BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 277 of 322 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 321 322
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why in the world are there 3 kids on the roster who don't even live in MD much less Baltimore area, 2 from Texas and one form Tenn. I get it that they may possibly play club here but they do not represent Baltimore nor should they. Texas has a team and Tenn has a team. Why would they play for the Baltimore team? Makes no sense at all, please explain!

Honestly I've considered sending my kid to the tryouts in other regions for this purpose. "Considered" Kelly word.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why in the world are there 3 kids on the roster who don't even live in MD much less Baltimore area, 2 from Texas and one form Tenn. I get it that they may possibly play club here but they do not represent Baltimore nor should they. Texas has a team and Tenn has a team. Why would they play for the Baltimore team? Makes no sense at all, please explain!

TX and TN do not have teams for boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s shocking to see parents on this forum so upset about the results of the All American tryouts; yes that’s sarcasm. Someone stated the roster is a joke; who tried out that should have made it that didn’t? Who is on the roster that shouldn’t be? I guess your thinking is your son should be on their replacing someone. Give some insight instead of the normal [Censored] session.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boarder boys or fly-in boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like 2 very limited fly-ins from TX. The one from TN plays for Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely incorrect, TN is represented by the south and Texas by the Southwest.
My point is I'm sure they would have made their region team. That's what this is suppose to be, your home region. Not some team where yo ucan fly all over the country to see if you make it.
Who cares who they play club lacrosse for, they don't live in the Baltimore region, nor do they live in the Dc, Long Island, Phila, etc. They potentially took spots from kids who may have made who actually live, go to school, etc and represent the region they live in. Maybe they should drive to DC and tryout or Phila and tryout.
That's not what this tournament was originally about, complete joke now.
Nike is a region based tournament and so much more professionally run!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say the 91 kids aren’t elite and are only in it because their club coach conducted the tryouts and will be the head coach of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American command tryouts and roster is a joke. Kids only showing up for the first day of tryouts and being told they made the team after the first day is not a true tryout and a certain person should be ashamed of himself for taking peoples money! Then you had kids who were asked to come to the second day of tryouts only. What a joke! Everyone who tried out should demand their $260 back! They missed some strong talent and will see it when they play teams like Long Island and DC!

Same mistake with my oldest two. Happens. For younger one going to Nike National. Best kids invited. No money grab tryout with dads evaluators..All best Island and national players. Every college there. Whats it all about.
For the record, it’s not best kids invited. Most kids are. Large majority of them got the same email multiple times. It may be better run but it’s the same tactic to get you to pay to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like 2 very limited fly-ins from TX. The one from TN plays for Crabs.

All 3 play for the AA coach at 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American command tryouts and roster is a joke. Kids only showing up for the first day of tryouts and being told they made the team after the first day is not a true tryout and a certain person should be ashamed of himself for taking peoples money! Then you had kids who were asked to come to the second day of tryouts only. What a joke! Everyone who tried out should demand their $260 back! They missed some strong talent and will see it when they play teams like Long Island and DC!

Same mistake with my oldest two. Happens. For younger one going to Nike National. Best kids invited. No money grab tryout with dads evaluators..All best Island and national players. Every college there. Whats it all about.
For the record, it’s not best kids invited. Most kids are. Large majority of them got the same email multiple times. It may be better run but it’s the same tactic to get you to pay to play.

Respectfully the pp is right. Best kids on Li got invites and they didn’t money grab with tryout. Just top 30 players. Nike did it with class.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say the 91 kids aren’t elite and are only in it because their club coach conducted the tryouts and will be the head coach of the team.

100%!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely incorrect, TN is represented by the south and Texas by the Southwest.
My point is I'm sure they would have made their region team. That's what this is suppose to be, your home region. Not some team where yo ucan fly all over the country to see if you make it.
Who cares who they play club lacrosse for, they don't live in the Baltimore region, nor do they live in the Dc, Long Island, Phila, etc. They potentially took spots from kids who may have made who actually live, go to school, etc and represent the region they live in. Maybe they should drive to DC and tryout or Phila and tryout.
Nike is a region based tournament and so much more professionally run!

My bad - you are correct. And I agree with you 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%!

8 of the 23 rostered kids play for Team 91 or roughly 35% of the team. This is why club coaches in the area should not be involved in the selection process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Multiple reports of kids not showing up the first day, only second and still making teams. One of the reasons AA has gone downhill so much and is replaced by Nike.

Rosters for all of these events are at a minimum 50% determined before the tryouts even happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TX and TN do not have teams for boys

Not a state team, but the South and South West regions would cover those states. I would guess that those kids are on team 91 for the summer or some of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike is a region based tournament and so much more professionally run![/quote]

You dont think that the Nike teams are not mostly predetermined based on club or HS affiliation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the NIKE tryout is handled the right way.
The evaluators and Coaches for this team should refund the kids money who went to tryouts and thought they had a legitimate chance.
And before you start I do NOT have any dog in this fight. I just think this tournament is now becoming a National Team Club tournament in some areas.
If the kids are good enough to make the Baltimore team I am pretty confident they would have made the correct region team.
CSE should require these kids to play on the correct region team, That would only make their correct region team stronger I would think .
They can play all summer with the 91 team if that is in fact who they play for and their parents are willing to foot the bill for getting them to and from, but it is plain wrong to play for a regional team when you don't live in the region and the tournament organizers should stop the free for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the NIKE tryout is handled the right way.
The evaluators and Coaches for this team should refund the kids money who went to tryouts and thought they had a legitimate chance.
And before you start I do NOT have any dog in this fight. I just think this tournament is now becoming a National Team Club tournament in some areas.
If the kids are good enough to make the Baltimore team I am pretty confident they would have made the correct region team.
CSE should require these kids to play on the correct region team, That would only make their correct region team stronger I would think .
They can play all summer with the 91 team if that is in fact who they play for and their parents are willing to foot the bill for getting them to and from, but it is plain wrong to play for a regional team when you don't live in the region and the tournament organizers should stop the free for all.

Don't live in the region, and don't go to HS in the region. Just meet up with a team from that region to play in a tournament or two in the summer. The World Series was that way too. It is supposed to be club teams but they give a 100 mile radius as well as just 2 tournaments needed prior to the WS to be eligible for that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Mollott knows lacrosse the Gilman coach is an [Censored] who has no clue of lacrosse. Incontrera is an [Censored] and Gilman should be embarrassed! How in the world would anyone hire this [Censored]. At least Mollott understands lacrosse.

My son has not played for Mollot (yet it sounds like) but it isnt hard to see that he knows the game and can coach it. Some kids dont like his approach I am sure, this is high school, there is yelling. Heck, take a look at some of the yellers that are leaving.
When will Spalding make this announcement? Or is it rumors? People think Mollot knows lacrosse why? Because he was All American? Look up his stats he is average at best. He is a hot head and worse than the staff that has left.

Just because your kid got benched behind his kid is no reason to slam him as a coach. Get off the forum and get a life mom
Not a mom and my kid chose to go to another school. Have watched my friends kids have their confidence destroyed by this guy. No thank you. Besides he didn’t get the OC job, Cottle did. So dad go back to your [Censored] kissing of coaches and fake friends. Get off this forum.. whatever Mollot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the new coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think one reason the 91 kids are on a MD team is that they’ll be here all summer so they won’t be able to practice with the South/SW teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of cry babies on here! You guys [Censored] about everything! Bunch of Karens!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of cry babies on here! You guys [Censored] about everything! Bunch of Karens!
Well it looks like you are complaining about Karen’s. Clearly you can’t handle this forum you are a little worked up for no reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Mollott knows lacrosse the Gilman coach is an [Censored] who has no clue of lacrosse. Incontrera is an [Censored] and Gilman should be embarrassed! How in the world would anyone hire this [Censored]. At least Mollott understands lacrosse.

My son has not played for Mollot (yet it sounds like) but it isnt hard to see that he knows the game and can coach it. Some kids dont like his approach I am sure, this is high school, there is yelling. Heck, take a look at some of the yellers that are leaving.
When will Spalding make this announcement? Or is it rumors? People think Mollot knows lacrosse why? Because he was All American? Look up his stats he is average at best. He is a hot head and worse than the staff that has left.

Just because your kid got benched behind his kid is no reason to slam him as a coach. Get off the forum and get a life mom
Not a mom and my kid chose to go to another school. Have watched my friends kids have their confidence destroyed by this guy. No thank you. Besides he didn’t get the OC job, Cottle did. So dad go back to your [Censored] kissing of coaches and fake friends. Get off this forum.. whatever Mollot
Curious if those bashing him have ever actually had a kid play for him(and not cut) Yes he seems over the top angry on the sidelines, but I can name 5 others just as bad as him, if not worse. 90% of his team has been together all of these years, so he’s doing something right, and those parents seem happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman should take Rage!! My so recently met with the Gilman coach … wow there’s no one there!! The guy has zero communication skills!! How could Gilman hire him. I think there may be something really wrong with the guy. Very sad! Off to CHC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman should take Rage!! My so recently met with the Gilman coach … wow there’s no one there!! The guy has zero communication skills!! How could Gilman hire him. I think there may be something really wrong with the guy. Very sad! Off to CHC!
Where you will sit on a bench and maybe play on senior day. Go Hall!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, what a great education awaits, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious if those bashing him have ever actually had a kid play for him(and not cut) Yes he seems over the top angry on the sidelines, but I can name 5 others just as bad as him, if not worse. 90% of his team has been together all of these years, so he’s doing something right, and those parents seem happy.

Good one Rage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start naming because Mollot is up in the top 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Gilman's freshman and JV lacrosse teams do? Is the cup really 1/2 empty in terms of talent after next year? Might some BL players from their freshman and JV teams transfer to Gilman because of the boarder influx? Perhaps, some talent sitting on the sidelines at huge schools like CHC and Loyola might be tempted to transfer because of lacking opportunities.
[quote=Anonymous]

Gilman JV 8-5
Gilman frosh 5-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi Mark!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start naming because Mollot is up in the top 3.
Grow thicker skin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding named Sean Cottle the OC - not Mollot and then named Gunnar Schmoler the DC

Funny Hawks doesnt list Mollot as the 2026 Green Coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding named Sean Cottle the OC - not Mollot and then named Gunnar Schmoler the DC

Why do people care so much about other teams? If you dont like the guy, who cares? Why are you on their website?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people care so much about other teams? If you dont like the guy, who cares? Why are you on their website?
Right. If you don't like him, don't play for him. If your friends don't like him, then don't play for him. The only people who should care are the ones on the team, and they don't seem to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Gilman plays juniors on their JV and the JV and Frosh Soph are basically the same teams. All the schools freshman and sophomore’s play varsity!! Gilman has no good sophomores or freshman.

Fire the COACH NOW!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Gilman plays juniors on their JV and the JV and Frosh Soph are basically the same teams. All the schools freshman and sophomore’s play varsity!! Gilman has no good sophomores or freshman.

Fire the COACH NOW!!

Check the roster, no juniors on JV and very few sophomores. Majority of team freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fire the COACH NOW!!

You do know that the quality and number of ‘25s and ‘26s is attributed to the head coach that was recruiting players in 2020 and 2021, right?

Give the dude another year to see what type of talent he brings in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He brought in no one for the up coming year !! It’s already known where the ‘27’s are going and it isn’t Gilman. Three to four kids have already informed the school that they are transferring out. Keep him any longer and you may not have a program left. Winning in JV is not necessarily a good thing. It’s a dead program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He brought in no one for the up coming year !! It’s already known where the ‘27’s are going and it isn’t Gilman. Three to four kids have already informed the school that they are transferring out. Keep him any longer and you may not have a program left. Winning in JV is not necessarily a good thing. It’s a dead program.

Where are the top Baltimore 27s going?

Like Reply Quote
Page 277 of 322 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 321 322
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard