BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why didn't you ask these q's at the meeting?

You know why he didn't ask the questions.... Because the HS coach controls everything. So people are intimidated. Ya know, cause the coach is all about the kids. Would never hold it against a kid for his parents asking such valid, pointed questions. Horrible situation except for a chosen few. Who's going to say anything? People, wake up! Don't give all this power to these HS coaches. Do what's best for your kids.

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening.

What's sickening is you. The travel scene isn't just all about D1 recruits.
Be proud and tell your kids someday? What are you living in Mayberry? This whole discussion is about opportunity for the kids. Not about some made up loyalty to a town or coach. have you seen the cost of college lately? Upwards of $55,000 a year. The kid who's not the D1 player needs exposure over the summer to try and get a spot at a school that has a D2-D3 program. If the boy has decent grades he can get $15-$20k in merit money. He will be pushed through admissions by the coach. If the financial need is there he may get another $10k for that. It's the difference for many kids between a public or private school education. The kid will not get the exposure he needs if one man is controlling how much he plays over the summer. It's all about the individual players opportunities. Let the HS coach control the spring. Let the kids and parents control the summer. Way too much at stake.
I guess this might me too much for you to understand, cause only your future Rabil should be playing, right. Wait till he gets to college and all the kids are as good or better than him. What goes around, comes around. You'll see.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, my friends kid went to a big lax HS, could not get on the field, was told he would not get on the field, went to travel and ended up with a D2 half ride. You going to look that kid in the eye and tell him he should have been happy never seeing the field and not getting to play in college ? How do you even justify that ?

You know why he didn't ask the questions.... Because the HS coach controls everything. So people are intimidated. Ya know, cause the coach is all about the kids. Would never hold it against a kid for his parents asking such valid, pointed questions. Horrible situation except for a chosen few. Who's going to say anything? People, wake up! Don't give all this power to these HS coaches. Do what's best for your kids.

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening.

Be proud and tell your kids someday? What are you living in Mayberry? This whole discussion is about opportunity for the kids. Not about some made up loyalty to a town or coach. have you seen the cost of college lately? Upwards of $55,000 a year. The kid who's not the D1 player needs exposure over the summer to try and get a spot at a school that has a D2-D3 program. If the boy has decent grades he can get $15-$20k in merit money. He will be pushed through admissions by the coach. If the financial need is there he may get another $10k for that. It's the difference for many kids between a public or private school education. The kid will not get the exposure he needs if one man is controlling how much he plays over the summer. It's all about the individual players opportunities. Let the HS coach control the spring. Let the kids and parents control the summer. Way too much at stake.
I guess this might me too much for you to understand, cause only your future Rabil should be playing, right. Wait till he gets to college and all the kids are as good or better than him. What goes around, comes around. You'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, my friends kid went to a big lax HS, could not get on the field, was told he would not get on the field, went to travel and ended up with a D2 half ride. You going to look that kid in the eye and tell him he should have been happy never seeing the field and not getting to play in college ? How do you even justify that ?

WOW! Somebody speaking on the topic whom seems to have some actual knowledge. (Not just another bitter, mediocre player's disgruntled folks wishing ill will toward all successful club players and enthusiasts). Refreshing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't tell me... I am the one who wrote the comment of "seriously"... I went to a competitive d1aa football program over a d1 program. I didn't play HS lax but played summers.. Not much has changed for those who were competitive... If you can't get on the field in HS... You think you deserve a spot in college... Oh wait you must have went to WM and politics prevented you playing... Still bitter.... Chillax

Depending on the grade concentrate on the grades....

WOW! Somebody speaking on the topic whom seems to have some actual knowledge. (Not just another bitter, mediocre player's disgruntled folks wishing ill will toward all successful club players and enthusiasts). Refreshing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 plus add 2 who went from a PG year to D1 to the 2012 total. Seems low for the # 1 H.S. team in the nation. I think they have had years of as many as eight. I don't see how you can compare to a top Express team that draws kids from numerous school districts.

Not really comparing, just was wondering how the odds of receiving one of these coveted scholarships differ among a competitive district based program vs a premier travel club. It would seem to me that a kid that is not getting a lot of playing time in his own district that makes a good travel team would be much better off there, if playing in college is important. Numbers don't lie!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 plus add 2 who went from a PG year to D1 to the 2012 total. Seems low for the # 1 H.S. team in the nation. I think they have had years of as many as eight. I don't see how you can compare to a top Express team that draws kids from numerous school districts.

Not really comparing, just was wondering how the odds of receiving one of these coveted scholarships differ among a competitive district based program vs a premier travel club. It would seem to me that a kid that is not getting a lot of playing time in his own district that makes a good travel team would be much better off there, if playing in college is important. Numbers don't lie!!
I was just giving D1 numbers. There are also D2 commits that get partial scholarships and many kids that wind up at D3 schools. I know of a top L.I. h.s. program where 2 yrs ago 19 seniors went to play college lacrosse at some level. Would be interesting to see how many actually play all through college, but that is probably subject of a new thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't tell me... I am the one who wrote the comment of "seriously"... I went to a competitive d1aa football program over a d1 program. I didn't play HS lax but played summers.. Not much has changed for those who were competitive... If you can't get on the field in HS... You think you deserve a spot in college... Oh wait you must have went to WM and politics prevented you playing... Still bitter.... Chillax

Depending on the grade concentrate on the grades...

Maybe, like I said, my friends kid couldn't get on the field in HS, lit it up on club ball and received a D2 half ride. Does that answer your question ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is WM/3V lax system is not ideal to help as many kids as they can get into next level. Whether it be DI, DII or DIII.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL's latest addition list the top Sophmores. Most of the top 10 cedit thier club teams in thier profiles (3D,Crabs,Express,Leading Edge, Mesa Fresh). Most are in public schools. School Coaches should embrace this. It's a value that is not going away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL's latest addition list the top Sophmores. Most of the top 10 cedit thier club teams in thier profiles (3D,Crabs,Express,Leading Edge, Mesa Fresh). Most are in public schools. School Coaches should embrace this. It's a value that is not going away.

Actually, most of the top ten and others from list are in private prep schools, most are also a year older than the typical sophmore. Hardly any kids at all from LI. 2 from express one from team LI and and 2 from 91. 2 others I'm not sure about. Only one kid from LI in top 20. 60 boys featured in total. To make this list you need to be amazing AND be well connected. Playing school and club also seems to be part of the formula. All these kids are either commtted or about to be to great D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, most of the top ten and others from list are in private prep schools, most are also a year older than the typical sophmore. Hardly any kids at all from LI. 2 from express one from team LI and and 2 from 91. 2 others I'm not sure about. Only one kid from LI in top 20. 60 boys featured in total. To make this list you need to be amazing AND be well connected. Playing school and club also seems to be part of the formula. All these kids are either commtted or about to be to great D1 programs.

Not to open the dreaded age debate yet again, but prep school, year older, not from LI. See a trend here? What other evidence do we need to understand what's happening here. Our kids are getting the shaft big time. We need to start demanding that all tournaments and showcases start going by age, with birth certificate proof. That extra year, and in some cases 18 months, of physical maturity has nothing to do with anything right? Once again, take a look at your current average 16 yo sophomore, now drop that kid into 9th grade. That's all I'll say. Ridiculous advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to open the dreaded age debate yet again, but prep school, year older, not from LI. See a trend here? What other evidence do we need to understand what's happening here. Our kids are getting the shaft big time. We need to start demanding that all tournaments and showcases start going by age, with birth certificate proof. That extra year, and in some cases 18 months, of physical maturity has nothing to do with anything right? Once again, take a look at your current average 16 yo sophomore, now drop that kid into 9th grade. That's all I'll say. Ridiculous advantage.

Only problem is that recruiting goes by graduating year. So those who manipulate that (prep school brats) will always put the rest of us regulars folk at a disavantage. What is that saying, "the rich get richer"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Only problem is that recruiting goes by graduating year. So those who manipulate that (prep school brats) will always put the rest of us regulars folk at a disavantage. What is that saying, "the rich get richer"
BOTC is tired of reading this "graduation year" recruiting argument which is always followed by the "we are at a disadvantage" discourse.

Stop with the recruiting by class and go to the age-based system as prescribed by US Lacrosse. Again, as BOTC shared several weeks back, US Lacrosse firmly stands behind their U-age system. Grade and class based tournaments will be on the decrease as US Lacrosse "grows a pair" and starts putting some teeth into their recommendations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is tired of reading this "graduation year" recruiting argument which is always followed by the "we are at a disadvantage" discourse.

Stop with the recruiting by class and go to the age-based system as prescribed by US Lacrosse. Again, as BOTC shared several weeks back, US Lacrosse firmly stands behind their U-age system. Grade and class based tournaments will be on the decrease as US Lacrosse "grows a pair" and starts putting some teeth into their recommendations.

just imagine ty xanders tweets if that ever happens - U15 attackman verbally committed to Virginia call of U23

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I for one would be thrilled if that actually happened! My son who is in tenth grade is just going through the recruiting process. All recruiting is going by graduating year. Thats how the colleges are telling us the determine the needs of the team. For example, they say if they pick one 2016 goalie they are not likely to pick another from that graduating year. They could care less weather the sophmore is 14 or 17. It is really not fair, but I guess that's life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I for one would be thrilled if that actually happened! My son who is in tenth grade is just going through the recruiting process. All recruiting is going by graduating year. Thats how the colleges are telling us the determine the needs of the team. For example, they say if they pick one 2016 goalie they are not likely to pick another from that graduating year. They could care less weather the sophmore is 14 or 17. It is really not fair, but I guess that's life!

The college coaches are all to happy to have 19 and 20 yo freshman coming into their programs. Whole deal is a sham.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage,

Do you know if US Lacrosse is considering going to a single year U system?

U9, U10, U11, U12 etc.. would make more sense to me. The Current U9, U11, U13 two year system is not healthy at the younger ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just imagine ty xanders tweets if that ever happens - U15 attackman verbally committed to Virginia call of U23

Ty Xanders makes the list, he is from one of the hotbeds private schools in MD (St. Pauls), of course he favors the prep school elite

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage,

U9, U10, U11, U12 etc.. would make more sense to me. The Current U9, U11, U13 two year system is not healthy at the younger ages.
Funny that you should mention this topic as BOTC brought this very subject to the table in our discussions last month. US Lacrosse believes that single year age groups would certainly work on Long Island and across most of the East Coast. Unfortunately in areas where the game is still growing, there are many clubs that have an insufficient number of players to move to a single year structure.

The double year brackets are designed to cater to the National audience of Youth Lacrosse and will not be changing within the next 12 months. US Lacrosse did say however that the New [lacrosse] area should be proactive in moving to the single year U-age structure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage,

Funny that you should mention this topic as BOTC brought this very subject to the table in our discussions last month. US Lacrosse believes that single year age groups would certainly work on Long Island and across most of the East Coast. Unfortunately in areas where the game is still growing, there are many clubs that have an insufficient number of players to move to a single year structure.

The double year brackets are designed to cater to the National audience of Youth Lacrosse and will not be changing within the next 12 months. US Lacrosse did say however that the New [lacrosse] area should be proactive in moving to the single year U-age structure.

Will never happen! But in a perfect world.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on in Syosset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean?

he said some bad things about the other guy, the other guy said some bad things about him, everybody got all like oh no this is a bummer and then everybody wrote letters that nobody cares about then they had a board meeting that everybody went to but nobody said anything at an the team might not get 4th and 5th helmets this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is going on in Port Washington?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is that who ever you are, you know exactly what is going on and you are trying to start a public conversation about it, why don't you tell us what is going on in Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean?

he said some bad things about the other guy, the other guy said some bad things about him, everybody got all like oh no this is a bummer and then everybody wrote letters that nobody cares about then they had a board meeting that everybody went to but nobody said anything at an the team might not get 4th and 5th helmets this year

Hahaha perfectly accurate recap and one of the funniest posts I've seen on here . Wish I knew who u were bc u made my day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is that who ever you are, you know exactly what is going on and you are trying to start a public conversation about it, why don't you tell us what is going on in Syosset

Whats going on in Smithtown is they created a separate east and west "all-star" team for 6th and 7th graders. Only problem is, they are not all stars! Would have been better off with 1 combined all-star team if they plan on winning anything!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats going on in Smithtown is they created a separate east and west "all-star" team for 6th and 7th graders. Only problem is, they are not all stars! Would have been better off with 1 combined all-star team if they plan on winning anything!

Ummmmmm what??? Guess it's all about u or else someone needs glasses.... Bizarre

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your guess is incorrect. I do not have any details, that is why I asked the question.
This thread is titled "Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town". I did not start the topic but it does concern me and my children. I believe there is a conflict and I do not think that it should be permitted.

It should be a "public" conversation, there should be transparency and if there is any impropriety it should be exposed and dealt with.

Since you are in the business of guessing, I will join you.

My guess is that if the HS coach did not profit from Summer / Club teams or camps there would be absolutely "no conflict'. Parents would still complain that their kid is getting a raw deal but at least there would be no conflict of interest to point at.

If there is an issue it should be made public, it should not be swept under the rug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your guess is incorrect. I do not have any details, that is why I asked the question.
This thread is titled "Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town". I did not start the topic but it does concern me and my children. I believe there is a conflict and I do not think that it should be permitted.

It should be a "public" conversation, there should be transparency and if there is any impropriety it should be exposed and dealt with.

My guess is that if the HS coach did not profit from Summer / Club teams or camps there would be absolutely "no conflict'. Parents would still complain that their kid is getting a raw deal but at least there would be no conflict of interest to point at.

If there is an issue it should be made public, it should not be swept under the rug.

Man up and ask your question tonight in person 7pm A-1, this topic is about summer teams and conflicts, very weird that you claim to no nothing about the Syosset situation yet you bring up "camp" when it is supposed to be about summer "teams" and still claim to know nothing, you are a pot stirrer. kids need to become a quality player and it will all work out without mommy and daddy crying on BOTC and become a quality parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

when the system works for you it is OK but when it does not work for you it must be getting swept under the rug. Imagine if you spent years paying an assistant varsity coach to coach your sons town travel team and then just when you need him to help your kids he leaves and goes to coach another school and all that money and all that brown nosing was totally wasted and you get no ROI,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

when the system works for you it is OK but when it does not work for you it must be getting swept under the rug. Imagine if you spent years paying an assistant varsity coach to coach your sons town travel team and then just when you need him to help your kids he leaves and goes to coach another school and all that money and all that brown nosing was totally wasted and you get no ROI,

Thank you, at least someone else gets it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man up and ask your question tonight in person 7pm A-1, this topic is about summer teams and conflicts, very weird that you claim to no nothing about the Syosset situation yet you bring up "camp" when it is supposed to be about summer "teams" and still claim to know nothing, you are a pot stirrer. kids need to become a quality player and it will all work out without mommy and daddy crying on BOTC and become a quality parent.

I said I have no details. I know there is an issue. I do not live in Syosset but we also have a conflict in my town. I was told by two people that there was a situation in Syosset. Neither went into any detail other than to say that there was a problem. Why do you want to hide the situation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is claiming that the head coach for Syosset is an asst. coach for their 6th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is claiming that the head coach for Syosset is an asst. coach for their 6th grade team.

His son's in 6th grade and his pics are on their website, from the mini stick meet & greet!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what is the issue. Seems as if Legacy has tapped into many LI HS coaching staffs.

I think that gives their players an advantage being coached by a HS coach.

What is the issue? Are you going to claim impropriety/conflict of interest hence the title of this? get over yourself did your kid tryout if not why stir the pot. How many Syosett kids on that coaches team. Why are you limiting the man from earning some extra $$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only issue that should be made public is that the man works extremely hard , cares about all these kids and gives up so much of his personal time that it's mind boggling. Why shouldn't he be compensated for his work. Would any one of you ever work that hard and give up so much time for free?? What he makes off of the camp and summer teams is highly deserved and then some. If you are not high school level yet then you will see all the free time and energy that he gives to these kids between recruiting help, mentoring, getting involved in making sure their grades come first and just overall caring attitude he has toward his players and their families. Other varsity coaches DO NOT do this people , the weaker lacrosse towns in our area like Hicksville have coaches that show up when they are supposed to and do the bare minimum for their kids. This is what separates our strong successful Syosset program from the others. Our coach along with very involved parents contribute to the years of Syosset victories on the field as well as in the classroom. Our sons have attended his camp every year since they were eligible and have enjoyed it more than any camp they've ever attended bc of the hard work that coach and his wife put into making it successful and fun for the kids. They begin working on planning for the following years camp not long after July has ended. This is a year round commitment for them and they deserve every penny. As for the parents whining that since they don't attend that their kids don't get moved up, none of my sons were ever moved up earlier than their age allowed. The coach is who decides this for a variety of reasons and sometimes for something as simple as players size and maturity and not being able to handle it physically or mentally and for their own safety, not just based on lacrosse ability. I'd rather my kid not be in a position that he can't handle. My ego should be the least factored into this equation. Step back and think about your kid and not yourself, their time will come . Most kids who attended the camp all those years with my kids also weren't moved up and many who never attended were. It's not a conspiracy , be realistic and get over yourself and stop making excuses that can cost a hardworking man a portion of his well earned livelihood. And think of the disappointment of the kids who look forward to this great Syosset community's kick off to summer tradition of attending camp in their community surrounded by much of their friends , neighbors, family and the memories they take away as well as what they learn for the week. I know my kids have great memories of their many years spent here with never a thought of this being a power play for the future and what it will do for them.
One last thought, if this is to be considered a conflict of interest than the next step is to stop all Syosset teachers from tutoring within the district and making money off of their students on the side . Same argument , but by taking these two things away the people your hurting most is the kids and that's the biggest shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only issue that should be made public is that the man works extremely hard , cares about all these kids and gives up so much of his personal time that it's mind boggling. Why shouldn't he be compensated for his work. Would any one of you ever work that hard and give up so much time for free?? What he makes off of the camp and summer teams is highly deserved and then some. If you are not high school level yet then you will see all the free time and energy that he gives to these kids between recruiting help, mentoring, getting involved in making sure their grades come first and just overall caring attitude he has toward his players and their families. Other varsity coaches DO NOT do this people , the weaker lacrosse towns in our area like Hicksville have coaches that show up when they are supposed to and do the bare minimum for their kids. This is what separates our strong successful Syosset program from the others. Our coach along with very involved parents contribute to the years of Syosset victories on the field as well as in the classroom. Our sons have attended his camp every year since they were eligible and have enjoyed it more than any camp they've ever attended bc of the hard work that coach and his wife put into making it successful and fun for the kids. They begin working on planning for the following years camp not long after July has ended. This is a year round commitment for them and they deserve every penny. As for the parents whining that since they don't attend that their kids don't get moved up, none of my sons were ever moved up earlier than their age allowed. The coach is who decides this for a variety of reasons and sometimes for something as simple as players size and maturity and not being able to handle it physically or mentally and for their own safety, not just based on lacrosse ability. I'd rather my kid not be in a position that he can't handle. My ego should be the least factored into this equation. Step back and think about your kid and not yourself, their time will come . Most kids who attended the camp all those years with my kids also weren't moved up and many who never attended were. It's not a conspiracy , be realistic and get over yourself and stop making excuses that can cost a hardworking man a portion of his well earned livelihood. And think of the disappointment of the kids who look forward to this great Syosset community's kick off to summer tradition of attending camp in their community surrounded by much of their friends , neighbors, family and the memories they take away as well as what they learn for the week. I know my kids have great memories of their many years spent here with never a thought of this being a power play for the future and what it will do for them.
One last thought, if this is to be considered a conflict of interest than the next step is to stop all Syosset teachers from tutoring within the district and making money off of their students on the side . Same argument , but by taking these two things away the people your hurting most is the kids and that's the biggest shame.

JC has probably sacrificed more of his own time than anyone on here, and tons of it on a volunteer, or for-cost basis. Yes, he should be able to make some money, in return for some of the services he's providing, like the summer camps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When teacher finds a student is seeing a different tutor and bars the student from their class then it will be the same. When they hand out "playing time" inside of classrooms it will be the same. I dont know this guy from Adam but theres a conflict in these situations. Players feel unduly pressured to play for their HS coach in fear that their playing time or chances on teh school team will be hurt if they dont . but yes, teachers who tutor their own students often show favoritism to those students

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard