BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, emails for terps went out. Having my son on this team for the last few years has been a pleasure. We have always had a well run, competitive and most importantly, fun team environment.

Unlike some of the other posters, we have enjoyed the last few years and have had none of the nonesense that others complain about...My son is happy and loves the game and the team, that is good enough for me. Helps that they win alot, but winning isnt everything.

Good luck to all of your sons.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, emails for terps went out. Having my son on this team for the last few years has been a pleasure. We have always had a well run, competitive and most importantly, fun team environment.

Unlike some of the other posters, we have enjoyed the last few years and have had none of the nonesense that others complain about...My son is happy and loves the game and the team, that is good enough for me. Helps that they win alot, but winning isnt everything.

And that is usually the case for the A team... B and C, the poster above is 100 percent on point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will be missed as would any and all of the kids that will not be together again this year. I can tell you from experience that the boys will continue to be friends on and off the field through HS, it was and is a great group of kids

-BFF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the emails for the other teams go out today as well? Do they send emails out if they do not make the team, or only the invitations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope - by my kid plays on the team - he is telling me that there is some new blood in there which should turn up the heat a little more on the top tier LI teams - games were all close last year - but no wins - hopefully we can do a little better this year !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope - by my kid plays on the team - he is telling me that there is some new blood in there which should turn up the heat a little more on the top tier LI teams - games were all close last year - but no wins - hopefully we can do a little better this year !!

umm again what team are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will be missed as would any and all of the kids that will not be together again this year. I can tell you from experience that the boys will continue to be friends on and off the field through HS, it was and is a great group of kids

-BFF

Sorry to give wrong impression above...mine made the team again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the emails for the other teams go out today as well? Do they send emails out if they do not make the team, or only the invitations?

Only invites go out. Most likely all will be out by tomorrow night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-BFF

Of course. No Express parent would come on these boards to announce their son didn't make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-BFF

Of course. No Express parent would come on these boards to announce their son didn't make the team.

If they their kid didn't make the team than they wouldn't be an Express parent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-BFF

If they their kid didn't make the team than they wouldn't be an Express parent.

Dude you have to move on, you moving back and forth between 2018 & 2017 writing negative things is getting old!! Get over it and grow up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know if Express sent out all the invites yet for the 2018 teams??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Third team invites have not gone out yet.

Management probably waiting to get all responses for second team first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically invites for Terps and Wolverines went out for 2018 is what you are saying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites for 2018 Piranah's are out as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically invites for Terps and Wolverines went out for 2018 is what you are saying?

some people have just received 2018 piranha emails

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Piranhas are out. They had 3 teams last year and I guess it is the same this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1st 2017 has now committed. This puts the 2018 class on the clock. Assuming the trend continues we are less than 365 days away from the 1st 2018 commitment to UNC or JHU or UVA!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1st 2017 has now committed. This puts the 2018 class on the clock. Assuming the trend continues we are less than 365 days away from the 1st 2018 commitment to UNC or JHU or UVA!!!

This time next year, how old will that 2018 lad be? I say 15 as a 9th grader, perhaps turning 16 before the end of 2014. Just as likely a full year hold-back than anything else. He will certainly be able to drive himself to his very first HS game in the Spring of 2015 (if he lives in MD). Unless he played up in HS as an 8th grader, which is a real possibility.

What is unlikely is that a "true" class of 2018 HS freshman will be committing in calendar 2014. Maybe by Spring 2015.

This is how it works gents! Let the games begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This time next year, how old will that 2018 lad be? I say 15 as a 9th grader, perhaps turning 16 before the end of 2014. Just as likely a full year hold-back than anything else. He will certainly be able to drive himself to his very first HS game in the Spring of 2015 (if he lives in MD). Unless he played up in HS as an 8th grader, which is a real possibility.

What is unlikely is that a "true" class of 2018 HS freshman will be committing in calendar 2014. Maybe by Spring 2015.

This is how it works gents! Let the games begin.

I thought age didn't mean anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This trend is going to have to stop at some point because it just does not make sense as both player and coach are taking risks so early in the process. As the growth of the game continues and a larger recruiting pool is established coaches are not going to have to be pressure to make these commitments to kids at such a young age. They can wait it until these kids are either juniors or god forbid seniors before committing because the talent pool is going to be deeper.

Look at the rest of the landscape in college athletics. No sport has freshman and sophmores committing like lacrosse. Why? Because talent in sports like basketball, football, and baseball is spread out across the country and not isolated to 5 states in the northeast. As lacrosse grows across the country, the recruiting pattern will change as well.

It is going to take a couple of coaches from major programs (and subsequently win) waiting to recruit to change this trend but I cannot see how recruiting any earlier is going to help these programs. Kids change not only physically but emotionally and what they believe to be the greatest love at 15 maybe dramatically different in 2 years time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to agree completely with your post. It is however inappropriate for the 2018 forum. The 1st 2018 will commit in less than 365 days. I am certain.

Perhaps the 1st 2022 will commit as a sophmore or junior. The 1st 2019 may actually commit before the 1st day of classes freshman year. In reality, since the fall club season has not started, this commit may have well committed during this past summer.

This trend is going to have to stop at some point because it just does not make sense as both player and coach are taking risks so early in the process. As the growth of the game continues and a larger recruiting pool is established coaches are not going to have to be pressure to make these commitments to kids at such a young age. They can wait it until these kids are either juniors or god forbid seniors before committing because the talent pool is going to be deeper.

Look at the rest of the landscape in college athletics. No sport has freshman and sophmores committing like lacrosse. Why? Because talent in sports like basketball, football, and baseball is spread out across the country and not isolated to 5 states in the northeast. As lacrosse grows across the country, the recruiting pattern will change as well.

It is going to take a couple of coaches from major programs (and subsequently win) waiting to recruit to change this trend but I cannot see how recruiting any earlier is going to help these programs. Kids change not only physically but emotionally and what they believe to be the greatest love at 15 maybe dramatically different in 2 years time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any input on JA or MH as coaches for 2018 white?

Run for the hills like 8 players per year did with 2020

Just a follow up. They are not coaching the team this year. That said, doesn't anybody have helpful feedback for 91 white?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any input on JA or MH as coaches for 2018 white?

Run for the hills like 8 players per year did with 2020

Just a follow up. They are not coaching the team this year. That said, doesn't anybody have helpful feedback for 91 white?

2018 White will be probably be a solid B team this year. Last years White is now Orange. Probably a lot of new kids from Raiders and Stampede. Solid organization that everyone wants to play for. I am sure it will be a good season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run for the hills. 2018 White is very weak. Coaches ran and so have multiple players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but the new white is not the white of last year, they are now the new orange and orange is the new extreme (name only). so, orange (formerly white) will have a competitive season.

Run for the hills. 2018 White is very weak. Coaches ran and so have multiple players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but the new white is not the white of last year, they are now the new orange and orange is the new extreme (name only). so, orange (formerly white) will have a competitive season.

Yes this years Orange will have a competitive team. Will actually be very strong 90% of last years white team is on Orange. The White team this year is very weak. It is the Extreme is the A team, Orange B, and White C, Stampede developmental. Lets forget the semantics of AA, and A and so on. In 91 world its just a nice way to put it that your son is on B team but we'll call the A a AA team and the B an A team. Yup its crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 - Express are so out to make a buck how many teams does 2018 have on 91 - Express ? $$$$$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has four 2018 teams and Express has 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And this matters... why? If you don't like it, go to another club that has only 1 team. Both 91 and Express second teams are better than most single club teams. The third teams can hold their own and the fourth team, I know some of the kids, love playing and don't really care, they just do enjoy being with the other players and just have fun, which, by the way, should really be the focus around most of these club teams. Learn to play, play fair, respect each other and have fun.

91 has four 2018 teams and Express has 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 - Express are so out to make a buck how many teams does 2018 have on 91 - Express ? $$$$$$$$$

I never understand the Express money comments. Express is 3 payments of 600. If you want to do the fall (like a lot not all clubs) it is extra. You can opt out if you choose and just pay the 1800. Further, they provide good coaching to teams outside their elite teams. For example, the head coaches at Kellenberg & Chaminade both coach Express B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never understand the Express money comments. Express is 3 payments of 600. If you want to do the fall (like a lot not all clubs) it is extra. You can opt out if you choose and just pay the 1800. Further, they provide good coaching to teams outside their elite teams. For example, the head coaches at Kellenberg & Chaminade both coach Express B teams.

Just look at these coaches and how many teams they coach A/B means nothing it's all about the money!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know how the 2018 jesters did at HAVOC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one? Black (A) team was 1-1 when I left and playing the outlaws again to determine who would play 91 Orange in Championship game. Only 3 teams in A bracket. Green (B) team looks like it has some work to do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team beat Outlaws 6-2, lost to 91 orange by 1, a game they were up by three in, lost to same Outlaw team by 1 in playoff game. Not a bad day. One goal away from Championship. Team will be very tough come summer, they will play everyone tight. Only three teams in A bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And this matters... why? If you don't like it, go to another club that has only 1 team. Both 91 and Express second teams are better than most single club teams. The third teams can hold their own and the fourth team, I know some of the kids, love playing and don't really care, they just do enjoy being with the other players and just have fun, which, by the way, should really be the focus around most of these club teams. Learn to play, play fair, respect each other and have fun.

[quote=Anonymous]91 has four 2018 teams and Express has 3.

Both have two teams that are A level teams. Them the thirds are solid B teams. Not sure about fourth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it too early to complain about how unfair the upcoming Brine NLC tryouts are? smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
of course not... complain away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do u think tryouts will be unfair? Let's be honest most of the Long Island team will be 2018's. I will be surprised to see 4 or 5 2019's. Who is coaching Long Island team?

Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard