BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are way wrong. My son played for Legacy last season and was cut this year. As were a bunch of other Legacy kids. My son is crushed. If they kept 8 total Legacy kids from last year on both teams combined that would be a lot. I think the 2 2021 teams they have are both going into A brackets from what I am told. They decided to not have a 3rd team at the 2021 level for whatever reason. There were at least 6 kids that I know that are real good players that got cut. It stinks!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"No existing players were sent off" from where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are way wrong. My son played for Legacy last season and was cut this year. As were a bunch of other Legacy kids. My son is crushed. If they kept 8 total Legacy kids from last year on both teams combined that would be a lot. I think the 2 2021 teams they have are both going into A brackets from what I am told. They decided to not have a 3rd team at the 2021 level for whatever reason. There were at least 6 kids that I know that are real good players that got cut. It stinks!!

Sorry to hear that...take a look at the top of this page though - there are some other teams holding 2021 tryouts this weekend. Maybe those 6 kids can still find a good home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry fir your child but how did you find out he was cut since no rosters were posted? Are you just assuming that since you were not called yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a class act inside and out..They posted the Pinny numbers used at the tryout so you don't have to waist hours and hours calling people...just post the numbers and your done..

Zummo has literally been calling families and kids day and night. I know him personally and know that he is calling families for 4-5 hours everyday. He's one person who 500 people want to talk to. Also, his phone is ringing off the hook every 2 seconds with parents called to say thank you, complain, [lacrosse], ask for help etc. Cut him some slack. The guy is working 24/7 to reach out to everyone he can. I don't hear anyone from 91 or Express doing this and they never will.

Agree, 91 is a horror show

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy only KEPT 6 or so players. It's about 14 that need to find a new team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon, Millon, DUne Dawgs still have tryouts as well as Recon and Jetsers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear that...take a look at the top of this page though - there are some other teams holding 2021 tryouts this weekend. Maybe those 6 kids can still find a good home.

I'm another former Legacy parent. My understanding is they only kept 6 Legacy kids. So it's the rest of the team (about 15 boys?) that need to find a new team at this late date in the try-out season. Very sad for the kids and for the families who thought it was a great first season and thought we'd grow with this new organization or at least get another year with them after going in blind last year. Guess it is what it is. Just left a bad taste with me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Letter on legacylacrosseli.com website re. Tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy only KEPT 6 or so players. It's about 14 that need to find a new team!

Hard to believe. that means Zummo put together a team last year, coached them for a year and the result was 70% of them couldnt make his B team ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Varsity players receive calls and/or email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my Son made Varsity A Tommy called about 4:30 today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm another former Legacy parent. My understanding is they only kept 6 Legacy kids. So it's the rest of the team (about 15 boys?) that need to find a new team at this late date in the try-out season. Very sad for the kids and for the families who thought it was a great first season and thought we'd grow with this new organization or at least get another year with them after going in blind last year. Guess it is what it is. Just left a bad taste with me.

Two other people said 14 legacy kids were offered spots on A and B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two other people said 14 legacy kids were offered spots on A and B

in my opinion - lotsa palm pressing and promises were made to go from one team to this in a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that they have at least 6 old legacy people on the AA team and a few on the other team. (2021) The tryouts were fair! They had over 60 kids for this age group and unfortunetly some of the kids did not make the team. You should never put all of your eggs in one basket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that they have at least 6 old legacy people on the AA team and a few on the other team. (2021) The tryouts were fair! They had over 60 kids for this age group and unfortunetly some of the kids did not make the team. You should never put all of your eggs in one basket.

Go tryout for ICON going to be a great program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember last year everyone was claiming legacy 2021 team was an "A" team.We know how that turned out. It is premature to call any team an "A" or "AA" team until after the summer season starts. This year I have seen on BOTC many posts claiming teams are now "A" not only from legacy but also the Jesters and the Outlaws too. The only 2021 teams that can at this point claim to be an "A" or even "AA" team are those that had that status and played in the "A" division this past summer. These teams are in no order Igloo, 91, Team Long Island, Express, ICON (only because they have most of the Turf Island kids)and maybe the Wild Katz. Some of these "A" teams may have lost players and are no longer "A" and other teams that are not posting probably feel they got a lot better. Point is wait until play starts and see if your team plays "A" and see how they do before you call teams an "A" team. I hope there are more "A" teams and I hope these teams do make it to that status. We need more "A" teams here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said....Those teams you mentioned are legitimate A teams, maybe with the exception of Wildkatz who are a B team. Notice how NONE of those teams are posting anything in regard to how good they are...Careful what you wish for Legacy.....These teams will "smacked you in the mouth" come game day. Lets see what we have before we start declaring how good we are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said....Those teams you mentioned are legitimate A teams, maybe with the exception of Wildkatz who are a B team. Notice how NONE of those teams are posting anything in regard to how good they are...Careful what you wish for Legacy.....These teams will "smacked you in the mouth" come game day. Lets see what we have before we start declaring how good we are?

Their certainly will be a bullseye on the So called "AA" team in 2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be many teams looking forward to play the 2020 and 2021 Legacy teams.
These have been the age groups with a ridiculous amount of self-promoting hype for this new group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be many teams looking forward to play the 2020 and 2021 Legacy teams.
These have been the age groups with a ridiculous amount of self-promoting hype for this new group.

How will the Legacy 2020 AA team stack up against 91 Crush and Express Terps? That will determine if they are a AA team. Actions speak louder than words.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should all keep paying $75 to $100 tryout fees. I would love read a thank you note from Legacy for the $75 contribution to assist in keeping the tuition at $1,300. There is a lot of talk on the soccer fields and LIRR platforms that CERTAIN teams did not ADD any new faces. There were no cuts, just filling vacancies left by players that moved up. Think about it - you are the riptide coach of a team for a few years, doing well, getting your kids to play a certain way and then you are told your team will be blown up? Coaches egos would not allow it. And as far as the number or Express and 91 kids at the tryouts --- Legacy is local for the towns of Islip and Babylon, Express and 91 practice in Nassau - a hike at rush hour during the week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see Legacy 2021 being an "A" team. Reading above post they had 60 kids at the 2021 tryouts. If 40 of those kids came from Riptide and legacy (both B teams last year) and the tryouts were after Igloo, Express, 91 and others who I know took "A" players, there could not be that many "A" players left for legacy. Add to the mix the terible location of the practices I don't see how they could have attracted enough great players to compete as an "A" or "AA" team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see Legacy 2021 being an "A" team. Reading above post they had 60 kids at the 2021 tryouts. If 40 of those kids came from Riptide and legacy (both B teams last year) and the tryouts were after Igloo, Express, 91 and others who I know took "A" players, there could not be that many "A" players left for legacy. Add to the mix the terible location of the practices I don't see how they could have attracted enough great players to compete as an "A" or "AA" team.

I disagree but not because I am a LL ( legacy Lemming) Both the original Legacy and Riptide teams had about 5 A players each. ALong with Zummos 91 ties and a disastrous run 2012 Expres team there where another 4 to 6 players of A caliber around. People In SUffolk don't want to travel to play for Igloo. So they will have a legit A team, good enough to beat the 91, Igloo or TEam Long Island ? Maybe a reach, but they will be competitive with them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will beat crush this year and express terps will beat legacy at 2020. But should be a decent game. Can't anyone be happy that there will be another good team around. Don't we want good competition? Or is the idea to just have 2 teams beat everyone by 20 goals? You people are NUTS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will beat crush this year and express terps will beat legacy at 2020. But should be a decent game. Can't anyone be happy that there will be another good team around. Don't we want good competition? Or is the idea to just have 2 teams beat everyone by 20 goals? You people are NUTS

You already know that Express vs. Legacy should be a decent game, and these other people are nuts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jk wishful thinking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jk wishful thinking

What does Jk mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should all keep paying $75 to $100 tryout fees. I would love read a thank you note from Legacy for the $75 contribution to assist in keeping the tuition at $1,300. There is a lot of talk on the soccer fields and LIRR platforms that CERTAIN teams did not ADD any new faces. There were no cuts, just filling vacancies left by players that moved up. Think about it - you are the riptide coach of a team for a few years, doing well, getting your kids to play a certain way and then you are told your team will be blown up? Coaches egos would not allow it. And as far as the number or Express and 91 kids at the tryouts --- Legacy is local for the towns of Islip and Babylon, Express and 91 practice in Nassau - a hike at rush hour during the week.

the fix was in and I believe they owe me $75 !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree...no dog in this hunt...BUT...My son was promised a spot on the 2018 A team and he didn't even have to attend the tryout. We were already committed, so we did not accept. But this goes on everywhere...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree...no dog in this hunt...BUT...My son was promised a spot on the 2018 A team and he didn't even have to attend the tryout. We were already committed, so we did not accept. But this goes on everywhere...

That is very disappointing - if that's the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very disappointing - if that's the case.

OMG another faceless and nameless critic or lets say claim. This is confirmed by who. Did you know I am the greatest lacrosse player in the world. Its true because I said so. If your case is true would you really think your son is the first to have had a spot reserved for him on a team. Look over at 91 and Express it happens all the time. Promises of positions are made just to keep a player from going to another organization and then bamm your on the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy teams playing in Halloween Havoc, will be interesting to see how they perform! Can't wait!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they even had a practice.... Oh Boy!

Legacy teams playing in Halloween Havoc, will be interesting to see how they perform! Can't wait!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they even had a practice.... Oh Boy!

Yes they have, guess your a hater of 11 year olds to make a comment like that ....Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You what's hysterical?! The Legacy 2019 team calling themselves a AA team. They've not ever played a game together and they are a AA team. This is a dorm Riptide team is it not? They couldn't win in the B division last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You what's hysterical?! The Legacy 2019 team calling themselves a AA team. They've not ever played a game together and they are a AA team. This is a dorm Riptide team is it not? They couldn't win in the B division last year.

What is wrong with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can all agree AA is not a label any new team should have, especially without practicing (have they even practiced), but from what I've heard, I wouldn't call it last years team either. Let's see how this weekend goes. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better than never playing together and going in a "B" bracket for the win.

the Legacy team in the B bracket has a great shot of doing well. 2 big changes different coach & new goalie to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard