BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 59 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My Elite best for Hoco reg season.
Goalie=Hawks; Defense=ML; Midfield=Hawks; Attack=FCA; FO=Hawks
Playoffs. NL(-4). Vs True, Hawks(-1). Vs. ML

You’re right about all of this except for defense. That has to got to hawks. They consistently keep a madlax team who drops double digits on everyone to 5 or so goals. ML defense is very stout. And very good. But let’s be honest. Hawks defense is strong

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

The LI tournament that they played in was an AA tournament and featured 4 top 10 ranked teams. The games this weekend had no bearing on whether True made the playoffs.

3 top 10 teams.

Frankly they had to play in that event. They are only ranked 1 Because they played (and lost to) hawks. But since they beat the tar out of a hundred terrible teams the algorithm puts them in first.

But they knew they couldn’t hold that ranking if they didn’t stack a couple wins against supposed top ten teams. That team is all about the rankings. Nothing else. Look how fast they posted being ranked number one even though they lost to hawks who also recently beat madlax at the time. Zero shame in that dirty organization.

Totally fluid roster of four hundred. Constantly asking kids to play in events even if that kid isn’t a rostered player.

Teams like this shouldn’t even be in the convo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

The LI tournament that they played in was an AA tournament and featured 4 top 10 ranked teams. The games this weekend had no bearing on whether True made the playoffs.

3 top 10 teams.

Frankly they had to play in that event. They are only ranked 1 Because they played (and lost to) hawks. But since they beat the tar out of a hundred terrible teams the algorithm puts them in first.

But they knew they couldn’t hold that ranking if they didn’t stack a couple wins against supposed top ten teams. That team is all about the rankings. Nothing else. Look how fast they posted being ranked number one even though they lost to hawks who also recently beat madlax at the time. Zero shame in that dirty organization.

Totally fluid roster of four hundred. Constantly asking kids to play in events even if that kid isn’t a rostered player.

Teams like this shouldn’t even be in the convo.

They should not, I agree. Too bad tournament organizers won’t keep them out. If you got all of them on board they’d be forced out of business. It’s complete nonsense they are allowed into anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91MD performance this spring across age groups... Curious if there are any 91 parents on this forum -- do they see development in their kids (honest question, as there's really only one "elite level" option in Balitmore County (FCA), especially with Crabs unlikely to field a viable team next year....or maybe even any team at all.)

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2027 2 wins - 5 losses; GF 59; GA 64
2028 1 win - 6 losses; GF 30; GA 74
2029 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 21; GA 92
2030 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 25; GA 84
2031 0 wins - 7 losses; GF 6; GA 134
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448
Average score per game...13 - 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do mean by "Elite"? Traditional Club? There are other team in BC that could beat Team 91 with those records. Is MM just not as interested in developing Lacrosse Clubs and Players now that his sons are aging out an heading to college? Just a thought. Maybe he focused has shifted.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do mean by "Elite"? Traditional Club? There are other team in BC that could beat Team 91 with those records. Is MM just not as interested in developing Lacrosse Clubs and Players now that his sons are aging out an heading to college? Just a thought. Maybe he focused has shifted.

Former Team 91 parent here. He never, never showed up for any team practices to help out at them other than his sons. The prices were reasonable but they never did the practices you need. They only do 4-5 in the fall, nothing really in the winter, and 2 a week in the spring. Hawks does 3 in the spring as I understand it. If you're trying to make an elite team you need that extra focus time. He and Austin were never willing to put that money commitment and time in for the TEAM focus. You see this again and again with teams. If you're at starting you need to work extra hard or as much as the other elites.

And you can talk about all the extra skill stuff. That's nice but when the middie hero runs at the goal because they don't know how to do a team offense, that's a problem. And that was happening with their long-term players, not just kids who just joined. Quite sure he managed that on the 24/25 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91MD performance this spring across age groups... Curious if there are any 91 parents on this forum -- do they see development in their kids (honest question, as there's really only one "elite level" option in Balitmore County (FCA), especially with Crabs unlikely to field a viable team next year....or maybe even any team at all.)

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

I would say that you have to throw in LTLC and True Baltimore now at this age group. LTLC is a good team that beat MADLAX 2029's. Top 5 2029's in Baltimore County in my opinion:

1. FCA
2. LTLC
3. TRUE Baltimore
4. Predators
5. Team 91 MD

**I'm fairly certain that Crabs will field a 2029 team next year. Will LTLC move over? Will they have 2028's drop down? Who will they make 2029 coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

I would say that you have to throw in LTLC and True Baltimore now at this age group. LTLC is a good team that beat MADLAX 2029's. Top 5 2029's in Baltimore County in my opinion:

1. FCA
2. LTLC
3. TRUE Baltimore
4. Predators
5. Team 91 MD

**I'm fairly certain that Crabs will field a 2029 team next year. Will LTLC move over? Will they have 2028's drop down? Who will they make 2029 coach?

I heard that True Baltimore is going to shift some of the top "Green" team players over to the "Black" team next year. That might propel the black team into a position where they could actively compete at Elite next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

1. FCA
2. LTLC
3. TRUE Baltimore
4. Predators
5. Team 91 MD

I heard that True Baltimore is going to shift some of the top "Green" team players over to the "Black" team next year. That might propel the black team into a position where they could actively compete at Elite next year.

Thanks True Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

1. FCA
2. LTLC
3. TRUE Baltimore
4. Predators
5. Team 91 MD

Bless your heart.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another epic hawks and madlax battle today. Hope the hawks can finish the task.

NL and true was hard to watch. Great effort, not great lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

1. FCA
2. LTLC
3. TRUE Baltimore
4. Predators
5. Team 91 MD

Bless your heart.

Couldn’t even seal the deal in AAA and they are already chirping about being Elite. Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Hawks. Looks like the championship game was really yesterday.
On to the summer tourneys!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to Hawks..........any analysis or highlights from those who watched? What was the final score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like PREDS is now going to be in the ELITE Division next year!!! Does True also want to bump up??

Do they make it a 10 team division........or bump down who: Team 91? LTLC? VLC?.........also don't forget about CRABS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to Hawks..........any analysis or highlights from those who watched? What was the final score?
1 goal diff at half. Hawks ran away with it in the 4th. Good game. Final was 11-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Hawks. They were the most consistent team in the league by far. #notahawksdad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of the 2029 Elite teams are not coached by Dads? Just trying to get my son away from "Daddy" ball as tries to improve his game and make an elite team next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of the 2029 Elite teams are not coached by Dads? Just trying to get my son away from "Daddy" ball as tries to improve his game and make an elite team next year.

You can't escape them. Best of luck and would look for a team that focuses together and not just starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um just because a Dad coaches a team doesn't mean the team isn't elite. Maybe have your kid improve by getting extra practice in, outside of team practice.Extra reps and extra commitment will make him better. Unless you truly believe that by being on a elite team you automatically become better. There's a reason he is not on one now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like my son’s dad coach. He played high level ball in college, played pro, knows his stuff, and my kid has gotten better. Plus at this level they are more invested. I’ll take that over the alternative thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um just because a Dad coaches a team doesn't mean the team isn't elite. Maybe have your kid improve by getting extra practice in, outside of team practice.Extra reps and extra commitment will make him better. Unless you truly believe that by being on a elite team you automatically become better. There's a reason he is not on one now.

This is a good thread….

Honest question… I’ve heard that elite club’s generally are great at developing talent but rather at recruiting it. That would kind of make sense as it’s much easier to get a more talented player than it is to coach/motivate an existing player to become great.

Do you agree?

And if so, what clubs do you think do a great job of developing players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree. A couple of things to think about. What is your/Son's ultimate goal. Look at the coach's experience beyond their age group. Watch how coaches coach, is it with fear and developmentally appropriate. Watch their games.Try to stay away from the marketing you might see. I have seen players want to play for a team because of the swag they use to promote their team and how it looks. What do you want to spend? How far do you want to drive (for playing time or no playing time)? If you look at the top 5/6 teams in the elite division I think you can find something for you. Each team provides something good for player development. Look beyond how many wins they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a good thread….

Honest question… I’ve heard that elite club’s generally are great at developing talent but rather at recruiting it. That would kind of make sense as it’s much easier to get a more talented player than it is to coach/motivate an existing player to become great.

Do you agree?

And if so, what clubs do you think do a great job of developing players?

I don't think clubs develop players. Clubs can provide an opportunity and environment where the player can develop. Ultimately whether a player develops is based on their motivation, athleticism, playing IQ, and opportunity. What the elite clubs provide is the opportunity to play with/against higher level players. Reps against better players enable development more than reps against lesser players.

I do think coaching matters but probably not as much as most believe. Don't expect a coach to motivate a player or improve their athleticism. They can help with playing IQ but they can't dedicate a ton of time to any particular player. What they can provide is lots of meaningful reps so a player can figure out what works and what doesn't in an environment without fear. I don't think elite clubs necessarily have any better coaches. Best bet is to find a parent on a team and ask them about the environment, pace of practices, and depth chart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think daddy ball is evident at all levels. And you can’t avoid it.

Most kids still get better under daddy coaches. Most of the daddy coach kids can really play. So it’s a two sided coin. There are however a couple more notable cases in the elite level however, where daddy’s think their kid is way better than they are and it’s keeping other from flourishing and teams from being their very best. Even on teams with the highest of rankings…

This also leads to lack of talent being willing to come try out for those positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that most of the tops 2029 Elite level teams have Dad's as coaches (Hawks, Madlax, FCA, True, LTLC)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting announcement yesterday with "age verification" coming for NLF teams and NLF Tournaments through USA Lacrosse. Article: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...ce-partnership-on-age-verification/61589

Looks like the first class to be impacted will be the 2029's and it does not apply to kids once they get into high school.

1. Will HOCO follow these rules and implement change as well?
2. Do you see most teams aligning to this? I believe only Crabs and Madlax are official teams / affiliates of the NLF.
3. Which 2029 Elite team would be impacted the most? Not sure who has the most holdbacks and would lose players.

Although all these NLF teams are now coming out saying they support this and wanted this the entire time (other than CRABS probably), my understanding is that this was a money $$$ based decision. Event managers know that if this was going to happen, whomever got their "Age verification" process up and running first could have a pipeline for millions of $$$ annually coming in. From what I heard 3STEP lacrosse was close to having a big announcement coming and True Lacrosse was also in the process of working on something. By coming out first, USA Lacrosse and NLF partnerships (whatever that looks like....I'm sure NLF is getting a BIG CUT)....they get a jump and could possibly be the technology leaders in this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting announcement yesterday with "age verification" coming for NLF teams and NLF Tournaments through USA Lacrosse. Article: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...ce-partnership-on-age-verification/61589

Looks like the first class to be impacted will be the 2029's and it does not apply to kids once they get into high school.

1. Will HOCO follow these rules and implement change as well?
2. Do you see most teams aligning to this? I believe only Crabs and Madlax are official teams / affiliates of the NLF.
3. Which 2029 Elite team would be impacted the most? Not sure who has the most holdbacks and would lose players.

Although all these NLF teams are now coming out saying they support this and wanted this the entire time (other than CRABS probably), my understanding is that this was a money $$$ based decision. Event managers know that if this was going to happen, whomever got their "Age verification" process up and running first could have a pipeline for millions of $$$ annually coming in. From what I heard 3STEP lacrosse was close to having a big announcement coming and True Lacrosse was also in the process of working on something. By coming out first, USA Lacrosse and NLF partnerships (whatever that looks like....I'm sure NLF is getting a BIG CUT)....they get a jump and could possibly be the technology leaders in this.

You are definitely right that money is a big part of this. Both in revenues for the age verification process AND in reducing liability. US Lacrosse hasn't announced it yet but concussions are WAY up in the sport puting it on par with wrestling and football. By not addressing the obvious safety issues associated with biological 13 year olds hitting 11 year olds, the sport is exposed to excessive liability.

I believe all of the reputable A and AA level tournaments will adopt age verification in some form.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91MD Spring HoCo
2032, 2033 - no team

Total GF - 141
Total GA - 448

LOL these numbers were the same last year. Club lax in general does not do a good job of developing kids. And these consistent results show that 91 ranks down there with several A/B level club teams in that regard. Development happens as a result of school sports, cross training in other sports, individual coaching, the onset of adolescence, and the number of hours the kid spends with a stick in his hands.....not necessarily on a sideline during drills ("The 1st line is drilling 6v6!") or during games. Nor is it simply "more reps" if the quality of the reps are [Censored].

And of course, a reminder here that in most cases (FCA, NL, Hawks, ML seem to be exceptions), elite youth rosters will get completely gutted before 8th, 9th, and 10th grades to make room for boarding school kids from out of state. Two facts about that:

1) The fact that the elite clubs do this at such a scale really points out that they're not truly "developing" local kids for "elite high schools" or whatever.
2) A lot of the kids on elite clubs entered private schools at Kindergarten or before, but rest assured this will not stop their 8th grade club from advertising that they "developed those kids to be accepted to HS" where they are already attending and guaranteed a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Clubs will follow the age based rules???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whick elite club will be hit the hardest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t they all have to follow the rules? Just a guess but

FCA
NEXT LEVEL

Those two appear to have the largest number of older kids. But maybe just good genetics. We will find out this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither has any reason to change course, not NLF affiliates. HOCO could be the driver in enforcing in the DMV, Crabs and ML will folllow with NLF ties, Hawks, NL, and others don't yet have a forcing function.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids still get better under daddy coaches. Most of the daddy coach kids can really play. So it’s a two sided coin. There are however a couple more notable cases in the elite level however, where daddy’s think their kid is way better than they are and it’s keeping other from flourishing and teams from being their very best. Even on teams with the highest of rankings…

This also leads to lack of talent being willing to come try out for those positions.
See: Madlax 2028. Daddy Coach, kid shouldn’t be on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any current 2029 holdbacks make the summer switch to their 2028 teams to get a jump on the competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t they all have to follow the rules? Just a guess but

FCA
NEXT LEVEL

Those two appear to have the largest number of older kids. But maybe just good genetics. We will find out this fall

FCA has at MOST 1-2 kids that will be affected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA definitely has 1. The question I have once they holdback go to the appropriate age group will they be able to keep up because they have been playing at a younger level. I have a feeling it's going to be a rude awakening for some of these holdback players. They will no longer be the "Big Dogs". I still believe that to be better you have to play up,.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA definitely has 1. The question I have once they holdback go to the appropriate age group will they be able to keep up because they have been playing at a younger level. I have a feeling it's going to be a rude awakening for some of these holdback players. They will no longer be the "Big Dogs". I still believe that to be better you have to play up,.

It will be especially difficult because the 28 age group is still loaded with 27s who are exempt from the rule change. So the 29 holdback who returns to 28 will be competing with a bunch of kids 2 years older than they are used to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm. tables turned. [Censored] right. not having a choice like all the other 29s playing against your child this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See: Madlax 2028. Daddy Coach, kid shouldn’t be on the field.

Same with MadLax 2027 but even worse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 59 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard