BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 87 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any clubs need a goalie?

If you are good enough, almost every club will make room.

We haven't found that to be the case so far. Likely because teams are set and more in a showcase mode now. This isn't a case of jumping club to club. No club affiliation at all and trying to find somewhere soon ...at least before fall.

Might as well go to Skywalkers and M&D tryouts since they still have open tryouts at this age and they each have two teams.

We are signed up for M&D in July. I didn't think Skywalkers had open tryouts once HS age. The website doesn't list a tryout for 26s. I guess we will have to call and see.

SW still have open tryouts. However, you better be an all American to crack the roster for their 26 blue team.

Their goalies are that good? It may not be worth it if they are.

Both will likely go mid to high D1

So, the SW Blue goalies are either mediocre or both are destined for a school like Delaware on the low end and UVA on the high end. That's a pretty big gap in assessments.

Regardless of that, SW has the same two goalies the last 3 years so would be difficult to break into that. To say another way I doubt they are “looking” for goalies. There are likely other teams that have only 1 goalie and would be looking to add another.

Sounds like a worried goalie parent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

We haven't found that to be the case so far. Likely because teams are set and more in a showcase mode now. This isn't a case of jumping club to club. No club affiliation at all and trying to find somewhere soon ...at least before fall.

Might as well go to Skywalkers and M&D tryouts since they still have open tryouts at this age and they each have two teams.

We are signed up for M&D in July. I didn't think Skywalkers had open tryouts once HS age. The website doesn't list a tryout for 26s. I guess we will have to call and see.

SW still have open tryouts. However, you better be an all American to crack the roster for their 26 blue team.

So, the SW Blue goalies are either mediocre or both are destined for a school like Delaware on the low end and UVA on the high end. That's a pretty big gap in assessments.

Regardless of that, SW has the same two goalies the last 3 years so would be difficult to break into that. To say another way I doubt they are “looking” for goalies. There are likely other teams that have only 1 goalie and would be looking to add another.

Sounds like we would be wasting our time going to a SW tryout. I had a feeling we would get shut out at this stage of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the silliness! SW Blue goalies are decent but the coaches will give all players an honest look. Upgrades are welcome at any club - all club parents claim to be the best out there... very few are. If your daughter is interested and the club is a potential good fit. Go for it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No club experience but was on a top ten team- did your daughter play in games? Realistic expectations at this point- Better to look at mid level clubs, they still have good recruiting potential.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Sounds like we would be wasting our time going to a SW tryout. I had a feeling we would get shut out at this stage of the game.

SW has a good track record getting their players placed in good colleges. If that is what your daughter is trying to achieve, I don't think it would hurt to give a call. Probably try to get ahold of Michael McLaughlin, he would definitely let you know if there was any possibility of one if the 26 teams needing a new goalie. At least you would know whether to bother with going there to try out. I definitely wouldn't write them off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No club experience but was on a top ten team- did your daughter play in games? Realistic expectations at this point- Better to look at mid level clubs, they still have good recruiting potential.

Top ten team and a 2026 on varsity? That is impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top ten team and a 2026 on varsity? That is impressive.

That is really impressive!! She will be so excited to find out she did that ... and that she never played club.

I wish she was on that level. We only signed up for M&D because it was the only club I thought had tryouts so soon. Since they have two teams, it is worth trying and get some feedback on her skill level. I checked the SW website after the comments and they have early tryouts the same week. I didn't realize they had two teams so we may sign up for theirs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Yeah, because SWB 26 has a grand total of 1 player on All America this year. Get your daughter to every mid to high club tryout that you can, and prepare her in advance for some disappointment. It won't be easy, but if she's good, she'll likely find a spot somewhere. SWB 26 is a mediocre team by historical SW standards, but they do have 2 decent goalies, and a SW White goalie that is arguably better. It's still worth trying there too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Yeah, because SWB 26 has a grand total of 1 player on All America this year. Get your daughter to every mid to high club tryout that you can, and prepare her in advance for some disappointment. It won't be easy, but if she's good, she'll likely find a spot somewhere. SWB 26 is a mediocre team by historical SW standards, but they do have 2 decent goalies, and a SW White goalie that is arguably better. It's still worth trying there too.

AA isn’t an accurate assessment on skill level for a picked team when the majority of those girls picked were the result of a parent of a teammate of nearly half the team picked. Agree tho- cast a wide net and consider DC/VA teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just scrolled through some of the past pages and Holy S***, the amount of drama around goalies is insane!!

Is it like this for every age group or was there something in the water the year 2026 girls were born?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three of SW players would have made All American team. 3 top players out with injuries. 2 players may be out all season so no tournament play. One of these girls made American Select last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

I think M&D has an opening.
Red has two openings and Black has one. Tryouts are in July

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to stir up drama again Spaulding Mom? Just be I see your daughter went from red to black don’t mean she’s all that
Everywhere you go it’s comments and drama

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bunch of responses got removed it seems. Reading past posts, I don't think the team from AA County would have been a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bunch of responses got removed it seems. Reading past posts, I don't think the team from AA County would have been a good fit.

That team from AA County needs a second goalie and has been actively looking. Reach out to the coaches, club owner. They just took a few players going into summer tournaments. Sadly- kids get hurt and there’s always a need for back ups and more competition. Integrity, Coppermine, CC lax- all actively looking for that second goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three of SW players would have made All American team. 3 top players out with injuries. 2 players may be out all season so no tournament play. One of these girls made American Select last year.
Is SW guaranteed a certain # of AA players, or are you just that confident that all 3 would have had a great tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies
We know, we know, and one of them is the best goalie in the whole wide world. We know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies
We know, we know, and one of them is the best goalie in the whole wide world. We know!

then why are you trying to claim Black has an opening?

you troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not guaranteed any spots. In my opinion, those players are strong. All were freshman varsity players at their schools and two were on American Select championship team last year. I assume they would have made All American or American Select. I have no insider information…just a strong hunch. You should see them on next year’s rosters if they chose to tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS has had 2 weeks and still can’t publish rosters. It’s ok they have your $900 though. Such a [Censored] group running this event. And the sheeple will keep paying them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS has had 2 weeks and still can’t publish rosters. It’s ok they have your $900 though. Such a [Censored] group running this event. And the sheeple will keep paying them.

They were published around June 15 last year. Nothing new...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies

you troll

So, to summarize,

1. A goalie would need to be an AA to make SW Blue...or they have mediocre ones.
2. M&D has an opening on Black...or not and also have the best goalie in the world.
3. M&D Red has two openings but maybe they don't.
4. Integrity has one goalie and want another but the one goalie plays 100%.
5. Coppermine and CCLax are searching for a 2nd goalie.
6. There are goalie moms and dads that it seems most people know just with a reference to a team and parent.
7. Goalie parents bring drama wherever they go.

And based on the team schedules I could find, tryouts are before the tournaments are finished. How does that even work? Do the current players have to tryout or just new players? Do they cut current players before the end of the summer season?

This is so confusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies

you troll

So, to summarize,

1. A goalie would need to be an AA to make SW Blue...or they have mediocre ones.
2. M&D has an opening on Black...or not and also have the best goalie in the world.
6. There are goalie moms and dads that it seems most people know just with a reference to a team and parent.

And based on the team schedules I could find, tryouts are before the tournaments are finished. How does that even work? Do the current players have to tryout or just new players? Do they cut current players before the end of the summer season?

This is so confusing.

Most have tryouts before the last tournament. Some clubs tell them before, others wait til Monday after
One higher level club told them before, and then invited the new girls to the last tournament and the ones that didn’t make the team again or chose to go elsewhere- many chose to miss that last tournament knowing they wouldn’t see the field over the new players. Just depends on the club. Do what’s right for your kid but given it’s HS w established teams cast a very wide net and prioritize where you know there’s a need. Very hard to break into a new club where it’s established- player has to be that much better than what they have. Common sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clubs need a goalie?

Black has two goalies

you troll

So, to summarize,

This is so confusing.
Get it right, the best goalie in the whole wide world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so confusing.[/quote]
Get it right, the best goalie in the whole wide world.[/quote]

Hero’s scores 5 goals in just first 18 minutes against the recruit M&D goalie haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so confusing.
Get it right, the best goalie in the whole wide world.[/quote]

Hero’s scores 5 goals in just first 18 minutes against the recruit M&D goalie haha[/quote]

Let’s not forget what happens at the draw circle, ball getting past middies and D, shots mis fired…..it’s a team game people. Drop the drama and discuss more useful information/ bored w goalie talk. Who’s doing well? Impressed w MDU play this weekend, the team is truly coming together after the coaching change. They’ll become more in sync as summer progresses- hopefully the players will be able to show their talents w good competition this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so confusing.

Hero’s scores 5 goals in just first 18 minutes against the recruit M&D goalie haha[/quote]

Let’s not forget what happens at the draw circle, ball getting past middies and D, shots mis fired…..it’s a team game people. Drop the drama and discuss more useful information/ bored w goalie talk. Who’s doing well? Impressed w MDU play this weekend, the team is truly coming together after the coaching change. They’ll become more in sync as summer progresses- hopefully the players will be able to show their talents w good competition this summer[/quote]

Who did they play? How did they do?

I saw some of their younger teams are doing well against top level teams. I didn't think the HS teams were competing against the top clubs. I don't know much about the team though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so confusing.

Let’s not forget what happens at the draw circle, ball getting past middies and D, shots mis fired…..it’s a team game people. Drop the drama and discuss more useful information/ bored w goalie talk. Who’s doing well? Impressed w MDU play this weekend, the team is truly coming together after the coaching change. They’ll become more in sync as summer progresses- hopefully the players will be able to show their talents w good competition this summer[/quote]
SO it's a team issue when the goalie has a bad one, but when they win its because of the goalie had a great game. We get it dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see which parent get escorted out of Live Love Lax for being a whino!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see which parent get escorted out of Live Love Lax for being a whino!!!!

This is pretty random. Unless you have a few candidates in mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not since they sent an email out for this weekend and considering the way people acted at the Think Lax tourney last weekend parents had to be hammered

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not since they sent an email out for this weekend and considering the way people acted at the Think Lax tourney last weekend parents had to be hammered
Are we talking about Impulse? Yes, parents were sauced, some were downright inebriated. Grow up parents. Your girls are in high school now and taking notes. So are coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so confusing.

Hero’s scores 5 goals in just first 18 minutes against the recruit M&D goalie haha

Who did they play? How did they do?

I saw some of their younger teams are doing well against top level teams. I didn't think the HS teams were competing against the top clubs. I don't know much about the team though.[/quote]

Middle School and lower pretty clear MDU is the third best club in MD and at some grad years, better than M&D or HG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it the Think Lax tournament or the boys tournament at Calvert Regional last weekend? IT references County rules, like there was issue at that specific field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it the Think Lax tournament or the boys tournament at Calvert Regional last weekend? IT references County rules, like there was issue at that specific field.

Where is the tailgate section? I couldn't find it on the map.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just saw the rosters were published. Red team has 22 and Yellow has 19. I wonder what the reason is for nor having 22 on Yellow. Severn and NDP had a lot of girls chosen. TLC, FCA and MD United all had several chosen. I'm sure all are deserving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just saw the rosters were published. Red team has 22 and Yellow has 19. I wonder what the reason is for nor having 22 on Yellow. Severn and NDP had a lot of girls chosen. TLC, FCA and MD United all had several chosen. I'm sure all are deserving.

Probably because people didn't want to shell out $700 to be on the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red has 23, but who's counting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red has 23, but who's counting.

1 girl listed twice. I guess you weren’t.

Like Reply Quote
Page 74 of 87 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard