BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any input on JA or MH as coaches for 2018 white?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do u guys think superstar 365 is going to do this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Run for the hills like 8 players per year did with 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run for the hills like 8 players per year did with 2020

Bring prepared.....watch you son and many others get ridiculed by JA for making a bad pass. You may want to reconsider the invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask for your deposit back! One of the most smug,negative coaches I have ever seen. I would question why 91 would promote him to 2018. He is what is wrong with youth sports. He yells at every official, most opposing coaches and his own players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe his assistant will keep him in check and be positive with the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He had a good asst with 2020 and made no difference. Whether it is indoor,pal or travel he does the same thing. I am appalled by his behavior I have witnessed on multiple occasions. What is his playing resume?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for him this past year, and none of the comments are what we experienced. He was extremely dedicated to the kids who committed themselves to the team, showed up for practice and put in constant effort. He was dedicated with his time, he never missed a practice, made every effort to set up full winter league along with year round practices. The kids were not yelled at, he taught them what they were doing wrong. His input was very truthful, some may not like that approach, unfortunately you may not always want the honest answer about your kids performance. He gave specific input to each of the kids, I don't think any of the people commenting attended his practices and observed the coaching the boys got, they were not yelled. The only true comments were that had words with the refs, in defense of the boys on the team, but not more than any of the other coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the post. Glad it was a different view than the last one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask for your deposit back! One of the most smug,negative coaches I have ever seen. I would question why 91 would promote him to 2018. He is what is wrong with youth sports. He yells at every official, most opposing coaches and his own players.

I disagree with you. I have a son that played for him and loved it. There are two sides to every story and this is my side. Faceless attacks are just that. Could this be a person whos son got cut or didnt get the playing time they thought little johnny should have had. Most probably. I think hes a great coach who is dedicated to his players and makes them accountable.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This couldn't be any further from the truth, he is a complete jack***

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously some like him and some hate him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always 2 sides to every story and usually more than that. My son played for ja 2 years ago and we left voluntarily. I felt that although he was good to many kids and families, there was more bad than good. Playing time was not the reason why so many kids left nor from people cut.People left because kids and the parents do not accept abusive behavior to their own kids and who do want others to go foward without open eye. Look at the team pictures from 2 years ago, early last year and at the end of the year. There is a reason for such dramatic turnover. Moving to another progam, I am only upset that we didnt leave this coach earlier. We blinded by medals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree with you. I have a son that played for him and loved it. There are two sides to every story and this is my side. Faceless attacks are just that. Could this be a person whos son got cut or didnt get the playing time they thought little johnny should have had. Most probably. I think hes a great coach who is dedicated to his players and makes them accountable.

Makes them accountable? Lol.

Damn irresponsible 9 year olds!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like those anonymous posts supporting him could be some good PR by the organization. Perhaps even put there by himself. If a poster who was not anonymous came on a supported him, I might believe it. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire with these guys. On another note, why play for the 91 B team when you could probably make another Club's A team. A team's get most of the organizations attention. They will also play the best competition. I could see if it was Express and you felt pressure because your son was going to Cham or St A's. But 91 B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for ja two years ago. It is well documented about his behavior to kids, refs, and everything else. He does have a lot of kids leave, his coaching style is not for everyone.
For what it is worth my son refused to play for him- he was a starter- went to a different organization that was not as talented as ja team last year and had a much better time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like those anonymous posts supporting him could be some good PR by the organization. Perhaps even put there by himself. If a poster who was not anonymous came on a supported him, I might believe it. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire with these guys. On another note, why play for the 91 B team when you could probably make another Club's A team. A team's get most of the organizations attention. They will also play the best competition. I could see if it was Express and you felt pressure because your son was going to Cham or St A's. But 91 B team?

91's B team is better then 90% of the A teams that are out there. That is why you play for them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So OMG Why is he still coaching for 91 if everyone is complaining how negative and abusive he is to kids or did you say nothing to the director???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what about the anonymous posts attacking him. Could it be competition from other clubs. Come on. Your post makes a case for both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what about the anonymous posts attacking him. Could it be competition from other clubs. Come on. Your post makes a case for both sides.

Competition from another club.? Are you serious? For what reason? Go watch him in action at any of his PAL or Team 91 games. Everything said is accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91's B team is better then 90% of the A teams that are out there. That is why you play for them...

How silly. Yeah go win the B bracket at the beach fest blast. It's not about meaningless tournament wins. It's about playing the best competition. Your A team will play the best, your B team won't. That's a fact. They won't play identical schedules. Another clubs A team will play the toughest competition, may not win all the time, but that's how your son will get better, by challenging himself as a player. Your son's travel lacrosse participation should have little or nothing to do with team wins and losses, that's for the business owner. (Club Director) It should be all about your son's personal development and growth as a player. I'd much rather my son be on A team that goes .500 than play on B team and win all the B brackets and easy A bracket tourns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the Long Island teams attending the Dicks U13 in Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I dont se a team from anywhere in the US giving the LI or Baltimore teams a game I am talking True U13, and really that list only includes about 4 maybe 5 teams i now it does not answer your question anyone going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What HS and at what level does JA coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ATTENTION DIRECTORS OF 91 SAL AND GEORGE HOPE ALL THIS NEGATIVE ABUSIVE TALK ABOUT COACH JA IS NOT TRUE. BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO PLAYERS WHO WANT TO LEARN AND LOVE THE GAME AND PARENTS WHO JUST PAID YOUR DEPOSIT. YOUR ORGANIZATION IS ONE OF THE BEST THAT IS WHY I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD ALLOW SOMEONE TO COACH IF IT THEY ARE NOT UP TO YOUR HIGH STANDARDS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ATTENTION DIRECTORS OF 91 SAL AND GEORGE HOPE ALL THIS NEGATIVE ABUSIVE TALK ABOUT COACH JA IS NOT TRUE. BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO PLAYERS WHO WANT TO LEARN AND LOVE THE GAME AND PARENTS WHO JUST PAID YOUR DEPOSIT. YOUR ORGANIZATION IS ONE OF THE BEST THAT IS WHY I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD ALLOW SOMEONE TO COACH IF IT THEY ARE NOT UP TO YOUR HIGH STANDARDS.

6 of you will be asking for your money back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the organization is taking a hit at 2018. they use to bill it as 2 "A" teams. Now the "second A" team is desimated and players are running for the hills. Extreme players are displaced by kids moving up by talent and nepotism. fl$, Team LI and Express get new platers and new money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know orange team players are running for hills?
I thought it was ja team running for hills

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably doesn't realize that 91 now has two a teams at the A level. Those teams are called extreme and orange. They are two different teams. JA now coach's the white team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after starting this program last year they were close to challenging and beating all the top teams you can name - i have heard that they have upped the game again this year - should be fun to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after starting this program last year they were close to challenging and beating all the top teams you can name - i have heard that they have upped the game again this year - should be fun to watch

Umm which program is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea how long before Express notifies who made it and who didn't for 2018? They had the final tryouts yesterday at Kellenberg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea how long before Express notifies who made it and who didn't for 2018? They had the final tryouts yesterday at Kellenberg.

Wednesday they told us. That was controlled lax chaos yesterday. Two tryouts (2018 &2017) and several teams practicing. It was like program day for the Express. Nice to see where this sport has gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wednesday they told us. That was controlled lax chaos yesterday. Two tryouts (2018 &2017) and several teams practicing. It was like program day for the Express. Nice to see where this sport has gone.

Controlled Chaos??? The 2018 tryout was from 12 to 1:30pm and 2017 from 2 to 3:30pm which during that time on a separate field a practice was being run for some younger teams.... I thought it was run very well and plenty of lacrosse game time for all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm which program is that?

I think its the same guy asking how Superstar 365 looks, maybe answering his own questions.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None at all !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree
My son's group went til 1:45pm, wth refs on the field as well as the coaches.
It was done correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts are usually well run. However, the Express chaos begins after you get your invite email ...

You might think it easy to determine the following:

1. What "level" your son's team is (B or C ... A teams are told they are A teams, but in the recent past even the top A teams in certain grades were confused).
2. When and where you are practicing and how often.
3. What other Express teams, players and grades will be on the same practice field as your son and his team, and what coaches are running that practice.
4. How many kids are actually on the team roster.
5. What exactly you get for the fee.
6. What is not included, but will be offered (winter, etc.).
7. What the extra costs will be.

Expect the unexpected and be prepared to be unprepared. Surprises await you in Expressland! Been there ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which tryout you were at but it appeared to me that they tryout was a little too slow. No chaos, fields too far apart for the evaluators to really look at all the players.

Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard