BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 62 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 61 62
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think daddy ball is evident at all levels. And you can’t avoid it.

Most kids still get better under daddy coaches. Most of the daddy coach kids can really play. So it’s a two sided coin. There are however a couple more notable cases in the elite level however, where daddy’s think their kid is way better than they are and it’s keeping other from flourishing and teams from being their very best. Even on teams with the highest of rankings…

This also leads to lack of talent being willing to come try out for those positions.
See: Madlax 2028. Daddy Coach, kid shouldn’t be on the field.

Same with MadLax 2027 but even worse.
Can’t possibly be any worse than at 2028

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA definitely has 1. The question I have once they holdback go to the appropriate age group will they be able to keep up because they have been playing at a younger level. I have a feeling it's going to be a rude awakening for some of these holdback players. They will no longer be the "Big Dogs". I still believe that to be better you have to play up,.

It will be especially difficult because the 28 age group is still loaded with 27s who are exempt from the rule change. So the 29 holdback who returns to 28 will be competing with a bunch of kids 2 years older than they are used to.
I can hear dad now….can you take my boy back. We reclassed and now we need to return to be average. Sorry call True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty awkward.

Moving on since none of it impacts this summer. Nlf has a decent lineup. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty awkward.

Moving on since none of it impacts this summer. Nlf has a decent lineup. Thoughts?

All roads go through the Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like that road rolled through MD and ended up in Boston

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting past weekend........

1. NLF Summer Kick-Off: Hawks beat Laxachusetts, but then Laxachusetts gets them back at them in the semi-finals.
2. LTLC loses to SJ Shamrocks in Championship game of Trilogy Turning Point. Had to be a major dissapoint.

Any insight on either game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty awkward.

All roads go through the Hawks

If they decide to cut the dead weight and remove the daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trouble in paradise??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC seemed to dominate throughout the tournament. Watched most of the championship game. First half was close with good play from LTLC they looked like they would run away with it. Second half was sloppy with a lot of trouble clearing the ball to the offense. I think it was just a bad game for LTLC. Very uncommon. Not sure where they head next in tournament season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LTLC to Crabs rumor may be true. LTLC had a Crabs 28 attackman (who is a 29 on-age player) with them the whole tournament. Even with the addition, LTLC continued its offensive challenges that has been with them all year. More goals against than goals scored this year. And only scored roughly half-to-two-thirds the goals in HoCo that the top tier scored (Hawks, Next Level, MadLax, FCA). They seem overcoached from the sidelines instead of letting their boys play. It will be interesting to see if more Crabs show up for LTLC as the summer goes on.

KP had a really strong weekend, beating the "AAA" HoCo Champs Preds.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the LTLC rumor may just be a rumor. Until we see that LTLC doesn't field a 29 team and crabs does then the rumor may not be a rumor. Also summer tournament teams seem to have guest players and hybrids of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs has a 2029 team listed for tryouts in a few weeks so they must be moving forward to put a team together of some sort. I know my son has a friend on LTLC and they are playing in a couple events this summer as Crabs 2029. The are listed for Crabfeast 2029 division:

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Also, the said 2028 crabs "guest player" for LTLC was the coach listed for Crabs 2029 last season when they tried to assemble a team and failed. Such a confusing situation. Guessing we will start to hear a lot of LTLC parent rumblings and get more clarity on it all soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA definitely has 1. The question I have once they holdback go to the appropriate age group will they be able to keep up because they have been playing at a younger level. I have a feeling it's going to be a rude awakening for some of these holdback players. They will no longer be the "Big Dogs". I still believe that to be better you have to play up,.

Imagine you're a tall 2028 in 6th grade, and hold back a year, making you a giant 2029. Now having to go back and be a very average size and speed 2028 since even the late bloomer 2028s have now started to grow. Wont be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting past weekend........

1. NLF Summer Kick-Off: Hawks beat Laxachusetts, but then Laxachusetts gets them back at them in the semi-finals.
2. LTLC loses to SJ Shamrocks in Championship game of Trilogy Turning Point. Had to be a major dissapoint.

Any insight on either game?

Watched some of Hawks/laxachusetts games. Laxachusetts are big, fast and athletic, Hawks are small, fast and physical. Hawks were the better team on Saturday by far. Laxachusetts did a good job regrouping and clearly out coached Hawks on Sunday. Laxachusetts capitalized on the Hawks mistakes with possession and a couple goals, nothing spectacular. Looked to me like Hawks couldn’t handle the defensive pressure, was waiting to be told what to do and had many unforced turnovers. Was shocked to see all Hawks turnovers and Laxachusetts not capitalize more, could have been ugly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC was also playing without there top middie who was sick from what I heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs has a 2029 team listed for tryouts in a few weeks so they must be moving forward to put a team together of some sort. I know my son has a friend on LTLC and they are playing in a couple events this summer as Crabs 2029. The are listed for Crabfeast 2029 division:

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Also, the said 2028 crabs "guest player" for LTLC was the coach listed for Crabs 2029 last season when they tried to assemble a team and failed. Such a confusing situation. Guessing we will start to hear a lot of LTLC parent rumblings and get more clarity on it all soon.

So if I live in Baltimore County I now get to pick from the following 9 teams......I guess LTLC could dismantle if they join Crabs, but clearly Crabs is going to give it another go this year with tryouts. How would you rank them? And curious which ones have Dad coaches?

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
True Baltimore Black 2029
True Baltimore Green 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

Live in PA and considering trying out for one of these teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the only thing folks will agree on is that FCA would be ranked first and 91MD would be ranked dead last. You will have a hard time finding anyone outside of an anonymous discussion board with anything positive to say about 91MD, especially families that have been part of their 2029 program. Most would probably agree that FCA and Preds have the best development. Both benefit from great coaching and resources. FCA is also able to bring in stars/role models as huddle leaders and for "included" development sessions (such as John Grant Jr.), and their results this year speak for themselves. Preds head coach is a non-parent coach that is Defensive Coordinator for McDonough, and they have a dad assistant that might be the best coach overall at this age group. Both are coaches that the kids absolutely adore. Preds seems to be really developing their kids and won AAA in HoCo this year. Carrol Manor is another that has a dad coach that the team (and parents) seem to love, and whose team continues to improve drastically every year. Extremely solid option, especially if coming from PA. LTLC probably has the most talent of any of the Baltimore-area teams, although it seems that they have underperformed the most of any team this year by a wide margin (two really bad losses to Shamrocks and Dukes, only scraped by Team 91MD by a goal, and blowout losses to FCA, Next Level, Hawks and MadLax (in the spring). Considering they have the talent to beat MadLax once, all those other results raise lots of questions on their program.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the only thing folks will agree on is that FCA would be ranked first and 91MD would be ranked dead last. You will have a hard time finding anyone outside of an anonymous discussion board with anything positive to say about 91MD, especially families that have been part of their 2029 program. Most would probably agree that FCA and Preds have the best development. Both benefit from great coaching and resources. FCA is also able to bring in stars/role models as huddle leaders and for "included" development sessions (such as John Grant Jr.), and their results this year speak for themselves. Preds head coach is a non-parent coach that is Defensive Coordinator for McDonough, and they have a dad assistant that might be the best coach overall at this age group. Both are coaches that the kids absolutely adore. Preds seems to be really developing their kids and won AAA in HoCo this year. Carrol Manor is another that has a dad coach that the team (and parents) seem to love, and whose team continues to improve drastically every year. Extremely solid option, especially if coming from PA. LTLC probably has the most talent of any of the Baltimore-area teams, although it seems that they have underperformed the most of any team this year by a wide margin (two really bad losses to Shamrocks and Dukes, only scraped by Team 91MD by a goal, and blowout losses to FCA, Next Level, Hawks and MadLax (in the spring). Considering they have the talent to beat MadLax once, all those other results raise lots of questions on their program.)
The Preds 2029 team keeps a low roster number. Probably another reason they have a lot of success. Any roster with more than 22 kids should raise a Red Flag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why Predators went 0-3 this past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

So if I live in Baltimore County I now get to pick from the following 9 teams......I guess LTLC could dismantle if they join Crabs, but clearly Crabs is going to give it another go this year with tryouts. How would you rank them? And curious which ones have Dad coaches?

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

If you are looking for club level play, you can shorten that list at 5. Below that is rec ball or rec ball at club prices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we have dueling program directors anonymously posting here…like right now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we have dueling program directors anonymously posting here…like right now?

Not even close. Just someone who has been in this game long enough to share a cautionary tale that I wish someone would have shared with us. But if you want to make something else out of it, by all means…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

If you are looking for club level play, you can shorten that list at 5. Below that is rec ball or rec ball at club prices.

Disagree on shortening list at 5. Can't be repeated enough - no way 91MD is a "club level" program in their youth teams. 3-32 overall HoCo record wihtin their program this past year is an accurate reflection on this club's health - and the games weren't close (average score was 13-4 agaisnt them.) There's a reason they are called "Team 91" - they lose 91% of their games! Very very little resources and development put in to the boys. No way they would make the list of "club level program". Any option on that list is much better than 91MD - their business model is not sustainable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

Disagree on shortening list at 5. Can't be repeated enough - no way 91MD is a "club level" program in their youth teams. 3-32 overall HoCo record wihtin their program this past year is an accurate reflection on this club's health - and the games weren't close (average score was 13-4 agaisnt them.) There's a reason they are called "Team 91" - they lose 91% of their games! Very very little resources and development put in to the boys. No way they would make the list of "club level program". Any option on that list is much better than 91MD - their business model is not sustainable.

Fair assesment. I’ll stand by my opinion on the rest though. So the list is 4 IMO, FWIW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any tourney results for the weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that Next Level won Platinum Cup, LTLC won Summer Exposure, and Hawks won NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that LTLC beat FCA..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that Next Level won Platinum Cup, LTLC won Summer Exposure, and Hawks won NAL.

Hawks proving that they are the #1 team in the country for sure! Don't count National teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks proving that they are the #1 team in the country for sure! Don't count National teams.

Funny that so few Hawks teams played Hogan Summer exp. My sons team destroyed a "national team" that was a totally different team in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Hawks owned by Hogan? Guess it's not important to have teams be represented in their own tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny that so few Hawks teams played Hogan Summer exp. My sons team destroyed a "national team" that was a totally different team in the fall.
Summer exposure is B level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Hogan have an a level Tournament for 29's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments is everyone on this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is doing a B level tourney at the beach for some reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney results for the weekend?
NL easily cleaned up at their tournament.
LTLC took control and seemed to dominate.
Hawks did not play.

Love hearing about Md teams representing.

True Baltimore, KP, and Preds teams did not show well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax FCA play in colorado on starting the 20th. CedTEW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

Fair assesment. I’ll stand by my opinion on the rest though. So the list is 4 IMO, FWIW.

Also from PA considering trying out for one of these teams. So for someone new to MD lacrosse, how would you rank these BC programs? It seems FCA and Preds are top choices. Then who? LTLC? Crabs? ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

Also from PA considering trying out for one of these teams. So for someone new to MD lacrosse, how would you rank these BC programs? It seems FCA and Preds are top choices. Then who? LTLC? Crabs? ????

I'd say........#1 - FCA, #2 - Predators, #3 - True Baltimore

It's honestly hard to rank LTLC with all the changes coming down the pipeline. They are playing as CRABS this weekend, so obviously transitioning over in the near future. Can't imagine that half those LTLC kids won't make CRABS once they full transition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ADVNC
Crabs
Eclipse
FL Crabs
Leading Edge
Patriot Elite Chrome
Primetime
Team 91 Thunder
Thunder Blue
VLC See

Team 91 MD 2029
Crabs 2029
LTLC 2029
FCA 2029
Predators 2029
Carroll Manor 2029
Kelly Post 2029

If your kid can play, just keep driving and make your way to Annapolis to the hawks. Way less drama, way less politics. Trust me, the extra drive time will be worth it when your kid is happy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your rankings must not pay attention to actual head-to-head game scores.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 62 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 61 62
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard