BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know what squad Malvern is sending down to Maryland this weekend to face Gonzaga and Calvert Hall? Is this an actual varsity event? Could be some great matchups if its all the top players from those 3 schools facing off.

Are you talking about the Future Stars High School Showcase in Maryland this Sunday? Just looked it up on Tourney App and Malvern is the only local team playing. Haverford & Malvern both played it in last year. Looks like some quality teams from Baltimore / DC area and Hill Academy from Canada. I think this event is for Sophomores & Freshman only so not Varsity.

There's some quality talent in the 2025 age group in Philly area. Schools like EA, Haverford, Malvern, ANC all have players who got time on their Varsity teams last year as freshman. Plus all the other players who will make an impact this upcoming year. Will be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry daddy nobody cares about mediocre Jv games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry daddy nobody cares about mediocre Jv games.

Another reason to hold back your kid....if he is not playing varsity, no one is watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sorry daddy nobody cares about mediocre Jv games.[/quote

Who said anything about JV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only MD JV players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only MD JV players.
Not true, my nephew played varsity at PVI in northern VA as a freshman and was playing there. I know a bunch of his soph teammates will be varsity starters or contributors this spring. Maybe some school brought JV kids, but definitely not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had to laugh at a couple of Dads who were talking about their sons. One said...."my son was born in April 2007 so he is basically a 2026". How does that even work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had to laugh at a couple of Dads who were talking about their sons. One said...."my son was born in April 2007 so he is basically a 2026". How does that even work?

He means that a lot kids of born in April 2007 are holding back and are now 2026 grads. April 2007 kids should be 2025 grads. Unfortunately lacrosse rewards holdbacks and this is why this is still an elitist sport dominated by rich suburban white kids. Not a lot of other folks can afford to hold back their kid after 8th grade and transfer to a private school or do PG year after HS. Such a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He means that a lot kids of born in April 2007 are holding back and are now 2026 grads. April 2007 kids should be 2025 grads. Unfortunately lacrosse rewards holdbacks and this is why this is still an elitist sport dominated by rich suburban white kids. Not a lot of other folks can afford to hold back their kid after 8th grade and transfer to a private school or do PG year after HS. Such a shame.

☝️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES! How are his grades? What does he want to major in? He aint makin a living playing Lax and the days of BBQ bragging will soon be over

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES! How are his grades? What does he want to major in? He aint makin a living playing Lax and the days of BBQ bragging will soon be over

LOL...BBQ bragging.

I do find it interesting that the bar has been shifted to hold backs, as opposed to talent level. My kid my be 16 months older than your kid but that all ends when he steps on the field. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...BBQ bragging.

I do find it interesting that the bar has been shifted to hold backs, as opposed to talent level. My kid my be 16 months older than your kid but that all ends when he steps on the field. Deal with it.

Exactly. My son is not a holdback and I couldn’t agree more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...BBQ bragging.

You May agree with it, but check out the recruiting going on by the top D1 Lacrosse schools! Also, who’s actually seeing the field. Holdbacks are unfortunately being rewarded. It’s very unfortunate that we are “dealing with it”!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son who is 15 played against a kid who had a family and a mortgage. The madness needs to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...BBQ bragging.

You May agree with it, but check out the recruiting going on by the top D1 Lacrosse schools! Also, who’s actually seeing the field. Holdbacks are unfortunately being rewarded. It’s very unfortunate that we are “dealing with it”!

Unless your son plays Goalie or FO where there is only 1 from that position on the field, then your son not seeing the field isn’t the holdbacks fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important upcoming season for all 25's.

Any predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important upcoming season for all 25's.

Any predictions?
Team TEN will have a wildly successful fall recruiting season. 50% plus committed D1 in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...BBQ bragging.

True. It is what it is. People decide their kid is average against their age group. They elect to put them up against younger and less developed players. This works great for the appearance of talent for the prime recruiting years in early high school. Tends to work its way out by the end of high school, but the recruiting is done by then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...BBQ bragging.

True. It is what it is. People decide their kid is average against their age group. They elect to put them up against younger and less developed players. This works great for the appearance of talent for the prime recruiting years in early high school. Tends to work its way out by the end of high school, but the recruiting is done by then.

I’ve been watching a lot of college lax and it seems to work there too. Makes me nervous for my own son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Philly kids in the top 10 of the NLF 2025 rankings that just came out. Both are a year older for their grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclass wins again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Philly kids in the top 10 of the NLF 2025 rankings that just came out. Both are a year older for their grade.

Both very talented,good for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
takeaway is odds are better playing for nlf team. increased visibility dont hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess 70% of that list is a reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdbacks are being held back because they are not standing out against kids their age. It has gotten to the point that it is becoming the norm not the exception My kid is one of the older kids in his grade, but one of the younger kids on his lacrosse team. He was not "held back" for sports, he was just started at a time that would make him not make him atypically young for the class. This was an academic decision made before we even knew if he would like sports. It is what it is, but no-one should pretend their hold back is done for anything other than to cover for deficiencies in their child's play against kids their own age. Actually, we may all have to do it so our kids can play with their peers. Then you will need the double holdback to stand out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New top 5 ranks Primetime, 91 Fire, 91 Shock, LAXA Black, HHH. Those teams can play and lot going D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New top 5 ranks Primetime, 91 Fire, 91 Shock, LAXA Black, HHH. Those teams can play and lot going D1

Is this the NLF rankings? As of June 5, 2023 the rankings by US Club Lacrosse for the top 5 are:

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7
Laxachusetts Black - NLF member - 8
HHH - NLF Member - NLF member - is ranked 35 -

While the other teams could be argued to be in the top five, that is not the case with HHH. While they are a great club, they are not in the top five tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the NLF rankings? As of June 5, 2023 the rankings by US Club Lacrosse for the top 5 are:

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7

While the other teams could be argued to be in the top five, that is not the case with HHH. While they are a great club, they are not in the top five tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7

The fact you hit the repeater four times shows what a rookie you are. Everyone watching the NLF this weekend and last summer knows the ranks are Primetime, Team 91 Fire, 91 Shock, LAXA Black, HHH. LAXA and HHH were in the NLF Championship this weekend and was great game in OT. Did HHH cut you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for September 1 commits, PT (15), 91 (15), Shock (8), LAXA (10), HHH (9), LIE (5), Sweet (8) DCE (7)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to NLF top ten ranks its HHH, 91 MD, Madlax, Express, Hawks, Laxachusetts Black, 91 LI, Express North, Prime Time, Eclipse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- Team 91 Fire 91 Fire
2- Prime Time
3- Team Ten
4- DC Express
5- LI CoachC

91 Shock is ranked - 7

The fact you hit the repeater four times shows what a rookie you are. Everyone watching the NLF this weekend and last summer knows the ranks are Primetime, Team 91 Fire, 91 Shock, LAXA Black, HHH. LAXA and HHH were in the NLF Championship this weekend and was great game in OT. Did HHH cut you?

Are you saying you think HHH deserves to be in the Top 5? I believe Laxachusetts was the highest ranked team at last weeks tournament. Fog City was the next highest at 13. Why is NLF keeping top tier teams out of their tournaments? Other teams at the tournament include ETC 34's which are ranked 115 and Team 91 United which is ranked 83. HHH is very decent team. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They have some great players and good coaching. There just is no argument for them being in the Top 10. US Club Lax has it about right at 35.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they are ranked number one by NLF. They came in a very close second and a goal away from winning the NLF yesterday. So the ranking looks pretty darn accurate. All top colleges were there evaluating the great teams all weekend. Super impressive. Everyone knows NLF tournaments are the best and all the best clubs are there, why are you so hysterical?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree.Excellent weekend of high talent lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they are ranked number one by NLF. They came in a very close second and a goal away from winning the NLF yesterday. So the ranking looks pretty darn accurate. All top colleges were there evaluating the great teams all weekend. Super impressive. Everyone knows NLF tournaments are the best and all the best clubs are there, why are you so hysterical?

Seems like you are the one that is hysterical. The fact that NLF over ranks NLF member teams should not surprise anyone. I believe the teams at last weeks tournament were ranked by US Club Lax as follows:

Laxachuesetts Black - 8
Fog City - 13 Seem like some of their players may not have come in from San Francisco
LI Express Schreiber - 27
Mad Lax Cap 2024 - 29
HHH - 35
Hardcor - 93
ETC 34 - 115
Team91 LI United - 219

While there are some really good teams in the preceding list. I think "all the best clubs" being there is out of touch with reality.

They were unable to get most of their better affiliated teams to come. Prime Time (2), LI Express CoachC (5), Team 91 LI Shock (7), Sweetlax FL (10), Leading Edge (12), Mad Lax Cap 2025 (14), West Coast Starz (18), and Sweetlax Upstate (25) all elected not to participate.

It seems like NLF tournaments are losing steam. They are ducking better competition to protect their weaker teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like you are the one that is hysterical. The fact that NLF over ranks NLF member teams should not surprise anyone. I believe the teams at last weeks tournament were ranked by US Club Lax as follows:

Laxachuesetts Black - 8
Fog City - 13 Seem like some of their players may not have come in from San Francisco
Mad Lax Cap 2024 - 29
HHH - 35
Hardcor - 93
ETC 34 - 115
Team91 LI United - 219

While there are some really good teams in the preceding list. I think "all the best clubs" being there is out of touch with reality.

They were unable to get most of their better affiliated teams to come. Prime Time (2), LI Express CoachC (5), Team 91 LI Shock (7), Sweetlax FL (10), Leading Edge (12), Mad Lax Cap 2025 (14), West Coast Starz (18), and Sweetlax Upstate (25) all elected not to participate.

It seems like NLF tournaments are losing steam. They are ducking better competition to protect their weaker teams.

spin it however you like. There were big time college scouts there looking at the kids. Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't that ultimately the point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
July NLF at Lehigh will be the real deal, just wait for that before making judgements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laxachuesetts Black - 8
Mad Lax Cap 2024 - 29
HHH - 35
Hardcor - 93
ETC 34 - 115
Team91 LI United - 219

OK, will bite, what better competition was missing

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard