BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 79 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow! May be some major changes in the 28 club landscape....stay tuned! Tryouts are around the corner and rumor mill is churning!

Need the Paparazzis out at summer practices to get glimpses of who may be moving!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! May be some major changes in the 28 club landscape....stay tuned! Tryouts are around the corner and rumor mill is churning!

Need the Paparazzis out at summer practices to get glimpses of who may be moving!
One of the more established clubs may not even be able to field a 28 team next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the more established clubs may not even be able to field a 28 team next year!
Can’t think of one established club that’s even remotely close to that scenario, but whatever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t think of one established club that’s even remotely close to that scenario, but whatever.

Crush?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine, since they are smartly going to Heros and M&D for proven recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more Orange Slices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rumor mill gets especially unhinged this time of year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush?
Definitely not Crush, I wouldn’t consider them a well established club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA or NEMS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls leave these tryouts bummed they didn’t get that many touches or a chance to show what they can do, and they’re gonna let girls come for “practice”??? That just seems off, or as a was stated, an opportunity to get paid for however many extra tryout registrations. Sounds like AU Futures was the way to go.

I have a 29 and a 28, I know both 29 kids who tried out. Well, both girls play for McDonough and Taylor was very much involved. Both kids are holdbacks so it's really not that impressive. Both kids parents believe they are the best players on their team (just got to the 29 forum and read the recent comments about the Heros and M&D game). Both kids aren't even the best players on their teams but play the same game, charge through all right handed with your head down and shoot as hard as you can through a defender. And, I was there with my 28, both kids are attackers and didn't even sniff a shot in the games yet made the team. So their game isn't even good against kids on age. 100% Taylor Cummings pulling strings. Politics. Welcome to lacrosse in Maryland folks.

Wow. There is a lot of anger in this post in a forum on 7th grade girls. I have no idea why the two girls were selected or who they are. It is a big stretch to think TC was pulling strings to ensure 2 6th graders made the team just because they go to McDonogh. I seriously doubt TC even knew they were trying out. She is listed as one of the main event coaches. But so is BR from MVP and CD from RPCS. Two other coaches are directors from Heros and SW. But TC is the only one who is pulling the strings?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA or NEMS?

Probably HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA or NEMS?

Probably HoCo
HoCo has two teams at the 2028 level. They will be fielding a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm…what other names can we throw out at random?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC Elite is supposedly being purchased by the St. James (the same company who owns Stars) and BLC may not be able to field a 28 team, but neither of those teams are relevant at the 28 age group, and not worth the ink on the page of gossip.

Semantics….did you mean established in years as a program, or established in legitimacy of competition ( top 10) ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not going to Heros or M&D. Heros doesn’t have great recruiting resources. M&D is a weaker team. Colleges look at players and will form a relationship with clubs with best players. Coppermine will be just fine. Lots if buzz about Heros and M&D kids signing up to tryout for Coppermine. We will see what’s true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls leave these tryouts bummed they didn’t get that many touches or a chance to show what they can do, and they’re gonna let girls come for “practice”??? That just seems off, or as a was stated, an opportunity to get paid for however many extra tryout registrations. Sounds like AU Futures was the way to go.

I have a 29 and a 28, I know both 29 kids who tried out. Well, both girls play for McDonough and Taylor was very much involved. Both kids are holdbacks so it's really not that impressive. Both kids parents believe they are the best players on their team (just got to the 29 forum and read the recent comments about the Heros and M&D game). Both kids aren't even the best players on their teams but play the same game, charge through all right handed with your head down and shoot as hard as you can through a defender. And, I was there with my 28, both kids are attackers and didn't even sniff a shot in the games yet made the team. So their game isn't even good against kids on age. 100% Taylor Cummings pulling strings. Politics. Welcome to lacrosse in Maryland folks.

Wow. There is a lot of anger in this post in a forum on 7th grade girls. I have no idea why the two girls were selected or who they are. It is a big stretch to think TC was pulling strings to ensure 2 6th graders made the team just because they go to McDonogh. I seriously doubt TC even knew they were trying out. She is listed as one of the main event coaches. But so is BR from MVP and CD from RPCS. Two other coaches are directors from Heros and SW. But TC is the only one who is pulling the strings?

Exactly. TC would never get involved at this level. I was at the tryout and one of the 29s played with my daughter a long time ago. The one I know is definitely of 6th grade age and my daughter said they both looked great. The field was far away so maybe the 28/29 Dad has bad eyesight because they scored frequently. Kids play up all the time. As long as they didn’t break any rules like playing too old why are you so upset 29/28 Dad? My daughter didn’t make the team either, Our conversation was let’s work on having a better tryout next time. We are not upset my 28 was beaten out by a 29 who played better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC Elite is supposedly being purchased by the St. James (the same company who owns Stars) and BLC may not be able to field a 28 team, but neither of those teams are relevant at the 28 age group, and not worth the ink on the page of gossip.

Semantics….did you mean established in years as a program, or established in legitimacy of competition ( top 10) ?
Years as a program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not going to Heros or M&D. Heros doesn’t have great recruiting resources. M&D is a weaker team. Colleges look at players and will form a relationship with clubs with best players. Coppermine will be just fine. Lots if buzz about Heros and M&D kids signing up to tryout for Coppermine. We will see what’s true.

What does M&D being "weaker" prevent? I think you will see movement across all the A teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No clue who is going where, but the suggestion that college coaches are going to be looking at Coppermine instead of Heros and M&D because they've won games in 7th grade by a few point margin is so shortsighted. Not to mention, M&D and Heros don't have to "form connections" with colleges because their clubs already have longstanding relationships. Same goes for Skywalkers. I'm sure Coppermine is going to be just fine, but so are the other top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does M&D being "weaker" prevent? I think you will see movement across all the A teams

It prevents people who care only about winning every game in middle school from switching teams? Oh and I didn't realize Coppermine had Heros beat in the recruiting department now. You know, you'd get your point across far more effectively if you just said your team is good and the players seem happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any good talent from any of the lower-tier A teams (NEMS, FCA, NL, CCL) that could actually contribute in a meaningful way to a good team, not just ride the bench?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC. They've been keeping that thing together with duct tape for a couple of years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any good talent from any of the lower-tier A teams (NEMS, FCA, NL, CCL) that could actually contribute in a meaningful way to a good team, not just ride the bench?
NEMS has one A caliber player left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks promising. But not sure how this will work with tryouts and new teams being developed.

US Club Lax National Championship

Event Details:
The top 16 teams in each age group will be invited to participate in the event based off of the U.S. Club Lacrosse rankings.

Dates: August 1st-4th, 2024
Opening Ceremony: August 1st from 6pm-9pm
Pool Play Games: August 2nd-3rd from 8am-8pm
Consolation/Semi Finals/Finals: August 4th from 8am-4pm
Eligibility: U12-U17 Boy's and Girl's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It won’t. Right during prime vacation time too.

And good luck getting M&D to participate if it isn’t affiliated with 3Step.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will M&D still be top 16 by then?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’re gonna be just fine smart guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice cool night down here in North Carolina. Coach went over the flopping plan for tomorrow at the team dinner. Needed to adjust a little for the expected rain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’re gonna be just fine smart guy.

wink.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that’s it? One NEMS player is the only decent prospect? Oh well, I guess I am not too surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D middie complaining about her team. Look for a move to Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It won’t. Right during prime vacation time too.

And good luck getting M&D to participate if it isn’t affiliated with 3Step.

Who wants yet another weekend of lax and living out of a hotel room? Give me my vacation time please. No thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice cool night down here in North Carolina. Coach went over the flopping plan for tomorrow at the team dinner. Needed to adjust a little for the expected rain.
GET OVER IT. Part of the game. Get used to it now or you will never survive college level ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched Coppermine 2028’s 3rd game today and didn’t see any flopping. And before you ask, I am not a fan of Coppermine. However, I do appreciate how the girls play.dAMv3T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geez, can't anyone over at Coppermine keep a secret?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow up-if your team was flopping & working, you wouldn’t be complaining about it. Unfortunately, flopping & holding heads has become part of the game plan-don’t you watch college lacrosse? Does it make it right, no!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad for Pride; a 6 team pool would have made more sense. That would have allowed Pride to play Crush and M&D face the number 1 seed. Or even a 5 v 4 play in..

But, for predictions on the actual playoffs, it would be easier with a line, but here goes:

--Coppermine over MD United again, but closer than the rain game earlier this month. Coppermine by 3.

--Crush over Heroes. They haven't been tested since early season, but their one goal loss to Coppermine and win over MDU make me believe they can pull this off. Crush by 1.

--Coppermine over Crush in the finals. They are just too strong this Spring (or since last Spring really) and will play their best game of the year. Coppermine by 4.

--Bonus Pick. Coppermine will beat Eagle Stix in NC for the National Championship. Eagle Stix hasn't played anybody serious since last November. Coppermine will be tuned up. Coppermine by 2.

This post aged pretty well. A couple of goals off, but ran the table on the winners.

Congrats to Coppermine. Way to represent the region! Beat Eagle Stix at their own game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geez, can't anyone over at Coppermine keep a secret?!?

I doubt a Coppermine parent is worried about posting on botc down at the national championships!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn’t there but heard Long Island team had the upper hand in the coppermine game at NGLL? Anyone see that game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good laugh but not happening. No reason to leave M&D.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 79 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard