BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 70 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like terps black and terps merged

Merged? Not exactly.

more like purged...

Why would you say something like that? Why so 🐃bitter and angry at this team already? Tool.

These people don’t like MC so they attack the Express’s teams because they feel that will discourage people from joining the Express. Very angry and immature. These teams will do just fine. They always do

I don't think you know what purge means. To me it means getting rid of the non impact players that took of valuable spots. It was ok up till now but a great team can't depend on the first line to win. If my child made the orange team I would grab it because mc knows exactly what needs to be done. AND he is a great coach! And not for nothing but this year all the express teams have an exceptional coaching staff.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-10,000 is over the top. Isn't 1 out of 2 in the CHSAA and about 1/100 for a,b,c ?

MR STATE CHAMPION...
lets say your son is a senior in HS and his team wins the state championship by some 1-10,000 chance. Then what??

State Champ winner plus a subway token can get you to walk on tryout anywhere in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MR STATE CHAMPION...
lets say your son is a senior in HS and his team wins the state championship by some 1-10,000 chance. Then what??

State Champ winner plus a subway token can get you to walk on tryout anywhere in the country

MR I know nothing about lacrosse

This might be the stupidest post I have ever read on these boards, and thats no small feat. Talk to the kids at Garden City, Shoreham Wading River, West Islip, etc about how important winning a State Championship is. Take a look at the amount of kids that have been recruited from those schools the year after they won a state title. Not to mention the experience of winning a state title with the kids you have been playing with since grade school. I shouldnt blame you though, if youve never played a campetitive sport in your life and are living vicariously through your child you wouldnt know this. Keep dumping thousands of dollars into that overrated, money hungry club your son plays for, that and a subway token might get your son into a good school. Good luck with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MR STATE CHAMPION...

MR I know nothing about lacrosse

This might be the stupidest post I have ever read on these boards, and thats no small feat. Talk to the kids at Garden City, Shoreham Wading River, West Islip, etc about how important winning a State Championship is. Take a look at the amount of kids that have been recruited from those schools the year after they won a state title. Not to mention the experience of winning a state title with the kids you have been playing with since grade school. I shouldnt blame you though, if youve never played a campetitive sport in your life and are living vicariously through your child you wouldnt know this. Keep dumping thousands of dollars into that overrated, money hungry club your son plays for, that and a subway token might get your son into a good school. Good luck with that.

What if your son doesn't go to one of the schools you mentioned and has no chance of winning a state or district title. Wouldn't you advise him to work with a summer team in order to get recruited. I think your focus is too narrow. there are hundreds of boys/girls out there who could play on college teams that attend high schools that don't win championships and that for them a good way to be seen or recruited is to play club lacrosse. You sound as though all club lacrosse teams should be avoided. That's not my experience at all. In fact my son's club coach is doing far more than his high school coach ever could for my son's recruiting prospects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your kid isnt one of the 5 best on the team? WM was clear, they are not helping, you do that on your own time...

The only problem I have ever had is simple--

If WM and those schools like them want a boy on their team in the summer, fine. Let that boy and his family choose if they also want to play with a club on their own time.

Why in the world would the school caoch care if my kid plays on his 30 man roster, but then goes to play with a club on a 20 man roster. Why cant a kid do both (if he wants to)???

Shouldnt the coaches encourage more playing rather than less?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your kid isnt one of the 5 best on the team? WM was clear, they are not helping, you do that on your own time...

The only problem I have ever had is simple--

If WM and those schools like them want a boy on their team in the summer, fine. Let that boy and his family choose if they also want to play with a club on their own time.

Why in the world would the school caoch care if my kid plays on his 30 man roster, but then goes to play with a club on a 20 man roster. Why cant a kid do both (if he wants to)???

Shouldnt the coaches encourage more playing rather than less?

Like everything else in today's world it comes down to money. I have seen it many times in my town which is a traditional strong lax town. Kids play for both the HS summer team and their club teams but the parents pay twice as much or more for the club teams so whenever there is a conflict the club team wins out. And there are always going to be conflicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six terp kids make the Terp Black team this year, maybe they weren't,t so bad after all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2017 Express teams are A,B, etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six terp kids make the Terp Black team this year, maybe they weren't,t so bad after all?

How many of the Terp black kids got moved down? Also how many of the Terps/Terp Black got cut all together? This will be a true indication if the Express is doing the right thing for the 2017

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
How many of the Terp black kids got moved down? Also how many of the Terps/Terp Black got cut all together?
BOTC has a question for you. Why are these questions viewed as fair game? We ask this for several reasons.

First, these are youth players (ninth graders) we are discussing here. Newsday will be covering these players with their Varsity teams this Spring if they have the skills needed, so why not name the players - and yourself - if you have so many questions.

Second, why is it that people are so comfortable asking about players having been demoted on the athletics field but you would never consider asking "Who could not cut the mustard in their Advanced Placement class?" Athletics vs. AP - do we need to tell you which is more important?

Regardless, the questions being asked by this poster are simply inappropriate. If you have a problem with the roster composition, dear poster, grow a pair and come out into the open, post your objection, and then contact the club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow botc why so defensive , he did not ask for names only numbers.does your kid go do Chaminade or St. Anthony?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wow botc why so defensive , he did not ask for names only numbers.does your kid go do Chaminade or St. Anthony?
Not defensive and trust us when we tell you that we have no dog in this fight.

Neither of my college graduates went to the Long Island private schools. Both were public school graduates from here on Long Island.

Both have now graduated from Top 30 Universities nationally after having been their high school class valedictorians, sports captains, All-State musicians, and club leaders. One is now pursuing a PhD at one of the Top 5 Universities nationally while the other has just entered the workforce (off-Long Island) following graduation. We have walked the long mile when it comes to recruiting, collegiate education, graduate school preparation, and workforce post-collegiate preparation.

So, back to your question. Defensive? Not so much. The fact is that the number of players that have moved up or down in the club pecking order provides absolutely no insight on anything related to the program. Whether the number was one or ten, what difference would that make to the reader?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you raise some good kids, congrats. Just confused the hot topic right now is try outs why would we not discuss who moves up and down ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you raise some good kids, congrats. Just confused the hot topic right now is try outs why would we not discuss who moves up and down ?

You're kidding, right? Cage made it clear; these are youth lacrosse players. They are there for fundamental development and growth as players and young men. What position they have on a team and if they moved from A to B team is irrelevant.
Be concerned that your kid is happy and healthy and enjoying the sport they like. There is no indication to generate or invent pressure or situations where they would be exposed to criticism or judgement as to where they play.
If your kid is not playing on the team you think he belongs on; then take it up with the coaches. A public forum is not the place to dissect one child's abilities vs another.
They will land on the team they are supposed to be on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're kidding, right? Cage made it clear; these are youth lacrosse players. They are there for fundamental development and growth as players and young men. What position they have on a team and if they moved from A to B team is irrelevant.
Be concerned that your kid is happy and healthy and enjoying the sport they like. There is no indication to generate or invent pressure or situations where they would be exposed to criticism or judgement as to where they play.
If your kid is not playing on the team you think he belongs on; then take it up with the coaches. A public forum is not the place to dissect one child's abilities vs another.

I must disagree, At this age "dissecting" players abilities is exactly what college coaches are doing! Anytime now, the wave of 2017 commitments will begin, so it matters this year more than ever what team a kid is on! Fundamenatal development should have already happened by this age.This is a forum about lacrosse, so thats whatis discussed here. Parents are their kids biggest advocate, and many times they are angry because there kid was shaffted due to politics. I sincerely wish all players the best, and esspecially the talented kids that get raw deals. Stick with it and don't get too caught up in the hype, but definately keep playing your absolute best every time and things will work out the way they are meant too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I must disagree, At this age "dissecting" players abilities is exactly what college coaches are doing! Anytime now, the wave of 2017 commitments will begin, so it matters this year more than ever what team a kid is on! Fundamenatal development should have already happened by this age.This is a forum about lacrosse, so thats whatis discussed here. Parents are their kids biggest advocate, and many times they are angry because there kid was shaffted due to politics. I sincerely wish all players the best, and esspecially the talented kids that get raw deals. Stick with it and don't get too caught up in the hype, but definately keep playing your absolute best every time and things will work out the way they are meant too.

"It matters this year more than ever which team you're on"???? You are very confused with regard to the recruiting process. I will agree your son may get some better exposure to top coaches on a good team. More talent means more coaches. However, the recruiting game is changing. Coaches want to see how players perform without the security of their teammates. This why the camps and showcases are so big now. You know the top ones. Much more important to be at those and play well on your own. This shows the coach your true talents, and IQ. Further, the individual college prospect days and clinics are critical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"It matters this year more than ever which team you're on"???? You are very confused with regard to the recruiting process. I will agree your son may get some better exposure to top coaches on a good team. More talent means more coaches. However, the recruiting game is changing. Coaches want to see how players perform without the security of their teammates. This why the camps and showcases are so big now. You know the top ones. Much more important to be at those and play well on your own. This shows the coach your true talents, and IQ. Further, the individual college prospect days and clinics are critical.

Shush, you are 100% correct, but why share with those that want to fight over E....ss Orange or Terps, and who is who, and why they are on what team. We all know why some kids end up on Orange. Let them keep believing what they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shush, you are 100% correct, but why share with those that want to fight over E....ss Orange or Terps, and who is who, and why they are on what team. We all know why some kids end up on Orange. Let them keep believing what they want.

St Anthony’s and Chaminade kids get pushed to the front from here on in. That is very clear from the results of the Express tryouts. Now the Terps team is getting diluted because kids are leaving the Express and moving on to other teams. Express is back filling with next in line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sounds like you raise some good kids, congrats. Just confused the hot topic right now is try outs why would we not discuss who moves up and down ?

St Anthony’s and Chaminade kids get pushed to the front from here on in. That is very clear from the results of the Express tryouts. Now the Terps team is getting diluted because kids are leaving the Express and moving on to other teams. Express is back filling with next in line.

To poster: "It matters more this year than ever before???" Why did you ask the question in a condesending manor, just to go on and give a logical answer??? I am certainly not confused about the recruiting process. I have have seen boys that play on top teams, but not show well at the recuiting camps/showcases get lots of college interest. I have also seen boys that play on mediocre club team, but excel at the recruiting camps/showcases get equal interest. So I guess we will agree that being on a top team exposes a player to more college coaches. If they can also perform well at a top showcase, that pretty much seals the deal. The kid on the "b" team only has one option, rock the showcase!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Channy did an excellent job assembling the Orange team. Nice balance of skills and kids that play well together. If you ask the kids they like this team.Also I think having Moran coach Terps was a great move as well as it gives kids a chance to develop under a coaching legend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Channy did an excellent job assembling the Orange team. Nice balance of skills and kids that play well together. If you ask the kids they like this team.Also I think having Moran coach Terps was a great move as well as it gives kids a chance to develop under a coaching legend.

Hows that Terps team shaping up? Hearing they're having a really hard time getting kids to commit? Moran is a great coach no doubt, I guess he'll have his work cut out for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could not agree more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hows that Terps team shaping up? Hearing they're having a really hard time getting kids to commit? Moran is a great coach no doubt, I guess he'll have his work cut out for him.

I actually heard the opposite, I personally know 10 families who signed up asap and all are not catholic school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps are going to be a low level B team which is fine for the kids who will be playing there. Coach Moran is an excellent coach who will make the boys better. My son made the team and accepted the invite. He is excited to get started and he knows several of the kids on the team. Should be fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9th Grade Jesters tryouts this weekend. You would think they will get a lot of kids trying out that are still looking for a team. Lots of talent still out there, kids who aren't going to catholic school or didn't make any of the "big club" A teams! Jesters Black had a competitive team last summer and a lot of their kids are coming back. They have a spot in the U15 National Championship so they will be going to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps are going to be a low level B team which is fine for the kids who will be playing there. Coach Moran is an excellent coach who will make the boys better. My son made the team and accepted the invite. He is excited to get started and he knows several of the kids on the team. Should be fun!

They are not low level B. Please think that when you play them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG, I want to reply so badly to this post, but mode won't let me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this how? You know exactly who's committed and who's not? I think you're going to be very suprised at the final make up of that team. Best of luck to you and your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this how? You know exactly who's committed and who's not? I think you're going to be very suprised at the final make up of that team. Best of luck to you and your son.

Thanks! No subsitiute for coaching. And with one of the most respected HS coaches in the country teaching the boys - things are off to a promising start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure it's not MC with a fake Mustache.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC is a great coach and he runs one of the top organizations in the country. The training that he provides the players in his organization you will not find anywhere. The way he sets up tournaments for all players of the Express organization to participate all year long and that's all you have to do is sign up on the website is incredible. But! yes there is a but, if you were selected to play on one of the B teams you must run for the hills! There is zero quality control on the B and C teams. If you are on one of these teams you will see multiple coach's through out the year to coach the team very rarely does a coach finish out the season. Last year I think it was supposed to be Schwalje and Lynot were supposed to coach the B team. Now they are saying Moran is going to coach, do you really believe he will be there all of the time? Come on, he will show up for some tournaments and maybe a few practices if your lucky, he has his hands full with Chaminade and will not have the time to properly coach this team. What MC should do is hire a B director that over see's these teams and make sure they are being properly coached but he spreads himself to thin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC is a great coach and he runs one of the top organizations in the country. The training that he provides the players in his organization you will not find anywhere. The way he sets up tournaments for all players of the Express organization to participate all year long and that's all you have to do is sign up on the website is incredible. But! yes there is a but, if you were selected to play on one of the B teams you must run for the hills! There is zero quality control on the B and C teams. If you are on one of these teams you will see multiple coach's through out the year to coach the team very rarely does a coach finish out the season. Last year I think it was supposed to be Schwalje and Lynot were supposed to coach the B team. Now they are saying Moran is going to coach, do you really believe he will be there all of the time? Come on, he will show up for some tournaments and maybe a few practices if your lucky, he has his hands full with Chaminade and will not have the time to properly coach this team. What MC should do is hire a B director that over see's these teams and make sure they are being properly coached but he spreads himself to thin.

You forgot to mention that you pay very high additional costs for that training you receive with the express.

I agree, no way Moran is the full time coach of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've spoken to Coach Moran and he and Coach Gene Isnardi will both be involved all year from day one. Sorry to burst your bubble but my son is very happy to be with those 2 coaches and his new teammates. Prior to making claims, phone numbers to the LIE directors are on the website, yes they respond. Call and ask the the question. enjoy it will be a fun year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was on the 3rd team last year and we had the two of the most dedicated coaches EVER! practiced from November to July. 2 Fall tourneys, 2 Indoor leagues, OBLL, 6 summer Tourneys and about 40 practices. Are there coaching irregularities from team to team - I guess - but not every team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THey will be "involved" exactly! If you think they will be there for every practice and every tournament you are out of your mind! Who wouldnt love those 2 coach's it would be a dream situation but its not happening. And by the way many parents have made that call and only to be lied to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let know when day one starts, you are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very excited about the Express Orange Team this year. The core of the team is very strong and athletic . The rest of the team really understand their roles and do them well. This team can play at a very high speed. It took MC a while to find the right mix of kids, but he definitely has it. Several of these kids will be starting on good varsity teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've spoken to Coach Moran and he and Coach Gene Isnardi will both be involved all year from day one. Sorry to burst your bubble but my son is very happy to be with those 2 coaches and his new teammates. Prior to making claims, phone numbers to the LIE directors are on the website, yes they respond. Call and ask the the question. enjoy it will be a fun year

I went on to the Express website and searched high and Low and could not find a phone # for anyone. There is only a general email. Not sure how you got Moran’s # to speak to him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has all the maverick showtime invitations went out for 2017's?

Page 9 of 70 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard