BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 79 of 220 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I took my daughter to the 2018 Top Gun tryout last month and when I got there I was impressed on how organized they were. Little did I know what I was in for. My daughter and just about her whole current team came down to tryout that day in the hopes of making one of the teams. Wouldn't you know that NOT ONE GIRL MADE ANY TEAM. Billy's response was that "They miss a few every now and then".
Granted, some of the girls just cant play at a high level and I get that, but Bill Smith missed the boat on several top players who just recently tried out for another top lacrosse program and made that Lacrosse clubs A and B teams. These girls are good athletic LAX players and Bill and Shannon let a college friendship control a tryout.
After looking into it, we the parents discovered that Shannon apparently played LAX at Northwestern with our coach. Was it a coincidence that not 1 player made any team?? They took 15 kids $35 per kid and had NO INTENTIONS OF ANY OF THOSE GIRLS TO MAKE ANY OF THE TEAMS. Its disgusting what they did to these girls.
Im so glad my daughter IS NOT PLAYING FOR TOP GUN. Talk about politics and who you know. The only ones here who get punished are the 13 year old girls. Shame on you Bill and Shannon..Shame..

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not a conspiracy and they are actually better evaluators of talent than mommies and daddies?
just because Shannon can play does not make Bill or her brother good evaluators

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my daughter to the 2018 Top Gun tryout last month and when I got there I was impressed on how organized they were. Little did I know what I was in for. My daughter and just about her whole current team came down to tryout that day in the hopes of making one of the teams. Wouldn't you know that NOT ONE GIRL MADE ANY TEAM. Billy's response was that "They miss a few every now and then".
Granted, some of the girls just cant play at a high level and I get that, but Bill Smith missed the boat on several top players who just recently tried out for another top lacrosse program and made that Lacrosse clubs A and B teams. These girls are good athletic LAX players and Bill and Shannon let a college friendship control a tryout.
After looking into it, we the parents discovered that Shannon apparently played LAX at Northwestern with our coach. Was it a coincidence that not 1 player made any team?? They took 15 kids $35 per kid and had NO INTENTIONS OF ANY OF THOSE GIRLS TO MAKE ANY OF THE TEAMS. Its disgusting what they did to these girls.
Im so glad my daughter IS NOT PLAYING FOR TOP GUN. Talk about politics and who you know. The only ones here who get punished are the 13 year old girls. Shame on you Bill and Shannon..Shame..

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not a conspiracy and they are actually better evaluators of talent than mommies and daddies?
just because Shannon can play does not make Bill or her brother good evaluators

I think the TGs attract very good talent, I think the smiths serious lack real ability to sort it out. Have seen way too many examples to chalk up to politics. In the end they still put a strong team together just by being half right with the great talent that shows up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Or maybe, just maybe, it's not a conspiracy and they are actually better evaluators of talent than mommies and daddies?"
LOL. You missed the point. These girls HAD NO CHANCE TO MAKE TOP GUN, whether they are A players or C players. Shannon wasnt taking them. And 3 of those girls can play anywhere. Mommy and Daddy went elsewhere and their kids made the A and B teams of a top notch Lacrosse Team. All we as parents ask for is the truth. Bill and Shannon know what they did...
Shannon and Bill let friendship get in the way of honesty...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has tried out for every major club team on L.I. Y.J. , T.G. 91 , Express, Suffolk All Stars and Liberty, and I can tell you that without a question only the last club runs a truly unbiased tryout. Many people will say that the director only pulls from her home school and is biased to those girls, but the truth is if you had a talent pool like that you would also pull from it at the same rate. I have seen the director drop girls to the second team and even cut girls from her home school, that is what the doubters from outside the club don't see and where there comments show there ignorance. With there tryout still to come in October I implore any parent that is tired of the T.G. Y.J. politics to attend there tryout, If you think your daughter is a good player she stands her best chance of making an "A" team at this club. I assure you that the director and coaches are as unbiased as possible. I have no monetary alliance to this club, I do not coach for this club, I do not live in that school district, I am just a very happy consumer of her product and would like to see her club progress with the best players from all over Long Island,.

Sounds funny and desperate, at the same time. Advertising for Liberty on the TG site, "good" players making "A" teams, "as unbiased as possible", hoping for her club to progress...Keep trying out, you actually missed a few clubs. You must be sooo busy during tryouts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon over saw entire tryout process

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has tried out for every major club team on L.I. Y.J. , T.G. 91 , Express, Suffolk All Stars and Liberty, and I can tell you that without a question only the last club runs a truly unbiased tryout. Many people will say that the director only pulls from her home school and is biased to those girls, but the truth is if you had a talent pool like that you would also pull from it at the same rate. I have seen the director drop girls to the second team and even cut girls from her home school, that is what the doubters from outside the club don't see and where there comments show there ignorance. With there tryout still to come in October I implore any parent that is tired of the T.G. Y.J. politics to attend there tryout, If you think your daughter is a good player she stands her best chance of making an "A" team at this club. I assure you that the director and coaches are as unbiased as possible. I have no monetary alliance to this club, I do not coach for this club, I do not live in that school district, I am just a very happy consumer of her product and would like to see her club progress with the best players from all over Long Island,.

No offense but your club is barely competitive and even though I am not a fan I have seen many girls on YJ from CR home town get moved down a team or to so not really a big deal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yeah, he missed the boat. I'm sure they had good reasons. Good luck.
It’s no better on the YJ side. They have a Friends and Family package that guarantees you a spot on the Blue team regardless of your skill level. There are kids on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams that are better than the kids that play on the last string on the Blue team, but because they’re not a friend of the coach or have some kind of family connection to another coach, they don’t make the team. The only difference between TG and YJ is that CR keeps adding more teams each year, so if you tryout there, you’ll probably make a team. Good Luck

You are one of the blind ones, same club different colors . Shannon or should I say Bill have added more teams each year and will continue to do , go back and look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion... My daughter played in the past for Liberty and I felt the politics were terrible. We had a try-out with TG and she made the team and she never looked back. SS nor BS knew her and she still made the team. I don't think that a team that won the U15 National Championship is filling a team with friends and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Or maybe, just maybe, it's not a conspiracy and they are actually better evaluators of talent than mommies and daddies?"
LOL. You missed the point. These girls HAD NO CHANCE TO MAKE TOP GUN, whether they are A players or C players. Shannon wasnt taking them. And 3 of those girls can play anywhere. Mommy and Daddy went elsewhere and their kids made the A and B teams of a top notch Lacrosse Team. All we as parents ask for is the truth. Bill and Shannon know what they did...

There are friendships and politics in play at every program. Many times it's the parents who are unwanted, and the politics & problems they might be bringing with them. You said something about Shannon knowing their coach, so maybe she already had some insight. It's not always the players. Some of the over-the-top, way too involved, conspiracy theory parents, don't even see that THEY might be the problem. Many people who complain on these threads wouldn't get that, because they ARE those parents! Based on what we're seeing here, from you, it might have been a good move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s no better on the YJ side. They have a Friends and Family package that guarantees you a spot on the Blue team regardless of your skill level. There are kids on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams that are better than the kids that play on the last string on the Blue team, but because they’re not a friend of the coach or have some kind of family connection to another coach, they don’t make the team. The only difference between TG and YJ is that CR keeps adding more teams each year, so if you tryout there, you’ll probably make a team. Good Luck

You are one of the blind ones, same club different colors . Shannon or should I say Bill have added more teams each year and will continue to do , go back and look.

Who cares how many teams they add?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There are friendships and politics in play at every program. Many times it's the parents who are unwanted, and the politics & problems they might be bringing with them. You said something about Shannon knowing their coach, so maybe she already had some insight. It's not always the players. Some of the over-the-top, way too involved, conspiracy theory parents, don't even see that THEY might be the problem. Many people who complain on these threads wouldn't get that, because they ARE those parents! Based on what we're seeing here, from you, it might have been a good move."
Think about what you just wrote. How ignorant are you? You are saying that 15 kids parents "are the problem"? 15 families? The only thing that was 'way over the top" was the way our girls were treated. They NEVER HAD A CHANCE. Can you understand that? Do you think that's fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares how many teams they add?

This is all very very simple. If you don't like a particular club, then don't support it. Please remember that when a child is not picked on a particular team, it's not always the kids fault. Sometimes the parents have such a reputation, it will affect the childs chances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There are friendships and politics in play at every program. Many times it's the parents who are unwanted, and the politics & problems they might be bringing with them. You said something about Shannon knowing their coach, so maybe she already had some insight. It's not always the players. Some of the over-the-top, way too involved, conspiracy theory parents, don't even see that THEY might be the problem. Many people who complain on these threads wouldn't get that, because they ARE those parents! Based on what we're seeing here, from you, it might have been a good move."
Think about what you just wrote. How ignorant are you? You are saying that 15 kids parents "are the problem"? 15 families? The only thing that was 'way over the top" was the way our girls were treated. They NEVER HAD A CHANCE. Can you understand that? Do you think that's fair?

I understand that this is how YOU see it. Move on, and enjoy your other club. TG, YJ, and every other club aren't for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your story sounds a bit exaggerated, and one-sided. It doesn't sound like you have all the facts either, and your upset about not making any of 3 teams. Glad you and those other girls found a place they're happy. You made your point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion... My daughter played in the past for Liberty and I felt the politics were terrible. We had a try-out with TG and she made the team and she never looked back. SS nor BS knew her and she still made the team. I don't think that a team that won the U15 National Championship is filling a team with friends and family.

Give me a break , if a team wins a tournament then the rest of the club has no politics involved. So the past years when we lost it must have been because the Smiths were using favoritism

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was the player from Northwestern?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical parents that crawl up the coaches and directors butt just to make sure that their kid gets a spot. These are the same kind of parents that will sign up to coach their kid so they can make sure that the kid gets a substantial amount of playing time or gets picked if there are tryouts. In most of these cases, the parents are fat, lazy and obnoxious and always have an angle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical parents that crawl up the coaches and directors butt just to make sure that their kid gets a spot. These are the same kind of parents that will sign up to coach their kid so they can make sure that the kid gets a substantial amount of playing time or gets picked if there are tryouts. In most of these cases, the parents are fat, lazy and obnoxious and always have an angle.
Probably missing a few teeth as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noparent coaching at TG, go to YJ or Elevate if you want parent coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your eyes those 15 kids were great. Most parents think all there kids are great. But reality is some kids really s...ck . I think this what we have here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clueless in Top Gun world wrote:
"In your eyes those 15 kids were great. Most parents think all there kids are great. But reality is some kids really s...ck . I think this what we have here."
Did I ever say they were great? Again, the point is that NO ONE MADE IT. Something was rotten in Denmark. Pay attention. 3-5 of those girls are A/B players without question. And several of those 5 kids made the A team at a high level LAX program.
All we ask for is fairness. We weren't given that by the Smith's. Its the truth.
Again, its about the kids. Its ludicrous that those 5 kids didn't make not even the C team. All good kids with great parents. Ask Shannon's friend. She will confirm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"In your eyes those 15 kids were great. Most parents think all there kids are great. But reality is some kids really s...ck . I think this what we have here."
Did I ever say they were great? Again, the point is that NO ONE MADE IT. Something was rotten in Denmark. Pay attention. 3-5 of those girls are A/B players without question. And several of those 5 kids made the A team at a high level LAX program.
All we ask for is fairness. We weren't given that by the Smith's. Its the truth.
Again, its about the kids. Its ludicrous that those 5 kids didn't make not even the C team. All good kids with great parents. Ask Shannon's friend. She will confirm.

What town were these girls from? What club did they end up going too? When girls register for tryout they enter individually. Some degree of effort would be needed to sort these girls out for a mass rejection. Truth is that age group had three teams last year and were only looking to keep it at three for this year. A few girls left from last year from each team opening a handful of spots. You had 120 - 150 trying out. Better stated you had 50 to 75 girls filling a handful of spots. What would the reasoning be for SS to shun these girls? What is the college friend story here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about the friends and family plan how many male college players who have no experience coaching girls lacrosse do you need, too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town were these girls from? What club did they end up going too? When girls register for tryout they enter individually. Some degree of effort would be needed to sort these girls out for a mass rejection. Truth is that age group had three teams last year and were only looking to keep it at three for this year. A few girls left from last year from each team opening a handful of spots. You had 120 - 150 trying out. Better stated you had 50 to 75 girls filling a handful of spots. What would the reasoning be for SS to shun these girls? What is the college friend story here?

The registration asks you what club you played for the previous year. Not too hard to figure out. Your other point makes no sense. So if you were on team previous year you are guaranteed a spot? Not really a smart way to grow their product. If they want to compete consistently with YJ this is probably not smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Clueless in Top Gun world wrote:

Which "high Level LAX Program? Can't be Y.J., T.G., Suffolk All Stars or Liberty?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The registration asks you what club you played for the previous year. Not too hard to figure out. Your other point makes no sense. So if you were on team previous year you are guaranteed a spot? Not really a smart way to grow their product. If they want to compete consistently with YJ this is probably not smart.

The registration does not ask where you played before! Obviously, this is a made up story, by someone with an ax to grind (probably because her daughter got cut), looking to start trouble, and put the program, and the smiths down. Everyone - please stop addressing this tall tale, and let's move on, keep it positive, and good luck in the fall tournaments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Clueless in Top Gun world wrote:

Which "high Level LAX Program? Can't be Y.J., T.G., Suffolk All Stars or Liberty?

The A team at another program? Well YJ's has not had try-outs, we can rule that out. Most anywhere else the A team is at least a step below, say the 2nd or third for this 2018 age group which is likely the strongest age group depth wise for TG. Where do all these kids play travel the last few years? If they are fresh into travel, they are likely several years behind most trying out in development at the travel level. Not looking to dispell your conspiracy theory, maybe you are right that a gross misjustice has taken place here, but you are comparing apples and oranges. Why on earth would SS overlook talent because the girls come from a certain town coached by a former teammate? Even if there was bad blood somewhere there, I don't see the logic or motive by not picking these girls up. You would think it would be the other way around, if she was looking to twist the knife, she would be taking these kids away to the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe they were good friends and she did not want to deplete her friends program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe they were good friends and she did not want to deplete her friends program...

Darby St-Clair Barrie runs the Girls program at 91, She is friendly with Shannon and was a goalie at Northwestern, there is no bad blood as 91 is not that big a threat. If SS and BS wanted to they could have taken them all and had Black / Purple / White and 91,,,,,,at least they would have had new uniforms. ( c'mon, that was pretty funny)
91 tryouts are tomorrow, and of the smaller girls clubs this one is not that bad.
They don't show up at the same tournaments so whats the big deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The registration does not ask where you played before! Obviously, this is a made up story, by someone with an ax to grind (probably because her daughter got cut), looking to start trouble, and put the program, and the smiths down. Everyone - please stop addressing this tall tale, and let's move on, keep it positive, and good luck in the fall tournaments!"
It actually did ask what team you are currently playing on. Its not made up. My daughter came from Express and we made it. Happy to be with Top Gun!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The registration does not ask where you played before! Obviously, this is a made up story, by someone with an ax to grind (probably because her daughter got cut), looking to start trouble, and put the program, and the smiths down. Everyone - please stop addressing this tall tale, and let's move on, keep it positive, and good luck in the fall tournaments!"
It actually did ask what team you are currently playing on. Its not made up. My daughter came from Express and we made it. Happy to be with Top Gun!!

The form we filled out is right on the TG website, and doesn't say anything about what team you're on. Glad to have you either way, welcome aboard, and best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Darby St-Clair Barrie runs the Girls program at 91, She is friendly with Shannon and was a goalie at Northwestern, there is no bad blood as 91 is not that big a threat. If SS and BS wanted to they could have taken them all and had Black / Purple / White and 91,,,,,,at least they would have had new uniforms. ( c'mon, that was pretty funny)
91 tryouts are tomorrow, and of the smaller girls clubs this one is not that bad.

So your saying these 15 girls were actually 91 players who played for another travel club? If that is the case then Shannon did the right thing by not stealing them away from 91 and her college friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it 120 or 150 girls trying out? Huge range. Your reliability is dropping

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same deal happened last year in this age group. Nearly twice as many girls tried out as spots available on three teams. Last year many parents were offended, how could my daughter not make a team? Truth is there is some loyalty there to existing players. If they are borderline, paid their bills, they got the nod. Were some new players passed by for some borderline existing talent? Absolutely, but that is good to see.They wouldn't hurt themselves by passing up on stud players, but is that what we are talking about here? Just because some other club put them on their A team doesn't really quantify the talent level here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same deal happened last year in this age group. Nearly twice as many girls tried out as spots available on three teams. Last year many parents were offended, how could my daughter not make a team? Truth is there is some loyalty there to existing players. If they are borderline, paid their bills, they got the nod. Were some new players passed by for some borderline existing talent? Absolutely, but that is good to see.They wouldn't hurt themselves by passing up on stud players, but is that what we are talking about here? Just because some other club put them on their A team doesn't really quantify the talent level here.

Fun day of 7v7 at Hofstra. Great job girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what team did all of these girls end up playing for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So.... on what A team club did all 15 of these former 2018 Team 91 players end up on?

So your saying these 15 girls were actually 91 players who played for another travel club? If that is the case then Shannon did the right thing by not stealing them away from 91 and her college friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same deal happened last year in this age group. Nearly twice as many girls tried out as spots available on three teams. Last year many parents were offended, how could my daughter not make a team? Truth is there is some loyalty there to existing players. If they are borderline, paid their bills, they got the nod. Were some new players passed by for some borderline existing talent? Absolutely, but that is good to see.They wouldn't hurt themselves by passing up on stud players, but is that what we are talking about here? Just because some other club put them on their A team doesn't

really quantify the talent level here.

Fun day of 7v7 at Hofstra. Great job girls!

Are the honey badgers the same as top guns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting weekend, heard there is a mass exiting from Suffolk All Stars, entire 2016 / 2017 / 2018 teams tried out for 91 and very many no shows at All Stars tryout.
These are three competitive age groups and there is a big shift in power to the new kid on the block. Apparently parents not happy with coaches and choice of Tournaments.
Wonder why All stars picked 91 ? Apparently this was in the works for weeks so I wonder why they did not pick TG's.
I would not be surprised if they struck a deal to keep entire teams intact, which would have been more of a YJ move. This will all create a little bit of a buzz,,,,,as life goes on.

Good showing at 7v7, perfect weather,,,,,,but Jesus could someone get a food truck there and a couple more porta sans,,,,,, just got a vision of SS on the grill and BS at the till,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting weekend, heard there is a mass exiting from Suffolk All Stars, entire 2016 / 2017 / 2018 teams tried out for 91 and very many no shows at All Stars tryout.
These are three competitive age groups and there is a big shift in power to the new kid on the block. Apparently parents not happy with coaches and choice of Tournaments.
Wonder why All stars picked 91 ? Apparently this was in the works for weeks so I wonder why they did not pick TG's.
I would not be surprised if they struck a deal to keep entire teams intact, which would have been more of a YJ move. This will all create a little bit of a buzz,,,,,as life goes on.

Good showing at 7v7, perfect weather,,,,,,but Jesus could someone get a food truck there and a couple more porta sans,,,,,, just got a vision of SS on the grill and BS at the till,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$

Funny how people always find something to complain about

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 220 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard