BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 144 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares! the kids don't! It is crazy . parents wanting to ,ake themselves feel better about their kid making the 3rd team. you don't need to . let your kid play and be happy. No need to justify the status of the third team. this whole lax cult thing is getting SCARY. If you want to spend $1500 its ok, its your money!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter what team your son is on. If the talent he's playing against is as good or better than him, then he's going to improve. The goal is to allow your son to grow and develope as a player. Which is better? Having your son on one of these super teams, where he plays 30% percent of the time and watches 70% of the time? Or be on a team that may not win all the tournaments, but you son plays a lot against tough competition. He will get better playing more, against tough competition.
Believe me, if your son is not one of the starting 10 with one of these top teams (AA or Elite), he's not going to play that much. It is not pay for play, it's win at all cost. The cost to you is your $1500, and the cost to your son will be extreme frustration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can understand why girls want to leave the Express...buy into the program and one girl because of her mother gets all the credit. Leave now while you can because it doesn't get any better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 1000%

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How much does it cost to play for the express?
Can anyone tell me the exact figure?
I can't find it on the express website. I find that a little strange.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the 2015 boys teams be announced?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxfan14
One of the advantages of dealing with the BOTC sponsors is that they are required to get this type of information out to the lacrosse community by working with us. Since the Express have not answered any of our e-mails to date, BOTC has no real communication channel into the Express organization to help bring clarity and answers to the board with regards to this program.

While BOTC would welcome Express participation, we will need to depend on other BOTC community members to answer your questions. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are asking about the cost of girls program, the honest answer is too much. The Express cares about the boys and the girls are an after thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only know answer to one boys team, not sure if they are all the same $1550 for 5 summer tourny's, practices and uniforms no equipment or bag

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

only know answer to one boys team, not sure if they are all the same $1550 for 5 summer tourny's, practices and uniforms no equipment or bag

FYI- ALL the boys teams where given Express equiptment bags last season (a large high quality bag).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
When will the 2015 boys teams be announced?

You should ask them on their twitter page. A Dad on my buddies son(I think it was a 5th grade team)Express team asked a question via twitter about who was coaching that team, I heard his question was answered quickly on the twitter page.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not that it is a big deal but do you know if most players(I mean their parents) end up buying the Express helmet or do they play with their town team helmets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up to the individual. directors have no preference with 2016 team my son is on. Dont't buy the helmet just to fit in...not worth having another helmet

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Up to the individual. directors have no preference with 2016 team my son is on. Dont't buy the helmet just to fit in...not worth having another helmet

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1350.00 last year for the girls why you need to know ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why you need to know could be one of the dumbest questions...
Before I sign up or pay for a product I like to know how much things cost.
I am going to guess that they are jacking up the price by at least $200.00 that's why they are being so shady.
Anyone else want to take a stab at the new price.
Anyone that sent in a deposit please let me know how much it is for the Boys or Girls... That's if you know, think about it, it's wrong what they are doing... Shame on us for letting them get away with it....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did your daughter make the team ? What year is she did they even send out email to kids that made it ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No. I have a son that is in the program for the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why you need to know could be one of the dumbest questions...
Before I sign up or pay for a product I like to know how much things cost.
I am going to guess that they are jacking up the price by at least $200.00 that's why they are being so shady.
Anyone else want to take a stab at the new price.
Anyone that sent in a deposit please let me know how much it is for the Boys or Girls... That's if you know, think about it, it's wrong what they are doing... Shame on us for letting them get away with it....

Is Express taking deposits without disclosing the full price? I don't understand how that could they could do this, if it is happening. Most importantly, I don't understand how parents are making deposits without knowing the full price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the barracuda non believers now express orange they played yesterday at hofstra fall tournament. They went 4 and 0 with 68 goals for 0 goals against. Since they have been together they are 9 and 0 with 131 goals for 10 against and 7 shutouts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
For all the barracuda non believers now express orange they played yesterday at hofstra fall tournament. They went 4 and 0 with 68 goals for 0 goals against. Since they have been together they are 9 and 0 with 131 goals for 10 against and 7 shutouts.
For those interested, here were the teams the schedules for the Blue and Gold Fall Youth Tournament.

Blue and Gold Fall Youth Tournament (Adobe Format)

In Grades 5/6, you had three Express teams, Pride, Brotherhood, two Head Heart Hustle groups, Be the Best and True Player.

In Grades 7/8, two Pride sides, Express, T-Birds, True Player, Madlaxers, Be the Best, GC Maroon, Brotherhood, HHH, Team 24/7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team that played yesterday and the barracuda team team that played over the summer are two different teams. To say they are 9-0 is ridiculous. When the Orange team starts to play some of the better team on the island we'll see if they are as good as advertised. For now, it's just alot of hot air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that sounds like a lot of fun, an average score of 17-0 you must have been on the edge of your folding chair all day! I'm sure your nerves were causing your hands to shake so much your beverage spilled from your red cup and that excitement lead to a sleepless night and an early morning post.

Must be great coaching, I'm sure they really enjoyed it and the kids got much better.

Not sure why you need to worry about the non believers. I'm pretty sure most people believe that a lot of very good players are on that team and that they should really beat the heck out of most teams they play.

I'm sure you see it as validation that you really picked the right summer team for your little boy, I see it as boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i always believed you learn more about yourself in defeat than victory.

lets just sign this entire team up to be the starting line up at syracuse for the spring 2017 year and crown them national champs 17,18,19 and 2020.

oh wait, more 8th graders are going to grow and develop. then we will see how good these players are. enjoy it now. these kids will end up sounding like al bundy. 5 touchdowns in one game, polk high class of 72.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you hate these 13 year old boys so much? What have they ever done to you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good job. Congrats to the kids on the team. Pathetic post by parent or coach.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What teams did they play at Hofstra??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 had this tournament on their fall schedule that was on their website then they took it down and they were not there. I was looking forward to the competition. What happened?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
What teams did they play at Hofstra??
The teams/schedules were posted just above and replayed here.

Blue and Gold Fall Youth Tournament (Adobe Format)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you hate these 13 year old boys so much? What have they ever done to you?

Nobody has a problems with the kids. I think a parent feels the need to justify himself and his actions from last year. No need to worry, as soon as the express loose, he will be trying to put another team together for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this thread about the Express or a forum for your personal vandettas? Its sad that you are making fun of children. You really need to grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son asked me to put this post out yesterday to watch your responses. You guys are pathetic. It was not fun watching the tournament they have 2 more with hopefully better competition. The boys just want to be respected win or lose. By the way all but 3 boys from the barracudas are on this team and the other three we wish only the best. They are great kids with great parents. If you can not respect their accomplishments don't bash them here. 95 percent of these boys make every practice and every game even with football going on. They are commited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that sounds like a lot of fun, an average score of 17-0 you must have been on the edge of your folding chair all day! I'm sure your nerves were causing your hands to shake so much your beverage spilled from your red cup and that excitement lead to a sleepless night and an early morning post.

Must be great coaching, I'm sure they really enjoyed it and the kids got much better.

Not sure why you need to worry about the non believers. I'm pretty sure most people believe that a lot of very good players are on that team and that they should really beat the heck out of most teams they play.

I'm sure you see it as validation that you really picked the right summer team for your little boy, I see it as boring.

My son played in a tournament last Monday @ Dowling and they won all 3 games. The first game was 30 to 2, 2nd game was 13 to 6 and the last game was 20 plus to 6 (stopped counting). The coach tried to slow it down by switching the kids to different positions and honestly that is the only reason the other teams scored. My son was disappointed that the competition was not better. I am not saying this to brag, but sometimes it is the luck of the draw @ these tournaments. We also play in the Farmingdale league and we have had great competition winning by only 1 goal. Those are they games your kid learns from, not winning by 17 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no horse in this race but just seeing all these comments makes me think that if the 2016 Orange is not finding any competition in the grade, they should challenge themselves against the 2015 Orange in a scrimmage or something. Would be a good test to see where they really are or if the grade is just not that deep beyond the Express. I think the Turtles (2017) usually try to play up so why not this team? Really, just a thought...not trying to be antagonistic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son asked me to put this post out yesterday to watch your responses. You guys are pathetic. It was not fun watching the tournament they have 2 more with hopefully better competition. The boys just want to be respected win or lose. By the way all but 3 boys from the barracudas are on this team and the other three we wish only the best. They are great kids with great parents. If you can not respect their accomplishments don't bash them here. 95 percent of these boys make every practice and every game even with football going on. They are commited

My son is not on this team and he never tried to be. He is happy where he is and thats all that counts. I think that people are making a big deal about the way the team was put together. I for one could care less and believe that most of the travel teams try to recruit kids from other travel teams. Why else would you get e-mails from every travel team telling you about their tryouts almost everyday. My son has attended many camps and someone is always trying to recruit him for their team. When coaches see talent it is natural for them to want them on their team.
I say good luck to this team and to all the other teams out there for the upcoming summer season. Just let them play and stop the crying !!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
well said. I wish this team the best and hope I get to watch them play one day. A friend of mine has a son who plays on this team and I know for a fact that they practice and are taking this serious, so all the best to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey did the turtles play? We saw them down at summer sizzle here in Baltimore. They played in the "B" division. We thought they were an A division team. Very confusing. Down here in MD A teams play A and B teams play B. I guess the website is more important!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... they won all 3 games. The first game was 30 to 2, 2nd game was 13 to 6 and the last game was 20 plus to 6 (stopped counting). The coach tried to slow it down by switching the kids to different positions and honestly that is the only reason the other teams scored. My son was disappointed that the competition was not better.
The problem here is several fold.

First, building super teams where top talent is collected is valuable to improve the top end caliber of play, however you need to create an environment where those teams can find competition. BOTC has called for the creation of a premier elite league structure on a regional level, similar to what exists in Youth Soccer, to allow the best teams to compete on a regular basis.

Second, a completely tiered league system is required (once the top level league is created) to establish a proving ground for promotion and relegation. This would extend down to the state/county level.

Third, Long Island Lacrosse needs to crack the problem where top clubs from outside of New [lacrosse] (New Jersey, Maryland in particular) are comfortable coming to our region and competing in single or multiple day tournaments.

Only once these three steps are taken will the real promise of forming premier teams be realized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The competition at the fall and winter tournaments can be hot or miss. Too many other things going on this time of year with football, basketball, etc. in full swing. You will get a better feeling of where the teams stand in the spring during the Oyster Bay League if they play each other. Otherwise, you'll need to wait until the summer tour starts. We should be seeing some very good games at the 2016 level this year. Good luck to all the boys. Many of the boys are friends on the different teams and we as parents should make sure it stays that way regardless of what team uniform they happen to be wearing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey did the turtles play? We saw them down at summer sizzle here in Baltimore. They played in the "B" division. We thought they were an A division team. Very confusing. Down here in MD A teams play A and B teams play B. I guess the website is more important!!!!!

If the turtles were in a "B" division they were probably playing up a year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 144 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard