BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are the Wildcatz and where are they based. Can't find anything on BOTC

Try-out info just posted as its own thread.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol...igloo beat them yet are still holding tryouts. Obviously some holes in their line up. Maybe instead of constantly pointing out who they beat you should worry about whether or not its your kid they're looking to replace.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe a few kids who are in the bottom of Igloos talent pool want to go somewhere else and be top dog. Maybe they systematically do tryouts every year to assure getting the best available 20 kids . In any case, hats off to them , they are the best at their age right now

Yes they are, but if you're the best and your coaches are the best maybe you should work those kids at the bottom. I mean its not like they play everyone anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do the Wildcatz practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Few times I have spoken with the Wildkatz coach and some parents it became clear what this team wants to do. They feel they are able to push around the top teams not only on Long Island but in other states as well. I did see a few Wildkatz games against some of Long Island's elite or "A" teams and the WildKatz bullied them. The other teams defense did not want any body contact with the Wildkatz players. They know this is the way to win and they are looking for even bigger tougher players in this years tryouts! It will be fun to see if this works for them next year as it did this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way to win? What have they won so far? Skillful players and teamwork win games. Wildkatz is a "B" level team and always will be with that approach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing wrong with a physical lacrosse team. So long as they keep it clean. Are you claiming they take cheat shots? Does anyone know the whereabouts they practice? Or is it a secret Katz-cave? Anyone willing to share experiences other then boasting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Few times I have spoken with the Wildkatz coach and some parents it became clear what this team wants to do. They feel they are able to push around the top teams not only on Long Island but in other states as well. I did see a few Wildkatz games against some of Long Island's elite or "A" teams and the WildKatz bullied them. The other teams defense did not want any body contact with the Wildkatz players. They know this is the way to win and they are looking for even bigger tougher players in this years tryouts! It will be fun to see if this works for them next year as it did this year.

This is getting a little out of hand now.

<<Note to Readers : The remainder of this post has been removed as we have confirmed that the poster was NOT a part of the Wild Katz program and had posted incorrect information. That poster has subsequently lost access rights to BOTC.>>

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not on this team but I spoke with the coach a few weeks ago and he told me they start after football season.The winter stuff is indoors and in Hauppauge and they join a league but I'm not sure if they also practice in the winter or just do the league . They Join a spring league in Oyster Bay. Spring/ Summer practices are held in Center Moriches. He said in all they do 50 practices a year, Spring and winter Leagues and I think he said 6 summer turnaments some out of state. He said the cost is $750. Tryouts is $25. Again I am not with this team but most of the info should be correct. Also he said what the other post states that they want to be a big tough talented team to beat the Elite teams.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is getting a little out of hand now.
Dear "Assistant Coach" : Please contact us immediately here at BOTC either via a private message or via our e-mail address at cagesage@backofthecage.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen this Wildkatz team play. They are big and they have big aggressive Kids that get to the cage and can't be stopped by a defense that does not check very hard and clean. The elite teams defense had a lot of trouble stopping them from getting to the cage in the games I saw even though the elite teams had a lot more talent. We will see what happens this comming year if the elite don't find a way to counter this somehow.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do I get the feeling that most of these post are coming from some one not associated with the wild kats.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
Dear "Assistant Coach" : Please contact us immediately here at BOTC either via a private message or via our e-mail address at cagesage@backofthecage.com.
why do I get the feeling that most of these post are coming from some one not associated with the wild kats.
Trust me - when BOTC sets out to identify an "Assistant Coach", we never fail.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC spoke via e-mail with a staff representative from the Wild Katz and confirmed that the malicious and offensive posts were not associated with the team. We have now remediated the situation and consider that part of the Boys 2021 discussion closed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express shouldn't even be in the top five...and wildkatz need to move down a few

I dont know about Express not being top 5 , if we say for the sake of argument that Igloo, 91 , Turf Island are better thats only 3. They beat TLI . WHo bumos them out of the top 5?

Heard turf island 2021 "a" team is splitting up. Any truth to that?

Their coach has his picture on the website for a newly formed group. I would assume the Rockville Centre kids are following him there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express shouldn't even be in the top five...and wildkatz need to move down a few

I dont know about Express not being top 5 , if we say for the sake of argument that Igloo, 91 , Turf Island are better thats only 3. They beat TLI . WHo bumos them out of the top 5?

Heard turf island 2021 "a" team is splitting up. Any truth to that?

Their coach has his picture on the website for a newly formed group. I would assume the Rockville Centre kids are following him there.

Did any of the kids stay with Turf Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 2021 Tomahawks? I heard the coaches left and the best players are already on other teams. I was at the Jesters tryout yesterday and spoke with a Tomahawk parent who did not know much about the situation. From reading BOTC everyone thought they were very good this past Summer. Who will be the coach and what talent is left?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What happened to the 2021 Tomahawks? I heard the coaches left and the best players are already on other teams. I was at the Jesters tryout yesterday and spoke with a Tomahawk parent who did not know much about the situation. From reading BOTC everyone thought they were very good this past Summer. Who will be the coach and what talent is left?
Unfortunately, BOTC did not hear from the Tomahawks during this tryout season so we have no visibility into what happened with any of their age groups. There were several attempts to add information to their 2012 tryouts thread which eventually forced us to lock the thread.

We can point out that when communication typically halts, there are some type of management changes behind the scenes which creates a void inside the club. That might or might not be the case here, but it will take individual parents involved with their teams to share the updates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a some of their better players where at Jesters tryouts. Heard the Tomahawks had a pretty good team last year, not sure why they broke up with the coach leaving but if the Jesters pick up a few of those players they will have a stronger team building on what they did last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a some of their better players where at Jesters tryouts. Heard the Tomahawks had a pretty good team last year, not sure why they broke up with the coach leaving but if the Jesters pick up a few of those players they will have a stronger team building on what they did last year

Tomahawks had a bunch of "A" to elite players. Where did they go? I know it could not be the Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Deleted Post>>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tomahawks had a bunch of "A" to elite players. Where did they go? I know it could not be the Jesters.

yep -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Tomahawks team had a very good B+ team last season. The head coach is not returning and the assistant has moved onto another program. The majority of kids from last years team have already committed to other programs. The kids follow their town coaches and unfortunately they have moved on. Tomahawks are good people and they will surely have a program for 2021, it just depends on who the coaches are to draw kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and fl$ have taken the top several.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the players you are talking about. None of them tried out for the jesters. I was told a few are already on two or three teams. They are not returning to the Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$ has never had been a strong youth program and most won't go in that direction. They are very good at the old levels where they have historically done well. Jesters won the fl$ tournmenet for the last 2 years with fl$ in the mix...Also for Tony Barron left fl$ to become the 2-5 grade Youth Director for Jesters- says something...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the players you are talking about. None of them tried out for the jesters. I was told a few are already on two or three teams. They are not returning to the Tomahawks.

If they are teams already - how can that be since the "better" clubs haven't all released there rosters at the time of this posting. If your thinking Express B or C - Jester competed with them and beat them in a few meetings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$ has never had been a strong youth program and most won't go in that direction. They are very good at the old levels where they have historically done well. Jesters won the fl$ tournmenet for the last 2 years with fl$ in the mix...Also for Tony Barron left fl$ to become the 2-5 grade Youth Director for Jesters- says something...

I don't have a horse in this race but you are talking about the fl$ LIte team that has no cuts and everyone plays equal.This year fl$ had Cuts so it is not the same program or team. Double check your facts on who won 2021 division at the fl$ Tournement. I may be wrong but I remember it being fl$ and I also remember the jesters had a 6-6 tie (very early morning game) with the fl$ LITE non cut everyone plays equal time team. So it would not surprise me if some of the tomahawks elite players went to fl$. Last year does not matter and does not reflect what will happen next summer as you know the Jesters lost thier best players also. One may argue that it seems like Jesters and fl$ are going in different directions. Good luck to all the kids and teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo and fl$ have taken the top several.

Some parents have no clue. They win a consolation game and they think they won the tourney. Here are the results from the the fl$ tourney which fl$ did win with a none select team with equal play time:

A
TEAM 91-2021
PATRIOT 2021
EXPRESS-2021TERPS
JESTERS 2021
PRIMETIME 2021
fl$-2021 NAVY

GAME # DATE TIME HOME VISITORS LOCATION
910164 SA JUN 15
7:00 AM
fl$-2021 NAVY - 6 JESTERS 2021 - 6 MF 1
910165 SA JUN 15
PATRIOT 2021 - 4 PRIMETIME 2021 - 7 MF 2
910163 SA JUN 15
TEAM 91-2021 - 12 EXPRESS-2021TERPS - 4 MF 3
910168 SA JUN 15
9:00 AM
fl$-2021 NAVY - 3 PRIMETIME 2021 - 2 MF 1
910167 SA JUN 15
PATRIOT 2021 - 10 EXPRESS-2021TERPS - 3 MF 2
910166 SA JUN 15
TEAM 91-2021 - 3 JESTERS 2021 - 5 MF 3
910171 SA JUN 15
11:00 AM
fl$-2021 NAVY - 15 EXPRESS-2021TERPS - 1 MF 1
910170 SA JUN 15
PATRIOT 2021 - 6 JESTERS 2021 - 4 MF 2
910169 SA JUN 15
TEAM 91-2021 - 6 PRIMETIME 2021 - 10 MF 3
• • CONSOLATION • •
910172 SU JUN 16
PATRIOT 2021 - 7 JESTERS 2021 - 9 MF 1
910174 SU JUN 16
TEAM 91-2021 - 13 EXPRESS-2021TERPS - 2 MF 4
• • CHAMPIONSHIP • •
910173 SU JUN 16
fl$-2021 NAVY - 7 PRIMETIME 2021 - 4 MF 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a horse in this race but you are talking about the fl$ LIte team that has no cuts and everyone plays equal.This year fl$ had Cuts so it is not the same program or team. Double check your facts on who won 2021 division at the fl$ Tournement. I may be wrong but I remember it being fl$ and I also remember the jesters had a 6-6 tie (very early morning game) with the fl$ LITE non cut everyone plays equal time team. So it would not surprise me if some of the tomahawks elite players went to fl$. Last year does not matter and does not reflect what will happen next summer as you know the Jesters lost thier best players also. One may argue that it seems like Jesters and fl$ are going in different directions. Good luck to all the kids and teams.

Someone without a horse in the race has allot to say and a quoted fact checker. There term elite here is relative - we aren't talking 91 orange players. Come on stop building up fl$ just because your kid now plays for them and 91, Express and all the other clubs haven't selected their teams yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Jesters lost their best players their where then some very good players at the tryouts, day one drills with really good ball movement and some very skilled players, day two scrimmage and saw some pretty strong players - I think they will be fine. Love people who take out of the sides if their mouth to build up a team and tear down another for the sake of building their own ego and false perception of own kids place in the world of travel lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know and found out today that some the best Tomahawk players are already with other teams. A few of them (not sure how many) went to fl$ and 2 of them found out today they made Igloo. That does not mean there are none left. I'm sure some are trying out for the Jesters. So everyone please calm down. That Tomahawk team had many great players just no depth. To answer the original question it seems none of the top Tomahawk players for 2021 are returning. Lets end this topic now since the original question was answered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Tomahawk parents don't like the drama in youth lacrosse. All the parents were respectful and nice as were the kids on that 2021 team. To all those Tomahawk parents that are going to switch to the Jesters I think you should read the Jesters thread about what happened to the 2021 Jesters team this past summer. Kind of shocking. Also look at this thread and see how the Jesters parents reacted to a simple question about where the Tomahawk players are going.I think you are better off with the Tomahawks. Avoid the drama and stay with the Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Tomahawk parents don't like the drama in youth lacrosse. All the parents were respectful and nice as were the kids on that 2021 team. To all those Tomahawk parents that are going to switch to the Jesters I think you should read the Jesters thread about what happened to the 2021 Jesters team this past summer. Kind of shocking. Also look at this thread and see how the Jesters parents reacted to a simple question about where the Tomahawk players are going.I think you are better off with the Tomahawks. Avoid the drama and stay with the Tomahawks.

And you believe everything you read?

What happened to jesters 2021 this past summer? The won championship in 3 out of 5 tournaments and progressed well individually and as a team. This coming year some of the younger 2022's that played with 2021 last year will drop down to the appropriate jester's 2022 team.

You mention tomahawk parents don't like drama. Apparently you like encouraging it.

Jester's 2021 will build from last year and be even stronger, good kids and good people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Every strong B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you believe everything you read?

What happened to jesters 2021 this past summer? The won championship in 3 out of 5 tournaments and progressed well individually and as a team. This coming year some of the younger 2022's that played with 2021 last year will drop down to the appropriate jester's 2022 team.

You mention tomahawk parents don't like drama. Apparently you like encouraging it.

Jester's 2021 will build from last year and be even stronger, good kids and good people.

Time to move on. Nice spirt which is good. We learned a lot about these teams. Everyone should make an informed decision before they select a team. What happened last year is just that last year. Read the threads on the Jesters and Tomahawks and look at what info seems credible and make a choice. Dont listen to most of this stuff. Parents here are comenting on kids they never saw play and have different definitions of what a good player is. So when someone says there was good talent at a tryout may hear another person look at that and say it was great talent and a third person may look and say that talent was not so good. OK so now we know two of the Better Tomahawk Players went to igloo. We also know a few more of the better tomahawk players went to fl$ apparently last week because that is when they had to put a deposit down. We know the Jesters had talent at tryouts this past weekend. Lets move on because at this point in time because parents of kids who still dont have a team are running out of options and should focus on choosing a team and those parents who have kids on a team should be looking at the practices thae are starting soon for those teams that are already selected. Good luck and make an informed decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Tomahawks team had a very good B+ team last season. The head coach is not returning and the assistant has moved onto another program. The majority of kids from last years team have already committed to other programs. The kids follow their town coaches and unfortunately they have moved on. Tomahawks are good people and they will surely have a program for 2021, it just depends on who the coaches are to draw kids.

Who will coach the 2021 Tomahawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its gonna be a great year. Do we have an early prediction on who has the best chance of being the best team?

Any takers?

Igloo?
91 Orange?
Team LI?
Wildkats?
Express?

Will it come down to the defense/goaltending? If so its anyone's game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its gonna be a great year. Do we have an early prediction on who has the best chance of being the best team?

Any takers?

Igloo?
91 Orange?
Team LI?
Wildkats?
Express?

ICON

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us at igloo think we are supreme and above all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any takers?
I would say Igloo. next Team Long Island. The Express lost a lot of good players, Wildkatz where never as good as the others and their B bracket status shows that. Igloo seemed to be right there but how intact does the team stay? Look at Legacy, two B teams that merged Legacy/Riptide , throw in a few 91 players and some Express guys and they could be in the conversation.
Igloo?
91 Orange?
Team LI?
Wildkats?
Express?

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard