BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 327 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't hide the fact that the 2016 YJ Gold is Not playing their 2016 more age appropriate teams in this MS division. This team has played Down many times during last winter and summer tourneys.I am responding to the person who said this team Never plays down.Playing down does not help these players get better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
" but when the YJs lose, then their team wasn't trying to win (hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Once again you seem to not understand your original post which clearly states that you believe the yellow jackets use the excuse that they were not at full strength when they lose. You have yet to give an example of such. Not sure if you realize that you were tweaking the truth or if you have problems understanding your own statements.My guess is a little bit of both but if you truly cannot understand your original post then you will never be able to back it up.

My goodness, YJ parents can't even lose an argument without making excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" but when the YJs lose, then their team wasn't trying to win (hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Once again you seem to not understand your original post which clearly states that you believe the yellow jackets use the excuse that they were not at full strength when they lose. You have yet to give an example of such. Not sure if you realize that you were tweaking the truth or if you have problems understanding your own statements.My guess is a little bit of both but if you truly cannot understand your original post then you will never be able to back it up.

Look at post 207 on this board:

"Yellow Jackets were playing with a mixed team. YJ had also played 4 games in a row that day and Capital had only played one game in the morning. See how it it is this summer when they play each with whole teams."

I would be quiet now if I were you, but I know you will not. It's going to be fun to see your attempt at squirming out of this one.

YJs....excuses, excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wait 2016 kids are in 8th grade and 2017 kids are in 7th grade so they are in correct age appropriate
brackets not playing up or down. This thread is pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to all YJ players and families supporting Lax for Hope!! Great Job

Sad that hardly any other girls lax clubs are attending according to schedule mostly HS teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to all YJ players and families supporting Lax for Hope!! Great Job

Sad that hardly any other girls lax clubs are attending according to schedule mostly HS teams

Yeah, all the other clubs are so self centered and pathetic they would never consider supporting a good cause, it is so sad. Yj's are just so much better than all the other clubs on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Oh wait 2016 kids are in 8th grade and 2017 kids are in 7th grade so they are in correct age appropriate
brackets not playing up or down. This thread is pathetic"
They are in a middle school division which includes both 7th and 8th grade teams, are you that dense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting if all these yj haters posted what club they were affiliated with , but that will never happen because most are embarrased deep down inside that their child was not good enough to play for the yellow jackets. They know that their club would not hold up to the scrutiny they try to put the yj thru.soooo sad.IMO as for the excuse situation, if you beat a yj team in a championship tournament during the travel season then congrats on being the better team ,no excuses older, younger, full moon ,too hot etc. it makes no difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly dont think that is fair to say about ALL other clubs that they dont support good causes. You may want to look into this a little more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One year makes a Big difference at this age. Why don't they play girls there own age?I don't want to get into how they did against the 2016 YJ blue team. Enough said on this topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"One year makes a Big difference at this age. Why don't they play girls there own age?I don't want to get into how they did against the 2016 YJ blue team. Enough said on this topic."
That makes no sense at all, which division do you want them to play in to play girls their own age,the next division up is the jv division which generally means high school age girls.The result of how trhey did against yj blue has absolutely no bearing on this conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roslyn, Mount Sinai, and YJ 2016 red are in their Division and are their AGE and they are not playing them in this tourney. These are the facts. Why are they Not playing the 2016's in their division? My point is this team likes playing down.Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roslyn, Mount Sinai, and YJ 2016 red are in their Division and are their AGE and they are not playing them in this tourney. These are the facts. Why are they Not playing the 2016's in their division? My point is this team likes playing down.Why?

I'msorry but you make NO sense. If my child is playing on the Middle School team, I don't think they call their coach and tell them...could you please bring only 8th graders, we don't want to play the 7th graders today. This is the Middle School Division and encompasses BOTH grades...there is NO SEPARATE grade here.

On a related note...do you think that these travel teams will change their teams to better fit the new Lacrosse rules when it comes to age groups. Will teams combine teams to fill the U9, U11, U13 etc.. Or will they just keep the teams by grade year and play them up if necessary?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a local tournament and the Coaches get together with the LOCAL Directors of this tournament to let them know the ability of their team and thats how the directors know where to place this 2016YJ gold team.Obviously their coach who does have a say in who is team is playing would rather play the younger teams, this is an ongoing problem. Does this make sense? Do you now understand the point! Once again, the players do not get better playing younger players.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"This is a local tournament and the Coaches get together with the LOCAL Directors of this tournament to let them know the ability of their team and thats how the directors know where to place this 2016YJ gold team"
Once again you have an anonymous poster who just blatantly makes stuff up about a coach.Do you know for a fact that he requested to play these teams ,I do not have a child on this team but do know the coach personally and have never known him to avoid a challenge.You post this bs about a coach but would never approach anyone in person if you think there is a problem because you are a coward.I have placed many teams in local tournaments some ask questions about teams ability some do not.Some ask depending on the number of teams registered in each division.I guarntee you will not say which team you are affiliated with ,such a coward.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"On a related note...do you think that these travel teams will change their teams to better fit the new Lacrosse rules when it comes to age groups. Will teams combine teams to fill the U9, U11, U13 etc.."
How many of the so called more elite tournaments use US lacrosse rules.Are any of the so called elite tournaments governed by US lacrosse rules?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Roslyn, Mount Sinai, and YJ 2016 red are in their Division and are their AGE and they are not playing them in this tourney. These are the facts. Why are they Not playing the 2016's in their division? My point is this team likes playing down.Why"
Every team you just mentioned who you consider to be their age plays the same exact teams the yj gold 2016 team plays,so according to you roslyn ,mt.sinai,Yj red2016 must also like playing down, yet you have no complaint against them,seems as if you have an ax to grind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Obviously their coach who does have a say in who is team is playing would rather play the younger teams"
What a moron ,post a slanderous statement about a coach showing you have no clue about lacrosse tournaments at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes that is true but at some of the summer tournaments (not all but 2 that I know of)YJ brass has input in the schedule making. Tournament schedules are made, then they are revised to accomodate YJ. Dont want to mention the tournaments. Just look at some of the scheds from last summer if they are still out. YJ teams that have a chance to win tourn, (the blue, none others even stand a chance) have a cake walk to playoffs. Tournaments will cater to YJ because they have so many teams and the threat of YJ to pull out of a tournament could cost tournaments big bucks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hearsoapot of bad things about this website and the things that are posted here. So I just wanted to check it out myself. I can't believe that we as parents go on a public forum and rip apart 13 year old girls, the teams they play on, or the coaches who coach them. This tournament is for a great cause, and only someone who lost a loved one to breast cancer can appreciate that. Play hard girls and have fun!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai and Roslyn teams are "town teams", YJ teams are a combination of many different towns so you cannot compare these teams to the YJ team. I do not have an ax to grind with this coach. A few pages back a person wrote "YJ 2016 gold never plays down" I responded to that.The 2016 YJ gold team is playing a Rocky Point 2017 town team, ya think their is something wrong with this? The coaches in general can speak with the directors and help them choose the teams that are more appropriate for their teams to play against, especially in this wonderful charity fundraiser! I know a little more than you think. Cut out the childish remarks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai and Roslyn teams are "town teams", YJ teams are a combination of many different towns so you cannot compare these teams to the YJ team. I do not have an ax to grind with this coach. A few pages back a person wrote "YJ 2016 gold never plays down" I responded to that.The 2016 YJ gold team is playing a Rocky Point 2017 town team, ya think their is something wrong with this? The coaches in general can speak with the directors and help them choose the teams that are more appropriate for their teams to play against, especially in this wonderful charity fundraiser! I know a little more than you think. Cut out the childish remarks.

It is a Fall fund raiser! who cares who is playing who? Do you really think anyone at the Yellow Jackets is going out of their way to hand pick a schedule, so one of their teams can win a Fall charity tournament? Are you people that petty and crazy? who cares! You put way too much thought into this! It is 7 v 7 ! Just be happy wherever your daughter is playing! Why so much Venom? Enjoy the tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"YJ 2016 gold never plays down" I responded to that

The problem is you seem unable or unwilling to understand the simple fact that they are a middle school age team playing in a middle school age division.There is no seperate division for graduation years 2016 and 2017.Could they have played in the jv high school division ,probably , but of course that would mean you expected them to play up in age.If you cannot comprehend the above you should perhaps be expected to be treated as a child.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The problem is you seem unable or unwilling to understand the simple fact that they are a middle school age team playing in a middle school age division.There is no seperate division for graduation years 2016 and 2017.Could they have played in the jv high school division ,probably , but of course that would mean you expected them to play up in age.If you cannot comprehend the above you should perhaps be expected to be treated as a child.
Tournament is over. Tired of reading about the Yellow Jackets 2016 placement in the middle school bracket and their game schedule. Enough already - the point has clearly been made. Conversation on that one ends now ... please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Tournament is over. Tired of reading about the Yellow Jackets 2016 placement in the middle school bracket and their game schedule. Enough already - the point has clearly been made. Conversation on that one ends now ... please.

2017 Blue won it all anyway, so all this banter playing up or doesnt mean much now does it and they did it with out the teams best player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Da you think the coach knows playing up a year is much better for the team than playing down a year against Town teams such as little Rocky Point 2017. LOL Can you appreciate the feelings of these younger girls when they get pummeled by the older team,demoralized. Its big at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen! We had a great time! I read this on occasion to humble myself and remember not to get involved... just enjoy my kids. It really was a great tournament. Kids had fun! Raised money for people who really need our energy! I enjoyed you post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Middle school is class 0f 2016 and 2017. They will play within this format in every Public School on Long Island for the entire school year in every sport.

They did not play DOWN a year and they are not obligated to play up.

What is your problem? You have NO ARGUEMENT!!!!

Why does the board entertain this person Dont post it anymore!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking into setting up a Long Island Girls Lax Tournament this summer on LI,(yes championship format, so maybee the YJ will try to win.. LOL) All teams invited Liberty, Beachbums, 91, express, topguns, wave, YJ, allstars and any others I forgot. Lets see who shows up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking into setting up a Long Island Girls Lax Tournament this summer on LI,(yes championship format, so maybee the YJ will try to win.. LOL) All teams invited Liberty, Beachbums, 91, express, topguns, wave, YJ, allstars and any others I forgot. Lets see who shows up.

All you need is one club to show up for your tournament to be a success. That one club being YJ's. They enter fifty teams in every division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 Blue won it all anyway, so all this banter playing up or doesnt mean much now does it and they did it with out the teams best player.

Really, and who would that be??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will not be there. #1 they will not give money to another LI org, without getting a cut. #2 Too much to lose, How could they take a chance of losing to a lesser LI club.

Out of the 7 age groups 2013 to 2019, YJ would win more age groups than any other club, but they have to show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only 1 YJ team in each division. preferrably all there blue teams. Can't get to big with this, not looking to make lots of money. just a little.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ wont waste their time playing Long Island Club teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true, YJs lose to Long Island Club teams. Again, such arrogance.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The perception of wasting time is different from a discussion of wins/losses.

That fact is that the Yellow Jackets believe at the most senior levels in the organization that the other Long Island franchises actually "duck" their competitions. Now, you can agree or disagree with that assessment however BOTC has heard the quotes first hand.

That said, the bottom line is that as much as one might attack the Yellow Jackets for not attending the other club tournaments on Long Island, the fact is that the Yellow Jackets are the biggest girls game in town and the other clubs need to chase them down in competition and beat them in order to change the landscape.

It is our belief that clubs like the Top Guns and Liberty to name two should be attending events like the Elite College Showcase and other Yellow Jackets events. Until those clubs make the first move, you will not see any chance in the competitive landscape.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The perception of wasting time is different from a discussion of wins/losses.

That fact is that the Yellow Jackets believe at the most senior levels in the organization that the other Long Island franchises actually "duck" their competitions. Now, you can agree or disagree with that assessment however BOTC has heard the quotes first hand.

That said, the bottom line is that as much as one might attack the Yellow Jackets for not attending the other club tournaments on Long Island, the fact is that the Yellow Jackets are the biggest girls game in town and the other clubs need to chase them down in competition and beat them in order to change the landscape.

It is our belief that clubs like the Top Guns and Liberty to name two should be attending events like the Elite College Showcase and other Yellow Jackets events. Until those clubs make the first move, you will not see any chance in the competitive landscape.

I agree with you when you say until you knock off the champ, you can't call yourself the champ. And the YJ Blue teams consistently win, it's that simple.

But perhaps YJ events are avoided by other Long Island clubs because people are tired of the way the YJs handle themselves on and off the field? You think Carol Rose wished Shannon Smith (a YJ alumn) good luck when Shannon formed Top Guns?

Also, YJ Blue teams are terrific. Gold and Green teams are not close to the level of Blue.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree with you when you say until you knock off the champ, you can't call yourself the champ. And the YJ Blue teams consistently win, it's that simple.
Correct. If we are going to discuss the competitive landscape, the Yellow Jackets Blue teams are the "Albertson" (from soccer) of the lacrosse world on Long Island for many very good reasons. From club organization to player recruitment, the Yellow Jackets have consistently provided the strongest option and therefore attracted the strongest players.

But perhaps YJ events are avoided by other Long Island clubs because people are tired of the way the YJs handle themselves on and off the field?
This is where our points of view diverge.

If you can point to specific coaching or club issues related to the Yellow Jackets, sure, those would be in-scope for discussion. However, most of the discussion to date has been about parent sideline issues and such which are not always under the remit of the club itself and to be honest are mostly hearsay.

There is certainly an aspect to the Yellow Jackets mission which is highly competitive at the top levels. This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but one has to respect the program for the quality of the product put on the field at the top levels.

You think Carol Rose wished Shannon Smith (a YJ alumn) good luck when Shannon formed Top Guns?
There are two issues going on in this observation : the first is business, the second is personal. Now, if anyone is running a business, quality competition is a challenge that has to be met. The Top Guns present that type of challenge and the Jackets do not need to stand up and welcome competition into the market. That is more than fair - and very business oriented.

Understand that there is competition for players between clubs. Obviously, everyone wants the best possible talent inside their clubs as that tends to feed upon itself as the club grows. Business competition threatens dominant positions if the challenge offers something niche or unique. The market is the ultimate arbitor of just that.

The second issue is personal : yes, BOTC does believe that there is respect between the top club coaches as players and ambassadors of the game. Whether this overshadows the business issues or is overshadowed by the business issues comes down to the personalities and situations involved.

Also, YJ Blue teams are terrific. Gold and Green teams are not close to the level of Blue.
Not sure of the relevance of this comment but regardless of sport and club, there will always be a top ranked group with others that follow. Not exactly sure that we have broken new ground here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough already with statements about how the yj handle themselves on the field.Is the problem with the players that they play too hard or that you just do not like losing.Why would the yj come to a tournament run by someone who feels the need to say someyhing childish about the yj when he first mentions the tournament. You need them way more then they need you.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 327 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard