BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Turtles lost to Walt Whitman Varsity and Turtles coaches didn't seem to take it too well.

What was the score

So a varsity squad beat a bunch of freshman? WOW.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles lost to Walt Whitman Varsity and Turtles coaches didn't seem to take it too well.

What was the score

By 1 no less...even with their typical outlaw tactics and cheap shots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score

What tactics? Playing hard and winning?

Watched the game and it was fun, good lacrosse. Turtles capatalized on man ups and Whitman dominated the physical battle which is what you would expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score

What tactics? Playing hard and winning?

Watched the game and it was fun, good lacrosse. Turtles capatalized on man ups and Whitman dominated the physical battle which is what you would expect.

Turtles are really coming into their own! A little humility will serve them well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whitman isn't even a top team? Interesting, I'm sure the excuses will be flowing, I'll take out my violin

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score

Is that why you guys always play UP so you have a built in excuse? Don't you guys normally play UP in "B"brackets? Sorry, The Empire is crumbling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score

Is that why you guys always play UP so you have a built in excuse? Don't you guys normally play UP in "B"brackets? Sorry, The Empire is crumbling.

Why put those kids in that position? What r they trying to prove? Concentrate on age appropriate performance. Getting beat on by bigger is never better. It's the Napoleon ego striking once again. What a debacle that playing up has become for that team. I feel for them. Playiing WW is like playing an average jv team. What did they get for their efforts but a tail between their legs?

Better not go up,against the likes of TB,fl$ or 91....serious beat downs waiting there.
The coach there always says" we don't duck anyone"; But NEVER invites the above teams to come and play. Why is that, pray tell???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup. That's one of the biggest reason for it... Sadly.

Reality, 99% of the biggest fastest athletes in 8th grade are not a factor 4 years later when the rest of the boys caught up.

Really ? 99%. How did you come up with that data.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score

Why put those kids in that position? What r they trying to prove? Concentrate on age appropriate performance. Getting beat on by bigger is never better. It's the Napoleon ego striking once again. What a debacle that playing up has become for that team. I feel for them. Playiing WW is like playing an average jv team. What did they get for their efforts but a tail between their legs?

Better not go up,against the likes of TB,fl$ or 91....serious beat downs waiting there.
The coach there always says" we don't duck anyone"; But NEVER invites the above teams to come and play. Why is that, pray tell???

why doesn't everyone do what they think is best for their kids. This team beats up on teams and its not fair, they lose by a goal and they're in over their heads. give it a rest already. TB, fl$, 91 c'mon man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We saw the second half of the Turtle's game. I am not a parent on either team, I just stopped to watch when they were pointed out. It was a great game, very close and competitive, they did not appear to be out matched or blown out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry but - teams play up to get better - will they win every game...no, will they get better and get more experience, certainly. I do not have a 2017 child, but we stopped after our game to watch about 10 minutes of this game (Turtles/Whitman). What I saw were two teams go at each other, Whitman was by far more physical, but they also were able to move the ball and play skillful lacrosse. Turtles had excellent ball movement on offense, I think they lacked a little size to better penetrate and draw slides from Whitman, but in all it was very good lacrosse. I think it is a shame to make comments like, "empire crumbling", and the other nonsense. These are young men remember, they are absolutely trying their best - in the short time I watched, not one kid quit on a play, or stopped trying...don't diminish their effort or character by making such rude comments on an online forum - in doing so, you only diminish your arguments and character, clean it up and act like adults....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry but - teams play up to get better - will they win every game...no, will they get better and get more experience, certainly. I do not have a 2017 child, but we stopped after our game to watch about 10 minutes of this game (Turtles/Whitman). What I saw were two teams go at each other, Whitman was by far more physical, but they also were able to move the ball and play skillful lacrosse. Turtles had excellent ball movement on offense, I think they lacked a little size to better penetrate and draw slides from Whitman, but in all it was very good lacrosse. I think it is a shame to make comments like, "empire crumbling", and the other nonsense. These are young men remember, they are absolutely trying their best - in the short time I watched, not one kid quit on a play, or stopped trying...don't diminish their effort or character by making such rude comments on an online forum - in doing so, you only diminish your arguments and character, clean it up and act like adults....

The Turtles brought those comments on mainly because of the way they have carried on the past several years bragging about how great they are and how they are the best, hand picked elite atheletes. privilaged with the best training and coaches, etc. I think people are making these comments because we are seeing that all this pampering is not making as big a difference as some may have anticipated. A dose of humility will serve them well. There are many great teams and players on LI. Not just the Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any feedback on which is better. Top 205 or National 175 for this summer. Which has more D1

Just one man's opinion on summer showcases:

1. Maverick Showtime
2. Jake Reed (but losing some favor b/c expanded # of kids)
3. Black Card Showcase (NSCLA members only)
4. National 175
5. Top 204
6. All others

I would second this list.

Maverik Showtime seems to have taken the top billing from JR. JR with their deal 3d has lost some of its cache, but is still a great place to be seen.

You have to play for a NSCLA team for Blackcard so haven't seen that one first hand.

I think of the anyone can get in showcases 175 has probably snuck past Top 205 mostly because of the numbers. There are just too many people at 205, but if you do manage to make the all star game you can still get a lot out of it. 175 has a lot fewer players, and I liked the fact that they treat every game as an all star game so if you have done your homework before hand you can get the coaches to watch your games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtles brought those comments on mainly because of the way they have carried on the past several years bragging about how great they are and how they are the best, hand picked elite atheletes. privilaged with the best training and coaches, etc. I think people are making these comments because we are seeing that all this pampering is not making as big a difference as some may have anticipated. A dose of humility will serve them well. There are many great teams and players on LI. Not just the Turtles.

Unfortunately you are letting hearsay get the best of you. Like you I have heard similar things but when it comes to direct conversation with the kids or their parents, none of this rings true. Boils down to the societal evolution of today. If someone has something I dont, why dont I have it and if i cant then just try to discredit the people that do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. You are spot on. And btw isn't it weird how a few people on this 2017 thread just happened to be "walking by the field and stop to watch" and they don't have a 2017 kid, wow what a bunch of BS. Please stop with the "they are only kids" stuff, these are now HS players who are young MEN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. You are spot on. And btw isn't it weird how a few people on this 2017 thread just happened to be "walking by the field and stop to watch" and they don't have a 2017 kid, wow what a bunch of BS. Please stop with the "they are only kids" stuff, these are now HS players who are young MEN.

Have to agree. When you put yourself on a pedestal, there is only one plce to go. And you better believe people will notice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of hate and jealousy that is out there is incredible. "young men" they are in the 9th grade, the bashing and hating has been going on for some time maybe since these boys were in the 6th or 7th grade.

No adult who had any success of their own as an athlete would ever bash a kid who has put in the time and effort to become a good player.

These kids are good because of the amount of work that they put in, not because of who their parents are.

Many of you have been waiting for them to fail since these boys were in the 5th grade. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

The fact that many who have had negative comments have also been quick to point out how they are not the biggest, fastest athletes demonstrates how good they are. You have been waiting for the day when bigger stronger kids could knock them around. It is sad that small minded people wish such ill will upon children.

The fact that they are able to compete with and beat teams that might have superior athletic talent is a testament to all of the work that they have put in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I get it now.... I am allowed to make to make these comments because of things I have read on an anonymous forum, hearsay, and rumor....I get it now, you're right keep bashing it makes your arguments and zingers that much more effective.... Your son is going to grow up and live his own life, there is NOTHING you can do about it - enjoy the time you have with him now in 20years you will undoubtedly feel radically different about this experience and crave to have it all back.. take a deep breath and enjoy it - it will not last forever...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone's son received a 2017 Jake Reed SUMMER invite yet (not 3D Blue Chip in the winter, I mean a direct invite)? Just trying to figure out if/when they are going out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I get it now.... I am allowed to make to make these comments because of things I have read on an anonymous forum, hearsay, and rumor....I get it now, you're right keep bashing it makes your arguments and zingers that much more effective.... Your son is going to grow up and live his own life, there is NOTHING you can do about it - enjoy the time you have with him now in 20years you will undoubtedly feel radically different about this experience and crave to have it all back.. take a deep breath and enjoy it - it will not last forever...

I really don't think the Turtle posts are about jealousy. No one is saying that the boys/young men are not a talented and hard working group. The problem is that when high profile well connected members of the lacrosse community put together a team that is hand picked it not only makes other kids and parents wondering if they really are not as good. The Turtles also have walked around with a halo for years. The didn't lose many games, but when they did they did not always do it graciously. There was always some kind of excuse, too big. bad calls etc. I am glad they have lost a few because I feel like they will learn to appreciate the ups/ downs of lacrosse that most other players go through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality, 99% of the biggest fastest athletes in 8th grade are not a factor 4 years later when the rest of the boys caught up.

60% of the time that is correct every time...souonds like the father of a slow kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone's son received a 2017 Jake Reed SUMMER invite yet (not 3D Blue Chip in the winter, I mean a direct invite)? Just trying to figure out if/when they are going out.
??? DOn't want this to get lost in all of the ridiculous Turtles hating going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60% of the time that is correct every time...souonds like the father of a slow kid

Son is now a senior and I have a younger guy. Not even close. From MS to HS, big kids were still big, fast kids still fast, slow kids still slow. Were there changes, and some kids different? Sure. Biggest game changer, proper weight training. Speed comes from strength, not cones. Shutes and ladders will not get your son more agile or faster if his body does not have the muscle mass. Look at most sprinters and running backs. Very muscular. Skinny kids can also get very solid. Just my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets see my son played on same field right before this game. I stayed and watched the fisrt half and saw somne good LAX. Am I a BS artist? Plenty of people down at Farmingdale fields Sunday morning for the early games who stayed and watched this game. People on this board need to stop the negativity. These are just kids playing a game. BTW I know two kids on Turtles as well, nice kids as are their parents, no bragging from them ever.

e

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are wondering the same thing. Have the personal invites - so you can skip the Fl. tryouts - gone out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are wondering the same thing. Have the personal invites - so you can skip the Fl. tryouts - gone out?

Wasn't it suppose to be by oct 1? Wonder what the delay is....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is fl$ going to be better then what they were last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Jake Reed send out direct invites when the program can get 650 boys to come down to FL to "try-out" for a $550 fee? Oversubscribe the tryout, then send out direct invites. This way you guarantee a $355k payday. From what I understand, 60 invites per age group come from direct invited from Jake and 60 invites are from the 3D tryout...ingenius, yes....money grab, you decide...650 boys trying out for 60 spots...bring your A game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they are having a difficult time filling all the Florida slots, this will delay sending direct summer invites. They need to ensure their profits in florida before telling boys they do not need to come.

If you go on the 3d website application page it shows that every position still has open splots at the 2017 age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they are having a difficult time filling all the Florida slots, this will delay sending direct summer invites. They need to ensure their profits in florida before telling boys they do not need to come.

If you go on the 3d website application page it shows that every position still has open splots at the 2017 age group

Applications for 3d Blue Chip are way down - saw a 3d tweet where over 1000 had signed up - 5 regions, 120 per class, 4 classes = 2400 slots and I know there a few rising senior spots so it is probably closer to 2500 slots.

I would bet the 2018 is full, and then it declines from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Applications for 3d Blue Chip are way down - saw a 3d tweet where over 1000 had signed up - 5 regions, 120 per class, 4 classes = 2400 slots and I know there a few rising senior spots so it is probably closer to 2500 slots.

Jake Reed is a money grab and overrated. I got a bad taste when I recieved an email asking for 75$ to watch a highlight video! Are they for real? Many other high quality showcases out there noticing and commiting kids to top D1 programs. Maverick Showtime is a much better showcase if you can get an invite. I wonder who these magic 60 invites go to? Kids of well connected daddys, I assume!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jake Reed is a money grab and overrated. I got a bad taste when I recieved an email asking for 75$ to watch a highlight video! Are they for real? Many other high quality showcases out there noticing and commiting kids to top D1 programs. Maverick Showtime is a much better showcase if you can get an invite. I wonder who these magic 60 invites go to? Kids of well connected daddys, I assume!

Mommies not daddys when referencing a JR event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No direct invite for 2018 available... have to do Fla deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll bet there is a great representation from 3D kids, deserved or not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet there's alot more than 60 2017's waiting for their invite first, before they go the 3d route. If JR released the direct invites, then there will be a mad rush for 3d action. Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the story with 2017's that went to JR via 3d last year and the invite system? If they don't get direct invite this year is it true they can't go to 3d this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the story with 2017's that went to JR via 3d last year and the invite system? If they don't get direct invite this year is it true they can't go to 3d this year?

I think that if they went to 3d last year and didn't get invite to jr last year, then the only way to go this year is to go to 3d again and try to get that invite. But they will not get one direct this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definately not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have the Jake reed Nike Bluechip direct invites gone out yet?

Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard