BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 112 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing it’s a mess and they are trying to get the rosters fixed.

Accidentally cutting kids in the first place doesn’t sit right with kids (and more-so, paying parents). “Oops, my bad,” is not a good look.

Who were the coaches evaluating?

And we haven’t even gotten to the girls who made the team to begin with, that are gonna get less playing time now with new additions.

What do you mean? You saying girls who didn’t get callbacks are now being offered spots?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accidentally cutting kids in the first place doesn’t sit right with kids (and more-so, paying parents). “Oops, my bad,” is not a good look.

And we haven’t even gotten to the girls who made the team to begin with, that are gonna get less playing time now with new additions.

They cut girls by "accident" and are now inviting them to play? So, the rosters will be even bigger? Sounds like a well oiled machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They cut girls by "accident" and are now inviting them to play? So, the rosters will be even bigger? Sounds like a well oiled machine.

Keep feeding those cash grabs. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disgusting money grab. Selling to the 28 class now. Lots of money to be made selling a product to youth sports parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one accidentally cut kids? Are you saying some that worked hard to make it and got an offer should have been cut? And the evaluators know some of the cut girls well enough to know they got cut but shouldn’t have so they are now getting offers too? Or is it just parents of girls that got cut complaining? Not sure what the “mess” is that you are speaking of. Last year they didn’t post team until June.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disgusting money grab. Selling to the 28 class now. Lots of money to be made selling a product to youth sports parents.

Yes, $150+ to tryout plus $700+ expenses just to play some games.

At least AU has the draw of the Pros (also has it's issues) but at least the Pros are there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, $150+ to tryout plus $700+ expenses just to play some games.

At least AU has the draw of the Pros (also has it's issues) but at least the Pros are there.

Did AU, yes its cool for your kid to interact with former top college players, but there is little to no coaching and the coaches only there to sub kids in and out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Odd that AmSelect hasn't published their MD rosters yet.
Probably better that way.
Gonna be lots of surprises on there.

Many top players moved over to All American this year. MD American Select team struggled last year so this year might be the same.

Only one 2027 made AA this year. Not sure where you are seeing all these top players there. I would say most of the top talent was at Am Select tryouts. And the 2026 MD Red team won it last year, so don’t know where you are coming up with all these facts. Unless it is just jealousy that your daughter didn’t either make a team or didn’t make the top one

The "lower top half" of class talent was at AM Select. All fine players but really the 50-75 percentile range.
If you are remotely familiar with the age group, you'll see it when the rosters are released.
When they play other regions it will be even more apparent.
AA is the superior product this year.

Will any region(s) give Maryland a tough matchup at AS or will they run away with it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI , Conny or DC will compete to win it all at all age groups. Md might win one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS Florida and Georgia will be in the conversation is my bet as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS Florida and Georgia will be in the conversation is my bet as well.

Georgia should make final 4 in all age groups and CT in the 25s and 26s. Basically have a full club team is a massive advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean? You saying girls who didn’t get callbacks are now being offered spots?

Not sure if is accidentally being cut. More like being waitlisted. I know a number of girls who tried out and wanted to make the team as a resume builder, but had no intention of actually playing for it.

Just got confirmation that AA will be moving up their tryouts to right before the HS season next year so it will be interesting to see how that impacts the talent split between the two events at old age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if is accidentally being cut. More like being waitlisted. I know a number of girls who tried out and wanted to make the team as a resume builder, but had no intention of actually playing for it.

Just got confirmation that AA will be moving up their tryouts to right before the HS season next year so it will be interesting to see how that impacts the talent split between the two events at old age groups.

AS has their tryouts during high school season. They will move them earlier and earlier to get the $150 tryout fee abs $700 player fee locked in for a resume builder!! Highlight always had the most talent and 25 AS took a hit in some areas with them adding the Burn division. Younger kids that aren’t being recruited will still have a cheap option and an expensive one that benefits Steps and his club friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AS has their tryouts during high school season. They will move them earlier and earlier to get the $150 tryout fee abs $700 player fee locked in for a resume builder!! Highlight always had the most talent and 25 AS took a hit in some areas with them adding the Burn division. Younger kids that aren’t being recruited will still have a cheap option and an expensive one that benefits Steps and his club friends.

Do you guys really think AA is apolitical? Only ONE evaluator is not affiliated with a club or school. I detest to break it to you, but both have their issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you guys really think AA is apolitical? Only ONE evaluator is not affiliated with a club or school. I detest to break it to you, but both have their issues.[/quote]

AA is the worst. American Select came into existence because of how bad AA is. Club and high school coaches back room deal and always get the players they want chosen. sometime they're the top players but sometimes not. same clubs have coaches as evaluators year after year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one accidentally cut kids? Are you saying some that worked hard to make it and got an offer should have been cut? And the evaluators know some of the cut girls well enough to know they got cut but shouldn’t have so they are now getting offers too? Or is it just parents of girls that got cut complaining? Not sure what the “mess” is that you are speaking of. Last year they didn’t post team until June.

None of the regions w tryouts last weekend have posted rosters so it’s not a case or last minute adds as you claim- more of a delayed posting due to long holiday weekend. They are not adding extra players- you’ll see when the rosters come out
They can only take a certain number per team- not sure where you got your info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once AS started adding multiple teams, it weakened it's value and showed how much of a money grab it is IMO. It's supposed to be the best of the best. 3 teams pre age group for LI is just ridiculous and made it lose a lot of credibility.

Both AS and AA are political. Evaluators and coaches will pretty much always have some sort of agenda. It's life. People saying 1 of the 2 is not political are kidding themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the regions w tryouts last weekend have posted rosters so it’s not a case or last minute adds as you claim- more of a delayed posting due to long holiday weekend. They are not adding extra players- you’ll see when the rosters come out
They can only take a certain number per team- not sure where you got your info

So kids that were offered a yellow spot but getting moved to red isn’t happening ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once AS started adding multiple teams, it weakened it's value and showed how much of a money grab it is IMO. It's supposed to be the best of the best. 3 teams pre age group for LI is just ridiculous and made it lose a lot of credibility.

Both AS and AA are political. Evaluators and coaches will pretty much always have some sort of agenda. It's life. People saying 1 of the 2 is not political are kidding themselves.

^exactly this. I see 4(!) Long Island teams in the 2026 group this year. If you do not get invited to the top team (red), save your money. Your daughter will most likely be disappointed, especially if she plays for a top club team or starts for a top-5 club in the area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So kids that were offered a yellow spot but getting moved to red isn’t happening ?

Then girls who didn’t even make final game at tryouts get invited to yellow. At other tryouts, the evaluators at least seem to be paying attention most of the time. Not hiding under a tent on their phones like at AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then girls who didn’t even make final game at tryouts get invited to yellow. At other tryouts, the evaluators at least seem to be paying attention most of the time. Not hiding under a tent on their phones like at AS.

[Censored], my daughter is still on the brown team. SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to discredit the teams our girls made and are proud of. The money we spend does impact you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fear not everyone, the rosters will be out soon enough, and you can all start breaking your workday boredom trying to bring down 8th and 9th grade girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to discredit the teams our girls made and are proud of. The money we spend does impact you.

"No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been through both processes, while both are political, I've found the AA to be a better experience.

The big difference is that for AA you have biases from coaches who are at tryouts and for AS you have the biases for club owners who aren't there.

AA doesn't inflate its rosters and everyone who is on the team is someone who the coach actually wants. This means everyone who makes the roster have a better chance of getting some playing time.

For AS, the folks coaching the team have no input-- its just the college coach evaluators who create the initial roster and then the club directors who bloat the roster.

If you see any AS roster with more than 22 girls, you know its because a club director added his/her own players. And then when it comes to playing time, guess which players will get little to no PT -- the girls who made it on their own or the ones added by the club directors who also decide who is coaching the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you guys really think AA is apolitical? Only ONE evaluator is not affiliated with a club or school. I detest to break it to you, but both have their issues.

AA is the worst. American Select came into existence because of how bad AA is. Club and high school coaches back room deal and always get the players they want chosen. sometime they're the top players but sometimes not. same clubs have coaches as evaluators year after year[/quote]

In the past AA has not paid it's evaluators or coaches. So they are doing this for free. Do you think a LI/Mid West coach is going to come to Baltimore for FREE to be a unbiased evalutaor? I'm not saying AA is perfect but considering AA is not owned/run by 2 club directors I'd take my chances with AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's honestly just a pick your poison with AA vs AS. Neither are perfect and both have politics. Be glad both are hosted in the midatlantic for better ease at getting to and from vs having major travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AA is the worst. American Select came into existence because of how bad AA is. Club and high school coaches back room deal and always get the players they want chosen. sometime they're the top players but sometimes not. same clubs have coaches as evaluators year after year

In the past AA has not paid it's evaluators or coaches. So they are doing this for free. Do you think a LI/Mid West coach is going to come to Baltimore for FREE to be a unbiased evalutaor? I'm not saying AA is perfect but considering AA is not owned/run by 2 club directors I'd take my chances with AA.[/quote]

AA formerly UAAA has paid its coaches a stipend along with hotel fees and about $500 worth of UA gear. Not sure how they do it now that they are no longer affiliated with UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the past AA has not paid it's evaluators or coaches. So they are doing this for free. Do you think a LI/Mid West coach is going to come to Baltimore for FREE to be a unbiased evalutaor? I'm not saying AA is perfect but considering AA is not owned/run by 2 club directors I'd take my chances with AA.[/quote]

Isn’t AS run by a club director too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the past AA has not paid it's evaluators or coaches. So they are doing this for free. Do you think a LI/Mid West coach is going to come to Baltimore for FREE to be a unbiased evalutaor? I'm not saying AA is perfect but considering AA is not owned/run by 2 club directors I'd take my chances with AA.

Isn’t AS run by a club director too?[/quote]

STEPS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEPS[/quote]

Correct and also by YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEPS

Correct and also by YJ[/quote]

With Porch and Ct Grizz , Fla select and Monster as their puppets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The puppets have their own agendas and politics too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love puppets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true! No M&D black 27’s are going to NDP.

Wrong. I know 3, all mids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true! No M&D black 27’s are going to NDP.

Wrong. I know 3, all mids

All the backups. The main ones are headed to McDonogh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love puppets
The Muppets, especially.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting! I know one m&d midi and she already goes to ndp. The in the other is a attacker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting! I know one m&d midi and she already goes to ndp. The in the other is a attacker.

The one who’s already at ndp is one of the best mids in country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one who’s already at ndp is one of the best mids in country[/quote]

That’s funny Dad! Their best mids are going to Man Valley , Sp and Mcd. Their middies all must be top players.

Page 91 of 112 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard