BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quiet here...no comments... I mean excuses from the M&D parents. They fell apart in the first half of the Coppermine game. Defense and goalies came up short. Hard to recover from a 9-3 half time score. I am sure they will drop in the rankings. Egos bruised too. I'm not sure they can recover this summer. I don't think they can catch Heros or Coppermine.

get a life

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quiet here...no comments... I mean excuses from the M&D parents. They fell apart in the first half of the Coppermine game. Defense and goalies came up short. Hard to recover from a 9-3 half time score. I am sure they will drop in the rankings. Egos bruised too. I'm not sure they can recover this summer. I don't think they can catch Heros or Coppermine.

6th grade girls lacrosse. Find a hobby bud!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Heros - they were clearly the class of the region and a step above the rest. Also a tip of the hat to Md United who pushed them to the brink and is right on par with Coppermine and M&D. Good luck to Heros at the NGLL championships and to everyone else on the Tournament circuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 2 well played semi-final games and championship game.

1- Heros is the definitive top team in the country.
2.-Coppermine
3- M&D black
4-- MD United
5- Eagle Stix
6-10 NY teams

Will be interesting how the summer tournaments play out as you deal with weather,number of games played, officials, new opponents, etc.

Best of luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see Heros and Eagle Stix play. I think those 2 are in a tier by themselves. Rankings don't matter as much now since ES only played one national tourney in the fall.

Just based on eye test though. Those feel like the most talented squads.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see Heros and Eagle Stix play. I think those 2 are in a tier by themselves. Rankings don't matter as much now since ES only played one national tourney in the fall.

Just based on eye test though. Those feel like the most talented squads.

I would say physically they match up well. Lots of strong, tall, athletic girls, especially at the midfield position for both teams. Heros has the advantage skill and game experience wise as they play tougher competition througout the year,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, lots being said here. I'm glad a friend alerted me to take a look. I debated letting this go, but it is so far off I felt I needed to respond. This is Kelly Trethewey, #19s mom. Just for the record, I have never posted on here and never would promote my own 12 year old player this shamelessly. Our Hero's girls all work hard and I'm sure your girls do too. That day was a particularly good day for my #19 and M&D also played well. It was just her day. The best part about our group of Hero's girls is that any one of them can have a great day any given day or work together to even out the scoring among them all. I honestly don't think we have a "best" player. Many can step up and be the "best" player on a particular day. They like passing the ball to one another because they LIKE each other which results in lots of points. I wasn't even at the game since I was in Boston with my son, but I did hear the refs were not good from parents on both sides.

Congrats to the teams and the girls that made the NGLL playoffs. Maryland United, that was quite a game in the semis. Fun to watch...though nerve wracking too! It could have ended either way. From the experiences with my older son, I know that so much can change with these young athletes from this time until sophomore year in high school. Enjoy the ride and celebrate your kids, but don't make things up and accuse others of posting here when it isn't true.... especially behind an "anonymous" post. If I was guessing I'd say the same jaded person that posted the comment, posted the call outs. Some people just can't help themselves I guess. If I ever want to post, I'll always attach my name...you'll know it's me. As for my husband, he doesn't even know this chat exists so saying he did it was quite comical. Best of luck to all this summer. smile We always enjoy seeing the girls we know on other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying enjoy it now because your son isn’t even ranked on any lacrosse high school list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kelly, I don’t even know you and I know you didn’t write the 4 goal post. Nor are all the posts claiming to be parents on your team real. No one is insulting a player that just helped a team win a big game. Instead, it is a group of dads trying to cause infighting on other teams because they aren’t happy with their situation. Also, this forum is definitely not about brothers of 29 girls, random post there.

Good luck at Nationals. Bring a championship back to Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying enjoy it now because your son isn’t even ranked on any lacrosse high school list?

Who cares about her son? Nice dig though - I’m sure you were a real athletic legend who has transitioned into an online troll.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew what list her son was on you’d never have made that comment! #Troll Hahahaha. Let’s get back to the 29 girls. When is the next Coppermine vs M&D matchup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Kelly. How appalling that some over obsessed parent would go to such lengths to try to make a 12 year old player and her family look bad to others reading this. Whoever is creating these false narratives needs to get a life. They obviously don't understand what it takes to have a winning team of skilled 12 year old girls like Hero's has. they are most likely someone who thinks his own daughter should be considered the "best player" on the team and therefore also probably on one of the falling teams. Skilled winning teams on this level don't work like this with 1 "best player". Instead they will show all of the players standing out at different times/different games because all of them are working together in making passes to make the best plays for the team as a whole. This is what Hero's does. Other teams who don't play this way will start to fall around this age and I think we are beginning to see it happen. The competitions skills and game awareness is getting better and will squash teams who think they can win with "glory girls" in a team sport on this level. We are not in 2nd grade rec anymore. Anyone who knows the game also knows that type of mentality will destroy a whole entire team. The dialogue further supports the better clubs growing efforts to screen the parents before accepting a new child onto their team. I feel sorry for the daughter of this parent but I'm also very glad she isn't on our team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it will be in the June 3 tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s everyone’s feeling on the Long Island Teams? Do you feel any of them are a threat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Heros on their NGLL championship and to the MVP (who happen to not be number 12 😉). NXT played a great championship game. Fun to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games tomorrow between the next tier of local teams with M&D & MDU and Coppermine all playing one another, with NXT in the same bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Heros on their NGLL championship and to the MVP (who happen to not be number 12 😉). NXT played a great championship game. Fun to watch!

Do you care to share feedback on the championship tournament in NC? Was it well run and organized? Worth the money? Good competition? Etc, etc…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did summer tournaments go for everyone today? Any out of state teams impress?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did summer tournaments go for everyone today? Any out of state teams impress?

NXT beat M&D by 5, MDU by 1 and tied Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Impulse was a decent turn out. No Heros or YJ but, In the top bracket;

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW looked like they have improved a ton. They won which was probably the second best division. Beating M&D red and Legends.

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

It was a bad day for M&D. All around but, their Black team just isn’t deep enough to play with top teams in these showcases where teams tend to give everyone equal playing time. The fall off in talent is noticeable. I expect them to struggle this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW looked like they have improved a ton. They won which was probably the second best division. Beating M&D red and Legends.

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

It was a bad day for M&D. All around but, their Black team just isn’t deep enough to play with top teams in these showcases where teams tend to give everyone equal playing time. The fall off in talent is noticeable. I expect them to struggle this summer.

Second best division? Did you look at the brackets?
The second best division was definitely the one with Integrity in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Why in middle school when not a single college scout is there would there be equal playing time? I get it in HS showcases but if you’re paying to be on M&D in middle school, wouldn’t you want to play for a team where work and talent is rewarded and you play to win? I’m almost positive no team is playing M&D with an equal playing time mentality. Makes it tough to win those games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Why in middle school when not a single college scout is there would there be equal playing time? I get it in HS showcases but if you’re paying to be on M&D in middle school, wouldn’t you want to play for a team where work and talent is rewarded and you play to win? I’m almost positive no team is playing M&D with an equal playing time mentality. Makes it tough to win those games.

Story we get is it's the "M&D philosophy". Not sure how accurate that is or not and I have no issue with equal playing time if the kids deserve to be on the field and earn it. Meaning, they may not be there skill wise but they made the team, work hard and so they deserve time. However, there is zero accountability for bad selfish play or for not working hard in practice. At least in a showcase format because your playing time in a showcase is the same. Not exactly the ideal situation but it was made clear there would be equal playing time in showcases. So it's hard to be upset but can definitely be frustrating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Fine 2A and 2B 😉

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Imagine putting player development over winning a 6th grade lacrosse game where nothing but bragging rights is at stake, M&D really needs to get their priorities straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is no championship to be won, I applaud equal playing time at every age level. Everyone pays the same amount to play, why not let everyone play when there is no trophy to win? You only get better by playing. You sound like a selfish parent whose player had to sit to give someone else a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Imagine putting player development over winning a 6th grade lacrosse game where nothing but bragging rights is at stake, M&D really needs to get their priorities straight.

Development is what practice is for. Games are where those who earned it, play. If you want to just get to play fine... that's called rec. This is the problem with club. It is so diluted that we now have an "everyone gets a trophy" rec mentality in club sports. It's made its way to the top.

This is the TOP club in the country per M&D. So yeah, you expect something a little different than a rec mentality. Every kid should have to earn their way on the field. This could also be why M&D is struggling to get kids these days at the younger ages. They have lost their edge imho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

This is exactly why when we left our smaller club last summer we didn't even consider M&D. Where we are now instills hard work and development all week and in the off season. Girls know to get time on the field they have to work and earn it. There are clubs passing M&D 29 because they are actually developing players and coaches are holding them to a higher standard. Different philosophy and one isn't right or wrong but, one seems to be more proven to be effective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Development is what practice is for. Games are where those who earned it, play. If you want to just get to play fine... that's called rec. This is the problem with club. It is so diluted that we now have an "everyone gets a trophy" rec mentality in club sports. It's made its way to the top.

This is the TOP club in the country per M&D. So yeah, you expect something a little different than a rec mentality. Every kid should have to earn their way on the field. This could also be why M&D is struggling to get kids these days at the younger ages. They have lost their edge imho.

Being able to play in games provides players with invaluable experience that playing in practice never will. Playing against different players, different defenses and offenses, decision making, handling the pressure, etc. To say there's no development to be had in games is just ridiculous, and if a player isn't being allowed to see the field, they need to go somewhere else. Also, saying that playing time is a reward for hard work (I assume your the same commenter as before) implies non-starters don't work hard, which is untrue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

WOW. Glad you aren't a parent on my kid's team. Selfish P****

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

WOW. Glad you aren't a parent on my kid's team. Selfish P****

And I will be happy when they are no longer a parent on our team. For all of those reading this from another team. These parents are the minority. This isn't who we are. We would love to have some great parents and players join our team this summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Being able to play in games provides players with invaluable experience that playing in practice never will. Playing against different players, different defenses and offenses, decision making, handling the pressure, etc. To say there's no development to be had in games is just ridiculous, and if a player isn't being allowed to see the field, they need to go somewhere else. Also, saying that playing time is a reward for hard work (I assume your the same commenter as before) implies non-starters don't work hard, which is untrue.

Well said and in agreement, spot on. Players do work hard in practice, do show they "earn" playing time and belong out there. Some coaches ignore that and just play favorites or play to win at all costs, even when talent is similar. Game development is very important and surprising others don't see that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games are just as important as practice in terms of development. And what about those players that never miss but are just not quite at the level as some others that do miss a lot of practice? Sure, Player A is better than Player B. But A misses a lot of time for another sport and B never misses and is improving, just at a slower rate. Does B not deserve to play?

There is no simulation for playing against other teams and playing with officials - some refs are great and some are not, one things players need to develop is adjusting to how a game is being officiated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: the string above - I saw SW play and they appear to have improved as individual players and as a team. That being said, theres a layer of mid-tier A teams (Pride, Integrity, NL, BLC) that were not at this past weekends tourney. Would have been good to see how they (SW) fared against those teams. Not taking anything away from those SW girls, but Legends is an elevated B team and M&D Red and MDU West are solid B teams. Good luck to all as tourney season progresses!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Well said and in agreement, spot on. Players do work hard in practice, do show they "earn" playing time and belong out there. Some coaches ignore that and just play favorites or play to win at all costs, even when talent is similar. Game development is very important and surprising others don't see that.

Don't feed the trolls. These aren't even M&D parents. This is what happens, other clubs come on here and run their mouth to make M&D not appealing to their players and families. Just let the trolls go on and ignore them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the top teams play 100% equal playing time. However, some of the top teams play every player in every game (even NGLL playoffs and summer tournament playoffs). M&D 2029 Black is not one of those team. Unfortunately, several players did not step on the field during their semifinal game vs Coppermine. And it certainly wasn't the first time that has happened this year or in prior years.

Every coach, team, and program has to balance and make decisions between trying to win vs. developing and playing all players. You can't always do both. And every parent and player has to decide what is more important to them.

M&D 29 Black is a very good team. But at what cost?
And they certainly aren't the only ones. The pressure to win to attract and retain the best talent is significant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: the string above - I saw SW play and they appear to have improved as individual players and as a team. That being said, theres a layer of mid-tier A teams (Pride, Integrity, NL, BLC) that were not at this past weekends tourney. Would have been good to see how they (SW) fared against those teams. Not taking anything away from those SW girls, but Legends is an elevated B team and M&D Red and MDU West are solid B teams. Good luck to all as tourney season progresses!

Integrity, BLC and Next Level all played in in last weekend's tournament:

Integrity 9
Next Level 6

Integrity 7
Renegades 4

BLC 8
Integrity 7

Next Level 7
BLC 6

Next Level 11
Renegades 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the top teams play 100% equal playing time. However, some of the top teams play every player in every game (even NGLL playoffs and summer tournament playoffs). M&D 2029 Black is not one of those team. Unfortunately, several players did not step on the field during their semifinal game vs Coppermine. And it certainly wasn't the first time that has happened this year or in prior years.

Every coach, team, and program has to balance and make decisions between trying to win vs. developing and playing all players. You can't always do both. And every parent and player has to decide what is more important to them.

M&D 29 Black is a very good team. But at what cost?
And they certainly aren't the only ones. The pressure to win to attract and retain the best talent is significant.

So now M&D 29 problem is that they DON'T play all their players? People need to make up their minds.

The PP criticized M&D for playing all players in showcases and said it is equal to giving everyone a trophy and doesn't reward talent and hard work. But the reward for talent and hard work is getting to play significant minutes when it counts. Like an NGLL playoff. This unfortunately leaves some sitting the bench in important games. However, to mitigate that and still give players game experience, it makes good sense to then ensure they get a decent amount of playing time in games where a championship is not on the line, like in showcases.

I am sure plenty of teams take this approach, and it seems like a decent middle ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

Fine 2A and 2B 😉

I’ll take it lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to MDU on the LFC Championship. Their 2nd in 3 years! The top bracket was tough and some great games but the biggest surprise had to be the Integrity upset of Heros in the playoffs... paving the way for a new number 1?

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard