BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 144 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true! Whenever my son is asked to play he never asks WHO is playing or how good they are, he usually just says sure! Naturally he want to play on a competetive team and wants to win games but mostly he enjoys playing and the camraderie that goes along with it. He has played on good teams and on some real stinkers but has made a lot friends and had a lot of fun and learned a lot along the way which is all that really matters.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So true! Whenever my son is asked to play he never asks WHO is playing or how good they are, he usually just says sure! Naturally he want to play on a competetive team and wants to win games but mostly he enjoys playing and the camraderie that goes along with it. He has played on good teams and on some real stinkers but has made a lot friends and had a lot of fun and learned a lot along the way which is all that really matters.

AMEN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree more. Travel teams also give you a choice of playing at different levels of competition. For example, if your son is not the best player in town, chances are he doesn't play much for his town team. There are travel teams that are geared more for the developing players. The only way to get better is to play.
Conversely, if your son in one of the better players, his development can be stalled playing for a town team if all the other players are not at his level. This type of player should play on the best possible team with players of similar ability. As was mentioned previously, the travel team concept also offers diversity of coaching, training and playing with and against players from other towns.
Name any sport (basketball, baseball, soccer etc..) The players who further develop their games do so playing on travel teams. Not to mention, kids who play on travel teams establish many more friendships than those that choose to stay home.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
91 is ready to paly

How can they be ready when they haven't picked their teams ? Don't they have the 2nd tryout this weekend for 2016 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxlives
91 is ready to paly

How can they be ready when they haven't picked their teams ? Don't they have the 2nd tryout this weekend for 2016 ?

2nd tryout is this coming weekend and decisions are supposed to be made early next week...someone know something they're not telling us??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is ready to paly

2nd tryout is this coming weekend and decisions are supposed to be made early next week...someone know something they're not telling us??

I doubt it. Sounds like a kid posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know if anyone in here was there last Saturday, the only reason for another tryout is just incase another elite couldn't make it the week before. Unless they are adding another team I would say they have picked the kids they need. The kids there last week were phenominal. I certainly could be wrong, just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the good kid went to the stampede

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know if anyone in here was there last Saturday, the only reason for another tryout is just incase another elite couldn't make it the week before. Unless they are adding another team I would say they have picked the kids they need. The kids there last week were phenominal. I certainly could be wrong, just my opinion.

Several kids made the teams last year who came from the 2nd tryout. I know there are several kids going this weekend who should make the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
91 is ready to paly

I doubt it. Sounds like a kid posting.

The person posted "91 is ready to play" and it sounded like they either knew something or they were trying to boast. Obviously the only people that know anything at this point are the directors. Did you get an e-mail telling you that your kid was on the team ? Any team for 91 ? I can tell you that they are trying to put a AA team together to play against the Express. By the way I am not a kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i`m on orange team
like i said the should beat most 6th grade teams

What's the matter your kid didn't make any team ??????

Obviously he didn't make any team (the bitterness is very apparent) ...but it doesn't matter... it all gets proved on THE FIELD not on the discussion board! The stupid part is that it's the parents that make such a big deal about who their kids play with... if you ask the kids, they'll just tell you that they want to PLAY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i`m on orange team
like i said the should beat most 6th grade teams

What's the matter your kid didn't make any team ??????

Obviously he didn't make any team (the bitterness is very apparent) ...but it doesn't matter... it all gets proved on THE FIELD not on the discussion board! The stupid part is that it's the parents that make such a big deal about who their kids play with... if you ask the kids, they'll just tell you that they want to PLAY

I knew it had to be a kid writing this.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Truth be told, our research tracing controversial posters indicates that all of our posts are coming from adults. BOTC defines adult to be someone 18 years or older ... your definition (and experience) might vary or expect more from an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Truth be told, our research tracing controversial posters indicates that all of our posts are coming from adults. BOTC defines adult to be someone 18 years or older ... your definition (and experience) might vary or expect more from an adult.

I am not an "IT" guy, but I wonder how your research tracing would indicate that the posts are coming from adults when most of these posts are from anonymous writers ? The bottom line is there is a lot of good talent on LI and we should all stop bad mouthing teams. No one ever said that the orange team (Cuda's) was an untalented team. I believe all of the posts were about how this team was handled in the recruitment process or how talented they were. The Lax Pro team is also very talented and obviously talented enough that they were thought to be the Cuda's. If the ("they could beat most 6th grade teams") poster wasn't a kid then I really feel bad for him !!!! Grow up !!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am not an "IT" guy, but I wonder how your research tracing would indicate that the posts are coming from adults when most of these posts are from anonymous writers ?
Let us worry about that. The question was asked; the question was answered. Let's just say that our BOTC forensics are "pretty good" - basically, students do not post from corporations at 10:00am in the morning or 1:00pm in the afternoon. We will leave the discussion there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a sad story, parents using corporate computers during work time to post about youth lax. i love lax, but grow up and get productive, you will be writing a check for your kids college like 99.9% of us, no matter what any director is telling you about your 13 yr old who matured before the majority of kids his age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how people try and bad mouth other teams, then when it's their turn to play them they get embarrassed by that team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outlaws are ready

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express 2016 white team looks good. goalies are the real deal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ready to cry?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outlaw for life
Ready to cry?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are the Long Island Express Barracuddas/Poachers staying together, or was it a one time deal? If the guys from Baltimore and DC put together a similar All-Star team poached from the top clubs, that team would destroy the Barracuddas/Poachers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any truth to the rumor that Express scheduled practice for both of their 2016 teams at the same time 91 was having tryouts the last two weekends so the boys couldnt try out for 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are the Long Island Express Barracuddas/Poachers staying together, or was it a one time deal? If the guys from Baltimore and DC put together a similar All-Star team poached from the top clubs, that team would destroy the Barracuddas/Poachers.

Cudas are done. They were two men's view of an allstar team. Not a true all star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cudas are done. They were two men's view of an allstar team. Not a true all star team.

they did pretty well in baltimore, so the two men must be good talent evaluators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you guys can not get over this team. For the record the barracudas of old are the 2016 orange they have even added a few more to make the team better. Now express second team has a lot of raiders kids and they also will be strong. Good luck to teams who take either team lightly. These teams will be playing tournaments in the fall go see for yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you guys can not get over this team. For the record the barracudas of old are the 2016 orange they have even added a few more to make the team better. Now express second team has a lot of raiders kids and they also will be strong. Good luck to teams who take either team lightly. These teams will be playing tournaments in the fall go see for yourself

I heard the 2016 Raiders were going else where. If it's true, it will make the remaining teams stronger and we should be seeing some excellent games at this age for the next year. BTW, how many kids from the summer 'cudas are on the express orange team?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the fall tournaments yet. Many of the boys play football so I don't think most of the teams will be at full strength until the winter or spring season starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you guys can not get over this team. For the record the barracudas of old are the 2016 orange they have even added a few more to make the team better.

Not true. Several of the boys are not going to be playing for the express. How any of the teams will do will be detemrined soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you guys can not get over this team. For the record the barracudas of old are the 2016 orange they have even added a few more to make the team better.

Not true. Several of the boys are not going to be playing for the express. How any of the teams will do will be detemrined soon enough.
we got Joe the attack log that all that counts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"attack log" ??? What's the secret meaning or is it a typo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumour that Coach Mcmanus Express Orange 2017 is out? If true wish I knew BEFORE I paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By this time everyone should know the deal with these travel teams. The better Teams for each organization are set except for a few spots. Certain players are recruited and told to "tryout" for the sake of appearing that the tryouts are legit. All other players "trying out" are there to fill the "lesser" teams that the organizations want to field. The "lesser" teams are known as the organizations "money makers". If you go in un-informed shame on you. These large organizations do not provide for the "lesser" teams as they do for their "elite" teams. If you dont like the way these teams do things don't complain, take your money and players to smaller organizations and build them up and compete. Turtles, barracudas, 91 whatever, get real. Good players get noticed flashy uniforms and the other nonesense is just that...Nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumour that Coach Mcmanus Express Orange 2017 is out? If true wish I knew BEFORE I paid.

I doubt he is out, the only thing I heard was for the 2017 teams is that there are now 2 "A Teams" not including the turtles and that they will not be using colors.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Totally agree that that Express 2017 age will have 3 very strong teams in that age. My buddy was at their tryouts for 2017 said talent pool was massive! I strongly DOUBT McManess is out. We know two separate families that are on McManess team this year and they been practicing already and are very happy.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was at the 2017 tryouts, talent was very impressive. If they want to have 2 or 3 very competative teams would not be a problem from the 170 plus kids that were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By this time everyone should know the deal with these travel teams. The better Teams for each organization are set except for a few spots. Certain players are recruited and told to "tryout" for the sake of appearing that the tryouts are legit. All other players "trying out" are there to fill the "lesser" teams that the organizations want to field. The "lesser" teams are known as the organizations "money makers". If you go in un-informed shame on you. These large organizations do not provide for the "lesser" teams as they do for their "elite" teams. If you dont like the way these teams do things don't complain, take your money and players to smaller organizations and build them up and compete. Turtles, barracudas, 91 whatever, get real. Good players get noticed flashy uniforms and the other nonesense is just that...Nonsense

my son was not recruited by the express and went to the tryout to see where he fits, this was his first time trying out for any team, nobody asked us to come and certainly no guarantees, he had a very strong tryout and was picked for the orange team - no complaints here, he is an OK player but certainly not an elite recruited player and we did not know any evaluators. so for at least one player is seemed pretty fair to us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you didn't read the previous posts. There are no "colors" or whatever they are called. Only time will tell if all of these A teams will be any good. Good luck and pay promptly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you didn't read the previous posts. There are no "colors" or whatever they are called. Only time will tell if all of these A teams will be any good. Good luck and pay promptly.

I guess you didn't read the previous post. There ARE colors according the e-mail we received saying congratulations on making the ORANGE team - and that really wasn't the point of the post,The point was it is possible to get a fair shot even an unknown player with no "connections"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son was invited to join one of the 2017 Teams and there were no colors attached to the invite.

Like Reply Quote
L
Lax Dad
Unregistered
Lax Dad
Unregistered
L
Looks like there will be two very strong teams at the 2017 Express age group (not counting the Turtles). The talent at the tryout was massive. I think they are actually making a third team as well, probably be a "B" team. To this point the teams dont have colors or a name asd yet, i think they are still trying to decide how to deal with that. In any event should be a great year for the LI Express 2017 age group.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 144 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard