BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
have the Jake reed Nike Bluechip direct invites gone out yet?

Pretty positive they have not yet gone out dispite Jake Reed posting on his twitter awhile back that they would be out by October 1st.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they are having a difficult time filling all the Florida slots, this will delay sending direct summer invites. They need to ensure their profits in florida before telling boys they do not need to come.

If you go on the 3d website application page it shows that every position still has open splots at the 2017 age group

Applications for 3d Blue Chip are way down - saw a 3d tweet where over 1000 had signed up - 5 regions, 120 per class, 4 classes = 2400 slots and I know there a few rising senior spots so it is probably closer to 2500 slots.

I would bet the 2018 is full, and then it declines from there.

Jake Reed is a money grab and overrated. I got a bad taste when I recieved an email asking for 75$ to watch a highlight video! Are they for real? Many other high quality showcases out there noticing and commiting kids to top D1 programs. Maverick Showtime is a much better showcase if you can get an invite. I wonder who these magic 60 invites go to? Kids of well connected daddys, I assume!

What's the story with 2017's that went to JR via 3d last year and the invite system? If they don't get direct invite this year is it true they can't go to 3d this year?
Definately not true.

Do you really think JR won't take your money?? Keep paying up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman ranked 15 preseason Suffolk an beat Turtles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and I understand they're receiving a trophy for the accomplishment. Its fall ball who cares???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and I understand they're receiving a trophy for the accomplishment. Its fall ball who cares???

Seems like a lot of people! It's an early indicator

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are all the top teams going to this fall? (91, express, outlaws, TB, Turtles, etc.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are all the top teams going to this fall? (91, express, outlaws, TB, Turtles, etc.)

Turtles website says NSLCA fall showcase and Philly team showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any feedback on which is better. Top 205 or National 175 for this summer. Which has more D1

Just one man's opinion on summer showcases:

1. Maverick Showtime
2. Jake Reed (but losing some favor b/c expanded # of kids)
3. Black Card Showcase (NSCLA members only)
4. National 175
5. Top 204
6. All others

I would second this list.

Maverik Showtime seems to have taken the top billing from JR. JR with their deal 3d has lost some of its cache, but is still a great place to be seen.

You have to play for a NSCLA team for Blackcard so haven't seen that one first hand.

I think of the anyone can get in showcases 175 has probably snuck past Top 205 mostly because of the numbers. There are just too many people at 205, but if you do manage to make the all star game you can still get a lot out of it. 175 has a lot fewer players, and I liked the fact that they treat every game as an all star game so if you have done your homework before hand you can get the coaches to watch your games.

Any opinions of Fab Frosh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fab Frosh is an excellent showcase. We know of two kids who went last year and within a two week period got contacts to prospect camps and invitations to visit. Very good communication with coaches from within the showcase. Must have been at least 25 schools there evaluating. By invitation only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fab Frosh is an excellent showcase. We know of two kids who went last year and within a two week period got contacts to prospect camps and invitations to visit. Very good communication with coaches from within the showcase. Must have been at least 25 schools there evaluating. By invitation only.

I trust this person's opinion but I have heard more mixed feedback. A lot of kids, mixed talent level. If you kid ia already going to Jake Reed and/or Maverick Showcase, probably not worth it. If not, I would go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got my invite to Fab Frosh and trying to decide as well. Were on the fence because of the all other summer crap going on. Dont know much about it, but I have heard good things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulled the below direct from 3d as you can see most region/postion/grade combinations remain open - well past the September notification date - including 2018 where the only way into Jake Reed is via 3d

2017 attack is the only position full across all regions and overall 2017 seems to be the class with the filled spots

MIDWEST Attack Defense/LSM FOGO Goalie Midfield
2015 Open Open Open Open Open
2016 Full Open Open Full Open
2017 Full Open Open Open Full
2018 Open Open Open Open Open

WEST Attack Defense/LSM FOGO Goalie Midfield
2016 Open Full Open Open Open
2017 Full Full Open Full Open

SOUTH Attack Defense/LSM FOGO Goalie Midfield
2016 Open Open Open Full Open
2017 Full Open Open Open Open

MID-ATLANTIC Attack Defense/LSM FOGO Goalie Midfield
2016 Open Open Open Open Open

NORTHEAST Attack Defense/LSM FOGO Goalie Midfield
2016 Open Open Open Open Open

if they are having a difficult time filling all the Florida slots, this will delay sending direct summer invites. They need to ensure their profits in florida before telling boys they do not need to come.

If you go on the 3d website application page it shows that every position still has open splots at the 2017 age group

Applications for 3d Blue Chip are way down - saw a 3d tweet where over 1000 had signed up - 5 regions, 120 per class, 4 classes = 2400 slots and I know there a few rising senior spots so it is probably closer to 2500 slots.

I would bet the 2018 is full, and then it declines from there.

Jake Reed is a money grab and overrated. I got a bad taste when I recieved an email asking for 75$ to watch a highlight video! Are they for real? Many other high quality showcases out there noticing and commiting kids to top D1 programs. Maverick Showtime is a much better showcase if you can get an invite. I wonder who these magic 60 invites go to? Kids of well connected daddys, I assume!

I bet there's alot more than 60 2017's waiting for their invite first, before they go the 3d route. If JR released the direct invites, then there will be a mad rush for 3d action. Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but just want an update if anyone's kids (2017s) have received a direct invite (not 3D Blue chip) to Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip for the upcoming summer? Were suppossed to be out awhile ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Long Island Sting 2017 Team have tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but just want an update if anyone's kids (2017s) have received a direct invite (not 3D Blue chip) to Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip for the upcoming summer? Were suppossed to be out awhile ago.

Haven't heard of anyone getting one yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg the amount of people on here panicking about little Johnny's invite to Jake Reed is comical. Dont worry yourself too much, as soon as the invites are out I'm sure all the self absorbed dads living vicariously through their kids will post letting everyone know that their little Johnny was invited. Take a breath, if he doesnt get an invite the world will still rotate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg the amount of people on here panicking about little Johnny's invite to Jake Reed is comical. Dont worry yourself too much, as soon as the invites are out I'm sure all the self absorbed dads living vicariously through their kids will post letting everyone know that their little Johnny was invited. Take a breath, if he doesnt get an invite the world will still rotate
You are one of the most condescending, negative, glass half full people out there. Maybe people just want to know if others have heard as it is a lot of money to have to go through 3D Blue Chip (cost of event, airfaire, hotel) to get to Jake Reed. Is that living through your kid or economic reality? I do realize a family chould chose to bag it all together if cost was a big issue, but just asking. Don't need the d-bag response you have to everything, Little Johnny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one of the most condescending, negative, glass half full people out there. Maybe people just want to know if others have heard as it is a lot of money to have to go through 3D Blue Chip (cost of event, airfaire, hotel) to get to Jake Reed. Is that living through your kid or economic reality? I do realize a family chould chose to bag it all together if cost was a big issue, but just asking. Don't need the d-bag response you have to everything, Little Johnny.

Wow, D-Bag, lol. Did you think of that yourself? Take a look at this thread and see how many posts there are about the Jake Reed invites going out. Also look at the post describing the open slots at 3D Blue Chip. If you know anything about lacrosse and how it works at this level you would know that to get a direct invite to Jake Reed you pretty much need to have a coach with some juice recommend your kid. Pretty much every kid that's going to get a direct invite is aware that they will be getting one. If there's a question in your mind then Little Johnny is probably not getting an invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres a dose of reality for all you "wheres my Jake Reed invite " people

http://lacrosserecruits.com/news/featured/numbers-game-on-the-realities-of-lacrosse-recruiting/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://lacrosserecruits.com/news/featured/numbers-game-on-the-realities-of-lacrosse-recruiting/

Thanks genius. No one knew any of this and the world is falling...Go have a drink, something to make you happier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks genius. No one knew any of this and the world is falling...Go have a drink, something to make you happier.

Judging by the posts on this site its pretty apparent that noone does know any of this and they think the world is falling because their son didnt get a Jake Reed invite. Thanks but I am quite happy reading all these ridiculous posts from delusional parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Judging by the posts on this site its pretty apparent that noone does know any of this and they think the world is falling because their son didnt get a Jake Reed invite. Thanks but I am quite happy reading all these ridiculous posts from delusional parents

Got another reminder to register for 3d Jake Reed today. They must be hurting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there tough guy. These 'dads' are deserved an answer after this long process that started in Florida in January and continued into July in Marylnd. It shouldn't take four months to send out invites. And by the way, don't pretend you are so above all of this. You are obviously pretty concerned about your little 'Johnny' if your surfing BOTC early in the morning. Please spare us the snarky comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there tough guy. These 'dads' are deserved an answer after this long process that started in Florida in January and continued into July in Marylnd. It shouldn't take four months to send out invites. And by the way, don't pretend you are so above all of this. You are obviously pretty concerned about your little 'Johnny' if your surfing BOTC early in the morning. Please spare us the snarky comments.

Agree, the guy should be outlawed from the board. Condescending, negatoid about everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call Jake Reed and explain to him how you "deserve" an answer. Good luck with that and let me know how that turns out......unreal

I dont think anyone is stating they are above anything. I myself am realistic about my kid and his place, not really too worried about Jake Reed invites, the whole lacrosse world doesnt revolve around it. Plenty of other places to play and showcase your kid. If your kid is that good he doesnt need Jake Reed, colleges will find him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call Jake Reed and explain to him how you "deserve" an answer. Good luck with that and let me know how that turns out......unreal

I dont think anyone is stating they are above anything. I myself am realistic about my kid and his place, not really too worried about Jake Reed invites, the whole lacrosse world doesnt revolve around it. Plenty of other places to play and showcase your kid. If your kid is that good he doesnt need Jake Reed, colleges will find him

And... if your kid "IS" that good, he'll be invited to JR and everything else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys get tired arguing about whose kid is better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys get tired arguing whose 14 year old boy is better? I've never seen such chest bumping/name calling over a kid's sport.

Nope... silly question.

Asked and answered back on 9/16/13. This is a recurring question on this forum. I would think it no longer matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And... if your kid "IS" that good, he'll be invited to JR and everything else.

Amen to that ^ Brother!!
So many dudes wondering what if and then diminishing the positive aspect of being invited to all of the showcases. My kids lucky. He was blessed with a little innate ability and maximized the coaching and games/tournament experiences thus far and has been invited to all of the "major?" Showcases. Hopefully JR will be on his list as well. If not; he is not doing 3D again. Gotta give him a break. These kids really need to have some fun away from lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the Maverik Showtime for next summer have gone out (for 2017s) as well as the Jake Reed fall invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got Outlaws 2017 Black
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore
Nov 24th NXT Invitational PA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

They should garner 2, maybe 3 wins total in those 5 tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

I have no idea how accurate your prediction is, I'm just wondering what you are basing it on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

why so obnoxious? someone asked where the LI teams were playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

I have no idea how accurate your prediction is, I'm just wondering what you are basing it on.

Why would you even ask what this moron is basing his prediction on? Who cares what he predicts or thinks? It is just going to open up a conversation for grown men to bash 14/15 yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait and see MR 91 IDIOT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait and see MR 91 IDIOT

WOW! Sorry, but this "91 IDIOT" is the one sticking up for the Outlaw boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

The amount of WINS doesn't mean anything at this age for all 2017 teams, its about getting noticed by the colleges. Learn the process before you talk stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like a Good Schedule
What are 91,Express,Team LI, jesters,fl$,and True B Doing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nov 3rd legacy Boston
Nov 9th uplax Baltimore
Nov 10th NSCLA Baltimore
Nov 16th 3d Baltimore

Exactly! College coaches don't care who wins. They're looking for talented players. Good job by Outlaws placing the team in high profile tournaments.

The amount of WINS doesn't mean anything at this age for all 2017 teams, its about getting noticed by the colleges. Learn the process before you talk stupid.

Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard