BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really serious about having this conversation about 2021 TEAMS. These kids are in 5th grade. Get clue in Life and lacrosse. You have too much free time on your hands.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant o say Turf Island , not Igloo as the team that seemed to be right there
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its gonna be a great year. Do we have an early prediction on who has the best chance of being the best team?

Any takers?
I would say Igloo. next Team Long Island. The Express lost a lot of good players, Wildkatz where never as good as the others and their B bracket status shows that. Igloo seemed to be right there but how intact does the team stay? Look at Legacy, two B teams that merged Legacy/Riptide , throw in a few 91 players and some Express guys and they could be in the conversation.
Igloo?
91 Orange?
Team LI?
Wildkats?
Express?

Will it come down to the defense/goaltending? If so its anyone's game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant o say Turf Island , not Igloo as the team that seemed to be right there
Its gonna be a great year. Do we have an early prediction on who has the best chance of being the best team?

Any takers?
I would say Igloo. next Team Long Island. The Express lost a lot of good players, Wildkatz where never as good as the others and their B bracket status shows that. Igloo seemed to be right there but how intact does the team stay? Look at Legacy, two B teams that merged Legacy/Riptide , throw in a few 91 players and some Express guys and they could be in the conversation.
Igloo?
91 Orange?
Team LI?
Wildkats?
Express?

Will it come down to the defense/goaltending? If so its anyone's game.

A number of 91 orange players left the team for other places because they didnt like one of the coaches. Orange might not be as good as everyone thinks. (91 should have changed the head parent coach)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be on the Outlaws team, and we don't expect to be top 3 or top 5 this year, but we will get much better and can beat a team on any given Sunday. I've seen it before and by the time 7,8,9 grade come around the Outlaws will be top 3 and will be getting their kids recruited.

My point is don't take it too seriously in terms of tournament wins in 5th grade... look at player improvement and look at what the older teams are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be on the Outlaws team, and we don't expect to be top 3 or top 5 this year, but we will get much better and can beat a team on any given Sunday. I've seen it before and by the time 7,8,9 grade come around the Outlaws will be top 3 and will be getting their kids recruited.

My point is don't take it too seriously in terms of tournament wins in 5th grade... look at player improvement and look at what the older teams are doing.

This must be the same outlaw father from other threads....keep dreaming about your outlaw teams......they are not top teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict the 91 Orange team has an amazing year over the others. All kids will improve but collectively the talent is better this year than last. I am not saying there are gonna be blowouts (As some teams have near equal talent) but I suspect they will be putting up an 8 spot minimum in every game.

When do we start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange is now there b team. extreme is the A team.
Is that right? Who is going to Halloween Havoc in this age group?
That will be here before you know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No This is 2021, your talking about an older grade
91 Orange is now there b team. extreme is the A team.
Is that right? Who is going to Halloween Havoc in this age group?
That will be here before you know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be the same outlaw father from other threads....keep dreaming about your outlaw teams......they are not top teams

Someone said on one of those threads that this Outlaws team lost to average to below average PAL teams this past summer and the outlaw parent admitted it. That is a long way off from a top 3 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUPREME LOSER THATS ABOUT IT. GET A LIFE!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While a top 3 team may be a stretch I believe his point is by the JV level this grade will shake out. The kids that were expecting to go to certain private schools based on playing for certain clubs or coaches will probably have moved on or are sitting on the bench. The single team clubs that seem to dominate the boards may or may not survive or be "merged" as they are still untested long term. The Outlaws are an established program and have been actively recruiting the players for years. So while this grade level may seem weaker today they could have completely different record and roster 3 years from now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While a top 3 team may be a stretch I believe his point is by the JV level this grade will shake out. The kids that were expecting to go to certain private schools based on playing for certain clubs or coaches will probably have moved on or are sitting on the bench. The single team clubs that seem to dominate the boards may or may not survive or be "merged" as they are still untested long term. The Outlaws are an established program and have been actively recruiting the players for years. So while this grade level may seem weaker today they could have completely different record and roster 3 years from now.

I would hope the plan is to develop the kids the outlaws have now rather then look to get rid of them 3 years from now when better kids come along. That would be awful if these kids on the team today are being used as fillers for the next 3 years. My son's team played them and they seemed like a nice bunch of kids and nice parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the Outlaws are an established program, and Pat Brennan seems to be an honest decent guy. That being said, they are 1900 bucks,Legacy run by former MLL Players is 1300 . Now the Outlaws do do a little bit more, but not 600 dollars worth. And there coaches have better resumes as well as parent asst coaches who will do extra practices. The Outlaws younger kids are parent coaches with a college kid there for the summer. (please do not take this to mean that they dont have good coaches, just not with the same resume) Theres a reason Legacy has had far greater numbers at its tryouts. Now Zummo may be going bargain basement prices until he gets established. But if he runs an equivalent program for far far less I see trouble in SIlver and Black land .

Lastly, what teh poster I quoted was saying was that they dont get their kids better late ron, that they add better kids later on to be competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cannot control other peoples actions, only your own. You might not feel a program is worth the money another person might.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone said on one of those threads that this Outlaws team lost to average to below average PAL teams this past summer and the outlaw parent admitted it. That is a long way off from a top 3 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you

Look at the 4 high school years as of now for Outlaws

2014- at least 20 college recruits and D1 kids approaching 15
2015- solid solid team, not amazing but a lot of D1 talent and commits
2016- great team, tons of D1 talent and a few D1 commits already
2017- good team that just jumped to great this year with addition of new kids while keepin the old kids on the team

What I am saying is they always improve in to premier teams by high school and THAT is when it counts for college. In 3-8 grade worry about your son making friends, becoming a better player and becoming a better kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Apple stock kept going up, till it didnt. Past performance is no guarantee of future success . I would have to see how they did compared to Express or 91 first. I would have to know what colleges are grabbing good lax players or grabbing good students who also play lacrosse. If Igloo stays together you think colleges coaches wont know about them or contact them ? Clubs are srpinging up all over the place, Long Island is a hotspot for lax so plenty of good experience. Do we see a flaw or reason why Zummo will fail and not put forth a program that competes with 91, Express and Outlaws ? and if he does it at a better price ? How many kids get college offer because of their club team and not their HS team, or because they looked good at a showcase? Look at all the HS coaches starting to pressure kids into NOT playing club ball. Not to mention now everyone can film their kid and hire a recruiter . The business is always changing, good money will being in competition . This is not meant to be a slight on the Outlaws, just an honest look of the lay of the land. I also seem to keep hearing the common thred of the Outlaws adding their better players later on , not developing them Only time will tell how all these age groups and their respective organizations do.

Before you

Look at the 4 high school years as of now for Outlaws

2014- at least 20 college recruits and D1 kids approaching 15
2015- solid solid team, not amazing but a lot of D1 talent and commits
2016- great team, tons of D1 talent and a few D1 commits already
2017- good team that just jumped to great this year with addition of new kids while keepin the old kids on the team

What I am saying is they always improve in to premier teams by high school and THAT is when it counts for college. In 3-8 grade worry about your son making friends, becoming a better player and becoming a better kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better talent says with a club. Not always, but mostly. If these more talented kids start with 91 or express or whoever at a younger age, then those teams will be the teams with all the D1 players. The older Outlaw kids now didn't have all these club options 5 years ago. They do now, and the talent has spread out.. And you will see this organization regress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better talent says with a club. Not always, but mostly. If these more talented kids start with 91 or express or whoever at a younger age, then those teams will be the teams with all the D1 players. The older Outlaw kids now didn't have all these club options 5 years ago. They do now, and the talent has spread out.. And you will see this organization regress.

There have been a ton of clubs you don't even recognize that have came on gone of Long Island, these new clubs will come and go and maybe some will stay, but it's happened for a while. There have always been a lot of teams. Survival of the fittest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks,

Who will be at Halloween Havoc and is your team ready?

When do practices start? Who plays A or B? Who wins?

Let the games begin.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/10/redshirting-kindergarten-backfire-education

too bad I couldnt photoshop a la stick into the "kid" with a beards hand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks,

Who will be at Halloween Havoc and is your team ready?

When do practices start? Who plays A or B? Who wins?

Let the games begin.....

All this talk on BOTC of who plays "A" or "B" means nothing. This talk is all based on last summer and things have changed a lot since that time. Teams like the Outlaw,Jesters and Legacy now claim to be "A" teams. It is all talk and who knows it may or may not happen. I see no reason why any team in a year can't go from a C team to a B plus or A minus team or the other way around. Take the 2021 Tomahawks. This past summer they were a B plus to A Minus team. This fall they Lost all the good players and this years tryouts had only 15 kids.They took all the kids who showed up at tryouts and for this coming summer will be a C team at best. Legacy was the opposit. They were a B minus team last summer and had more people show up for tryouts and this year and will be very good. The bottom line is there are teams that got better and teams that got worse. We will find out who is who when play starts. Not here. This stuff is more important to the parents. The kids would not care at all if they did not hear parants talking about "A" teams and "B" teams. No matter what team your child is with I hope all the kids have fun this year, learn and get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Igloo win the Fall Finale in NJ ? Heard that new city Express team went as well. Anyone else ? Wondering how LI did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Igloo win the Fall Finale in NJ ? Heard that new city Express team went as well. Anyone else ? Wondering how LI did

Igloo won 6th grade "A" division played Outlaws Black in Finals and won 10-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo (2021) played Outlaws "Black" 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. 2021 vs 2020 They are real good!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo (2021) played Outlaws "Black" 2020

Yes and won 10-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the B division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 5/6 A division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 5/6 A division.

It was a 5/6 division and igloo is a 5/6 team. They are truly U-11 but in as much as they have 6th graders on their team they are not truly 2021 or 5th grade. Still great U-11 team and great win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 5/6 A division.

It was a 5/6 division and igloo is a 5/6 team. They are truly U-11 but in as much as they have 6th graders on their team they are not truly 2021 or 5th grade. Still great U-11 team and great win.

I have to laugh when I here the whole grade thing and age thing ....I look at Pal rosters and how many kids should be in the grade above because of there age . So how many kids that play on 2021 travel teams should or could be on 2020 teams . US lacrosse needs to set a standard and all need to follow .....Alll I can say is stop holding your kids back .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, I don’t understand. The 2021 Igloo team has 6th graders on the team? Shouldn’t that require them to play in the 2020 division? I saw them play at the Halloween Havoc in the 2021 division and I think they won it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 5th graders!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, I don’t understand. The 2021 Igloo team has 6th graders on the team? Shouldn’t that require them to play in the 2020 division? I saw them play at the Halloween Havoc in the 2021 division and I think they won it!

No different from every other 5th grade 2021 team .... No 6th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhh....The want to say they are the best at 2021 but....if there are 6th graders on the team they are NOT legitimate. Period. If this is the case, they are a 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would all be put to rest if we used BIRTH year and not GRADUATION year. If this was the case you would see a lot less parents holding back for "ACADEMIC " purposes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt. What happens if akid is really smart and skips a grade ? I
This would all be put to rest if we used BIRTH year and not GRADUATION year. If this was the case you would see a lot less parents holding back for "ACADEMIC " purposes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.

False. There Are zero fifth graders on the 4th grade igloo team. Igloo 2022 is all fourth graders an all u-10, period.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard