BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New coach, he is the HEAD coach, already contacting players to inform them of the change

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares
Thank you for the contribution to this thread. You have clearly moved the discussion forward for the entirety of the lacrosse community. With such pithy (our SAT Word of the Day) insight, have you considered a career in journalism?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2020 Tomahawks kids go back to the team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2020 Tomahawks kids go back to the team this year?

4 left from last year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no credibility. The Palm Beach goalie is a 2019 player, it says so on their website. So he is now a U13 player. 2020 Express Terps won Lehigh the year before and that tournament blows. The other tournaments they won and played strong competition and beat many older teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the <<Deleted>> MS try outs being held in December?

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the <<Deleted>> MS try outs being held in December?

Oops- sorry. whistle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no credibility. The Palm Beach goalie is a 2019 player, it says so on their website. So he is now a U13 player. 2020 Express Terps won Lehigh the year before and that tournament blows. The other tournaments they won and played strong competition and beat many older teams.

Funny, Crush didn't look for excuses before they even made it to semis, they just won it all! Shoulda, woulda coulda:( Your not in the same league and never will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, Crush didn't look for excuses before they even made it to semis, they just won it all! Shoulda, woulda coulda:( Your not in the same league and never will be

Don't you love it when one Crush parent answers another one.........

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage,
When did "Be The Best" pop up on the board? I don't remember seeing them on the list last week or on the marquee informing the general population on try-outs.
If this was an invitation only team, why bother trying to hide it or put on the illusion of try-outs.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage,
When did "Be The Best" pop up on the board? I don't remember seeing them on the list last week or on the marquee informing the general population on try-outs.
If this was an invitation only team, why bother trying to hide it or put on the illusion of try-outs.
The club was added to the Long Island Clubs content island roughly three weeks back. The club never supplied BOTC with information regarding their tryout schedule. As a result, we have absolutely nothing to share about the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Express A plays 91 A this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Express A plays 91 A this weekend.

Yes, will be another bloodbath to start the season. Fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage, any info on the blue and gold hofstra tournament this Saturday?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage, any info on the blue and gold hofstra tournament this Saturday?
Nope.

BOTC can get answers to your questions from any of our sponsoring tournaments, camps, clinics, showcases, or clubs. However, when you choose to patronize a tournament that is not part of the BOTC "Circle of Events", you are on your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason why that tournament is not in your 'circle of events' ?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Is there a reason why that tournament is not in your 'circle of events' ?
You would have to ask the organizers of the tournament.

We have reached out to have them join (twice including an on-site meeting), but to date they have not opted to join the BOTC Community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Was just curious because it seems all the top teams are playing in the Halloween Havoc tournament so was looking to see if anybody new of teams that had played in that tournament in the past or is registered to play. Appreciate the honesty thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all play 'up' because their kids should be in that grade (2019) by birthdate anyways. So it's really a level playing field when you get Crush vs a 2019 team. It cracks me up that everyone is amazed at how well Crush does against 2020 teams - of course they do well when they play kids who are generally a year younger than they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more with this statement. Having kids who are a year older play against younger kids makes all the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more with this statement. Having kids who are a year older play against younger kids makes all the difference.

So, you are saying that many Crush players are already 12? That would explain a lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you are saying that many Crush players are already 12? That would explain a lot!

Oh without question - they setup their teams based on graduation year only while most clubs do it by graduation year/birthdate combination. I doubt their entire team is older but I know for a fact that many of them are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how can they play in age based tournaments and still play at the younger age levels? example: how did they play in U11 age based tournaments this past year if they had older players. I can understand them getting by in grade based tounreys but this seems like inaccurate information. I think they just have some bigger kids who are very skilled and are of age. Give them the credit they deserve

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how can they play in age based tournaments and still play at the younger age levels? example: how did they play in U11 age based tournaments this past year if they had older players. I can understand them getting by in grade based tounreys but this seems like inaccurate information. I think they just have some bigger kids who are very skilled and are of age. Give them the credit they deserve

Oh no, not this conversation again!! most tournaments, and ALL college recruiting goes by grad year. Thats just the way it is, we all should of held our kids back to get that edge. Not fair to kids taht thought they were playing by rules that don't exist!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its like "Groundhog Day" on this site. Same time as last year, same idiots posting the same crap. Like me posting this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids you referencing are not older. They qualify...... Put it to rest already. I'm not part of 91 and would never have my son play there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because you aren't required to submit proof of age in those tournaments, only a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here. The kids you are referring to are playing in the right age group. They are of proper age for 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids you referencing are not older. They qualify...... Put it to rest already. I'm not part of 91 and would never have my son play there.

Here is an email that was sent to a prominent Long Island Lacrosse Club this summer:

"My son is interested in trying out for your club – his birthdate is 5/30/2001, however he is going into 6th grade so his grad year would be 2020 even though he could be in the 2019 class by birthdate. Would he be trying out for the 2019 teams or the 2020 teams?"

Here is the response that was received:

"Thanks for the email. Everything we do is by graduation year. So he would be trying out for the 2020 team.

Our philosophy is that these are the kids that they will be playing with and against throughout college. Furthermore, they will be recruited to colleges by their graduation year, not by their birthdate.

Hope that helps clear things up."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here it comes, all the crying about how the crush kids are older. The secret is out, actually three of the Crush kids are actually college freshman that get flown in for tournaments. Stop the nonsense, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MORE THAN QUALIFY FOR AGE OR U BASED TOURNAMENTS (FACT) they are all 2020. I guess it makes total sense to believe a professional and college coach, someone who earns a living and supports his family coaching lax would cheat for a youth program. GET A LIFE.

As of now the CRUSH is just better because they happen to have more talented kids and get top level coaching. Those are the facts get over it and stop living through your kids, maybe actually take them to a clinic or 2. DOPES.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only 3 or 4 kids who matter on the Crush, and this coach you reference plays the entire game through them, so yes, anyone who would do that at this age would also bend the rules to his advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played in college, all 4 years. My freshman year we played with and against a lot of kids who were older than us, when i was senior we played with and against kids that were younger than us, a few older too but no one cared. That's how college works. -- AND HS TOO..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should tell all the kids playing for the U15 Crabs, Breakers, FCA et al that they are wasting their time. Coaches only look at grad years. LOL

Oh no, not this conversation again!! most tournaments, and ALL college recruiting goes by grad year. Thats just the way it is, we all should of held our kids back to get that edge. Not fair to kids taht thought they were playing by rules that don't exist!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so let's just create 4-year age bracket teams and have 6th graders play against 3rd graders, and high school sophomores play against 7th graders. who do you think will dominate? think that's fair? once you get to college most kids have gone through puberty and can control how strong they are by working out and exercising. that doesn'w work at the younger ages, which is why almost all sports have age-based teams. do you think it's a coincidence that more often than not the "best" kids are also the oldest? This will all hopefully even itself out as the kids mature and get older but at the younger ages it makes a huge difference. That is a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here it comes, all the crying about how the crush kids are older. The secret is out, actually three of the Crush kids are actually college freshman that get flown in for tournaments. Stop the nonsense, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MORE THAN QUALIFY FOR AGE OR U BASED TOURNAMENTS (FACT) they are all 2020. I guess it makes total sense to believe a professional and college coach, someone who earns a living and supports his family coaching lax would cheat for a youth program. GET A LIFE.

As of now the CRUSH is just better because they happen to have more talented kids and get top level coaching. Those are the facts get over it and stop living through your kids, maybe actually take them to a clinic or 2. DOPES.

The question was, are ANY of the kids on Crush supposed to be in 7th grade?
That answer is yes. One of there best players is a hold back.
What great institution did you graduate that you call people dopes so freely?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your argument is that since it's OK for an 18 yr old to play with a 21 yr old - it's OK for 12 possible 13 yr old to play with a 10/11 yr old. Because nothing like puberty has any impact at this age. Yes, I see your point - excellent argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the comment was in regard to this:::
Our philosophy is that these are the kids that they will be playing with and against throughout college. Furthermore, they will be recruited to colleges by their graduation year, not by their birthdate.
No one thinks 3rd graders should play 6th graders...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are kids on that team who are old enough to be in 7th grade but are playing for a 6th grade team. Facts are facts.

If it makes you feel good to win vs younger kids then great. Though I'm not sure what good it does for the older kids to be playing younger ones. If those were my kids and they were that good I'd be pushing them to play vs tougher opponents who were their age, or even older. But then they might not win all the time and then the parents wouldn't be able to live vicariously through their 6th (or 7th) graders... Oh, I get it now!

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard