BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very excited about the Express Orange Team this year. The core of the team is very strong and athletic . The rest of the team really understand their roles and do them well. This team can play at a very high speed. It took MC a while to find the right mix of kids, but he definitely has it. Several of these kids will be starting on good varsity teams this year.

Right mix of kids? You can tell this already? Wow, you must be some lax guru! Can you coach my kid? I'm so jealous

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has all the maverick showtime invitations went out for 2017's?
got mine about 3 weeks ago, but more might go out if kids don't register.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very excited about the Express Orange Team this year. The core of the team is very strong and athletic . The rest of the team really understand their roles and do them well. This team can play at a very high speed. It took MC a while to find the right mix of kids, but he definitely has it. Several of these kids will be starting on good varsity teams this year.

Right mix of kids? You can tell this already? Wow, you must be some lax guru! Can you coach my kid? I'm so jealous

My favorite part of the post is "The core of the team is very strong and athletic . The rest of the team really understand their roles and do them well." You know this from what, one practice? And what are the "roles" of the "non core" players? Maybe they carry your son's bag and wash your car in the parking lot? Jackwagon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's right keep giving express your MONEY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My favorite part of the post is "The core of the team is very strong and athletic . The rest of the team really understand their roles and do them well." You know this from what, one practice? And what are the "roles" of the "non core" players? Maybe they carry your son's bag and wash your car in the parking lot? Jackwagon.

Real simple to tell who the stronger players in 2017 on LI are, these are H.S. freshman. Just look at the ones getting invites to the better showcases and already on the map with several colleges. You don't NEED one practice to see that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I agree with the post, the athletic kids create turnovrs,push the ball and have great lax IQ and the Role Players jobs are to score lots of easy goals off transition which they do very well. That is the whole set up of the team and why they win. My kid is one of the Role Players and gets 2-3 goals a game and is pleased as punch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real simple to tell who the stronger players in 2017 on LI are, these are H.S. freshman. Just look at the ones getting invites to the better showcases and already on the map with several colleges. You don't NEED one practice to see that.

75 percent of whom are older kids who were held back or repeating grades! Take a closer look you're going to be really surprised on what you find.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st 2017 commit to UNC. NOT a Turtle, guess that settles that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha, correct!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team is he from? 91 or turtles?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which high school/club team/position?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to him. awesome player. Well desrved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which high school/club team/position?

Bronxville H.S./Express Orange (team was called terps black)/middie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express player...... Go NY! last year first was to Virginia from MD prep school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great player...but a true 15 going on 16 yrs old.

Had to happen as predicted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually; you could be a little wrong....two unpublished commits prior to this. As of last week.

So that was NOT settled. Not by a long shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the first commit from LI last year (2016) anyone know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually; you could be a little wrong....two unpublished commits prior to this. As of last week.

More turtle lies. Cant except that a non turtle BUT terps black player has committed first? Grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More turtle lies. Cant except that a non turtle BUT terps black player has committed first? Grow up.

who cares? how do the turtles get pulled into all these conversations? If your going to be the first commit to announce I hope you have thick enough skin to deal with all the criticism it comes with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be no criticism, only congratulations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's accept not except. Maybe you should consider educating yourself before the masses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every one who knows this kid knows that he is one of the hardest workers on the Island lacrosse scene. Congrats to him , it is actually nice to see a kid who plays within a team concept getting recognized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree kudos are well earned and it is great he is from Long Island and Not Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? how do the turtles get pulled into all these conversations? If your going to be the first commit to announce I hope you have thick enough skin to deal with all the criticism it comes with.

Stated by a turtle parent in a past post that they would be the first to commit, that's who seems to care the most, I just thought it was ironic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Older player for the year. No surprise. Bronxville HS. Which likely means his family can pay for whatever school took him early (perhaps an ivy, but if it is a non-ivy school that grants athletic scholarships then they probably did not have to use any of it for this player).

Hey, good for them. I don't really like how the system works in favor of kids who are held back, but this is the system and it isn't changing. I hope he makes the most out of this opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to him, very good player. But what about all the whinning from LI Express parents about playing against older kids. A 2017 who is almost 16? Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree kudos are well earned and it is great he is from Long Island and Not Maryland.

I'm sorry, is Bronxville on Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a westchester kid. LI crazies need to understand its not all about them. Look at 2015 and 2014 college commits on the PrimeTime website or the Westchester Predators site. Wish this amazing kid played club in Westchester so all the LI folks wouldn't try to claim his as their own!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the first commit from LI last year (2016) anyone know?

I believe it was a Smithtown east kid who plays for Team LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a westchester kid. LI crazies need to understand its not all about them. Look at 2015 and 2014 college commits on the PrimeTime website or the Westchester Predators site. Wish this amazing kid played club in Westchester so all the LI folks wouldn't try to claim his as their own!

wonder why this kid plays for a LI club when he has Pedators and Primetime? Seems strange, unless we agree that Express is a surperior program, and worth the 2 hr+ commute. He may be "from" bronxville but trained on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could wish all you want it isn't happening! There its a reason he DIDNT PLAY where you reside. Do you even realize how long this player has played for Long Island Express? He and his family have been very committed folks commuting back and fourth from Bronxville to LI for years!

And there are many more Long Island 2017's that will commit sooner rather than later because of the talent level here with the top 4 or 5 from each top team here (Express Orange, Turtles, 91 and fl$) it will be exciting to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wonder why this kid plays for a LI club when he has Pedators and Primetime? Seems strange, unless we agree that Express is a surperior program, and worth the 2 hr+ commute. He may be "from" bronxville but trained on LI.

Exactly. And isn't he a Terp Black now ORANGE player? Haven't several of you called his team a "B team" over the past year or so on this board? Many more to come from this talented motivated group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I agree with the post, the athletic kids create turnovrs,push the ball and have great lax IQ and the Role Players jobs are to score lots of easy goals off transition which they do very well. That is the whole set up of the team and why they win. My kid is one of the Role Players and gets 2-3 goals a game and is pleased as punch.

So how many games have they played since tryouts ended?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to him, very good player. But what about all the whinning from LI Express parents about playing against older kids. A 2017 who is almost 16? Please.

You need to get over the fact that for many different reasons kids repeat a year. And in the case of 2017's many of those that are referred to as being "old" doesn't necessarily mean they are almost turning 16! In fact, many started high school as 14 and still are 14 and have until Nov 30 to turn 15 to be technically considered repeaters in the state of NY. But besides that, do yourself a favor and check out some top top lax schools and the ages of their freshman - you can find them in their bios. Yea, yea, I know, not fair. But seriously, stop the whining. It's getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. And isn't he a Terp Black now ORANGE player? Haven't several of you called his team a "B team" over the past year or so on this board? Many more to come from this talented motivated group.

As a player, I like playing with him because he passes me the ball a lot and makes me look good. I am so happy for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the kid is not almost 16, and he is one of the smaller players on the team. He worked his butt off for years. You can't get the kind of stick or athleticism this kid has just through maturation. Also all the kids like playing with him because he distributes the ball and does the dirty work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to get over the fact that for many different reasons kids repeat a year. And in the case of 2017's many of those that are referred to as being "old" doesn't necessarily mean they are almost turning 16! In fact, many started high school as 14 and still are 14 and have until Nov 30 to turn 15 to be technically considered repeaters in the state of NY. But besides that, do yourself a favor and check out some top top lax schools and the ages of their freshman - you can find them in their bios. Yea, yea, I know, not fair. But seriously, stop the whining. It's getting old.

I dont think its whining, I think its a fact. The fact is the kid is 15 going on 16. Doesnt take away the fact that hes a good player and deserves to be where he is, but he is an older kid for the age group and by rights should be playing at the 2016 age group where he belongs. He was held back specifically for athletic and academic reasons, plain and simple. Congratulations to him and I wish him luck, the kid is a good player and a hard worker. A lot of kids are entering college at 19 now, so it seems to be the growing trend. Hold backs, repeat years and PG years are almost mandatory now if you want your kid to play at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you people get it? Colleges don't care how old the kid is. It goes strictly by graduating year, yes it puts some kids who are the traditional age for their grade a disadvantage. But the older kids are NOT breaking any rules. It was their parents choice for whatever reason, you could have done it too, so stop crying and man up. The prep school model has it all well planned and executed, thats why roughly 80%+ of top 20 D1 rosters are made up of prep school kids! Most "regular" kids have many more obstacles to over come than most of us first timers ever thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think its whining, I think its a fact. The fact is the kid is 15 going on 16. Doesnt take away the fact that hes a good player and deserves to be where he is, but he is an older kid for the age group and by rights should be playing at the 2016 age group where he belongs. He was held back specifically for athletic and academic reasons, plain and simple. Congratulations to him and I wish him luck, the kid is a good player and a hard worker. A lot of kids are entering college at 19 now, so it seems to be the growing trend. Hold backs, repeat years and PG years are almost mandatory now if you want your kid to play at the next level.
Thanks. This was my point above that the guy tried to blow off and said stop whinning. This kid deserves it by all accounts. I agree with the above and my point was that LI Express parents on here have repeatedly whinned about playing/losing to Maryland-based teams that only have older kids. This kid fits into that category plain and simple.

Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard