BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 79 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Summer Season has started, and the rumor mill is running rampant!! I love it.
Observations from Impulse and MD payday:

1. Coppermine is King! Fast and athletic, but totally reliant on 2 girls. They will need more scoring punch as teams face guard their 2 main offensive threats! The club needs to stop overscheduling. Brutal playing both Saturday and Sunday, after playing in NC last week.

2. M&D - Team speed is slow, Offense is stagnant, Everything is run thru middies, if all faiis give it to one of their attackers and clear out. Everyone just stands around, no cutting, not movement. Defense struggles clearing the ball. Heard issues of coaches playing their kids to much.

3. MDU - Team goes as their best player goes. If she feels like playing both ends, they are good. if not, they don't fare well.

4. Skywalker's Blue - Watch out, finally got competent coach, this team is on the rise. probably the most scary team. Crush and Coppermine girls will flock here for recruiting years.
Why would Crush and Coppermine players flock their to sit the bench--if the team is on the rise and scary!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Coppermine is King! Fast and athletic, but totally reliant on 2 girls. They will need more scoring punch as teams face guard their 2 main offensive threats! The club needs to stop overscheduling. Brutal playing both Saturday and Sunday, after playing in NC last week.

2. M&D - Team speed is slow, Offense is stagnant, Everything is run thru middies, if all faiis give it to one of their attackers and clear out. Everyone just stands around, no cutting, not movement. Defense struggles clearing the ball. Heard issues of coaches playing their kids to much.

3. MDU - Team goes as their best player goes. If she feels like playing both ends, they are good. if not, they don't fare well.

4. Skywalker's Blue - Watch out, finally got competent coach, this team is on the rise. probably the most scary team. Crush and Coppermine girls will flock here for recruiting years.

Only team that was at both Impulse and MD Playday was Coppermine, so thank you for your assessment Coppermine parent. Let the pre-tryout propaganda begin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are not accurate. And quite honestly they are useless. Done by a group that doesn’t watch games. They punch scores Into their computer between candy crush games.
The us club rankings are done by a 30 year old guy who probably lives in the basement of his house. And he tells you that you have to pay him to be featured as a player to watch on his “watch list”? Please. The rankings mean nothing. Just go play your game.

Rankings are based on math, margin of victory, it’s not perfect but it’s pretty darn accurate. It’s better than random opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team that was at both Impulse and MD Playday was Coppermine, so thank you for your assessment Coppermine parent. Let the pre-tryout propaganda begin!
Yep, and I’m pretty sure we know who he is! He was called out on the thread that got deleted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly it’s sad to see all the detest on this website. 99% of this would not be on here if you had to put your name to a post. Look there are some really good teams in the 2028 and it’s impressive what that Coppermine team has done the past few years. These girls are only 13. My daughter is friends with a few of the girls on that team and have always been friendly. I have also interacted with many of the parents on Coppermine and find them very nice and engaging and complementary, i am sorry to see all the targeting they get from a few disgruntled parents and i can only imagine how frustrating it can be for the parents. I wish all the success to all the 2028 girls and hope to continue to see all the girls on all teams to continue to make friendships. When it comes to the rankings it’s not a big deal. I was happy to see a team from our state go and win the ngll. Anyone that knows 2028 lacrosse knows that Coppermine is good and eaglestix is as well and when coppermine just beat eaglestix they should be ahead of eaglestix. I could only imagine what eaglestix would be if playing in mid Atlantic. I hope the few disgruntled parents could turn that detest to something more productive and respect the people they are targeting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly it’s sad to see all the detest on this website. 99% of this would not be on here if you had to put your name to a post. Look there are some really good teams in the 2028 and it’s impressive what that Coppermine team has done the past few years. These girls are only 13. My daughter is friends with a few of the girls on that team and have always been friendly. I have also interacted with many of the parents on Coppermine and find them very nice and engaging and complementary, i am sorry to see all the targeting they get from a few disgruntled parents and i can only imagine how frustrating it can be for the parents. I wish all the success to all the 2028 girls and hope to continue to see all the girls on all teams to continue to make friendships. When it comes to the rankings it’s not a big deal. I was happy to see a team from our state go and win the ngll. Anyone that knows 2028 lacrosse knows that Coppermine is good and eaglestix is as well and when coppermine just beat eaglestix they should be ahead of eaglestix. I could only imagine what eaglestix would be if playing in mid Atlantic. I hope the few disgruntled parents could turn that detest to something more productive and respect the people they are targeting.

Amen! It is really getting old and pathetic on the few that are targeting coppermine. They really should look in the mirror and question their priorities

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! It is really getting old and pathetic on the few that are targeting coppermine. They really should look in the mirror and question their priorities

What are you guys talking about? Coppermine parents are on here trashing other teams and spreading gossip just as much as anyone else. As of recent, one parent has been spreading gossip that they overhead from 13 yo girls, that pretty much singles out a player they say is leaving their team for Coppermine. If they're going to dish it out, they can also take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, and I’m pretty sure we know who he is! He was called out on the thread that got deleted.

Anyone who has watched all 4 teams listed would come away with a similar analysis. It’s not fool to see what the strengths and weaknesses of each of the teams are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4. Skywalker's Blue - Watch out, finally got competent coach, this team is on the rise. probably the most scary team. Crush and Coppermine girls will flock here for recruiting years.[/quote]

Word on the street is that this statement is true in regards to one of these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you guys talking about? Coppermine parents are on here trashing other teams and spreading gossip just as much as anyone else. As of recent, one parent has been spreading gossip that they overhead from 13 yo girls, that pretty much singles out a player they say is leaving their team for Coppermine. If they're going to dish it out, they can also take it.

If you really think it a Coppermine parent you are one of the densest people in this planet haha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you really think it a Coppermine parent you are one of the densest people in this planet haha

I would agree. They must not be very bright!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who has watched all 4 teams listed would come away with a similar analysis. It’s not fool to see what the strengths and weaknesses of each of the teams are.

Word on the street is that this statement is true in regards to one of these teams.[/quote]
Nice try. No one is flocking to the sinking ship known as SW. I can't imagine why Coppermine girls would leave, but if top girls from any of these teams decide to switch teams, it will be to M&D, or a team not mentioned in this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush maybe. Skywalkers program in decline. Owner has to sell soon. Not in any condition to continue helping the club. It will be more chaos when he goes unfortunately. Coppermine keeps getting coaches and will be fine with recruiting too. Crush just doesn’t have the club size to do all the best tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It 100% is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are definitely gullible and wish it was a coppermine parent. But it's easy for anyone on here to pretend to be someone they wish to be. There are some mean people on here trying to [Censored] 13 year old girls lacrosse and makeup stuff about parents to deter others parents from exploring that option for their child. I wish you would think of what harm you will do when you type something on here. With all the mental health issues in our country, this only feeds to that. Be happy your child is willing and able to play this sport that many other children around the world don't have the opportunity to play. Be happy for others that have the same opportunity. Adversity is great for young minds, this world is challenging and you will win some and lose some and being able to know how to manage that and move on is one great aspect of sports! If us parents were positive on here and supported each other imagine how great it would be. I congratulate Coppermine for a great NGLL season and start to tournament season. I wish everyone on here a healthy successful tournament season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree. They must not be very bright!

Stop agreeing with your own posts. It’s sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are definitely gullible and wish it was a coppermine parent. But it's easy for anyone on here to pretend to be someone they wish to be. There are some mean people on here trying to [Censored] 13 year old girls lacrosse and makeup stuff about parents to deter others parents from exploring that option for their child. I wish you would think of what harm you will do when you type something on here. With all the mental health issues in our country, this only feeds to that. Be happy your child is willing and able to play this sport that many other children around the world don't have the opportunity to play. Be happy for others that have the same opportunity. Adversity is great for young minds, this world is challenging and you will win some and lose some and being able to know how to manage that and move on is one great aspect of sports! If us parents were positive on here and supported each other imagine how great it would be. I congratulate Coppermine for a great NGLL season and start to tournament season. I wish everyone on here a healthy successful tournament season!

So let me get this straight. Coppermine parents are not on this forum posting negative comments about other teams? They are uniquely innocent in all this? It’s everyone else in the mid Atlantic lacrosse community coming on here being negative and posing as them to try and make them look bad? I agree with you that someone can easily pose as a parent on another team, but I also don’t think there’s some big conspiracy going on here. Maybe condemn everyone for their negativity and ask everyone to tone it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush maybe. Skywalkers program in decline. Owner has to sell soon. Not in any condition to continue helping the club. It will be more chaos when he goes unfortunately. Coppermine keeps getting coaches and will be fine with recruiting too. Crush just doesn’t have the club size to do all the best tourneys.

Is it true Skywalkers tied Coppermine this past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to Tourney... they weren't even there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers didn't play in the Impulse tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played at MD Playday on Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes on Sunday at Maryland Day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the participants and what were the scores from this "Maryland Playday". Is this a tournament, or just some scrimmaging?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the number of comments this post has generated, it appears to be worth discussing. I will add a few thoughts.

First, pretty clear that Coppermine has indeed separated from the pack. They did so last summer, really, and the fact that they haven't lost to anyone but Eagle Stix (who they just answered back) this year proves the point.

Second, I thought M&D lacked its usual swagger this Spring in NGLL. Still a very talented team. The one goal loss to Coppermine at Impulse, and the wins over Crush and MD United though, seem to suggest this post is backward looking. Maybe they are putting it together for a run this summer?

Third, MDU is inconsistent; I agree. Not sure it is fair to suggest that it corresponds to the effort of one outstanding player, but I have seen them fully clicking on some days, and just not in synch on others.

Fourth, this is a pretty new take on Skywalkers. Maybe a Skywalkers dad trying to build some hype for tryouts? "Most scary" sounds like a huge stretch... Their win over M&D was a breakthrough, but they also lost to Pride, and even Stars, during NGLL. Did something happen in the last 3 weeks that transformed their potential? Not aware. If so, they should easily win their group at Live Love Lax this weekend and beat some LI teams and then Pride for the first time in 3 tries this year. I guess we will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the participants and what were the scores from this "Maryland Playday". Is this a tournament, or just some scrimmaging?

It's obvious your DD's team wasn't there. Is there a reason you care so much? No scores were kept for any of the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the Skywalkers tied with Coppermine this past weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play Days are typically a time when coaches try new things, put players in new positions, and some kids don't show. It's not really the kind of thing you use for fodder to talk smack on a message board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, but several girls were missing due to soccer. we asked them to move the playday to a different date for us but they said no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play Days are typically a time when coaches try new things, put players in new positions, and some kids don't show. It's not really the kind of thing you use for fodder to talk smack on a message board.

No one is talking smack. Not everything is an attack. It speaks to the suggestion made here several times that Skywalkers is improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, but several girls were missing due to soccer. we asked them to move the playday to a different date for us but they said no

So you wanted Maryland to move the entire play day because you were missing some girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only two girls on that team and they were both there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers 2028: The Last Jedis?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Skywalkers tied Coppermine on a scrimmage play day (where scores were allegedly not kept), and now they are the "most scary"? Maybe a little early for that call.

And Coppermine is a lot more than two players; this line of nonsense is tired. Even as good as there top middies are, you can't go on a run like they have as a two-girl team. Better description is a complete team with several standouts. Don't forget the goalie and the defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you wanted Maryland to move the entire play day because you were missing some girls?

I think they were kidding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As others have said, there were no scoreboards or flip boards for keeping score. The only people touting the score are people from either team. Seems like Skywalkers fans are thumping their chest lately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As others have said, there were no scoreboards or flip boards for keeping score. The only people touting the score are people from either team. Seems like Skywalkers fans are thumping their chest lately.

Meh...just let them. Either they will be able to put their money or their mouth is and have a great summer, or they won't...but I don't blame them for being excited at the potential.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn’t there but heard Long Island team had the upper hand in the coppermine game at NGLL? Anyone see that game?

I saw parts of it. CM was down 7-3 and came back to win 8-7...

Coppermine struggled early on against the Jesters zone (don't remember exact zone), which you don't see too much of in Maryland. Once they figured it out and got hot on the draw control, they closed strong and won the game.

Will definitely help Coppermine this summer when they start seeing more zones from other NE teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh...just let them. Either they will be able to put their money or their mouth is and have a great summer, or they won't...but I don't blame them for being excited at the potential.

i don't understand this board. Obviously no one is happy when Coppermine wins which I don't understand l. i find it refreshing that a club besides M&D and Heros has a strong team in this age group. Skywalkers 28's haven't performed well previously but they got a new coach and had a decent NGLL - beating M&D and losing to Coppermine by 2 and Stars by 1 and then a few weeks later tied coppermine and beat Stars. It seems like they're improving so I'm not sure why it's a bad thing. Good for them. i have no idea of crush or coppermine girls will go there this summer but it seems like SW will at least be in the mix now. There's enough girls playing that there is a need for lots of spots for these girls to play. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the girls who made American Select. There's a lot of different teams represented, some more than one might have excepted, which is ultimately good. Might be some tough competition, but I'm sure you'll represent the region well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Coppermine players? And a 2029 on the 2028 team?

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 79 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard