BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what your problem is....both the green & gold teams played EVERYONE at each tourney....its not optimal? they mixed the line-ups as well....it would be the same as if you played on a club team...same tourneys, exposure is the same. If you are saying that the wm teams did not play everyone you are absolutely wrong. There were many games that the wm was winning
and they played everyone....and it cost them the game. Coaches didnt have a problem with the outcome because they wanted to get as many players game time experience. Thats what counts in the summer, so you can go into next spring with a lot depth & make a strong run for a championship. It sounds to me that you werent happy with the amount of interest you & your son received from college coachs...how much effort did you & your son put in on your own? how many showcase camps did your son go to?
any? if the interest was low on those & the wm team tourneys
open your eyes....go to a club pay your $$$ & your son will be in the same spot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not sure what your problem is....both the green & gold teams played EVERYONE at each tourney....its not optimal? they mixed the line-ups as well....it would be the same as if you played on a club team...same tourneys, exposure is the same. If you are saying that the wm teams did not play everyone you are absolutely wrong. There were many games that the wm was winning
and they played everyone....and it cost them the game. Coaches didnt have a problem with the outcome because they wanted to get as many players game time experience. Thats what counts in the summer, so you can go into next spring with a lot depth & make a strong run for a championship. It sounds to me that you werent happy with the amount of interest you & your son received from college coachs...how much effort did you & your son put in on your own? how many showcase camps did your son go to?
open your eyes....go to a club pay your $$$ & your son will be in the same spot.

And that is why some of your players played for both town and club and never said anything, because they got enough time on the field with the town with a roster of 30. You can really get a lot of PT with that size roster. Keep seeing everything through your rose colored glasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that is why some of your players played for both town and club and never said anything, because they got enough time on the field with the town with a roster of 30. You can really get a lot of PT with that size roster. Keep seeing everything through your rose colored glasses.

That is why you play club. To play more and play with better players. Hey HS coaches - those of you are guilty of this get down from the ivory tower and become part of the solution. Only you have the power. Because if collaborated - the kids will do both, play more and everyone will be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This trend has reached a new level in Ward Melville. For years, the youth program has said if you play outside of our 3 village program you can’t play on the town travel team. That was fine and everyone understood their options. Some families stayed with the town program, but some also left for select teams like express, 91 team LI...The families that left generally have either really good players that wanted more competition than town team tournaments, or players that weren’t as strong that weren’t getting playing time on the town team. It was sad that the teams lost players and the boys lost the opportunity to practice and play with their friends, but generally it worked out ok for all.

Now, at the HS travel level they have two teams-Green and Gold (JV and Varsity) being coached by HS coaches. At the recent try-outs, there were approximately 100 boys for roughly 50 spots. There were several boys trying out that had previously played on select teams (all whom are now very strong players). Having talked to some of those families I learned that they were trying out to make sure the HS coaches knew their kid existed…

At the end of the try-out, the coaches thanked all for the boys for trying out and were pretty open about their expectations. They don’t want any Ward Melville boys playing outside of their reams. The threat is clear, play elsewhere and you have no shot at playing on the Varsity team ever. Now, for most of the boys, the threat is really nonsense as the HS varsity team rarely plays more than 12 or 13 boys during any game (except for last Q in a blowout, starters don’t leave the field). So unless you have a real shot to be one of those 12 or 13, you should tell the coach to jump off the local bridge. However, if you have a shot to be one of those, then you are in a ridiculous bind. The coaches want the boys together because they say it makes the HS team stronger and it is a fair point. But all the boys want the chance to play. So if you are one of the 12 or 13 you get looked at by colleges and have a shot to get recruited, but if your are not and only play at junk time, no one ever sees you.

The summer team plays 5 tournaments and so unless you are on of the 12 or 13, you need to get really lucky to get an opportunity for a college coach to see you do anything…It is left to each kid to figure out how to get himself recruited.

The net result in WM is that at any given time there are 10 kids that won’t see the field that would get a starting job at most other HS programs. They are giving up their shot to play and get looked at by colleges (remember D II and D III are really great options for most kids) –all to make the HS program stronger???

In my humble opinion this is a completely inappropriate use of power by a HS coach, by a school district and a complete shame. I have heard a rumor that Smithtown is making a similar threat and as a result I suspect Turtles team will also be impacted as some will choose HS team over Turtle team.

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

Agree with poster about WM summer program. If your kid is not in their view (which is clearly blurry at times) better off playing for travel programs at your grade level. This program does nothing for the above average player who is not the stud of the program. Kids who can clearly play for lower DI, DII or DIII programs this system does not help them at all. With over 25 kids on a roster and the mismanagement of how many positional players they have placed on the teams your kid may see only a few minutes in the game. It is a disgrace that such a powerhouse lacrosse town can not do more for these kids who fall between the cracks of the system. Having been through the system it is a shame, disgrace that they haven't figured out it is not the best possible system to help more kids play at the collegiate level than the starting guys on the field. When is anyone going to step up and question what is being done? Where are the board members of 3V lacrosse...oh yeh...they are all on the top team.

I am glad that I no longer have to have my kids going through this debacle but I feel for those kids and parents who are being pushed to the side when they should figure out a way to develop all the talent that is there not just the chosen few. The system is broken so fix it.

How dare you question the coaches or the 3V Board? They are the best! If you do not believe that they are the best I suggest that you go and ask them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30 players on each of green and gold??? Come on, there is no way everyone gets a decent amount of playing time? How can any of them get recruited if they never get a chance?????

All the other club team are running low 20s. WM summer is a crock, money grab, waste of time. Keep your one town one team noneseense.

I give it two years before the parents with nerve push hard enough that the district is forced to tell the HS coaches to stay out of summer. Two years tops, suck for the people there now. You probably have one or two loud mouth fathers that pushed for this rediculous plan. What is wrong with the rest of the WM people, the koolaid is spiked?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good one...and in 2 years you will have the same thing, people like you with kids that are at best average players who think they should be recruited to play lax in college wont have the phones ringing either...sounds like you're another wm parent with no clue about this game. keep crying, great eaxample for your super star son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you say never get a chance? its not up to the hs to "get you recruited" has your spoiled kid gotten off his [lacrosse]
and contacted coaches? gone to individual "showcase events"?
HS coaches can help you, but its up to the player to help himself. Maybe your kid just isn't that good yet? this forum is loaded with clueless parents like yourself who drank the
" i live in stony brook, my kid bought a wm helmet & he will be a super star lax player" koolaid. keep crying.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How can you say never get a chance? its not up to the hs to "get you recruited" has your spoiled kid gotten off his [lacrosse]
and contacted coaches? gone to individual "showcase events"?
HS coaches can help you, but its up to the player to help himself. Maybe your kid just isn't that good yet? this forum is loaded with clueless parents like yourself who drank the
" i live in stony brook, my kid bought a wm helmet & he will be a super star lax player" koolaid. keep crying.
Teaching more parents about the recruiting cycles and process is one of the purposes of BOTC's Main Forums and College Forums. Parents and student-athletes that are better informed will be less subject to the exclusive direction provided by their lacrosse club in the recruiting process. Information is king in the college reruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good one...and in 2 years you will have the same thing, people like you with kids that are at best average players who think they should be recruited to play lax in college wont have the phones ringing either...sounds like you're another wm parent with no clue about this game. keep crying, great eaxample for your super star son.

Would love to hear from cage or parents outside of WM regarding current structured program. As it stands they have 2 teams Green (considered A team) and Gold (considered B team) each with about 30 kids on roster. Grades are mixed so can have rising freshman to rising juniors on teams. They are not straight grade level. Is this the best way to get kids exposed....even those kids that are as above parent puts it "at best average players" on a WM team who can still play DII and DIII? Again, isn't that the crux of the program to get all kids playing at the next level????

Not just the kids of ignorant, selfish parents who live vicariously through their children and are so blinded by the a$@ kissing that they don't even realize it is not the best system !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM thinks they are better than everyone else-please guys, express, 91 and anyone of those teams are better than any of your best teams. At most you have two or three kids that could even start on one of those teams.

Wake up, your kids-other than top two or three arent getting recruited. You guys drank the koolaid big time-

Just as many kids from Comsewogue and SHoreham getting recruited as WM. Smithtown many more??? why because those kids are playing for clubs and your kids are stuck...

For the parents that dont have the kid getting recruited, wake up and join a club team before your kid losses his chance...

tell the overbearing parents to step off--you know the guys on here that are posting that everyone is a whinniy baby--plain old bully mentality.

Wake up, the world does not revolve around WM lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Would love to hear from cage or parents outside of WM regarding current structured program.
Honestly, no interest and no comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lISTEN I BELIEVE THE CLUB TEAMS HAVE BENEFITED NOT THE KIDS THESE KIDS THAT YOU TALK ABOUT WOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED WITHOUT YOUR CLUB TEAM THESE INDIVIDUALS PUT THE CLUBS ON THE MAP. IF ANYONE OF THOSE KIDS STAYED WITH THERE SCHOOL PROGRAM THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED. SO YES PLAYER S FROM mELVILLE ,wEST . sMITHTOWN WEST AND EAST, West Islip would have been recruited even if they played for there home teams. you at the clubs benefit. you blow alot of smoke up peoples butt and collect the money and many kids don't get recruited . all the players from your a programs would have been recuited no matter where they played i will be impressed when you b,c,d and e team kids get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caps dont make it more important or true. Clubs have gotten many more kids recruited than any HS program. To say otherwise is simply not true. Please check your facts, and try and type without caps...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lISTEN I BELIEVE THE CLUB TEAMS HAVE BENEFITED NOT THE KIDS THESE KIDS THAT YOU TALK ABOUT WOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED WITHOUT YOUR CLUB TEAM THESE INDIVIDUALS PUT THE CLUBS ON THE MAP. IF ANYONE OF THOSE KIDS STAYED WITH THERE SCHOOL PROGRAM THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED. SO YES PLAYER S FROM mELVILLE ,wEST . sMITHTOWN WEST AND EAST, West Islip would have been recruited even if they played for there home teams. you at the clubs benefit. you blow alot of smoke up peoples butt and collect the money and many kids don't get recruited . all the players from your a programs would have been recuited no matter where they played i will be impressed when you b,c,d and e team kids get recruited.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Hopefully your child benefited from it. That is not the issue! The issue is that parents and kids should have the opportunity to choose their own path without it being held against them by their Varsity coach. Sure some kids will be seen playing for their HS team, some won't and would be better off with their travel team! When it comes down to it the coaches want to make MONEY and this is an easy way to do it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the elite clubs gets more exposure then the school teams unless the school is a top notch program. BUT what about the good players that arent quite superstars and dont play for a top ranked HS? Is there any recruiting benefit for these kids playing at the club level? Do Club "B" teams even get looks from recruiters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you miss the point. Those kids would have been recruited anyway. Can you really say the club teams did it or maybe the individuals talent. If the boy or girl is a player they are going to get recruited. Guess what as I said before when your b,c,d,and e team players get recruited then we can talk but until then if you can't get an A player recruited shame on you. They would be recruited from anywhere so the club team sales pitch is a crook. Get out there and practice and improve your skills and you will end up somewhere. Fundamentals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with play where you want but don't tell me taht the club teams are the second comming. It still comes down to the player and if you have the skills and the IQ you don't need the club ,you can play anywhere and the coaches will find you. I have seen many kids that have played the club circuit and went to camps and still have not landed anywhere. It comes down to your talent and wall ball ,practice and fundamentals all help you get better not the club circuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, the HS plays from Feb to June with 5 summer tournys...clubs are playing year round.

It means more pratice for those of you that still dont get it.

next, if your HS features the stud--which they all do--he is the one that the recruiters come to see. The better than average kid never gets a realistic chance to show his/her talent during school ball.

If you think all those coaches on the sidelines during summer are watching every kid in the summer tourny's you are nuts. Have you been to any of the events? I have, they are watching the 4 kids they are trying to recruit, a kid that wasnt on their radar is wasting his time.

So, drum roll, it is up to the kid and his parents to get the kid noticed. If your HS will not feature your son (remember the state champs at WM are sending like 4 kids to play at college, the rest are not playing at the next level) and one of those kids never set foot on the field until this year and so he got no looks until now. Cornell told him you can come to our school as a walk on.

so, for all but the three or four studs, and we know that on WM there are ten kids (same goes for east and west and sachem and lots of schools) that will be better off playing their summers at a club. Anyone that tells you different is drinking the HS koolaid.

Not every kid can play at top level D-1, but lots of kids can play at second level D-1 and D11 and D111.

Parents need to realize that no one will do this work for your kid except you, not the HS for sure. Club structure is hear to stay because the model works and they provide a helpful service and give more opportunity to shine. it is simple, more practice, more events, more opportunity.

How much playing time can any kid get, even the stud, with 30 kids on a team and a 40 minute game??? Math is math, wake up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wah, wah, wah...

Just go to travel teams if you don't like to see what's going on.
There are many travel teams willing to take your $$$.
Sorry your son did not make the WM team(s) but have some class!
Tell your son work hard so he will be ready for next Spring WM tryout.
Whining does not get you anywhere.
Hard work does!
3V and WM Eilte programs are doing great job.
Keep it up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be fortunate to play within a H.S. program that plays together in the summer. That program has put well over a hundred kids (probably closer to 200) into college programs in the last decade. Many of these kids didn't get much playing time during school season but do see time in the summer program. D2&3 coaches know they come from a quality program with great coaching and reputation. The kids and parents buy into this system because it has produced a nationally ranked power with numerous state, LI, and county titles. Many of the younger kids also play on travel teams. However, when they get to H.S., the school summer program comes first. My fear is this may change in the not too distant future because some of these younger kids are playing for the top club teams and may feel as many of you do that they should play with the best players. This H.S. has kids who have played at A.C.C, Big Ten, Ivy schools so it is not like the coaches don't recruit them. I don't believe the coaches at this program are in it for the money because the costs are fairly low and if they started their own club program , I think they would do very well due to their results and reputations. They simply want the kids to play together because that teamwork wins championships. The town program isn't perfect as you see the same nonsense you see everywhere else, but the H.S. program has been great and I hope it stays that way. Just look at the towns that have won multiple county championships, LI and state titles since 2000. They all have something in common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had something in common. Sorry to let you all in on the secret, the world changes every day and makes things that were once successful obsolete.

anyone remember blockbuster? great model for alot of years but technology and netflix put them down....

it happens in every facet of life, those that hang on to the past, eventually get trampled, those that accept change and embrace it move forward.

clubs are here to stay, but even their model will change over the next few years as they battle eachother...

So for all you parents hanging on the the HS model (west I WM...) hopefully your kid graduates before the change and hopefully he is the team stud.

for the rest, pick the best club team you can get on and get your kid in the best position he can be in to get noticed.

for the guy who is always saying wah, wah in his posts, grow up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wah, wah, wah...

Hard work does!
Keep it up!

The only one who is whining is you, are you the same guy who bashes the parent and the kid because they have a different point of view?

You sound very arrogant. But I guess if you kid plays for "WM Elite" you think you are better than the rest of us.

Who calls themselves "Elite"??

back to the original question, Is it a conflict of interest for a HS Coach to run a for profit summer club team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wah, wah, wah...

Hard work does!
Keep it up!

The only one who is whining is you, are you the same guy who bashes the parent and the kid because they have a different point of view?

You sound very arrogant. But I guess if you kid plays for "WM Elite" you think you are better than the rest of us.

Who calls themselves "Elite"??

back to the original question, Is it a conflict of interest for a HS Coach to run a for profit summer club team?

Bottom line and the answer is simple although people don't want to admit it. YES, YES, YES..it is a conflict. Teachers can't tutor their own students..how is it not different when HS coaches are running the summer team? Total conflict of interest and should not be allowed by the athletic director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be fortunate to play within a H.S. program that plays together in the summer. That program has put well over a hundred kids (probably closer to 200) into college programs in the last decade. Many of these kids didn't get much playing time during school season but do see time in the summer program. D2&3 coaches know they come from a quality program with great coaching and reputation. The kids and parents buy into this system because it has produced a nationally ranked power with numerous state, LI, and county titles. Many of the younger kids also play on travel teams. However, when they get to H.S., the school summer program comes first. My fear is this may change in the not too distant future because some of these younger kids are playing for the top club teams and may feel as many of you do that they should play with the best players. This H.S. has kids who have played at A.C.C, Big Ten, Ivy schools so it is not like the coaches don't recruit them. I don't believe the coaches at this program are in it for the money because the costs are fairly low and if they started their own club program , I think they would do very well due to their results and reputations. They simply want the kids to play together because that teamwork wins championships. The town program isn't perfect as you see the same nonsense you see everywhere else, but the H.S. program has been great and I hope it stays that way. Just look at the towns that have won multiple county championships, LI and state titles since 2000. They all have something in common.

You mean like Garden City?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think up until recently, GC kids played where they wanted. fl$, Express etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you didn't pick up on my remark. That's the point, many Championships and the kids aren't "forced" to play for the coach. I hope they don't cave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you didn't pick up on my remark. That's the point, many Championships and the kids aren't "forced" to play for the coach. I hope they don't cave.

I think there is pressure in GC now. Not sure why they are changing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM summer gold team--

4 to 5 summer tourny, 2 will be recruiting types

28 kids, 12 long poles???

But we should stay in WM because it will help them win a championship? How much time can my kid get with 12 poles?????

At least the clubs pick the right amount of position players...

Let's here all the geniuses defend this please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leave. Why didnt you ask this question at the meeting?
The skirt looks good on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question was asked, they have no answers, only that they will get back to us as they work things out closer to summer.

There you go again, same tough guy with the same big mouth. Not worth responding to you, your one of those people in life we can all do without. Crawl back under that rock please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 seems like alot to get in. I would have preferred to keep
one of the 10th grade goalies too, Going with 2 very young 9th graders?? We will be facing some strong competition, big physical size jump 9 to 10th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What devision will the gold team play in?

Are there 2016's on the gold roster?

Are there 2017's on the green roster?

What is the deal with the White Team?

What is the cost ?

Is it the same price for all teams?

If there were 80 - 90 kids at the tryouts and 57 were selected to be on either the green or the gold what happens to the other "25 or so" kids?

Is there a White team this year?

Will the rosters change before next summer or are you locked in to a team?

Who picked the teams?

Are the "wm elite" teams a part of 3VLax or is it separate?

Is "wm elite" a "for profit" business?

Why did 3V change the way they ran the summer teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What devision will the gold team play in?

Are there 2016's on the gold roster?

Are there 2017's on the green roster?

What is the deal with the White Team?

What is the cost ?

Is it the same price for all teams?

If there were 80 - 90 kids at the tryouts and 57 were selected to be on either the green or the gold what happens to the other "25 or so" kids?

Is there a White team this year?

Will the rosters change before next summer or are you locked in to a team?

Who picked the teams?

Are the "wm elite" teams a part of 3VLax or is it separate?

Is "wm elite" a "for profit" business?

Why did 3V change the way they ran the summer teams?

OMG run! Sounds like your son is getting the shaft. If he's not one of the 12 or 12 chosen ones he won't play in the regular season anyway. So many options, do what's best for your son. Great big lacrosse world out there. If he wants to play in college, play for another team over the summer. Most college coaches don't even speak to the HS coach anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't you ask these q's at the meeting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was not at the meeting. younger ones coming up in the program, trying to get all the info that I can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know why he didn't ask the questions.... Because the HS coach controls everything. So people are intimidated. Ya know, cause the coach is all about the kids. Would never hold it against a kid for his parents asking such valid, pointed questions. Horrible situation except for a chosen few. Who's going to say anything? People, wake up! Don't give all this power to these HS coaches. Do what's best for your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know why he didn't ask the questions.... Because the HS coach controls everything. So people are intimidated. Ya know, cause the coach is all about the kids. Would never hold it against a kid for his parents asking such valid, pointed questions. Horrible situation except for a chosen few. Who's going to say anything? People, wake up! Don't give all this power to these HS coaches. Do what's best for your kids.

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening. [/quote]

Seriously?

People look to this model??

What model??

The success of the Ward Melville Program has little to do with this model. Ward Melville has been a dominant program for something like 40 years. WM and 3V lax were successful long before anyone associated with the current programs were involved.

People look at the success of "Ward Melville" not at the model. The Model has changed and it has not been for the better.

Do you know what the model is?

I think the Ward Melville High School Program will be successful for many years to come but it will not be because of the current 3V Lax / Patriot Elite program. It will be because of the kids, coaches and families. (yes, the coaches, I think that they are good.) I just do not think that the current state of the 3V Lax / Patriot Elite is good for the kids or the HS program.

Parents in the community are trying to figure out what is best for their kids and they are being pushed from a very young age to follow what is being told to them by a small group of people. Is it not OK to question what is being told to them? Should a parent not question what the 3rd or 4th grade "Parent Coach" tells them regarding their son? Is it not OK to question the 3V Board?

I agree, the "club world" is out of control but until you know what goes on in this town don't say people look to the model. The people are looking to the success that 3V and WM have had over the long hall, not to the current model.

Ward Melville is a very competitive place when it comes to lacrosse, if you want your kid to play at WM I would not narrow the path by which you help him develop as a person, student, athlete or Lacrosse Player. But I would question the power structure in 3V.

The topic being discussed is, "Is it a conflict of interest for HS coaches to coach/own for profit summer club teams?"

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many 2013 boys got D1 scholarships to good schools last year from WM? Express had 20 plus according to their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 plus add 2 who went from a PG year to D1 to the 2012 total. Seems low for the # 1 H.S. team in the nation. I think they have had years of as many as eight. I don't see how you can compare to a top Express team that draws kids from numerous school districts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard