that 91 gave their team an easier day, but an Express A team blowing off a final is very weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the Express vs. 91b game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A won, a lot to zero

A
Anonymous
Unregistered