BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 47 1 2 3 4 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxlaxlax
I don't think this passes the BOTC posting rules - he is posting team and age and father/coaches initials really is Identifying youth players. and it is a negative post about these two boys, I hope you would consider taking it down.

Named Individuals : Identifying youth players in a negative or attacking manner by name will not be permitted. Be mindful that such posts will be removed and/or editted by the BOTC Moderators. Identification of adults in posts should be accompanied with substantiated facts and details.
BOTC agrees with you and we have now corrected this situation.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all may not like the comments but the fact is: it's all TRUE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SL leaving would be the best thing for that team. I don't think AM ( white coach) is the answer. He's not good enough to know what to do with that much talent. He's basic.

What a disgrace. I coach for another organization and disagree with a lot of things that 91 does, and wish their directors and some of their coaches would learn what the word humility means. However, why would you attack a specific kid. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you are such D-BAG that you are probably incapable of that emotion.

A coach for another organization on this site attacking directors & coaches of the 91 organization is what? Graceful? Did you actually say D-BAG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah really, why is a coach on these forums anyway.............................. stirring it up??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody comment about the other 2018 teams. Other than the elite teams. Like the Express Wolverines, Jesters, fl$. Share your experiences re coaching, off-season (fall and winter leagues & OBLL) etc. This is a critical year for this age group. They have a 18 months or so to be fully prepared to compete for a JV spot. Can afford to have a year of going backwards.

Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolverines are excellent team. Very good, dedicated coach and talented group of kids.
Jesters looked very well coached and had very solid first team. Depth looked like opportunity.
fl$ seemed hot or cold. Decent amount of talent. Changed coaches mid season. Very athletic team.
91 White was solid all around and very good coaches. Probably best second tier team.
91 Raiders solid as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolverines are excellent team. Very good, dedicated coach and talented group of kids.
Jesters looked very well coached and had very solid first team. Depth looked like opportunity.
fl$ seemed hot or cold. Decent amount of talent. Changed coaches mid season. Very athletic team.
91 White was solid all around and very good coaches. Probably best second tier team.
91 Raiders solid as well.

If you're son is a strong player, and is looking for an opportunity to play on an up an coming team that will face the best competition, I suggest you give Jester's 2018 a look. Highly dedicated coaches, did lots of extra's at minimal cost. Practiced twice a week, trained over the winter, did OBLL. They will only be stronger this coming year. Team grew tremendously from the beginning of the year to the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended 91 tryouts yesterday. He said the boys were told that 91 was planning on putting together 2 "AA" teams for 2014. He did not hear anything about the Raiders - are they done as a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d Blue Chip Invites out for 2018's.. Congrats to all who made it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't anyone go to 3d?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get the invites?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
email or mail???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't anyone go to 3d?

Think you needed to apply or be seen, check the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got the invite - is this worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got the invite - is this worth it?

I asked 2017 parents what they thought. They said its the only way for 2018's to get into Jake Reed for next summer. I think it could be a good experience to see how your son stacks up. Also, great practice run playing in higher pressure venue. Reality is, this time next year the recruiting process will begin for some 2018's. I don't agree with it, but we can't deny it either. Personally, I have no expectations at all, I think its a great opportunity to prepare my son for what's coming down the road. I also hear the training and competition are very good. Florida at the end of Jan, could be worse!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
email or mail???

Email

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also got an invite to the 2018 event. I went back and looked and I am not sure it is worth the expense for this age group.

First, you have to go to florida and then if your picked from that florida group you get to play in July...

One father of a 2017 that played last year told me if there were three or four college coaches there it was a lot. If you are not going for that college exposure, what are you going for?

I admit, it is nice to get the opportunity and makes you feel good, but at this point I am not sure if I am even telling my son. I figure this is a $2000 comitment and I am not sure what is gained for the $2k.???

Anyone have any different thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the e-mails go out to all 600 boys who were accepted nationally?

Was this the east region only?

Or was this one person you are aware of who received an invite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at this point I am not sure if I am even telling my son.

Are you hoping your son forgets that he applied? Or did you apply for him without telling him?

Shouldn't he be a part of the decision making process?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2017 and we went to 3D last January. It was a great experience and my son really enjoyed it. It was three days away in Florida in January with great weather! If your son is a 2018 and youre thinking of going, dont look at it as any kind of recruiting thing. Its basically a play in for Jake Reed summer camp which at the 2018 level has no recruiting value whatsoever.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
my son received and invite for both the mid-atlantic and east region.

Did the e-mails go out to all 600 boys who were accepted nationally?

Was this the east region only?

Or was this one person you are aware of who received an invite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the feedback. I did not think that the college recruiting angle was all that big for 2018 - still a bit young even with today's crazy D1 recruiting practices. How good was the January camp? I am guessing the competition was pretty decent - no? Do you feel your son got a lot out of it? Did your son go to the summer camp as well? Thanks again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all the the 3d Blue Chip invites are out. They are still vetting. If you applied late, there is a strong chance that you have not heard yet, there is a strong chance your child is still being considered.

I am hoping to hear more from the 2017 parents who took players to Florida last year. Your insight and feedback is exactly what this forum is intended to be about.

Recruiting aspect - general responses so far is that this is not really a recruiting event

Competition Quality? -especially versus Brine NLC and other events billed as elite only?????

Coaching Quality?

Evaluation Process?

We all already know it is very expensive - did anyone spend the extra $300+ to get a highlight tape?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard from a 2017 parent that it was a positive experience last year -- not from a recruiting or exposure standpoint, but from a development/competition standpoint.

One point, which I don't think I have seen mentioned, is exposure to a showcase type event at an early stage. Many kids are used to playing with their top travel teams. They run a set offense, everyone shares the ball and is familiar with each other. I think it is a benefit to break out of that environment and let the player compete in a showcase/tryout type environement where he is not going to be 100% comfortable with his teammates. Having this experience as a 2018 and when the recruiting pressure is not on, seems like a benefit, if you can deal with the cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express first tryout today good luck to all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard from a 2017 parent that it was a positive experience last year -- not from a recruiting or exposure standpoint, but from a development/competition standpoint.

One point, which I don't think I have seen mentioned, is exposure to a showcase type event at an early stage. Many kids are used to playing with their top travel teams. They run a set offense, everyone shares the ball and is familiar with each other. I think it is a benefit to break out of that environment and let the player compete in a showcase/tryout type environement where he is not going to be 100% comfortable with his teammates. Having this experience as a 2018 and when the recruiting pressure is not on, seems like a benefit, if you can deal with the cost.

I am a NJ Dad whose son went to 3D Blue Chip and then made it to the summer Jake Reed event. In my opinion, the event is NOT a recruiting event (even Jake Reed in the summer really isn't yet) nor should you expect it to be given the age. However, it was very well run, combined training/development with the boys' first showcase-type experience which will be valuable down the line, had a great coach to kid ratio, and the competition was pretty darn good. Also, for 8th graders, it is the ONLY way to get to the Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip summer event. That event is definately not the be-all and end-all for 8th graders/rising freshman come summer, but it is a great way to see where your son stands relative to the better players across the country and again get great showcase-type experience. The cost is another matter. Very expensive to do these events, however, if that is not a real issue, I would highly recommend both 3D Blue Chip and Jake Reed if you son is selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all the the 3d Blue Chip invites are out. They are still vetting. If you applied late, there is a strong chance that you have not heard yet, there is a strong chance your child is still being considered.

I am hoping to hear more from the 2017 parents who took players to Florida last year. Your insight and feedback is exactly what this forum is intended to be about.

Recruiting aspect - general responses so far is that this is not really a recruiting event

Competition Quality? -especially versus Brine NLC and other events billed as elite only?????

Coaching Quality?

Evaluation Process?

We all already know it is very expensive - did anyone spend the extra $300+ to get a highlight tape?

My son is a 2017 and we attended this event last January. On the whole I thought it was a great experience. The competition was top notch and the event was very well organized and there were plenty of coaches and evaluators around. It was a beautiful three days weather wise and it was nice to get away in January. To be clear, this event has NO recruiting value whatsoever! This is a play in event for the summer Jake Reed camp.

On the negative side, my son is a defenseman and I have to say the lack of defensive coaching was somewhat disturbing. The 3D box/field methodology is very heavily offense oriented and the poles got little to no instruction. They are basically on their own for the three days.

Overall, it was a great experience, however for a defensemen, not the best from a coaching standpoint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were 2018 Express try-outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lots of lacrosse players - not a lot of lacrosse played
I think these tryouts need to have a series of cuts - maybe bring back the top 60 and then pick two teams but 120 kids at 1 1/2 hour tryout is silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lots of lacrosse players - not a lot of lacrosse played
I think these tryouts need to have a series of cuts - maybe bring back the top 60 and then pick two teams but 120 kids at 1 1/2 hour tryout is silly

They had maybe 110 kids. The first part was good. Lots of decent drills for about an hour. They scrimaged after that.
Problem was 6 teams of kids. One field. 15-20 minute games. Lots of sitting around for the players not playing the game. Talent was very good. Best I have seen in two years. MC promises more lax next week for the kids. Kellenberg has 3 fields. I expect 2 hours of games. Everyone playing all the time. Rest up....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I was at the express tryouts 100 kids 10 goalies.
Terps and express kids were most noticeable. Every one else just look about at same level. 3 kids that I noticed was the big middie who plays for express c, the raiders goalie and the middie with jesters helmet on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps and express kids were most noticeable. Every one else just look about at same level. 3 kids that I noticed was the big middie who plays for express c, the raiders goalie and the middie with jesters helmet on.

To funny raiders goalie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To funny raiders goalie dad.

be nice, I was at the tryout as well (my son wears an express bucket) and i did notice the raiders goalie, we was the one wearing the 91 helmet...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI. Wasn't the raiders goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI. Wasn't the raiders goalie.

My son plays for Express and is a defenseman and was on the same team as the goalie with the 91 helmet. He was loud and directed defense better than any goalie. As a result my sons defense was better. Dont think they were scored upon. There was also a jesters defenseman on his line. Great tryout for 2018 players. Look forward to kids playing a lot next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't there like 6 teams playing in that full field scrimmage?
My son is a middie from Express who was on a team with a goalie who he said played for the gladiators a year ago. He didn't give up any goals either. He was loud, and controlled the defense, made good clears...
Oh yeah, i am the goalies dad!!!
Give me a break. It was the first tryout. Let them play this weekend and let's see how they do. 13 years old, remember??
There are always good players, especially ones who have played together and those who haven't and also some who aren't ready to step up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't there like 6 teams playing in that full field scrimmage?
My son is a middie from Express who was on a team with a goalie who he said played for the gladiators a year ago. He didn't give up any goals either. He was loud, and controlled the defense, made good clears...
Oh yeah, i am the goalies dad!!!
Give me a break. It was the first tryout. Let them play this weekend and let's see how they do. 13 years old, remember??
There are always good players, especially ones who have played together and those who haven't and also some who aren't ready to step up.

Dont get your point. Some guy calls out a kid but says wrong team. Another guy corrects it by stating some facts and now he's playing favorites. This is funny stuff. Just let the coaches decide. Kids all seemed to get along. Kids will play and when its all said and done they will make teams and thats it. Dont get so worked up over it. I dont think MC and JL or any of the other guys making selections read this stuff anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you just agreed with the guys point. He was being sarcastic. Just making an assumption that he wasn't the goalies father and was just pointing out exactly what you said, let the kids play, they will make teams and that is it.
It started from the earlier part of the thread where some guy referenced a goalie and another called him out as being the kids parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who really care if he is coming back or not are the parents of the fringe players who have kept their spot because they are buddies with SL. So let the helmet buying and the lawn cutting begin. You know who you are.

Hey now!

On the 91 website they still have SL aligned to the Extreme as head coach with AM leaving the White team to be the assistant. JA who coached the 2020 White team is taking over the 2018 White team. That team just went down hill fast......he will ruin that team. Parents will start pulling there kids once they see him in action. Too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who really care if he is coming back or not are the parents of the fringe players who have kept their spot because they are buddies with SL. So let the helmet buying and the lawn cutting begin. You know who you are.

Hey now!

On the 91 website they still have SL aligned to the Extreme as head coach with AM leaving the White team to be the assistant. JA who coached the 2020 White team is taking over the 2018 White team. That team just went down hill fast......he will ruin that team. Parents will start pulling there kids once they see him in action. Too bad.

they just shuffled the coaching chairs

Page 2 of 47 1 2 3 4 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard