BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 10 of 220 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info on the yj board-I am a tg parent. Why is that comment offensive to you? Apparently the poster before me wrote the exact same thing yet you choose to single out my post...it is what it is. Maybe girls who didnt make tg top team will jump over to yjs. So what? Its great people have options. These debates on here are entertaining but no one will ever win. What I see here is just club bashing and seems quite silly to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish the Topguns were playing in a few of the fall tournaments...the summer is a long way away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but at least we have 2 winter leagues to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call playing at inline against town teams good for a travel team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wish the Topguns were playing in a few of the fall tournaments...the summer is a long way away

Many of the travel teams at this level have players with parents who are coaches or who have coached on a town level. Offshoot teams from the summer tournament teams often form for the fall tournaments. One of the problems with bringing a full summer tournament team, is that most of these fall tournament are geared towards mini teams in a 7 vs 7 format. But that also makes putting together a offshoot group easier.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats the biggest drawback to the Topguns, that their coaches are away for fall and spring. Other clubs definitely get a leg up in tournaments and practices not to mention winter leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the T3 Fall Face Off.....close by in N.J. One day of games, 3 full length games on full fields (turf).

Sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday in November .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats the biggest drawback to the Topguns, that their coaches are away for fall and spring. Other clubs definitely get a leg up in tournaments and practices not to mention winter leagues.

On the other hand, the biggest draw of the Top Guns is that many of Topgun coaches are actively involved in playing lacrosse at the very highest level possible. As far as I know, all the teams play together through the winter indoor leagues (optional to players). I also believe that some of the teams are involved in the fall tournaments as well. They certainly give members plenty of opportunity to play with other team members throughout the year in addition to summer tournaments. I personally feel it is important for my daughter to also play school/town ball too. That's another indoor league in the winter, another spring outdoor season etc.... In the end, this club offers plenty of oppurtunity to fully emerse players in lacrosse with other teammates, if you choose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It won't be posted until after the last major club has it's tryout in December.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters are posted .....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster a are posted

Like Reply Quote
M
ManhassetMama
Unregistered
ManhassetMama
Unregistered
M
Oh boy, YJ and Liberty won't be happy w 2017 team..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that dont recognize any names from YJ blue at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no yjblue players listed on there, nice try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Oh boy, YJ and Liberty won't be happy w 2017 team.. "
Why is that because they were hoping for better competition.After all the talk about so many kids leaving yj to go to tg ,I saw one name that switched over from gold to top tg team, I am sure there were others but that is all I noticed. I still do not think they will knock off any blue team until possibly the much younger age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are NO YJ gold players listed either. Looks like maybe 2 3rd string YJ players making their top team. Thats should help them LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Oh boy, YJ and Liberty won't be happy w 2017 team.. "
Why is that because they were hoping for better competition.After all the talk about so many kids leaving yj to go to tg ,I saw one name that switched over from gold to top tg team, I am sure there were others but that is all I noticed. I still do not think they will knock off any blue team until possibly the much younger age groups.

Quite honestly at the younger ages who cares if good players switch clubs to your team? Do you really need that? At this young age I would rather have the players and team be developed rather than just put together. Welcome new young athletic girls even if they are new to the sport, get them in the program and spend some time to develope their lacrosse skills. Obviously for the older teams this can't be done, so you have to put teams together. For me, as far as many of they younger teams are concerned, the other clubs can keep their top players.

Like Reply Quote
F
FormerYGmom
Unregistered
FormerYGmom
Unregistered
F
Who cares where they left?? Wish the girls good luck, cheer them on and promote good sportsmanship!! Have fun ladies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj parents are just that, Yj parents. Every club on the island and lots in Maryland, jersey and PA that I speak to, can't stand you parents , there must be a reason for this. Yj blue teams are good, I give them that, the rest of there teams forget about, not that good. The problem with Yj is the parents, not kids, coaches or directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj parents are just that, Yj parents. Every club on the island and lots in Maryland, jersey and PA that I speak to, can't stand you parents , there must be a reason for this. Yj blue teams are good, I give them that, the rest of there teams forget about, not that good. The problem with Yj is the parents, not kids, coaches or directors.

Funny how it is a top gun thread but the yj name is always brought up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams have those parents...unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And all sports seem to have em too, just some sports and some clubs seem to have a higher percentage.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

And all sports seem to have em too, just some sports and some clubs seem to have a higher percentage.

True dat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah Yj 150% lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and why are you in this thread??? another nervous YJ parent. other clubs are getting very close to YJ .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and why are you in this thread??? another nervous YJ parent. other clubs are getting very close to YJ .
my girl is on blue I'm not worried at all. Top gun is no threat to us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG parents are no better!!! screaming fathers loosing there minds on the sidelines is very attractive! Coaches on staff consistently with Red cards give it up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt YJ is worried they have consistently put good teams on the field. Cant say the same for ANY other club in terms of performance and consistency. Just worry about yourselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer parents are just as bad, maybe worse. The only difference is there are many organizations at high levels of play in soccer, so the behavior is spread out over many teams. The yj's the parent behavior is highly concentrated (50 teams show up at every tournament) and therefore highly noticable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how it is a top gun thread but the yj name is always brought up?

YJ get a lot of mention on TG thread and TG gets a lot of mention on YJ thread. Its obvious that there is a competitive rivalry there, which is good for the sport. Good for everyone including TG, YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are NO YJ gold players listed either. Looks like maybe 2 3rd string YJ players making their top team. Thats should help them LOL

Player that left was on YJ 2016 Gold; and the kid could have stayed but her father is the issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow your a Yj blue, isnt that cool, you had to mention that,, nobody cares,,nobody asked, you must be so proud.. why are you on this thread anyway. not worried hah. ok . did you hear that all non blue team parents, this one is on YJ BLUE. Yj blue should get ther own thread, because they are so above all other YJ teams and all other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow Yj parents checking topgun rosters. what does that say? Isn't that funny. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"another nervous YJ parent. other clubs are getting very close to YJ "
Close, maybe ,maybe not, but you obviously believe not equal.I have watched several of the clubs and was wondering how would the gold yj teams do against the top top gun teams. The only age I am somewhat familiar with is 2016 and believe it would be a very close game but would give the nod to yj gold at this point.Does this hold true for the older girls , honestly do not know ?I have heard the 2015 tg team is very very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close, maybe ,maybe not, but you obviously believe not equal.I have watched several of the clubs and was wondering how would the gold yj teams do against the top top gun teams. The only age I am somewhat familiar with is 2016 and believe it would be a very close game but would give the nod to yj gold at this point.Does this hold true for the older girls , honestly do not know ?I have heard the 2015 tg team is very very good.

2015 TG team may be very very good (you are obviously a TG parent looking for some confidence in your team). The 2015 TG team will not even come close to the YJ blue at this age, I mean not close. Will they match up with the gold, maybe so, but doesn't that make them second string? Are the parents of the top TG team hoping to match up the YJ gold? Well at least they are being realistic now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

2015 TG team may be very very good (you are obviously a TG parent looking for some confidence in your team). The 2015 TG team will not even come close to the YJ blue at this age, I mean not close. Will they match up with the gold, maybe so, but doesn't that make them second string? Are the parents of the top TG team hoping to match up the YJ gold? Well at least they are being realistic now.
Please stop. Let's discuss the Top Guns program and growth on its own merits for now. Comparisons with other teams, some of which still have tryouts to go, can be left to the Winter and Spring seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(you are obviously a TG parent looking for some confidence in your team).
are you mental, now i see how the yj parents get their reputation. i picked yj gold over top tg team but i must be a tg parent, makes alot of sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 topguns would crush 2015 yj gold, and 2014 topguns beat 2014 Yj gold in syracuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
INsulting teams in your own club
2015 YJ blue is outstanding team, one of the best ever to come around. 2015 topguns is very good team, don't loose to often. Typical YJ blue parent though, putting down teams in there own club, calling YJ gold second string. Then what are YJ red and green and black, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th string.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 220 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard