BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 80 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 79 80
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wasn’t there but heard Long Island team had the upper hand in the coppermine game at NGLL? Anyone see that game?

I saw parts of it. CM was down 7-3 and came back to win 8-7...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not going to Heros or M&D. Heros doesn’t have great recruiting resources. M&D is a weaker team. Colleges look at players and will form a relationship with clubs with best players. Coppermine will be just fine. Lots if buzz about Heros and M&D kids signing up to tryout for Coppermine. We will see what’s true.

No clue who is going where, but the suggestion that college coaches are going to be looking at Coppermine instead of Heros and M&D because they've won games in 7th grade by a few point margin is so shortsighted. Not to mention, M&D and Heros don't have to "form connections" with colleges because their clubs already have longstanding relationships. Same goes for Skywalkers. I'm sure Coppermine is going to be just fine, but so are the other top clubs.

College coaches will look at the best players on top teams for sure. Just because they play for what you still think is the top 3 in the area doesn’t mean a school will take that player. SW talent is falling off to low d1 at best in years 27-29. They need athletes bad. M&D better lock down one of their top midfielders. Hear she is looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a kid who plays on M&D Black leave? And if they aren't playing, then they prob aren't playing on another top A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a kid who plays on M&D Black leave? And if they aren't playing, then they prob aren't playing on another top A team.

Good player for sure. They will help new team. Just keep eyes open

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not going to Heros or M&D. Heros doesn’t have great recruiting resources. M&D is a weaker team. Colleges look at players and will form a relationship with clubs with best players. Coppermine will be just fine. Lots if buzz about Heros and M&D kids signing up to tryout for Coppermine. We will see what’s true.

No clue who is going where, but the suggestion that college coaches are going to be looking at Coppermine instead of Heros and M&D because they've won games in 7th grade by a few point margin is so shortsighted. Not to mention, M&D and Heros don't have to "form connections" with colleges because their clubs already have longstanding relationships. Same goes for Skywalkers. I'm sure Coppermine is going to be just fine, but so are the other top clubs.

College coaches will look at the best players on top teams for sure. Just because they play for what you still think is the top 3 in the area doesn’t mean a school will take that player. SW talent is falling off to low d1 at best in years 27-29. They need athletes bad. M&D better lock down one of their top midfielders. Hear she is looking.

Agree that the SW talent seems to be falling off. They didn't have a playoff team from any of their 27-29 teams.

As for M&D, if you are one of the top players, you aren't going anywhere. Of the Top 5, there's no other club that would make sense to move too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. They will pick up a player or two and be a solid top 5 team in a couple of years. Skywalkers is in a ton of trouble and will continue to bleed talent in all years. I’m not sure how they messed up so many years with non-competitive teams. The 25 team is the last of Skywalkers kids getting recruited to top tier programs. Hero’s, MD United, Crush and Coppermine all have the teams they need and will all be solid top 10 teams when it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. They will pick up a player or two and be a solid top 5 team in a couple of years. Skywalkers is in a ton of trouble and will continue to bleed talent in all years. I’m not sure how they messed up so many years with non-competitive teams. The 25 team is the last of Skywalkers kids getting recruited to top tier programs. Hero’s, MD United, Crush and Coppermine all have the teams they need and will all be solid top 10 teams when it matters.
I'll help you. The owner is about done, and they've historically filled their program with [Censored] coaches that demean the players. Now that there is a better alternative in Coppermine (and Crush for the younger age groups), the community voted with their feet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW 26 has talent, but after that the cupboard is bare

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW 26 has talent, but after that the cupboard is bare
26 is average !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that the SW talent seems to be falling off. They didn't have a playoff team from any of their 27-29 teams.

As for M&D, if you are one of the top players, you aren't going anywhere. Of the Top 5, there's no other club that would make sense to move too.

Only obvious reason to move would be if it was a playing time issue...and if that is the case...making move to Coppermine who is already very strong on middie is a risk. But, there are unhappy players on every single team for a wide range of reasons (quitting lax, playing time, position, coaching, recruiting). All these teams will loose girls and most will also gain.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder how much this player appreciates her "future team" gossiping about her plans with the Internet. I realize names have not been named, but M&D only has a handful of middis and posts have gone out of their way to say she's a "top middi." Maybe just let her make her decision in peace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH MY GOD!!! COLLEGE COACHES WILL NOT BE WATCHING YOUR DAUGHTERS THIS SUMMER! OR NEXT SUMMER!!! Please for the love of all things your daughters, let them enjoy this time! Once they get to summer after freshman year, playing club becomes a job, no matter how you look at it, and you are going to wish you had the middle school years back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder how much this player appreciates her "future team" gossiping about her plans with the Internet. I realize names have not been named, but M&D only has a handful of middis and posts have gone out of their way to say she's a "top middi." Maybe just let her make her decision in peace.

Maybe she shouldn’t be running her mouth to her friends !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok skyweakers dad but isnt it about recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what or who is considered a top middie from M&D leaving but seems like a troll stirring up rumors. Moving from M&D to say MDU or Skywalkers makes no sense. Hero’s, Crush and Coppermine are already solid at middie and playing time would be tough if at all.

M&D will be just fine and will pickup some good players this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying that this intel comes from a private conversation between 13yos?

I highly doubt a 13yo would even conceive of a world in which a conversation with her friends (if that is what happened) would lead to middle aged adults discussing her online. And it really should never!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to reevaluate your sports parent priorities... friends are supposed to be the people you talk to when making decisions. They aren't in the CIA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents create this teenage drama allowing kids to feel entitled. The grass is always greener somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to reevaluate your sports parent priorities... friends are supposed to be the people you talk to when making decisions. They aren't in the CIA.
Agree. It’s the parents drilling their kids for information that is causing the issue. It’s the parents doing the talking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents create this teenage drama allowing kids to feel entitled. The grass is always greener somewhere else.

Sometimes the grass is greener elsewhere though, just depends on various factors.

Thoughts on what team will have the most new players at tryouts this year looking to move?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new rankings are out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagle Stix #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagle Stix passing Coppermine in the rankings shows how uneven the NGLL National Championships are...

Coppermine lost -6.3 ranking points in a game they won by 7 against a team called Lakeshore that doesn't appear to have won a region.

They also lost ranking points in a game with Yellow Jackets South that they WON BY 17 goals (only 10 count for Goal Differential in rankings).

This will balance out in tournament season, but once you get in the top 5, it hurts you to play anyone outside the top 30 or so, because even if you win in dominant fashion, your ranking points can be impacted. For my two cents, the USA Club Lacrosse rankings are decent by the end of summer, but when you get a result like Eagle Stix passing the team they just lost to, it definitely raises some questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new rankings are out!

Eagle Stix 👆👆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new rankings are out!

Eagle Stix 👆👆

It’s all for fun. However Coppermine did just beat Eagle Stix head to head so makes them the #1 currently. Now that could change during Summer Tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new rankings are out!

Eagle Stix 👆👆

To finish your sentence: Eagle Stix -- Just lost to Coppermine in the NGLL Championship. Coppermine hasn't lost this calendar year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new rankings are out!

Eagle Stix 👆👆

To finish your sentence: Eagle Stix -- Just lost to Coppermine in the NGLL Championship. Coppermine hasn't lost this calendar year.

That game was counted in the rankings so, as far as the rankings go, the loss doesn’t change the ranking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eagle Stix passing Coppermine in the rankings shows how uneven the NGLL National Championships are...

Coppermine lost -6.3 ranking points in a game they won by 7 against a team called Lakeshore that doesn't appear to have won a region.

They also lost ranking points in a game with Yellow Jackets South that they WON BY 17 goals (only 10 count for Goal Differential in rankings).

This will balance out in tournament season, but once you get in the top 5, it hurts you to play anyone outside the top 30 or so, because even if you win in dominant fashion, your ranking points can be impacted. For my two cents, the USA Club Lacrosse rankings are decent by the end of summer, but when you get a result like Eagle Stix passing the team they just lost to, it definitely raises some questions.

Yeah tough when they had no choice but to play those other teams. ES killing Aces is what really pushed them to the top. While there are minor issues, I think overall US club lax gets the ratings for the top tier teams pretty accurate. There is always going to be some random team who shouldn’t be in there due to not coming to the Northeast to play in top tournaments but it is 1000x more accurate than soccer rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine just beat M&D, MD united and Crush again today. Wonder how that will play out. That makes them 30 and 1. Hmmmm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are not accurate. And quite honestly they are useless. Done by a group that doesn’t watch games. They punch scores Into their computer between candy crush games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine just beat M&D, MD united and Crush again today. Wonder how that will play out. That makes them 30 and 1. Hmmmm.

I like the “them” in your statement when it should have said “we” Lol . Im sure after this weekends wins they will be #1 again and all of you that complain the rankings are off or the math doesnt add up will be silent again. Great team and the deserve the #1 ranking after this weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine just successfully ran the gauntlet of the 3rd, 5th, and 6th team in the rankings yesterday…I’m sure they’ll drop to 7th in the rankings now, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it sure seems to be something many are worried about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are not accurate. And quite honestly they are useless. Done by a group that doesn’t watch games. They punch scores Into their computer between candy crush games.
The us club rankings are done by a 30 year old guy who probably lives in the basement of his house. And he tells you that you have to pay him to be featured as a player to watch on his “watch list”? Please. The rankings mean nothing. Just go play your game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How what will play out? They will continue to win most of their games throughout the summer…maybe not all. Tryouts will happen, teams will change a little, and everything will start over again in the fall. How else would it play out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings are all compiled by statistical information and the ranking score of each team. The biggest deviation of any game / score is a ten point variance. Meaning any victory or loss is capped at 10 points. The difference between Coppermine & Eagle Stix was only the teams they each played and ranking values. Coppermine was assigned 2 teams in the high 80’s along with Jesters while ES played all teams in low 90’s. Therefore ES got more points for their wins which statistically put them above Coppermine even after losing to them by 1pt. There’s no biases feeling towards any teams. It’s fun to look at and about as accurate as you can get without physically watching all of these teams (which would be impossible) while taking into consideration the +/ - variation of a couple points. Losing to a great team by only 1 or 2 helps more than crushing a poor team by 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is closing the gap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is closing the gap.

Wishful thinking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skyweakers is closing nothing but M&D is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Season has started, and the rumor mill is running rampant!! I love it.
Observations from Impulse and MD payday:

1. Coppermine is King! Fast and athletic, but totally reliant on 2 girls. They will need more scoring punch as teams face guard their 2 main offensive threats! The club needs to stop overscheduling. Brutal playing both Saturday and Sunday, after playing in NC last week.

2. M&D - Team speed is slow, Offense is stagnant, Everything is run thru middies, if all faiis give it to one of their attackers and clear out. Everyone just stands around, no cutting, not movement. Defense struggles clearing the ball. Heard issues of coaches playing their kids to much.

3. MDU - Team goes as their best player goes. If she feels like playing both ends, they are good. if not, they don't fare well.

4. Skywalker's Blue - Watch out, finally got competent coach, this team is on the rise. probably the most scary team. Crush and Coppermine girls will flock here for recruiting years.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 80 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard