BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 80 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 79 80
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This forum is so toxic. The fact that an adult/parent would spread lies about 7th grade lacrosse on here like they have is unfathomable. They need to require a login with your name instead of anonymous posting. Guaranteed that would change how people behave on here.
Then why didn't you create an account with your name and make this post?
This forum is so toxic. The fact that an adult/parent would spread lies about 7th grade lacrosse on here like they have is unfathomable. They need to require a login with your name instead of anonymous posting. Guaranteed that would change how people behave on here.
Point out the lies if you are so offended? List them. I'll wait.

Lie #1: Coppermine players intentionally flop
Lie#2: Coppermine Coaches teach players in practice to flop
Lie#3: 4 Players signing up for M&D tryouts

More truths than lies

Why would girls / families leave the best team for a weaker team. Don’t say recruiting either. Coppermine will be fine helping top players get recruited. Coaches find lots of good players that don’t wear M&D jerseys. Coppermine plays a fast physical style that’s better than M&D at that age too.

I’m not sure how this became about comparing M&D to Coppermine. But GENERALLY SPEAKING, plenty of players would leave a team that is winning, possibly only by a margin of only 1 or 2 goals, for another team that is also good if they felt there were better opportunities for them to develop as a player or play a significant role.

As we get towards recruiting age, people are going to care a lot less about championships and winning every single game and more about the future. Just look at the older forums on BOTC, very little bickering about which club team is better, more talk about recruiting, showcases, etc. Priorities will shift and teams will change.

I’m glad if your DD feels she has a good fit and is celebrating a championship. But everyone has a different experience and different priorities, even on winning teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine players don’t flop? Anyone who watches one of their games can see it. Go to YouTube and search.
SO WHAT?! It’s part of the game! Go watch any college game!! College coaches teach dramatics, including flopping!!! Did you watch any of the games today? Get over it!

Im just responding to the post that said Coppermine players flopping is a lie. They do, a lot, and it’s embarrassing. It embarrassing at college level. It needs to be fixed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Why would girls / families leave the best team for a weaker team. Don’t say recruiting either. Coppermine will be fine helping top players get recruited. Coaches find lots of good players that don’t wear M&D jerseys. Coppermine plays a fast physical style that’s better than M&D at that age too.

I’m not sure how this became about comparing M&D to Coppermine. But GENERALLY SPEAKING, plenty of players would leave a team that is winning, possibly only by a margin of only 1 or 2 goals, for another team that is also good if they felt there were better opportunities for them to develop as a player or play a significant role.

As we get towards recruiting age, people are going to care a lot less about championships and winning every single game and more about the future. Just look at the older forums on BOTC, very little bickering about which club team is better, more talk about recruiting, showcases, etc. Priorities will shift and teams will change.

I’m glad if your DD feels she has a good fit and is celebrating a championship. But everyone has a different experience and different priorities, even on winning teams.

Can't like this post enough, very well said. Sure winning is fun and all, but there's more to just winning trophies and t shirts. Maybe more will see and understand that and maybe some won't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Very well said. The only thing I will add is that at this age, parents care way more about winning titles than players do.

Across girls at the 27 or 28 age group who I have seen willingly leave top 5 teams, the success of the team was rarely a factor. The biggest factors were

1) Team fit. Are there lots of mean girls on the team or does everyone get along?

2) Playing time. Do I actually play in meaningful games and regularly get reps at practice

3) Coaching. Does the coach care about me as a person or does he/she just yell without providing any actual feedback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Can't like this post enough, very well said. Sure winning is fun and all, but there's more to just winning trophies and t shirts. Maybe more will see and understand that and maybe some won't.
Just make sure the team you play on during the recruiting years believes in equal playing time. Its not about wins anymore. All players should be seeing equal time on the field in front of college coaches. My daughter played on an M&D team that did not do this. To watch players sit while the coaches that came to watch them play were on the sidelines was terrible. Coaches didn't care at all ever, it was all about getting the top 5 on the team recruited, and then they worried about the rest, for some when it was too late. Talk to coaches, talk to directors. From here on out it is 95% showcases(except Lax for the Cure).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s fun about the FLOP—is it’s obvious; it’s annoying; it’s a form of cheating; and I would never, ever want to be known for doing it as an athlete. At the end of the day, it just means you can’t hang so you need to do some acting to get your free shot. Be an athlete.
Coppermine players don’t flop? Anyone who watches one of their games can see it. Go to YouTube and search.
SO WHAT?! It’s part of the game! Go watch any college game!! College coaches teach dramatics, including flopping!!! Did you watch any of the games today? Get over it!

Im just responding to the post that said Coppermine players flopping is a lie. They do, a lot, and it’s embarrassing. It embarrassing at college level. It needs to be fixed.

What’s fun about the FLOP—is it’s obvious; it’s annoying; it’s a form of cheating; and I would never, ever want to be known for doing it as an athlete. At the end of the day, it just means you can’t hang so you need to do some acting to get your free shot. Be an athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Just make sure the team you play on during the recruiting years believes in equal playing time. Its not about wins anymore. All players should be seeing equal time on the field in front of college coaches. My daughter played on an M&D team that did not do this. To watch players sit while the coaches that came to watch them play were on the sidelines was terrible. Coaches didn't care at all ever, it was all about getting the top 5 on the team recruited, and then they worried about the rest, for some when it was too late. Talk to coaches, talk to directors. From here on out it is 95% showcases(except Lax for the Cure).

Must have been a while ago. The recruiting at M&D for 22/23/24 all did really well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess LeBron James can’t hang? He flopped three times in his game last night on national television. It’s part of every game, it’s no different than trying to draw the shooting space call for the free position shot, which is also an advantage, which is also cheating, if you consider flopping cheating. Get a grip. It’s part of the game, it has always been part of the game. Some get away with it, some don’t, it’s part of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Must have been a while ago. The recruiting at M&D for 22/23/24 all did really well.
It was not awhile ago and was not Red. Like I said, make sure you have conversations first before going to M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess LeBron James can’t hang? He flopped three times in his game last night on national television. It’s part of every game, it’s no different than trying to draw the shooting space call for the free position shot, which is also an advantage, which is also cheating, if you consider flopping cheating. Get a grip. It’s part of the game, it has always been part of the game. Some get away with it, some don’t, it’s part of the game.

LeBron James is what…6’9 250 lbs and flops!? Jordon doesn’t even know what flopping is. We all know when you’re flopping, LeBron! Again, not a good look, but make a part of your game. I guess don’t want to be known as the one of the greatest. Be an athlete.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

It was not awhile ago and was not Red. Like I said, make sure you have conversations first before going to M&D.

This would be same at all clubs. The big 3 all have very good records at helping players find homes. Not sure why you’re bashing M&D. Looks like they were really good at getting all recruited the past few years. Every team and program has an exception. Doesn’t mean everyone else will end up like your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LeBron James is what…6’9 250 lbs and flops!? Jordon doesn’t even know what flopping is. We all know when you’re flopping, LeBron! Again, not a good look, but make a part of your game. I guess don’t want to be known as the one of the greatest. Be an athlete.

Are you really condoning flopping in girls lacrosse? WOW. First off shooting space is a rule in place for players safety. How do you compare a rule in the game to flopping? Second, you are ok with teaching your daughter flopping as a technique? Mine will not be doing that. Lebron is a billionaire and no one likes him flopping, how do you think it looks for a 13 year old girl to do it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

I don't know your experience so not trying to invalidate it, but I will say M&D has a policy that all girls should get significant minutes in showcases when there is no championship on the line. This is true even at the middle school years. So I wouldn't say this is something that you need to be concerned about specifically with M&D. But you are right that whenever switching clubs you should do your due diligence because all coaches do things differently perhaps regardless of policies. Some play to win, others play to develop or to showcase, while hopefully the vast majority try and play in a way that serves both ends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did American Select Tryouts go? Think they'll have just one team w/22 players like they say or expand to 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did American Select Tryouts go? Think they'll have just one team w/22 players like they say or expand to 2?
How was the turnout? Which clubs were mostly represented?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete waste of money at this age. Go on vacation instead.

They are probably trying to find more coaches so they field two teams and make more money. It happened after tryouts last year with older girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read a couple relies to your question and I am completely unimpressed with their responses. First off, they didn't answer your questions. I won't either since I wasn't at the tryouts. Sorry.

However, whether American Select is or is not a good thing will depend entirely on what you/your daughter hopes to achieve by attending the event. American Select may be a perfect fit for what you want regardless of whether it is a fit for others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent was pretty decent but better than average.Coaching the same. Good vibe overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read a couple relies to your question and I am completely unimpressed with their responses. First off, they didn't answer your questions. I won't either since I wasn't at the tryouts. Sorry.

However, whether American Select is or is not a good thing will depend entirely on what you/your daughter hopes to achieve by attending the event. American Select may be a perfect fit for what you want regardless of whether it is a fit for others.

yet you post more gibberish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 1 team made, good decision. Not enough talent for 2 great teams. At this age, look at this only for the experience and making friends. No college coaches will look at 28s. I heard two 29s that were there as just a practice for next year were offered a spot. Not sure what positions on the field they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 1 team made, good decision. Not enough talent for 2 great teams. At this age, look at this only for the experience and making friends. No college coaches will look at 28s. I heard two 29s that were there as just a practice for next year were offered a spot. Not sure what positions on the field they are.
Maybe a little AU Futures/American Select scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did AUFutures get decent talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete waste of money at this age. Go on vacation instead.

They are probably trying to find more coaches so they field two teams and make more money. It happened after tryouts last year with older girls.

We couldn't try out due to other commitments (non lacrosse) but I am having major FOMO about this (as is my kid). lots of her friends/teammates made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying they cut 28s and took 29s who showed up to tryouts even though it wasn’t open to 29s? Something about that seems really shady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did AUFutures get decent talent?
Yep, some of the best from a couple of top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying they cut 28s and took 29s who showed up to tryouts even though it wasn’t open to 29s? Something about that seems really shady.

No, I heard 29s were allowed to come. More like a run through of the tryout setup. It has been allowed in other years. I bet AS never expected them to be good enough to make it. I haven’t heard of any underagers being offered before. My oldest is a 23 and definitely a couple tryout years had younger girls there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I heard that also. I heard five 29s were there yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I heard 29s were allowed to come. More like a run through of the tryout setup. It has been allowed in other years. I bet AS never expected them to be good enough to make it. I haven’t heard of any underagers being offered before. My oldest is a 23 and definitely a couple tryout years had younger girls there.

Money grab. And the fact they cut 28s for 29s, which they didn’t even advertise it was open to, is insane. So two kids show up and they let them try out. Seems shade. What connections did they have? Who was selecting? This in my opinion discredits the whole process. Glad we skipped it to be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone advise of the differences between Nike / American Selects vs New Balance (was Under Armour) vs Athletes’s Unlimited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money grab. And the fact they cut 28s for 29s, which they didn’t even advertise it was open to, is insane. So two kids show up and they let them try out. Seems shade. What connections did they have? Who was selecting? This in my opinion discredits the whole process. Glad we skipped it to be honest.

Yeah, I have to agree. I cannot imagine feeling entitled enough to bring my kid to a tryout for a select team a year above my kids grad year unless I was urged to do so my someone involved.

Lots of girls leave these tryouts bummed they didn’t get that many touches or a chance to show what they can do, and they’re gonna let girls come for “practice”??? That just seems off, or as a was stated, an opportunity to get paid for however many extra tryout registrations. Sounds like AU Futures was the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I have to agree. I cannot imagine feeling entitled enough to bring my kid to a tryout for a select team a year above my kids grad year unless I was urged to do so my someone involved.

Lots of girls leave these tryouts bummed they didn’t get that many touches or a chance to show what they can do, and they’re gonna let girls come for “practice”??? That just seems off, or as a was stated, an opportunity to get paid for however many extra tryout registrations. Sounds like AU Futures was the way to go.

I disagree, kids play up all over the place. Look at the clubs that constantly let younger years play up all season. If they earned a spot, good for them. It sounds common to let some younger girls tryout in lowest age group. But If they aren’t as good as the 28 girls then I say fishy. It is definitely all a money grab, all of them. Maybe they allowed because numbers were down due to AU Futures?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 29 and a 28, I know both 29 kids who tried out. Well, both girls play for McDonough and Taylor was very much involved. Both kids are holdbacks so it's really not that impressive. Both kids parents believe they are the best players on their team (just got to the 29 forum and read the recent comments about the Heros and M&D game). Both kids aren't even the best players on their teams but play the same game, charge through all right handed with your head down and shoot as hard as you can through a defender. And, I was there with my 28, both kids are attackers and didn't even sniff a shot in the games yet made the team. So their game isn't even good against kids on age. 100% Taylor Cummings pulling strings. Politics. Welcome to lacrosse in Maryland folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone advise of the differences between Nike / American Selects vs New Balance (was Under Armour) vs Athletes’s Unlimited?

I'd rank them in order

1) Under Armour
With two grad years combined, its the hardest to make the team and has been around the longest I beleive

2) American Select
They've been watering it down, adding a 2nd team and getting younger each year (now open to 7th grade) but lots of talent try out and being 30 min from beach in July not bad.

3) Athletes Unlimited
In their third year, I feel like product took a step back in 2022. It's cool to get up close with Pro players, which should be price of admission, but overall no real coaching, and seems talent goes elsewhere but I'd say great for the younger girls for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, lots of 27s in other regions played up in American Select last year so this isn't unprecedented. I can name multiple 27s from Virginia, Colorado, Georgia and North Carolina and Mass who played on the 26 team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 29 and a 28, I know both 29 kids who tried out. Well, both girls play for McDonough and Taylor was very much involved. Both kids are holdbacks so it's really not that impressive. Both kids parents believe they are the best players on their team (just got to the 29 forum and read the recent comments about the Heros and M&D game). Both kids aren't even the best players on their teams but play the same game, charge through all right handed with your head down and shoot as hard as you can through a defender. And, I was there with my 28, both kids are attackers and didn't even sniff a shot in the games yet made the team. So their game isn't even good against kids on age. 100% Taylor Cummings pulling strings. Politics. Welcome to lacrosse in Maryland folks.

Don't let it get personal, I know your upset. I hope you are learning its who you know not what you can do. That is life but, especially lacrosse in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! May be some major changes in the 28 club landscape....stay tuned! Tryouts are around the corner and rumor mill is churning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! May be some major changes in the 28 club landscape....stay tuned! Tryouts are around the corner and rumor mill is churning!

Oh here it comes! Im getting the popcorn ready!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are going to stir the pot, you have to spill the tea. Which club has the people leaving, according to your churning rumor mill?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are going to stir the pot, you have to spill the tea. Which club has the people leaving, according to your churning rumor mill?

Maybe NGLL goes to age based and the whole system changes... we can only wish

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 80 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard