BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone's son received an invite for Jake Reed for summer? I know Fall Jake Reed invites have already gone out and Jake's website/twitter says summer invites will be out by October 1st. Just not sure if summer invites have been sent out yet. Thoughts?

You should forget Jake Reed, overrated. Maverick Showtime had much more press and D1 representation this past summer. My son did both and Showtime was superior. They also gave the boys a really nice package of equiptment. You also need an invite

Thank you. My son has already been accepted to Maverick for this upcoming summer, was just trying to hear if kids have started to receive invites for Jake Reed for the summer already. The Fall Jake Reed invites are out (I think a lot of kids are going to Philly Showcase instead/same weekend), just wanted to hear if kids have received Jake Reed summer invites already as Jake Reed's website and Twitter said they will be out by October 1st.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if Express tryouts had a big turnout yesterday? I heard not really.

over 100

The 2018 has close to 200 and the 2017 was some were around 150. After you count in the late arrivals. Lot of talent in the top 40 kids or so. Looks like a lot of the same kids from Terps and Treps Black. Dropped off after that.

2018 had about 100...not 200. 2017 had about 125. I agree about the top 40...scary good....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if Express tryouts had a big turnout yesterday? I heard not really.

over 100

The 2018 has close to 200 and the 2017 was some were around 150. After you count in the late arrivals. Lot of talent in the top 40 kids or so. Looks like a lot of the same kids from Terps and Treps Black. Dropped off after that.

2018 had about 100...not 200. 2017 had about 125. I agree about the top 40...scary good....

I am actually a little suprised to hear that as the Terps Black/Terps 2017s are no doubt talentted but did not have the greatest summer last year. The team was not in the conversation for one of the top 4-5 club nationally. Are they getting better kids for this fall/summer. Again, no question they are very talented, but so will 91, Turtles, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Outlaw parent, I can tell you the new relationship between the "Huntington crew" and new Gladiator parents has been nothing but fantastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Outlaw parent, I can tell you the new relationship between the "Huntington crew" and new Gladiator parents has been nothing but fantastic.

So after two tryout dates, you have a fantastic realtionship with other parents? That's great but I believe the poster was referring to the playing time issue that will arise once games/tournaments start and some of those "favors" that are on the team from Huntington don't see much playing time. The Gladiators spanked the Outlaws last year.....and those Gladiators who were at the tryouts were heads and shoulders above the attack/middie postions occupied by Huntington boys last season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys get tired arguing whose 14 year old boy is better? I've never seen such chest bumping/name calling over a kid's sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys get tired arguing whose 14 year old boy is better? I've never seen such chest bumping/name calling over a kid's sport.

Nope... silly question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws looked good on Sunday versus Recon. I was a recon parent and talked to some outlaws parents. The Outlaws apparently weren't done finishing their roster, but even if they add nobody they are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how good Team Long Island 2017 Team is? They seem to be in all the A tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids have left the Turtles since the summer? The two Cold Spring Harbor kids are no longer on the Turtles website, how many others have left? Are they recruting new kids?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids have left the Turtles since the summer? The two Cold Spring Harbor kids are no longer on the Turtles website, how many others have left? Are they recruting new kids?

There best player by far was the attackman from CSH. He started varsity as a 8th grader & played well. What team did he go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard both CSH kids went to 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how good Team Long Island 2017 Team is? They seem to be in all the A tournaments.

Team Long Island does not do grade based teams. They do age. Depending on the tournament a 2017 team could be playing their u14 or u15 team next year and yes the top teams will be in the A division. Each team (u14/u15) won a few tournaments last year.

To give an idea the u15 (u14 past year) team lost to 91 orange 6-3 in phili. The u14 (u13 last year) beat 2017 3village at stony brook and 91 navy, beat the jesters at phili. They lost to true blue 7-5 at maverick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fire Ball/Fire ball coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Long Island does not do grade based teams. They do age. Depending on the tournament a 2017 team could be playing their u14 or u15 team next year and yes the top teams will be in the A division. Each team (u14/u15) won a few tournaments last year.

To give an idea the u15 (u14 past year) team lost to 91 orange 6-3 in phili. The u14 (u13 last year) beat 2017 3village at stony brook and 91 navy, beat the jesters at phili. They lost to true blue 7-5 at maverick.

I believe the question was about U17, so stop trying to get your jabs in about other teams, (typical wannabe), Team LI U17 is a top team. They won Philly invitational showcase, Dicks elite division 2012, and Stowe. They have players from freshman to Jr. They have several D1 committed players. Great team, half the price of of the others. Facts only

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There best player by far was the attackman from CSH. He started varsity as a 8th grader & played well. What team did he go to.

Yes he was, big loss for them, many others riding on him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they do in the tournaments he didn't play in last summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the question was about U17, so stop trying to get your jabs in about other teams, (typical wannabe), Team LI U17 is a top team. They won Philly invitational showcase, Dicks elite division 2012, and Stowe. They have players from freshman to Jr. They have several D1 committed players. Great team, half the price of of the others. Facts only

The question does say 2017 , not u17. Also didn't think I was knocking any team, just giving an idea as to how thye stack up against the other local a teams. Both u13 and u14 did very well this past year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are three kids on the Express Black that have equivalent talent and are being recruited by the Turtles right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

over 100

I am actually a little suprised to hear that as the Terps Black/Terps 2017s are no doubt talentted but did not have the greatest summer last year. The team was not in the conversation for one of the top 4-5 club nationally. Are they getting better kids for this fall/summer. Again, no question they are very talented, but so will 91, Turtles, etc.

The Terps had a great tournament at Lake Placid. Played very strong teams from an older division, went 4-1. They beat the Dukes several times ,Won the U maryland tournament and won the Indoor Nationals and beat everyone they played in the fall easily. No one put a whipping on them. The Crab Feast was played in 100 degree heat in games with 8 minute quarters so whoever got ahead won . So those losses dont count for much , as a matter of fact all the other so called great teams lost in that tournament as well. The problem on the express was not the kids on the team, it was the silly structure the team had which never allowed the kids to jell as a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So after two tryout dates, you have a fantastic realtionship with other parents? That's great but I believe the poster was referring to the playing time issue that will arise once games/tournaments start and some of those "favors" that are on the team from Huntington don't see much playing time. The Gladiators spanked the Outlaws last year.....and those Gladiators who were at the tryouts were heads and shoulders above the attack/middie postions occupied by Huntington boys last season.

Hopefully the Outlaws don't have to deal with the crazy Gladiator mother who ran onto the field at the fl$ in 3D tourney and started yelling at a player from a Maryland team. I believe she was followed by an equally crazy father of another child! Good luck with those parents!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

over 100

The Terps had a great tournament at Lake Placid. Played very strong teams from an older division, went 4-1. They beat the Dukes several times ,Won the U maryland tournament and won the Indoor Nationals and beat everyone they played in the fall easily. No one put a whipping on them. The Crab Feast was played in 100 degree heat in games with 8 minute quarters so whoever got ahead won . So those losses dont count for much , as a matter of fact all the other so called great teams lost in that tournament as well. The problem on the express was not the kids on the team, it was the silly structure the team had which never allowed the kids to jell as a team.

Really, beat Dukes several times in the summer (when they had their full team)? When and where? Again, not questioning the talent on the Terps Black/Terps and acknowledge the structural issues which may not have allowed them to fully gel, still didn't see them as one of the top, top teams this summer. Signature wins? Hard to judge Lake Placid, how about vs. other best 2017 teams in the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are three kids on the Express Black that have equivalent talent and are being recruited by the Turtles right now.

We'll see, doubt they can replace who left. I'm more interested in why he left, I'm sure it's a good one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll see, doubt they can replace who left. I'm more interested in why he left, I'm sure it's a good one!

Most likely because the team is controlled by parents and playing time issues etc. Also at the Blue Chip event, the turtle kids had to play against real defenders and they were exposed as not as great as advertised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone at the express tryout could very simply see, the ability level between the most of the express black and the turtles are really the same. Clear as day. Might have been a difference a couple of years ago but no more. No knock on the turtles they are great, but how many players have the lost so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about last summer? With all the roster changes talked about on this board what some team did last summer is inconsequential. It's time to start looking to summer 2014. I can't wait to see the ORANGE AND WHITE OF MIGHTY 91!!!! We're going to roll baby................

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is an attackman. Turtle offense runs through JD's son at Middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

over 100

"Those loses don't count for much"...muwahhahahaha!!!!! (but, the Fall wins do count;) Classic Terps Lax Daddy mentality. & "the Silly structure"? Come on, its typical Express "structure". Take everyone's money & try to please all of the crazy parents. It has only gotten worse over the years. Again, I'm sure the kids are fantastic lacrosse players but, please stop with the excuses & how there are "three better kids on our team than the Turtles". its really getting old!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
amazingly it was only 100 degrees at the Crab Feast forn the Express, everyone else played in balmy 80 degree temps...damn you Mother nature, did your son get cut from the Terp Black team and you are taking it out on them??? Excuses, excuses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both of the turtle kids at 91. watched them at tryout and they were both skilled and smart. tough to replace that talent. great pickup for JM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both of the turtle kids at 91. watched them at tryout and they were both skilled and smart. tough to replace that talent. great pickup for JM.

Why did the turtles leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be playing time, those kids played a ton and they have a small roster which hurt them when it counted. Happens every year, parents looking to position little johnny so he is the man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 tryout numbers for the 2017 team are up 26 kids. Talk about playing time issues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope,easy to figure out the parents positioning little johnny were standing on the sidelines as coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope,easy to figure out the parents positioning little johnny were standing on the sidelines as coaches.

Exactly - and the Turtle offense had to run through little Johnny while daddy coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you're talking about. You seem to be having a hard time seeing through the smoke that Exress has been blowing your way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly - and the Turtle offense had to run through little Johnny while daddy coached.

Interesting...I wasn't aware that Coach Powers had a kid on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be playing time, those kids played a ton and they have a small roster which hurt them when it counted. Happens every year, parents looking to position little johnny so he is the man

Yes, but CHS attack already was the man. Maybe he was preventing others from looking good because he stole the spotlight? Tough to figure out? Turtles won't be the same without him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but CHS attack already was the man. Maybe he was preventing others from looking good because he stole the spotlight? Tough to figure out? Turtles won't be the same without him

Hard to steal the spot light when you're constantly told to feed the ball to the "favorites" or get pulled.
The team is (was) filled with great players, no doubt; but on every team there are naturally going to be those who display higher skill levels. Good for those who left to seek better coaching and development as young men and players.

Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard