BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the 5th grade coaches? Good, bad or indifferent. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good. Bios are on the website. The entire coaching staff seems to be very solid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phone calls are going out now for Legacy 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams at the 2018 age group. And which one if there is more than one will be the A team. Decisions need to be made by Friday. Appreciate if a Legacy person answers this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many teams at the 2018 age group. And which one if there is more than one will be the A team. Decisions need to be made by Friday. Appreciate if a Legacy person answers this.

They already said an A and B at 2018.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2018 A coaches are Keith Scheidel and Pat Sullivan and there will also be a B team coached by Kevin Travis and Jeremy Smith

Emails for 2018 heading out shortly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LegacyLacrosse
2018 A coaches are Keith Scheidel and Pat Sullivan and there will also be a B team coached by Kevin Travis and Jeremy Smith

2022 going out soon too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did 2019 invites go out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Nothing yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received invite for 2020 team taz. May be the best youth coaching staff I have seen. Tommy Zummo, Chris Fiore ( former teewarton finalist) and John Calabria ( Syosset Head varsity lacrosse coach) not bad for a bunch of 11 year olds.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did 2019 invites go out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the 2021 teams yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 who is a team who is b team ? Is the b team coach the same as last year, is this really still riptide plus a few new boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is Torture!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Nothing yet

did anything go out for 2018 last night?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some went out? Did they all go out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ck ur email now
I know some went out? Did they all go out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo sent a personal welcome to all the players telling which team that you are on and some other important details. A lot of the emails were blocked so that certain groups did not receive the invites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is so pumped after receiving the confirmation email on making 6th grade Team Taz. More impressive was the fact that Tommy Zummo called me personally to congratulate us. That has never happened before. Very impressive followup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no. riptide is the a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as an FYI, plenty of quality Riptide Boys on "B" tean to dude!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo sent a personal welcome to all the players telling which team that you are on and some other important details. A lot of the emails were blocked so that certain groups did not receive the invites.

I have heard nothing. Pretty sad. I had had friend who said he left several messages for Zummo that where never returned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the legacy website down? I have been trying to get on all day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am on it. It's legacylacrosseli.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats not true, Zummo has taken the time to talk to many people who have had questions about his team. He is very approachable, I've called other organizations like 91, and Express and never received a response. I know that he has called everyone of the teams that he is coaching and welcomed them to the organization. A CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not get petty here. There are many age groups involved and I am sure both the A and B teams have players from Riptide.

2021 Was already a Legacy team so not sure your talking Them 2020 Was a good Riptide team could be them with added parts
2019 Had quality players I could see them split apart to A&B.
2018 not sure what happened to their D from Last year. Could be them just add D.

Lets not declare A or B was a Riptide team from last year. That ship has sailed.

no. riptide is the a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo has literally been calling families and kids day and night. I know him personally and know that he is calling families for 4-5 hours everyday. He's one person who 500 people want to talk to. Also, his phone is ringing off the hook every 2 seconds with parents called to say thank you, complain, [lacrosse], ask for help etc. Cut him some slack. The guy is working 24/7 to reach out to everyone he can. I don't hear anyone from 91 or Express doing this and they never will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly than where the riptide players were placed was that they were all placed, therefore it really was not a tryout for all new spots. I understand loyalty to the kids that played riptide, but then the directors should not have stated the best kids would be selected. Good luck to all the kids anyway.

All clubs with established teams should really at some point stop the big fundraising and list which positions they are really looking to field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure all this negative posts are from crazy dad who's son was unfortunately not asked to be on a time which stinks. But please don't make up lies. I know at least 15 kids who received notification and a personal call from a coach. It stinks not making a team but really give it a break!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 A team is NOT made up of last year legacy players. A lot of new faces this year which is why they were placed in an A bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 A team is NOT made up of last year legacy players. A lot of new faces this year which is why they were placed in an A bracket.

I am sure its not. The question is what is the B team made up of ? Are there new faces on it, or are they all Legacy and Riptide players ? It will be interesting to see if any Riptde or Legacy players who wanted to return did NOT make either team. The question is, if the player was legit b team player did he ever have a real chance ? Did every age group except 2021 have what in reality amounted to 25 open spots while 2021 had 10. I think its a fair point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo has literally been calling families and kids day and night. I know him personally and know that he is calling families for 4-5 hours everyday. He's one person who 500 people want to talk to. Also, his phone is ringing off the hook every 2 seconds with parents called to say thank you, complain, [lacrosse], ask for help etc. Cut him some slack. The guy is working 24/7 to reach out to everyone he can. I don't hear anyone from 91 or Express doing this and they never will.

Agree, 91 is a horror show

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did not play with the 2021 Legacy team last year but we made the team this year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hope the 2020 Riptide team stays together. What a great group of boys!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure its not. The question is what is the B team made up of ? Are there new faces on it, or are they all Legacy and Riptide players ? It will be interesting to see if any Riptde or Legacy players who wanted to return did NOT make either team. The question is, if the player was legit b team player did he ever have a real chance ? Did every age group except 2021 have what in reality amounted to 25 open spots while 2021 had 10. I think its a fair point

It's true..the true top players went to A..maybe a few riptide, a few legacy, and a few top notch new players. The B teams have ALL existing Riptide and Legacy players...it's amazaging that no existing players were sent off. It was "all spots are open". That was a Farce. If they said only a limited amount of spots were available, then 40 of the 100 tryouts would not have come down costing them $3K. Times that by 5 or 6 grades....very disappointed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did not play with the 2021 Legacy team last year but we made the team this year.
or Riptide!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true..the true top players went to A..maybe a few riptide, a few legacy, and a few top notch new players. The B teams have ALL existing Riptide and Legacy players...it's amazaging that no existing players were sent off. It was "all spots are open". That was a Farce. If they said only a limited amount of spots were available, then 40 of the 100 tryouts would not have come down costing them $3K. Times that by 5 or 6 grades....very disappointed.

I am quite sure they did not pass up on any talented players. The players who may not have received an invite were probably those that may have taken the last few spots. In many cases they proably matched comparably to the prior players from either organization last year.

The tryout was fair, spots were open.

Cage be careful on this, they are asking to single out a child.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage be careful on this, they are asking to single out a child.
Thank you for the heads-up and no one single child will be identified here. Next post please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been to many tryouts the past few years. If coming out of a tryout you do not feel as if your child was a top performer there is no telling what they are looking for and if your child will make the team.

Now if you believe they were a top performer and didn't make the team there are two options:
The tryout wasn't fair
You need to change the color of your glasses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been to many tryouts the past few years. If coming out of a tryout you do not feel as if your child was a top performer there is no telling what they are looking for and if your child will make the team.

Now if you believe they were a top performer and didn't make the team there are two options:
The tryout wasn't fair
You need to change the color of your glasses

Thank you Bob Barker...i will go with answer A

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard