BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 275 of 313 1 2 273 274 275 276 277 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does LB announce the hire?

Coach Haus...just announced.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only in the area they grew up in. If they make it for two years. Probably barely enough to count on one hand. Especially top 15 team in college

Who cares!! Are they getting an education and having fun? Parents are pathetic
AGREE. If your kid is happy and learning in the process, who CARES about anything else. I'd rather my kid play than ride a bench. I'd rather my kid be sound mentally, then stressed and miserable. I'd rather my kid be a good human than the best lacrosse player to come out of school. Good God, most of you are not good for your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Spalding made an official announcement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts? I don't know the guy at all, so I am genuinely curious if people think this is a good move or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts? I don't know the guy at all, so I am genuinely curious if people think this is a good move or not.

The Haus brothers (John, Tom & Kevin) played at Loyola High and then won NCAA Championships at UNC. John (Will's father) was the head coach JHU and UNC. Will won a natty at Duke and has been playing in PLL - his brother John played at UMD and is now asst. coach of his younger brother, Grant, at PSU. Will has been an asst. coach at Malvern the past few years. This is a fantastic hire for Loyola.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new Loyola coach certainly has the credentials unmatched by any other MIAA coach by a wide margin for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new Loyola coach certainly has the credentials unmatched by any other MIAA coach by a wide margin for sure.

Credentials as a player...yes, and obviously, high-level playing experience is good. Coaching credentials? Not so fast...

Playing and coaching are two very different things, and anyone who says playing at a high level automatically translates to coaching well ought to examine the track record of former pro (NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.) players who went into coaching following their playing career. The track record is a mixed bag of success and failure, more the latter than the former. For every Phil Jackson or Joe Torre story, there are a few Wayne Gretzky and Magic Johnson stories.

I hope the guy does a great job, and helps his boys get to the championship games the storied program is used to. LB and the other legitimate (local talent) MIAA teams will need all the help they can get to compete against schools that bring in out of state/out of country players.

Coach Haus will also need to navigate a highly political (read: entitled parents and alums) environment at LB. Let's hope he has the wisdom and political acumen to deal with the toughest part of a HS coach's job - dealing with parents and the school's administration.

Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Haus will be just fine. He's got the Cookie Monster to lean on for advice and guidance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Haus will certainly have the support of the Loyola alumni (not so sure Coach U did) and administration (current AD hire). I don't think a coach ever has complete support from disillusioned parents. He coached at Malvern Prep for 8 years as an assistant and has a master's in counseling - one can assume he has some coaching and political acumen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this help Loyola recruit?

7th graders will have their minds made up for high school in a few months. If they want any of the best 28s, he’ll need to get shaking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I hope the guy does a great job, and helps his boys get to the championship games the storied program is used to.

Time will tell.

Well I hope he stinks so I can hear Loyola dads cry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna park win state championship but is the fifth best team in AACO. They can’t even win the county public school championship. Public school lacrosse is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna park win state championship but is the fifth best team in AACO. They can’t even win the county public school championship. Public school lacrosse is a joke.
Club season will bring some back to reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the all miaa team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember public school lacrosse can only pull from it jurisdiction. Private can pull from where ever. Not everyone can access/afford private school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club season will bring some back to reality.

Bunch of lower end D3 commits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Public School Lacrosse is a Joke”…. So what does that make the MIAA powerhouse that took an L at the hands of a 2A public school from across the bridge this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "MIAA Powerhouse" who has never won a MIAA championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Public School Lacrosse is a Joke”…. So what does that make the MIAA powerhouse that took an L at the hands of a 2A public school from across the bridge this season?

Lacrosse is a sport where any team can win with reasonable talent and a smart game plan. Spaulding would beat KI 8 of 10 times. They just didn’t get it done that day. Doesn’t change the fact that public school lacrosse has FAR less talent top to bottom than the MIAA. Don’t think anyone can argue that. JC, MSJ, and Spalding would all have won PS state championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember public school lacrosse can only pull from it jurisdiction. Private can pull from where ever. Not everyone can access/afford private school.
This^^^^^, but then again, there always has to be someone arrogant and ignorant in the bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA powerhouse with a record of something like 15-95 since joining the conference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAs there ever been a moment when there has a been a tournament/league that both private and public schools play each other?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder if MIAA LAcrosse will eventually become what MIAA football became with no one wanting to play St. Francis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s Gilman and John Carroll?

Sitting along side 8 other A teams who are disappointed how their season ended, working hard to improve and get better for next spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they were the second best in AA County this year. Two losses to undefeated state champion Broadneck, Landon, and Severn. How long after your sons season ended did you have to wait to bash the public schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a kid in an MIAA school and if I ever heard him be so elitist snd outright [Censored]…well, your parents must be really proud. Shame they couldn’t buy you some class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAs there ever been a moment when there has a been a tournament/league that both private and public schools play each other?
MSA prior to miaa.

Now when public meets private, they need to play federation rules that allow stall ball and different clearing rules. If the changes that were proposed to the public federation rules this year go through, probably never again.

Federation proposed a maximum 1.25” pocket depth.

The clearing counts and stall tactics are ok. But If the new rule is approved there will likely be no more crossover games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back in the day Poly and City played in the MSA and certainly competed in football and basketball at the highest level. Fielded great lax teams that competed in the '50's. Noting in modern times that I can think of, though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s been released with a notable omission.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola filled its coaching staff quickly while Spalding is left with Hockell and Rage.
Is Rage Mollot? Please tell me Mollot is not a coach at Spalding. He will destroy the program even more. notIntelligent move if this is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son didn’t make it or would already know the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a kid in an MIAA school and if I ever heard him be so elitist snd outright [Censored]…well, your parents must be really proud. Shame they couldn’t buy you some class.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon, guys. Public school lax is absolutely amazing, and Severna Park is really the cream of the crop.

But in fairness, I think the XFL is the best football league around, the WNBA is premier, excellent basketball entertainment, and MLS is unquestionably the world’s top tier of soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon, guys. Public school lax is absolutely amazing, and Severna Park is really the cream of the crop.

But in fairness, I think the XFL is the best football league around, the WNBA is premier, excellent basketball entertainment, and MLS is unquestionably the world’s top tier of soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola filled its coaching staff quickly while Spalding is left with Hockell and Rage.
Is Rage Mollot? Please tell me Mollot is not a coach at Spalding. He will destroy the program even more. notIntelligent move if this is true.
If Mollot gets the OC at Spalding, I am so happy we chose another high school to attend then deal with hot head, arrogant Mollot. Anyone considering Spalding make sure you check the coaching staff and make sure Mollot is not on there. If not I can assure you your kid will be unhappy and so will you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unofficially several public schools play in the NHSLS, just not under their school name and not with their installed coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Mollott knows lacrosse the Gilman coach is an [Censored] who has no clue of lacrosse. Incontrera is an [Censored] and Gilman should be embarrassed! How in the world would anyone hire this [Censored]. At least Mollott understands lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Mollott knows lacrosse the Gilman coach is an [Censored] who has no clue of lacrosse. Incontrera is an [Censored] and Gilman should be embarrassed! How in the world would anyone hire this [Censored]. At least Mollott understands lacrosse.

Is this 91 Dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this 91 Dad?

NO...IT's JW.....91 boy is a 2 year JV

Like Reply Quote
Page 275 of 313 1 2 273 274 275 276 277 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard