BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 83 of 220 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think about the new "winter league" format?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Confused-is it 7v7 on a full field? Who are the opponents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very happy with the decision. I think teams will benefit training in the winter instead of waiting until May.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confused-is it 7v7 on a full field? Who are the opponents?

You can't give a meaningful opinion until it starts, and possibly even a week or two in. Sounds like it might be a combination of practice, and scrimmaging, 7v7, etc. If it's done right, it can be much more productive for the team, and the players, than the winter league. Might take a few weeks to get it worked out, since they've never done it this way before. It sounds very similar to the YJ middle school winter league, at KK. Instructional games, with play stoppages, to explain & correct. That's what I'm hoping for.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I'm okay with it. It's closer, for one thing. smile Winter leagues, IMO, are only about keeping the stick in the hand, the competition is random, the standings mean nothing, half the time only a fraction of any given team shows up, so the thought of a scrimmage format works for me. Game play with instruction.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I'm okay with it. It's closer, for one thing. smile Winter leagues, IMO, are only about keeping the stick in the hand, the competition is random, the standings mean nothing, half the time only a fraction of any given team shows up, so the thought of a scrimmage format works for me. Game play with instruction.

Sounds much better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds much better!

Fill me in, my daughter is on a "older" team.. we are still playing in a winter league. although pretty far out west in nassau county..Whats the new program??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds much better!

What is the new winter league?

Fill me in, my daughter is on a "older" team.. we are still playing in a winter league. although pretty far out west in nassau county..Whats the new program??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds much better!

Call Bill he will fill you in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the format?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
What is the format? [/quote]
From the email sent out :
This year we have decided to do something a little bit different for winter league. In years past we have played in winter league that usually cost each individual family to much money along with not the greatest competition.

So here is our plan for this upcoming year. We have rented out a facility. We will have the place from 4pm to 10pm. Below are the following dates:

11/24/13
12/1/13
12/8/13
12/15/13
12/22/13
1/5/13

Here are the times each age group would participate:

4pm to 5pm = 2021s
5pm to 6pm = 2020s
6pm to 7pm = 2019s
7pm to 8pm = 2018s
8pm to 9pm = 2017s
9pm to 10pm = 2016s and 2015s

Each hour will be full field games, 7v7s along with instruction.
----------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the girls will be broken down into black, purple , and white, who will do the coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
What is the format?

From the email sent out :
This year we have decided to do something a little bit different for winter league. In years past we have played in winter league that usually cost each individual family to much money along with not the greatest competition.

So here is our plan for this upcoming year. We have rented out a facility. We will have the place from 4pm to 10pm. Below are the following dates:

11/24/13
12/1/13
12/8/13
12/15/13
12/22/13
1/5/13

Here are the times each age group would participate:

4pm to 5pm = 2021s
5pm to 6pm = 2020s
6pm to 7pm = 2019s
7pm to 8pm = 2018s
8pm to 9pm = 2017s
9pm to 10pm = 2016s and 2015s

Each hour will be full field games, 7v7s along with instruction.
----------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the girls will be broken down into black, purple , and white, who will do the coaching? [/quote]

What facility will the girls be practicing at?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Check your e-mail from the Top Guns - the details are in that note. If you are not part of the Top Guns, the location does not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Check your e-mail from the Top Guns - the details are in that note. If you are not part of the Top Guns, the location does not matter.

Exactly...there's no need to re-post Bill's internal Top Guns email on this public forum. I'm sure he'd love to know you're doing that (not you Cage - whoever pasted that email here)...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Exactly...there's no need to re-post Bill's internal Top Guns email on this public forum. I'm sure he'd love to know you're doing that (not you Cage - whoever pasted that email here)...
E-mails unless labeled confidential can be placed into the public domain without question. That aside, BOTC removed the facility details from the posting when we moderated the post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E-mails unless labeled confidential can be placed into the public domain without question. That aside, BOTC removed the facility details from the posting when we moderated the post.

Understood. I didn't mean that it was a violation of the rules..just a move that I'm sure Bill wouldn't appreciate...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a 2020 tournament somewhere this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Understood. I didn't mean that it was a violation of the rules..just a move that I'm sure Bill wouldn't appreciate...
While posting the email was probably not the smartest move, what's in it that that is top secret? people will ask what Winter League TG is playing in, and will be told the answer. I know I have already spoken with people about the winter league plans. This is a non issue, why make it one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a 2020 tournament somewhere this weekend?

There's a tournament somewhere every weekend...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading this as a new TG parent makes me a little sick. Do you really think other people care where these 12 year old kids are practicing? Do you think somebody is going to bug the place and secretly record the practices? I mean really get over yourself! I hope this is not what we are in for this year otherwise I will be regretting our choice of clubs. Who cares if anyone knows what venue we at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop saying " we". Your obviously not a TG. Good bye

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading this as a new TG parent makes me a little sick. Do you really think other people care where these 12 year old kids are practicing? Do you think somebody is going to bug the place and secretly record the practices? I mean really get over yourself! I hope this is not what we are in for this year otherwise I will be regretting our choice of clubs. Who cares if anyone knows what venue we at it.

You missed my point. I was not saying that the information should be kept secret. However, if nobody cares, why are they asking here, on a public forum? You're right - nobody should care, and if they do, call Bill and ask. I was saying that I don't think it's right to copy and paste his exact email, into this public forum. If nobody cares, why post it? Anybody that it applies to would have the email already. People are crazy with their over-analyzing, scrutinizing, and criticizing, when it comes to these young girls - especially all the YJ vs. TG garbage!

If that post bothered you, and would actually make you re-think your decision, you're in for a long year. It's not too late - YJ tryouts are right around the corner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right and they should know better, there is no WE on TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right and they should know better, there is no WE on TG.

There is no WE on TG. Just HER (SS).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get used to it. This is the mentality/attitude of how things are done. I think it has gotten far worse recently and it isn't the people running the club as much as it is the parents and I am not exactly sure why. While you will find some "down to earth" parents, the larger population does have this kind of attitude/mindset. You will know in a fairly short period of time if this program is for you and most importantly, if it is for your daughter. I was once told, you will know when you find the right club and I will offer you the same advice. You will know and get a feeling that it is either a place you feel your child belongs or she does not but I can asure you, it is not for everyone. Good luck and make the best out of your decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that every club is not for everyone, and each has its strengths and weaknesses, that impact each family differently. What are you talking about when you say "the larger population does have this kind of attitude/mindset"? What kind of attitude/mindset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very dissapointed in the recruiting process from topguns. all SS cares about is her college. not to many 2015's committed. should have stayed with YJ.

a 2015 parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you leave the 2015 YJ team ? Are you nuts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very dissapointed in the recruiting process from topguns. all SS cares about is her college. not to many 2015's committed. should have stayed with YJ.

a 2015 parent

Since working for that college is her job, shouldn't that be her first priority?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still early besides their commitment numbers very similar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...to win the national championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a 2015 parent

That's completely false...sorry if it didn't work out for your daughter, but that's not all she cares about! I've seen it first hand, with how she helped our daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still early besides their commitment numbers very similar

That was just somebody looking to whine, or start some nonsense, that's all...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...to win the national championship!

Hahahaha...very true!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds much better!

Call Bill he will fill you in.

I would call Bill if it pertained to my daughter, as I stated I have an older kid who's team is playing in an indoor league, I was curious about what the winter plans might be for the younger groups.. thanks for the help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the big deal about people knowing the winter plans for some of these teams. All you read is call Bill if you have a question, does he seriously want to be bothered with a lot of these simple questions? I get the feeling its done to hide what TG is doing from the competition but do you really think they care that much? All this talk about how different clubs playing one another is great for all the clubs yet keep the plans very secret so no other club could possibly put a team in if they were looking for better competition, all the cloak and dagger seems silly to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ agreed, the purpose of this forum is to talk about lacrosse... if you don't want to talk..stay off BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But that YJ 2015 team is unbeatable. They dominate. Aren't they the team that never lost?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But that YJ 2015 team is unbeatable. They dominate. Aren't they the team that never lost?

Love how top guns just can't stop talking about YJ on their own website!
Perhaps you shouldnt care so much about another club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah thats the Yj 2015 team that lost to skywalkers in the U15 national championships in 2012 in the quartes. couldnt even make it to the finals.

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 220 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard