BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lacrosse Equipment Exchange
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
One of the suggestions that BOTC Industries has received is to start a Lacrosse Equipment Exchange message board. Given the current economy, cost of sticks, headgear, gloves, and other uniform parts, BOTC felt that this was a solid new message thread that needed to be opened. We will grow this discussion over time.

If you have gently used equipment which you would like to sell, please post those details and contact information here on Back of the Cage. We will closely monitor this new thread in the spirit of sharing equipment and saving a few dollars!

The doors to the BOTC Equipment Exchange are now opened.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Goalie Equiptment Wanted - Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for complete Goalie stick or just the shaft and chest protector in good condition. Son is HS freshman. Call Arnie at 917-805-7482.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Lacrosse Equipment Exchange
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 7 yr old son is starting his first year of youth lacrosse this spring. Need advice on the following:

1st stick (Maverik Bad Boy, Bazooka; Warrior Joker X; Brine Recruit; STX AV8, BallHog, Stinger)???
Helmet
Protective gear (starter kits?)

Thanks, any and all help greatly appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 7 yr old son is starting his first year of youth lacrosse this spring. Need advice on the following:

1st stick (Maverik Bad Boy, Bazooka; Warrior Joker X; Brine Recruit; STX AV8, BallHog, Stinger)???
Helmet
Protective gear (starter kits?)

Thanks, any and all help greatly appreciated.
Any of the starter sticks, like the STX AV8, should work well for any new player. The key is to have a stick with a wide face to make the catching easier when starting out.

If your budget is open to a little more spend, you can try the STX/XCalibur or the 2010 legal edition, the STX X10.

Good luck and enjoy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to the cult....lol. I think for a first year player the starter kits are great. Most important is to make sure the equipment fits well so it won't get in his way. Any of the sticks you mentioned will do fine. If you are going to spend extra $$ I would put it towards getting the pocket strung at your local shop, pre strung heads tend to stink. When my son first started I would let him pick out his own upgrades as the equipment wore out or he outgrew it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard