BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 104 of 122 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 121 122
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As an IAAM parent who has only seen one of the public schools this year, I am genuinely curious what people think about where these 8 teams would end up if they were in the IAAM.

I think the publics are down across the board this season compared to previous, but I think Glenelg (who MV eliminated) and Man Valley would comfortably make the IAAM playoffs. I don't think they could beat McD or SPSG but it wouldn't be a killing. Glenelg lost to NDP without their top 3 players and lost to McD by 5 or 6 with their top 3 players. Both have players that would be top 3 players on any IAAM team.

Liberty is really good, but their style isn't conducive to a shot clock. For whatever it's worth, they did beat Mercy this year. Towson beat RPCS, Century (who Glenelg eliminated), who is way down this season, beat Gerstell (but so did everyone else). SP got beaten pretty good by Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that GFS posted they are hiring a new head lacrosse coach/Assistant AD. Didn't the coach just start there a couple of years ago?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the publics are down across the board this season compared to previous, but I think Glenelg (who MV eliminated) and Man Valley would comfortably make the IAAM playoffs. I don't think they could beat McD or SPSG but it wouldn't be a killing. Glenelg lost to NDP without their top 3 players and lost to McD by 5 or 6 with their top 3 players. Both have players that would be top 3 players on any IAAM team.

I think Man Valley has a few very good players but not a solid team like McD or SPSG. It would not be a close game. Liberty beat Mercy this year but so did every team in the IAAM…..Again, a few really good players but not the whole team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that GFS posted they are hiring a new head lacrosse coach/Assistant AD. Didn't the coach just start there a couple of years ago?

Yes, she is moving out of state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an IAAM parent who has only seen one of the public schools this year, I am genuinely curious what people think about where these 8 teams would end up if they were in the IAAM.

Have them call an Iaam school and accept a game playing with Iaam rules.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Mary’s also looking for new HC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Man Valley has a few very good players but not a solid team like McD or SPSG. It would not be a close game. Liberty beat Mercy this year but so did every team in the IAAM…..Again, a few really good players but not the whole team.

On paper Man Valley should be the 4th or 5th best team in Carroll County, but they find a way to win consistently. I don't think they would beat the top 2 in IAAM, probably an L vs the next 3 but not an automatic L, and should win more than they lose against the rest of the A division. Same with Glenelg.

If the question is can a public win the IAAM this season, the answer is no. But there is no doubt a few of those public schools can compete far better than more than half the A division. If my daughter in Carroll wanted to go high school with lacrosse being a main focus, I scratch my head why they would pick Gerstell ahead of all the Carroll schools besides FSK and Winters Mill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I think at least 3 publics would be playoff teams, especially if they played by NFHS rules and refs not IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Mary’s also looking for new HC.

I hadn't heard that! Wow. She was an alumni. They had a really weird year. I don't know if their record had anything to do with it or she was ready for other things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson is a good measure of public schools and probably the best in the state this year (though they get no recognition). They beat Man Val by multiple goals this year and also beat RPCS by 1. RPCS was an 8 seed this year and McD beat them by double digits. Towson would be a solid 8-9 team in the IAAM and I am doubtful Man Val or any other schools would be in the top 10.

There are some very talented girls in public schools but comparing PS team to Private is like comparing Skywalkers, MnD or Hero's to Gamber, LTRC or Towson rec. There is just too much depth at the privates and few if any PS schools could compete in the A conference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson is a good measure of public schools and probably the best in the state this year (though they get no recognition). They beat Man Val by multiple goals this year and also beat RPCS by 1. RPCS was an 8 seed this year and McD beat them by double digits. Towson would be a solid 8-9 team in the IAAM and I am doubtful Man Val or any other schools would be in the top 10.

There are some very talented girls in public schools but comparing PS team to Private is like comparing Skywalkers, MnD or Hero's to Gamber, LTRC or Towson rec. There is just too much depth at the privates and few if any PS schools could compete in the A conference.

If MV wins on Thursday will the paper say record 19-0* *lost to Towson HS?

I take Glenelg as good compare. They scrimmaged GCS fairly close and played NDP and McD during the regular season. Fully loaded, they played the IAAM champ to a 5 goal game. Most of the IAAM didn't do that.

They have close to double digit D1 players (Maryland, Virginia Tech, etc.) and a few freshman that will be when the time comes. Far cry from Gamber rec.

I have no doubt McD and SPSG are better teams than any public, but the rest would play very competitive with the best PS teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Towson did not beat Man Valley, Man Valley is the only unbeaten public school. In addition, Towson lost to Broadneck this season. Broadneck lost to Liberty, Severna Park and Glenelg. Liberty has only lost to Man Valley this year. Glenelg has only lost to Man Valley in public schools this year. Saying that Towson is well above any of these other publics (and the best in the state) is just being a homer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MV beat 1A state Champ Liberty by 7. Their only loss. LHS also won the battle of state champions in this years tournament. Which included some of the same teams participating in this year’s states tournament.

MV beat Century by 7 who while down almost knocked off Glenelg in regional semis.

MV beat Westminster by 14. Westminster lost a state semi heart breaker to SP.

MV beat a loaded Glenelg team in regional final.

MV beat Dulaney who is in the state finals.

The Towson game being referenced was a scrimmage where teams play all girls (at least MV did) and they tied if I remember correctly?

I’m not knocking Towson. They are a very well coached great team. But I think US lax magazine got it right with MV top 10 mid Atlantic ranking and 22 in the nation.

With all that said. Middletown won’t be a push over. They will come ready to avenge an early season loss to MV. And if MV plays the way they did against CMW. They could lose.

Just a little fact checking for wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg was at full strength in their game vs NDP. Some of their “top” players just stopped playing. But let’s not make excuses on why they lost by 10+ to the 8th best team in the IAAM. And the “closer” result with McD was because McD subbing quite a lot after going up big. Gleneg would fall somewhere between 8-12 in IAAM

I take Glenelg as good compare. They scrimmaged GCS fairly close and played NDP and McD during the regular season. Fully loaded, they played the IAAM champ to a 5 goal game. Most of the IAAM didn't do that.

They have close to double digit D1 players (Maryland, Virginia Tech, etc.) and a few freshman that will be when the time comes. Far cry from Gamber rec.

I have no doubt McD and SPSG are better teams than any public, but the rest would play very competitive with the best PS teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MV beat 1A state Champ Liberty by 7. Their only loss. LHS also won the battle of state champions in this years tournament. Which included some of the same teams participating in this year’s states tournament.

MV beat Century by 7 who while down almost knocked off Glenelg in regional semis.

The Towson game being referenced was a scrimmage where teams play all girls (at least MV did) and they tied if I remember correctly?

I’m not knocking Towson. They are a very well coached great team. But I think US lax magazine got it right with MV top 10 mid Atlantic ranking and 22 in the nation.

With all that said. Middletown won’t be a push over. They will come ready to avenge an early season loss to MV. And if MV plays the way they did against CMW. They could lose.

As a Glenelg parent, MV has a girl (not sure her name) who was referenced by Coach Pags as being the best player he has seen all year, this includes the private schools. One advantage to playing at a public school is a player like that can carry a team. I am not sure if they could hang in IAAM but they were well coached and played a great team game. Can't say anything about Towson didn't see them but, MV deserves respect that's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg was at full strength in their game vs NDP. Some of their “top” players just stopped playing. But let’s not make excuses on why they lost by 10+ to the 8th best team in the IAAM. And the “closer” result with McD was because McD subbing quite a lot after going up big. Gleneg would fall somewhere between 8-12 in IAAM [quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Towson is a good measure of public schools and probably the best in the state this year (though they get no recognition). They beat Man Val by multiple goals this year and also beat RPCS by 1. RPCS was an 8 seed this year and McD beat them by double digits. Towson would be a solid 8-9 team in the IAAM and I am doubtful Man Val or any other schools would be in the top 10.

Stop with the fool talk. Scrimmages never count. Never
Mcdonogh played lots more players than they do va top teams in conference. And game stopped with 9 min left due to weather.
Public vs private with shot clock would be a different story for glenelg too. They like to take air out of the ball and their 7 on a side are nowhere ready to handle extra possessions that a private would take. Same for any public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect. Towson did not beat Man Valley, Man Valley is the only unbeaten public school. In addition, Towson lost to Broadneck this season. Broadneck lost to Liberty, Severna Park and Glenelg. Liberty has only lost to Man Valley this year. Glenelg has only lost to Man Valley in public schools this year. Saying that Towson is well above any of these other publics (and the best in the state) is just being a homer.[/quote]

sorry - you're incorrect, Towson did beat ManValley. and towson lost to broadneck but four starters were benched the entire first half for missing all of their spring break practices so they began the second half down 9-2

both towson and man valley are good teams with good players
not as deep as privates but still good teams
just leave it be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man Valley beat Middleton after middleton played the second half of the game two players down from yellow cards
Hopefully the refs don't sway the game that drastically again

Manchester Valley did not scrimmage towson any differently than an actual game. and it was not tied. towson won. the players that are referenced in all the news articles played pretty much the whole game. so maybe if MV and Towson had played one week later it would've been a "real" game and not a scrimmage ???

Man Valley beat Century who is down their key class of 23 players

they're good but so are these other teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect. Towson did not beat Man Valley, Man Valley is the only unbeaten public school. In addition, Towson lost to Broadneck this season. Broadneck lost to Liberty, Severna Park and Glenelg. Liberty has only lost to Man Valley this year. Glenelg has only lost to Man Valley in public schools this year. Saying that Towson is well above any of these other publics (and the best in the state) is just being a homer.

sorry - you're incorrect, Towson did beat ManValley. and towson lost to broadneck but four starters were benched the entire first half for missing all of their spring break practices so they began the second half down 9-2

just leave it be[/quote]

When did Towson beat MV? Because they are 18-0 right now, so not sure what game you are referencing? I agree they are both great teams and we can leave it be but, let's be honest...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man Valley beat Middleton after middleton played the second half of the game two players down from yellow cards
Hopefully the refs don't sway the game that drastically again

Manchester Valley did not scrimmage towson any differently than an actual game. and it was not tied. towson won. the players that are referenced in all the news articles played pretty much the whole game. so maybe if MV and Towson had played one week later it would've been a "real" game and not a scrimmage ???

Man Valley beat Century who is down their key class of 23 players

they're good but so are these other teams

Ok, we get it, your a huge Towson fan but, at least keep the facts straight. A SCRIMMAGE doesn't MATTER! That's why it's called a scrimmage and isn't listed as a game for either team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#McD lets their second and third string players on games like these that are not as competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good but so are these other teams[/quote]

Ok, we get it, your a huge Towson fan but, at least keep the facts straight. A SCRIMMAGE doesn't MATTER! That's why it's called a scrimmage and isn't listed as a game for either team.[/quote]

not a Towson fan. i'm a private parent
but only people who lose in the scrimmages say they don't count . it's like when teams lose in the fall and say they lost cause girls were " missing for soccer"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good but so are these other teams

Ok, we get it, your a huge Towson fan but, at least keep the facts straight. A SCRIMMAGE doesn't MATTER! That's why it's called a scrimmage and isn't listed as a game for either team.[/quote]

but only people who lose in the scrimmages say they don't count . it's like when teams lose in the fall and say they lost cause girls were " missing for soccer"[/quote]

Nope. Nobody says scrimmages count. Just you.

Almost every scrimmage includes backups, who wouldn't be on the field in a game that mattered. Scrimmages are to work on plays, see how teams perform, try new ideas. They are a PRACTICE GAME. Not a real game. They have zero losses so far. Towson has 1 (even with the missing players excuse), because it was an actual game that counted in season. Move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, we get it, your a huge Towson fan but, at least keep the facts straight. A SCRIMMAGE doesn't MATTER! That's why it's called a scrimmage and isn't listed as a game for either team.

but only people who lose in the scrimmages say they don't count . it's like when teams lose in the fall and say they lost cause girls were " missing for soccer"[/quote]

Nope. Nobody says scrimmages count. Just you.

Almost every scrimmage includes backups, who wouldn't be on the field in a game that mattered. Scrimmages are to work on plays, see how teams perform, try new ideas. They are a PRACTICE GAME. Not a real game. They have zero losses so far. Towson has 1 (even with the missing players excuse), because it was an actual game that counted in season. Move along.[/quote]

you definitely a MV parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scrimmages don't count. They are practice games. I have never felt bad about losing one or good about winning one. Coaches use them to evaluate players in game conditions. The NFL preseason games don't count for the same reason. Do some high school teams take them more seriously against certain teams? Absolutely. But that is one sided and usually because a team wants to prove something while the other is using it to prepare for the season.

Towson may be good enough to beat MV. I have no idea and we won't know because they only played in a scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re fool. Knowledgeable people count scrimmages as a great practice except for mommy and daddy that like to promote their babies team to others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the public school teams playing this week !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just leave it be[/quote]

I love this logic, so i'm just going to say I'm so thankful we live in an area with hands down the best NFL team the last 5 seasons. The Ravens are 20-0 in the last 20 preseason games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just leave it be

I love this logic, so i'm just going to say I'm so thankful we live in an area with hands down the best NFL team the last 5 seasons. The Ravens are 20-0 in the last 20 preseason games.[/quote]

R speaks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re fool. Knowledgeable people count scrimmages as a great practice except for mommy and daddy that like to promote their babies team to others.[/quote]

Towson won the scrimmage by a few(do t remember the score). They shut down MV best player and she only had a few goals compared to the multiples she’s had against other teams this year. You know, the sophomore. And yes, no one ever mentions Towson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to the Liberty team and their coach. Nice story and certainly an emotional year...puts things in perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but only people who lose in the scrimmages say they don't count . it's like when teams lose in the fall and say they lost cause girls were " missing for soccer"

You’re fool. Knowledgeable people count scrimmages as a great practice except for mommy and daddy that like to promote their babies team to others.[/quote]

Towson won the scrimmage by a few(do t remember the score). They shut down MV best player and she only had a few goals compared to the multiples she’s had against other teams this year. You know, the sophomore. And yes, no one ever mentions Towson.[/quote]

9-8

Did anyone mention this is a scrimmage or really a practice. Sounds like Towson really is excited about this win 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]good but so are these other teams

9-8

Did anyone mention this is a scrimmage or really a practice. Sounds like Towson really is excited about this win 😂

No one on Towson cares - that's the irony of these posts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re fool. Knowledgeable people count scrimmages as a great practice except for mommy and daddy that like to promote their babies team to others.

Towson won the scrimmage by a few(do t remember the score). They shut down MV best player and she only had a few goals compared to the multiples she’s had against other teams this year. You know, the sophomore. And yes, no one ever mentions Towson.[/quote]

9-8

Did anyone mention this is a scrimmage or really a practice. Sounds like Towson really is excited about this win 😂[/quote]

We weren’t really excited about the scrimmage win, but we were expecting a better team. MV this, MV that, yadda yadda yadda. They had one girl who could score and she looked scared. So there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Towson won the scrimmage by a few(do t remember the score). They shut down MV best player and she only had a few goals compared to the multiples she’s had against other teams this year. You know, the sophomore. And yes, no one ever mentions Towson.

9-8

Did anyone mention this is a scrimmage or really a practice. Sounds like Towson really is excited about this win 😂[/quote]

We weren’t really excited about the scrimmage win, but we were expecting a better team. MV this, MV that, yadda yadda yadda. They had one girl who could score and she looked scared. So there[/quote]

🤡

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-8

We weren’t really excited about the scrimmage win, but we were expecting a better team. MV this, MV that, yadda yadda yadda. They had one girl who could score and she looked scared. So there

The state championship game should be Towsons focus and not trolling another team that has no impact on their game today on an anonymous forum. Not sure why the “lack of respect” is felt given Towson is ranked in the Sun and if they win today could be a Top 10 team. I’m going to assume this is a HS kid commenting. Focus on yourself and what you can control. It will take you further in life. Good luck today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t know what your talking about then please stop talking. Towson best Man Valley by one in a preseason scrimmage and Man Valley out shot then 2-1! SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t know what your talking about then please stop talking. Towson best Man Valley by one in a preseason scrimmage and Man Valley out shot then 2-1! SMH

☝️

Good luck to both teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9-8

We weren’t really excited about the scrimmage win, but we were expecting a better team. MV this, MV that, yadda yadda yadda. They had one girl who could score and she looked scared. So there[/quote]

🤡[/quote]

Both are publics that would struggle to get to top 8 in Iaam. Depth would be a major issue. Towson coach has never won a big yet. Let’s see how she handles tonight and how she follows it up next year. MV has 1 student and some solid in an average 2a class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Coach at McDonogh. TC out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 104 of 122 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 121 122
Quick Reply