BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 112 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all that made AS now that teams are disclosed. Good luck Maryland teams. Teams look really talented with definitely some of the best in the area between the two teams. Look forward to watching some great games in DE.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of club diversity on the AS 27 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Good for lacrosse to have multiple teams represented. Is this the best of the 27’s? Guess we’ll have to wait and see. A little surprised by who isn’t on the teams and some that are on teams in addition to some on A vs those on B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for lacrosse to have multiple teams represented. Is this the best of the 27’s? Guess we’ll have to wait and see. A little surprised by who isn’t on the teams and some that are on teams in addition to some on A vs those on B.

Keep in mind many girls didn't try out for various reasons. I'm guessing you could make a 3rd team with the girls not on red or yellow that would be just as competitive. We're very lucky to have so much talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind many girls didn't try out for various reasons. I'm guessing you could make a 3rd team with the girls not on red or yellow that would be just as competitive. We're very lucky to have so much talent.

Agree. Lots of talent, lots of the top not on either team but plenty of stars listed on both A and B.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Lots of talent, lots of the top not on either team but plenty of stars listed on both A and B.

Lots of mixed talent for an All-Star team. Some really talented girls with some average players at best. Curious to see how the PT / ball distribution works out. Do coaches even watch incoming Freshman or it this more so the next two years? Is that when we expect a most better team top to bottom?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking about these events. They watch most of the recruiting year only! 26-28 are just playing a tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of mixed talent for an All-Star team. Some really talented girls with some average players at best. Curious to see how the PT / ball distribution works out. Do coaches even watch incoming Freshman or it this more so the next two years? Is that when we expect a most better team top to bottom?

I saw the MD rosters today. Mixed talent is a nice way to say it.
I’m assuming the top girls just didn’t try out for AmSelect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking about these events. They watch most of the recruiting year only! 26-28 are just playing a tourney.

Can confirm. 2025s were not looked at at all by college coaches at AS. The earliest 27s will be looked at is fall of their sophomore year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t this the top 27’s in the Baltimore, Maryland area? I see some names I recognize so assumed this is a representation of the best in the area.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were over 150 girls there. All the "top" girls were there.

I’m assuming the top girls just didn’t try out for AmSelect?[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They botched tryouts. The coaches supposedly cut kids by accident. Then tried to fix it. You could probably make a team from the cuts that could beat both those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can only select the ones that show up. But yes, I would say a lot of the top talent decided not to show.

Is that normal, or do most people wait until after high school starts?

Or do lots of talented players decide not to partake in these events in general?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some families had conflicts or wanted a break or didn't want to spend over 1,500 when you add in hotel, food, travel, fees for 3 more days of lax.

Though not all the top talent was there, lots were, and most made either A or B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can only select the ones that show up. But yes, I would say a lot of the top talent decided not to show.

Or do lots of talented players decide not to partake in these events in general?

I can’t speak for others and each family has their own approach to recruiting but my oldest, who is playing in college, never participated in these. She played on an A Division Club team so we felt the club was enough to be seen and focused on college prospect days. This way the coaches could pay more attention to her, others interested in those schools and we could feel out the school / coach to see if it was the right fit for her. Honestly helped because one school she had high on her original list didn’t last on her list after meeting the actual coach and school. But teammates went to these and enjoyed them. Just remember these are a guarantee either way…. Making a team or not making a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with above poster. My kids never participated these events for the same reason, we felt because they were on highly competitive club teams, they would be seen plenty while having the continuous support of her coaching staff and club director. We are also not wealthy people, so we had the ability to save a lot of money by not doing these events. It worked for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can afford it and your kid genuinely wants to do it, do it. But better to save money for when coaches will actually be watching your kid play for recruiting purposes.

They may watch the 26s to start a general look at the age group, but not as intensely as the 25s. If they watch 27s and 28s it is more for fun and because they are just there. A lot can change in the next 2-3 years for 27s and 28s: players quit, players have a growth spurt and struggle, players have a growth spurt and start to dominate more, etc. The vast majority haven't touched high school lacrosse, which is typically where you see a big change for a lot of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The accidental cuts didn't help.

You could probably put together a team from the cuts that could beat both those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can confirm. 2025s were not looked at at all by college coaches at AS. The earliest 27s will be looked at is fall of their sophomore year.

Disagree slightly. Any of the August prospects d are focused on the rising sophomores as much a rising juniors. My 26 daughter went to August camps at both ND and NW and Halfpenny/Amonte were with the 26s at least 80% of the camp.

But agree, no-one is looking at 27s this year (or even next year) at AS/AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accidental cuts? Come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Accidental cuts? Come on.[/

Don’t tell Mom or Dad their DD isn’t as great as they know she is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accidental cuts? Come on.

Were there accidental cuts? No, of course not.

Can extremely talented players have an “off day?” Yes, of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree slightly. Any of the August prospects d are focused on the rising sophomores as much a rising juniors. My 26 daughter went to August camps at both ND and NW and Halfpenny/Amonte were with the 26s at least 80% of the camp.

26 will not be watch intently until November at earliest unless coaches have time between 25 games. Camps are slightly different too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing it’s a mess and they are trying to get the rosters fixed.

Accidentally cutting kids in the first place doesn’t sit right with kids (and more-so, paying parents). “Oops, my bad,” is not a good look.

Who were the coaches evaluating?

And we haven’t even gotten to the girls who made the team to begin with, that are gonna get less playing time now with new additions.

This is the mess he’s referring to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prospect days and camps are very, very different than tournaments and these showcases in this regard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same in most regions. That have many good kids that play at diff clubs. Kids spread out over A and B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes late camps could be a different story. But I was speaking of tournies and AS/AA in general. My DD is a 25 and we had no known looks from coaches at AS last summer (they weren't hard to find/pick out).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t have Skywalkers Blue blowing out Prime Time on my live love lax bingo card.

Saw Jesters play, some Head hunters on that team.

BLC 0-4, with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t have Skywalkers Blue blowing out Prime Time on my live love lax bingo card.

Saw Jesters play, some Head hunters on that team.

BLC 0-4, with

Skywalkers definitely struggled this spring, but they seem to have pulled it together this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing it’s a mess and they are trying to get the rosters fixed.

Accidentally cutting kids in the first place doesn’t sit right with kids (and more-so, paying parents). “Oops, my bad,” is not a good look.

Who were the coaches evaluating?

And we haven’t even gotten to the girls who made the team to begin with, that are gonna get less playing time now with new additions.

This is the mess he’s referring to.
Kids play well sometimes and have off days for sure. Some kids who maybe shouldn't make it, did. Some kids on the fence made it. Some kids who deserved to make it, made it. That's how the cookie crumbles.

That said, there were accidental cuts in that some of the numbers got mixed with the evaluators not having properly consolidated their lists (kids were kept by numbers being called). One girl's number was called, but she didn't hear it. That may have been the after-the-fact call. This was told to me directly by an organization coach.

Anyway, looks like there were surprises at LLL. I missed the lines though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unbiased recap of some of the action we watched this weekend. We watched a lot of games (as there was nothing else to do) and my daughter wants to try out for a higher level team. We figured before the tryouts, this was a great place to watch a lot of the teams and see if she has a chance.

YJ. Clearly the top team this weekend. Watched 2.5 of their games. Ball movement was incredible. Physical. Goalie is an absolute beast. She clears 50-60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Coaching is a different level. Constant subbing. Fresh legs. And they come in waves. When one gets a bit winded, someone just as fast switches out. I am not sure anyone can score more than 5 on these girls. If they are not at least in the finals of LFTC, I would be surprised.

Heros. Other than the loss to YJ, I thought they looked second best. Watched almost 3 games. Middies are fast. Big defenders. Ball movement is sharp. Saw them backdoor M&D with the same play multiple times. Do a great job subbing out. Liked the way they communicate on the field. Draw girl was great. I can see a YJ / Heros rematch in finals at LFTC.

FLG. Saw 2.5 games. For a team that had only 2 or 3 reserves, they play hard. When I saw that M&D was up 4 or 5, I figured it was over. Then 10 minutes later they were only down 1. They just don't give up. Goalie was solid. Coach is very vocal (which I like). Little bit of trouble clearing the ball from defensive side. Was pleasantly surprised at their ability to keep scores close and low scoring.

M&D. Saw 3 games. 3rd best team we saw. We expected more based on the #1 ranking last 2 years. Ball movement is not very sharp. Their top middie line was really good. Then it goes really flat. And I am not sure how many girls they have (looks like about 25) but they never sub except for mid line. In 3 games, we didn't see one sub at attack or defense other than at halftime. Sunday afternoon some of their kids looked gassed chasing YJ around. Against Hero's they must have had 15 turnovers. They still have lots of talent, but based on this weekend, It would be surprising to see them make it to finals at LFTC.

BLC. We are not sure what we saw. Watched 2 games. Looks like a lot of talent. Especially at attack. Goalie was strong. But she was under fire constantly. We knew this would be a tough weekend. But did not see 0-4. Something is clearly missing there. Not a lot of enthusiasm. Their season usually ends sooner than other clubs. Maybe they can find a spark next weekend. But it looks like they are paired with Aces and M&D. Could be a tough draw.

SW. Watched 2 games. Looks like they are improving. Although I believe they were in a lower competition bracket. Watched them barely beat a bad NEMS team and squeak by Liberty. Defenders are big and tough. Looks like a tough schedule as well for them next weekend against Aces and M&D.

MDU. They were fun to watch. Well coached. Defense is tough. Goalie was strong. Really good ball movement. Not sure they are at the same level as the top bracket we saw. But I wouldn't want to face them in a 20 minute game

Jesters. Physical team. Offense is a bit pedestrian. But their defense keeps things really close. Again, another team I would not want to play in a playoff game. Draw girl was solid. Kids just seem to be tough from L.I.

I will also add we were checking out parents to see if there were any issues of behavior. I have to say I thought everyone was very respectful. I didn't witness any arguments. Might be a little more vocal next week....as there is a championship at stake.

I did not want to denigrate any teams. They are certainly stronger than my daughters team. Just giving my 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unbiased recap of some of the action we watched this weekend. We watched a lot of games (as there was nothing else to do) and my daughter wants to try out for a higher level team. We figured before the tryouts, this was a great place to watch a lot of the teams and see if she has a chance.

YJ. Clearly the top team this weekend. Watched 2.5 of their games. Ball movement was incredible. Physical. Goalie is an absolute beast. She clears 50-60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Coaching is a different level. Constant subbing. Fresh legs. And they come in waves. When one gets a bit winded, someone just as fast switches out. I am not sure anyone can score more than 5 on these girls. If they are not at least in the finals of LFTC, I would be surprised.

Heros. Other than the loss to YJ, I thought they looked second best. Watched almost 3 games. Middies are fast. Big defenders. Ball movement is sharp. Saw them backdoor M&D with the same play multiple times. Do a great job subbing out. Liked the way they communicate on the field. Draw girl was great. I can see a YJ / Heros rematch in finals at LFTC.

FLG. Saw 2.5 games. For a team that had only 2 or 3 reserves, they play hard. When I saw that M&D was up 4 or 5, I figured it was over. Then 10 minutes later they were only down 1. They just don't give up. Goalie was solid. Coach is very vocal (which I like). Little bit of trouble clearing the ball from defensive side. Was pleasantly surprised at their ability to keep scores close and low scoring.

M&D. Saw 3 games. 3rd best team we saw. We expected more based on the #1 ranking last 2 years. Ball movement is not very sharp. Their top middie line was really good. Then it goes really flat. And I am not sure how many girls they have (looks like about 25) but they never sub except for mid line. In 3 games, we didn't see one sub at attack or defense other than at halftime. Sunday afternoon some of their kids looked gassed chasing YJ around. Against Hero's they must have had 15 turnovers. They still have lots of talent, but based on this weekend, It would be surprising to see them make it to finals at LFTC.

BLC. We are not sure what we saw. Watched 2 games. Looks like a lot of talent. Especially at attack. Goalie was strong. But she was under fire constantly. We knew this would be a tough weekend. But did not see 0-4. Something is clearly missing there. Not a lot of enthusiasm. Their season usually ends sooner than other clubs. Maybe they can find a spark next weekend. But it looks like they are paired with Aces and M&D. Could be a tough draw.

SW. Watched 2 games. Looks like they are improving. Although I believe they were in a lower competition bracket. Watched them barely beat a bad NEMS team and squeak by Liberty. Defenders are big and tough. Looks like a tough schedule as well for them next weekend against Aces and M&D.

MDU. They were fun to watch. Well coached. Defense is tough. Goalie was strong. Really good ball movement. Not sure they are at the same level as the top bracket we saw. But I wouldn't want to face them in a 20 minute game

Jesters. Physical team. Offense is a bit pedestrian. But their defense keeps things really close. Again, another team I would not want to play in a playoff game. Draw girl was solid. Kids just seem to be tough from L.I.

I will also add we were checking out parents to see if there were any issues of behavior. I have to say I thought everyone was very respectful. I didn't witness any arguments. Might be a little more vocal next week....as there is a championship at stake.

I did not want to denigrate any teams. They are certainly stronger than my daughters team. Just giving my 2 cents.

Was only there on Sunday due to work but here is what I saw.

YJ- really well coached and tons of talent, no holes

HG- loads of talent, patient and athletic on offense and goalie is very good

SW- looked really good against Prime Time, they have some pieces especially on D

Steps- above average team, no holes

M&D- talent everywhere, lots of me ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t watch YJ this weekend but seen them a few times. I knock on them was huge roster and lack of subbing, sounds like that is changed? Also folks critical of a simple offense that ran only iso or screens for top 2-3 kids.

Obviously very impressive scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No parent issues at all for the entire weekend which was awesome to see! Next weekend will be fun even though New Egypt isn't exactly a destination location and fields are meh especially at the Allentown location.

My biggest takeaway from LLL was there is a HUGE gap between top 5-8 teams in the country and everyone else.

For example, Skywalkers who has struggled off and on for a long time played tied against Steps (11) and won against Primetime (13) but will be in a world of hurt next weekend in the top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn’t watch YJ this weekend but seen them a few times. I knock on them was huge roster and lack of subbing, sounds like that is changed? Also folks critical of a simple offense that ran only iso or screens for top 2-3 kids.

Obviously very impressive scores.[/quote

YJ completely dominated Hero’s. We were winning 5-0 and called off the dogs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn’t watch YJ this weekend but seen them a few times. I knock on them was huge roster and lack of subbing, sounds like that is changed? Also folks critical of a simple offense that ran only iso or screens for top 2-3 kids.

Obviously very impressive scores.[/quote

YJ completely dominated Hero’s. We were winning 5-0 and called off the dogs.

Awesome. It was a showcase game.can’t wait to see the rematch in a playoff game when everyone plays to win the t shirts !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most YJ 27 parents are awful people to be around in lax and in life. See the "called off dogs" comment and many others scattered about the botc pages. Not graceful in victory or defeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
someone trying to stir up nonsense. YJ wasn't up 5-0. signed "an awful parent". hero's/MD/aces games are always fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was only there on Sunday due to work but here is what I saw.

YJ- really well coached and tons of talent, no holes

HG- loads of talent, patient and athletic on offense and goalie is very good

SW- looked really good against Prime Time, they have some pieces especially on D

Steps- above average team, no holes

M&D- talent everywhere, lots of me ball

Agree with 90% of this.

I was actually a bit shocked by the low quality of Steps, compared to other older teams from that club. They were definitely well coached, but really didn't have any scorers on offense. If they played in MD NGLL, I think they would be same level as Coppermine or Heros White.

Agree that SW has talent, but they don't clear as a team and will get exposed when they play top-15 teams.

Most of the higher number fields (13 and above) were complete disasters and probably served as equalizer in many games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No parent issues at all for the entire weekend which was awesome to see! Next weekend will be fun even though New Egypt isn't exactly a destination location and fields are meh especially at the Allentown location.

My biggest takeaway from LLL was there is a HUGE gap between top 5-8 teams in the country and everyone else.

For example, Skywalkers who has struggled off and on for a long time played tied against Steps (11) and won against Primetime (13) but will be in a world of hurt next weekend in the top bracket.

Who are the top 5-8 teams in your opinion?

Page 92 of 112 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard