BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
both of the turtle kids at 91. watched them at tryout and they were both skilled and smart. tough to replace that talent. great pickup for JM.

Why did the turtles leave?

Can't be playing time, those kids played a ton and they have a small roster which hurt them when it counted. Happens every year, parents looking to position little johnny so he is the man

Yes, but CHS attack already was the man. Maybe he was preventing others from looking good because he stole the spotlight? Tough to figure out? Turtles won't be the same without him

Hard to steal the spot light when you're constantly told to feed the ball to the "favorites" or get pulled.
The team is (was) filled with great players, no doubt; but on every team there are naturally going to be those who display higher skill levels. Good for those who left to seek better coaching and development as young men and players.

Good point. That makes sense. I've seen that happen on my son's team where every play revolves around the coaches kid. It gets old, and everyone knows it! Good luck to the boys who left, hopefully the repacements just keep their mouthes shut and do what they're told.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1st 2016 committed in November 2012.

Each year the date of the 1st commitment has accelerated. When do you expect to see the 1st 2017 commitment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both of the turtle kids at 91. watched them at tryout and they were both skilled and smart. tough to replace that talent. great pickup for JM.

Can't be playing time, those kids played a ton and they have a small roster which hurt them when it counted. Happens every year, parents looking to position little johnny so he is the man

Yes, but CHS attack already was the man. Maybe he was preventing others from looking good because he stole the spotlight? Tough to figure out? Turtles won't be the same without him

Hard to steal the spot light when you're constantly told to feed the ball to the "favorites" or get pulled.
The team is (was) filled with great players, no doubt; but on every team there are naturally going to be those who display higher skill levels. Good for those who left to seek better coaching and development as young men and players.

This just doesn't add up, but time will certainly tell. And how do they expect it to be any better on a team with 26 players? talk about playing time issues, that's 6A, 6D, 12M, and 2G. Maybe MC terps/ terps black/ blue/ orange wasn't such a bad model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I beleive the turtles played Sachem in a fall ball games this past Sunday. I was on a near by field, didnt see the score but it didnt look like the Turtles blew them out. Not sure how it ended.
One thing I did notice, they played a varsity team and didnt look small. The kids do have good size at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Each year the date of the 1st commitment has accelerated. When do you expect to see the 1st 2017 commitment?

Who knows? could be earlier.

And it is good and bad. Bad because, well early recruiting....we all have opinions. Good because, maybe 90% of the people on this board will finally be silent when they realize their little Johnny isn't one of those chosen few and the club can't change that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I beleive the turtles played Sachem in a fall ball games this past Sunday. I was on a near by field, didnt see the score but it didnt look like the Turtles blew them out. Not sure how it ended.
One thing I did notice, they played a varsity team and didnt look small. The kids do have good size at this point.

My kid played next on same field. Score was 7-4 turtles. Why would you think a freshman team should blow out a varsity team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid played next on same field. Score was 7-4 turtles. Why would you think a freshman team should blow out a varsity team?

Turtles will now get a reality check as the enter the world of varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Main reason is travel team vs town team, not freshmen vs Varsity.

20 "A" kids from 10 different towns vs 5 "A" kids from 1 town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so a team of freshman will get a reality check by playing varsity teams? yep, sounds like a turtle hater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This just doesn't add up, but time will certainly tell. And how do they expect it to be any better on a team with 26 players? talk about playing time issues, that's 6A, 6D, 12M, and 2G. Maybe MC terps/ terps black/ blue/ orange wasn't such a bad model.

Where r u getting these numbers from? The teams haven't been announced

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so a team of freshman will get a reality check by playing varsity teams? yep, sounds like a turtle hater

Not a hater, just saying if they are such an elite team, they should be able to beat a town varsity team with kids ranging from freshman to seniors......It wasn't me that created the hype!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Main reason is travel team vs town team, not freshmen vs Varsity.

20 "A" kids from 10 different towns vs 5 "A" kids from 1 town.

No need to defend...so its 17 A freshmen against 28 A and B Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do realize that alot of these fall "Varsity" teams are playing fresgmen's also. My sons team had more freshmen then "varsity" kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the Terp daddy's should go back to the express thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you that delusional to believe that Sachem football coaches would let any of their lax players actually play in a meaningless game ? No knock to the Turtles, but I am sure they did not face a varsity team by any stertch of the imagination.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's already happened. A 2016 who will PG and graduate 2017. Penn State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you that delusional to believe that Sachem football coaches would let any of their lax players actually play in a meaningless game ? No knock to the Turtles, but I am sure they did not face a varsity team by any stertch of the imagination.

That's why ANY fall ball is designed to keep the rust off...that's it. Good exposure for freshmen on any team to get some exposure a level of varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember a Turtle daddy stating not too long ago that Turtles would "shake up" Li varsity teams. all I have to say is slow down. They couldn't even win a game to a mixed age varsity team together!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember a Turtle daddy stating not too long ago that Turtles would "shake up" Li varsity teams. all I have to say is slow down. They couldn't even win a game to a mixed age varsity team together!

I saw the Turtles play last fall against a very average JV team from Westchester/Ct and lose. They have a nice well oiled machine and benefit from being together etc. However, they are not superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They have a very good faceoff guy and control the ball alot as a result and run the same play over and over. Good teams figure it out and they can be beat. It was fun for them while it lasted. We are clearly seeing an exodus of players so obviously they see the handwriting on the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That turtle daddy might be on another team now. Take a look and see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw the Turtles play last fall against a very average JV team from Westchester/Ct and lose. They have a nice well oiled machine and benefit from being together etc. However, they are not superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They have a very good faceoff guy and control the ball alot as a result and run the same play over and over. Good teams figure it out and they can be beat. It was fun for them while it lasted. We are clearly seeing an exodus of players so obviously they see the handwriting on the wall.

Dude...obsessed much? Worry about your own kids team. Inform your coach of this inside information on how to be this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 tryout numbers for the 2017 team are up 26 kids. Talk about playing time issues

Looks like fl$ has some playing issues going on! 28 kids on the roster. Good thing they made some changes to try and upgrade the team? They also made a coaching change which should help as well. But unfortunately with 28 kids they will have trouble competing with 91, Outlaws and Express teams. 91, Outlaws and Express seem to have most of the top 2017 players at their tryouts. They will be the teams to beat at the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude...obsessed much? Worry about your own kids team. Inform your coach of this inside information on how to be this team.

Nope, here he is...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 tryout numbers for the 2017 team are up 26 kids. Talk about playing time issues

Looks like fl$ has some playing issues going on! 28 kids on the roster. Good thing they made some changes to try and upgrade the team? They also made a coaching change which should help as well. But unfortunately with 28 kids they will have trouble competing with 91, Outlaws and Express teams. 91, Outlaws and Express seem to have most of the top 2017 players at their tryouts. They will be the teams to beat at the age group.

You are one odd person trolling the websites of other clubs and counting the number of boys. What's your axe to grind? Did you troll the other teams and find out how many on their team or did you just find that they don't post their rosters? I am an Outlaw parent and there are 26 on the team. I'll give you a few guesses as to why 2017 teams carry more players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 2017 Teams from Try Outs- Still has to All pan Out

MUCH Closer than you all think. All have Great players
1) Turtles- Until some one beats them consistently
2) 91 Upgraded
3) Express Terps- They always are good
4) Outlaws- going to Surprise- But still not with other 3
5) Every one else Team LI, True Blue, fl$

Do Not Rip- Give your Thoughts

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Corrected Team Name
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) 91 Upgraded

Who cares?? It's time for high school. Kids are growing up, so should the rest of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one odd person trolling the websites of other clubs and counting the number of boys. What's your axe to grind? Did you troll the other teams and find out how many on their team or did you just find that they don't post their rosters? I am an Outlaw parent and there are 26 on the team. I'll give you a few guesses as to why 2017 teams carry more players.

I read the top post a few times and I don’t see anything odd with it or any axe to grind?? Just stating the facts. Isn’t that what this forum is for? To provide information regarding travel Lax….. The 2nd post does seem to be odd and there seems to be an axe to grind. 2nd poster why so angry? The 1st post doesn’t say that they trolled the website as you put it. How do you know how this person got this information? Do you not thing that parents talk between organizations. Does anybody thing close to 30 kids on a team is not excessive $$$$$. Are you willing to have your son on a team where he may play a quarter at best when collages are watching? The next 2 years are very important but more important is that the kids have fun and enjoy the experience. Little to no playing time is a sure way to take the joy out of this experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) 91 Upgraded

Who cares?? It's time for high school. Kids are growing up, so should the rest of us.

Oh brother....this must be the fireballing outlaw dad from previous post. Enjoy the little dream you must have had last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) 91 Upgraded

We will never know...

The problem with 9th grade teams is many of the players also play for their JV or Varsity teams. That's why the clubs are carrying 25+ players. They know that several players will miss certain tournaments due to conflicts. Unfortunately, the better the player, the more pressure they get to play with the school team, especially Varsity.

Anytime these teams face each other during the tournament season, they will probably be missing some key players. Therefore on any given Sunday, one team can beat another. And, unfortunately, on Monday morning we will have to read that the "better" team lost because their best players had to play with the school team.

It would be nice to see these teams square off with complete rosters but I don't see it happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read the top post a few times and I don’t see anything odd with it or any axe to grind?? Just stating the facts. Isn’t that what this forum is for? To provide information regarding travel Lax….. The 2nd post does seem to be odd and there seems to be an axe to grind. 2nd poster why so angry? The 1st post doesn’t say that they trolled the website as you put it. How do you know how this person got this information? Do you not thing that parents talk between organizations. Does anybody thing close to 30 kids on a team is not excessive $$$$$. Are you willing to have your son on a team where he may play a quarter at best when collages are watching? The next 2 years are very important but more important is that the kids have fun and enjoy the experience. Little to no playing time is a sure way to take the joy out of this experience.

Totally agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What up with this outlaw guy.....you can write and hope all you want......not a top team....but keep dreaming if it keeps you warm at night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Team 91 tryout numbers for the 2017 team are up 26 kids. Talk about playing time issues

What up with this outlaw guy.....you can write and hope all you want......not a top team....but keep dreaming if it keeps you warm at night

Outlaw guy must not be familiar with the coaches of the 2017 team. Nowhere to be seen at tournaments until 5 minutes before game time....oh wait, if you go to the vendor village you will see them at their tent selling stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Team 91 tryout numbers for the 2017 team are up 26 kids. Talk about playing time issues

Outlaw guy must not be familiar with the coaches of the 2017 team. Nowhere to be seen at tournaments until 5 minutes before game time....oh wait, if you go to the vendor village you will see them at their tent selling stuff.

I have been very happy with the coaching for 2017 Outlaws in previous years. Have never seen a coach show up 5 minutes before game...
Sounds like sour grapes from a parent of a kid that didn't make the team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People can guess who the top teams are going to be.. but there has been no games to base that on, so don't bash their predictions and bash individuals while hiding behind an anonymous computer screen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, big mouth, you might want to retract this. Your numbers were wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People can guess who the top teams are going to be.. but there has been no games to base that on, so don't bash their predictions and bash individuals while hiding behind an anonymous computer screen.

And here you are talking nonsense from an anonymous screen.....brilliant....just like your nightime dreams about the outlaws.......whatever keeps you happy at night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been very happy with the coaching for 2017 Outlaws in previous years. Have never seen a coach show up 5 minutes before game...
Sounds like sour grapes from a parent of a kid that didn't make the team...

Nope - made the team. Were you are UMASS? NXT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMASS, NXT....low level tournaments.....We would not be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT is a very well run and competitive tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT isn't a low level tournament..

Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard