BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 274 of 313 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calvert Hall about to whoop some behind.

Well that didn’t age well. 😂

That is the biggest championship beatdown (MSA or MIAA) that I can recall. Wow.

The bought team with the 5th year from prep won. Just does not seem real when u won with holdbacks and transfers. Absolutely no culture at that woke institution they call McD. Hall had all the real feel in the bleachers. Some things never change no matter who wins. Coach H u sold out years ago against your Alama mater……

Boy you sound bitter. CH was throttled. Championship game was BL vs McD in semis. McD setting up to be the next dynasty.

Don’t confuse being bitter with the facts. McD had the holdbacks and boarder this year. You can’t come on here and believe the playing field in the A conference is anywhere close to level. I look at the win & the season McD had would have been shocked if they did not win. It rings hollow to most people in the know except McD players, coach’s & parents. McD along with BL should consider a national schedule. The boarders & high population of holdbacks will continue in this arms race. MIAA leadership does not want to do anything about it so this is what u get.

I am an A conference MIAA parent, although not affiliated with either McDonough or Calvert Hall. My question is - how can a Calvert Hall parent or fan complain about what McDonough did this season? Every team has holdbacks and I bet Calvert Hall had just as many as McDonough. The harsh truth is that the Calvert Hall holdbacks may just not have been as good - period. The one McDonough transfer in question was outstanding, but I ask this question - what MIAA school would not have accepted the transfer? He did it according to the rules and choose McDonough (it [Censored] but the rules are the rules). Lastly, Calvert Hall parents and fans forget their 3 year dynasty where 2 of their very best players were brought in from out of state. The past few years they have had transfers from all over the place that have unfortunately had to sit out their senior seasons due to age, playing eligibility, etc... Calvert Hall got beat by McDonough handily but most teams in the league did as well. Boys Latin will continue to augment their already talented squad with transfers. Please stop making excuses and let's get to summer club season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bought team with the 5th year from prep won. Just does not seem real when u won with holdbacks and transfers. Absolutely no culture at that woke institution they call McD. Hall had all the real feel in the bleachers. Some things never change no matter who wins. Coach H u sold out years ago against your Alama mater……

Boy you sound bitter. CH was throttled. Championship game was BL vs McD in semis. McD setting up to be the next dynasty.

Don’t confuse being bitter with the facts. McD had the holdbacks and boarder this year. You can’t come on here and believe the playing field in the A conference is anywhere close to level. I look at the win & the season McD had would have been shocked if they did not win. It rings hollow to most people in the know except McD players, coach’s & parents. McD along with BL should consider a national schedule. The boarders & high population of holdbacks will continue in this arms race. MIAA leadership does not want to do anything about it so this is what u get.

LOL - CH has been the king of holdbacks and in-house boarders for years! Now they are complaining because their formula does not work anymore. How ironic? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current US Club Lacrosse rankings:
2024 FCA Blue #19
2025 FCA #9
2026 FCA Blue #70
2026 FCA White #175
2027 FCA #5
2028 FCA Blue #9 (Coach K's team)
2028 FCA White #110
2029 FCA #15

In 2023 GHCLC 2028 FCA Blue placed 2nd and no other teams were even in the play-offs. Some teams might not have coaches affiliated with CHC. Coaches have turned away CHC boys in lieu of deals made with parents of boys from other clubs and going to other schools. If coaches are not loyal to the CHC pipeline, why would boys be when choosing a future high school? It's important for the boys to be playing together in school and in club so they foster trust and confidence in each other on the field.

2027 FCA isn’t close to #5 in the nation. They were #5 in the division…Not sure what rankings you looking at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA "leadership."
Puppet Show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school playoffs are embarrassing teams winning 23-0.

It’s bad lacrosse

They should have a shot clock, so it would have been 45-0

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are so many middle school and freshman lacrosse players transferring out of Gilman ? I guess moving down to the B conference is not setting well with folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman dropping to the B conference should help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is nothing but a continuation of the world of sports at the higher level. College is all about who has the most transfers and 5 year players now. MIAA is all about who has the transfers , holdbacks and boarders now. Best teams at top level get it done within the rules. Yea, it [Censored] to not be able to compete, but it is the way of sports now. Either get with them, take your licks or drop to another level of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ch got beat with same tactic they did a few to everyone a few years ago. McD saw what it did and recruited and got some transfers to win. Nothing wrong with that. MIAA is loaded with older players ( college age freshman), so adding transfers and some boarders is not like , doing anything that would be out of bounds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 FCA Blue #19
2025 FCA #9
2026 FCA Blue #70
2026 FCA White #175
2027 FCA #45
2028 FCA White #110
2029 FCA #15

In 2023 GHCLC 2028 FCA Blue placed 2nd and no other teams were even in the play-offs. Some teams might not have coaches affiliated with CHC. Coaches have turned away CHC boys in lieu of deals made with parents of boys from other clubs and going to other schools. If coaches are not loyal to the CHC pipeline, why would boys be when choosing a future high school? It's important for the boys to be playing together in school and in club so they foster trust and confidence in each other on the field.

2027 FCA isn’t close to #5 in the nation. They were #5 in the division…Not sure what rankings you looking at.

You're right - #45, tks for catching that!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched KI vs H-town. Believe KI beat H-town. Wayyyy better then the b conference teams celebrating like they won a super bowl. Every kid gets a trophy now as we are rewarding teams that best win is against probably bcounty public schools 4th best. Buy a ring for that accomplishment!!!!! Couldn't even imagine what c- conference is like....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ch got beat with same tactic they did a few to everyone a few years ago. McD saw what it did and recruited and got some transfers to win. Nothing wrong with that. MIAA is loaded with older players ( college age freshman), so adding transfers and some boarders is not like , doing anything that would be out of bounds.

I think we should have an A conference that consists of BL, McD & CHC. Those schools can have fun pushing the envelope together. Maybe one day they can get 20 year olds on their teams if its just the three of them...The championships would actually mean something if they competed only against teams that are assembled in a similar way-out of state, non-MIAA local/regional transfers, high percentage of holdbacks, cellar dwellers & dorms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks, boarders and transfers - who really cares? No college coach says oh hey you won an MIAA title so here's a free ride. Life isnt fair. Go play lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched KI vs H-town. Believe KI beat H-town. Wayyyy better then the b conference teams celebrating like they won a super bowl. Every kid gets a trophy now as we are rewarding teams that best win is against probably bcounty public schools 4th best. Buy a ring for that accomplishment!!!!! Couldn't even imagine what c- conference is like....

B conference is incredibly bad this year.

C conference is Baltimore-City Public level lacrosse.

Publics are terrible outside of a four or five 3a-4a teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are public schools that can barely field a varsity team. Some public schools don't even have a JV. I keep hearing grow the game, but I am seeing less and less growth with more rec programs folding year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we should have an A conference that consists of BL, McD & CHC. Those schools can have fun pushing the envelope together. Maybe one day they can get 20 year olds on their teams if its just the three of them...The championships would actually mean something if they competed only against teams that are assembled in a similar way-out of state, non-MIAA local/regional transfers, high percentage of holdbacks, cellar dwellers & dorms.

“would actually mean something” “rings hollow”

LOL. I’ll take “Things a lost would say” for 1000, Alex.

Congrats to McD. I would pay to watch them play Lawrenceville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks, boarders and transfers - who really cares? No college coach says oh hey you won an MIAA title so here's a free ride. Life isnt fair. Go play lacrosse

What does a college coach have to do with how the MIAA administration handles/writes regulations???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does a college coach have to do with how the MIAA administration handles/writes regulations???

If you can’t handle holdbacks in high school, you’re not made for college sports. Your child is going to go into college playing against people who are one, two, three, four, maybe even five years older. If you are that worked up about it now instead of figuring out a way to play against the older, stronger players, you have no chance in college. My kid is not a holdback. There’s nothing I can do about him playing against them. There’s nothing he can do except embrace it and get better for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am an A conference MIAA parent, although not affiliated with either McDonough or Calvert Hall. My question is - how can a Calvert Hall parent or fan complain about what McDonough did this season? Every team has holdbacks and I bet Calvert Hall had just as many as McDonough. The harsh truth is that the Calvert Hall holdbacks may just not have been as good - period. The one McDonough transfer in question was outstanding, but I ask this question - what MIAA school would not have accepted the transfer? He did it according to the rules and choose McDonough (it [Censored] but the rules are the rules). Lastly, Calvert Hall parents and fans forget their 3 year dynasty where 2 of their very best players were brought in from out of state. The past few years they have had transfers from all over the place that have unfortunately had to sit out their senior seasons due to age, playing eligibility, etc... Calvert Hall got beat by McDonough handily but most teams in the league did as well. Boys Latin will continue to augment their already talented squad with transfers. Please stop making excuses and let's get to summer club season.

very well put

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Haus is new HC at LB. Spencer Ford is OC.

First part would be great. Second part a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phipps officially out at Spalding

Assistant taking over as HC
R gone, Phipps gone, Ford gone. New era on New Cut.

Only one of those 3 was mentioned.
Phipps officially out at Spalding

Assistant taking over as HC
R gone, Phipps gone, Ford gone. New era on New Cut.

Only one of those 3 was mentioned.

Cottle and Ford will be gone as well - enter Rage!!!!!!

Who is R?
3 coaches gone sounds like the new coach will be bringing in his guys. Change isnt always bad. Good luck to Phipps.
New Coach is the Assistant Hockel. It was announced last night. Phipps is stepping away pursing a new career path, and most importantly to spend more time with his family. As for Mollot coming on staff… joke and again daddy ball. The guy is a clown.

There have been many dad coaches in the MIAA,

Daddy coach at LB was a joke. One of the many perks provided by outgoing HC that cost his players greatly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Haus is new HC at LB. Spencer Ford is OC.

First part would be great. Second part a disaster.
You got that right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Calvert Hall about to whoop some behind.

very well put[/quot

And you just made the point-"Oh Calvert Hall did it, so we are going to do it". We are going to do whatever it takes...Not a Calvert Hall supporter/parent or alumni here. Yea every school would have taken him, but not every school has a dorm or whatever the situation is to take him in. To keep this thing from getting out of control beyond where it already is, the MIAA should set a standard on out of conference transfers, just like they have one for in conference transfers. I agree with the in conference rule, but along the same lines lets do the same for out of conference. What is the difference in the end?? Go to a prep school up North, they don't care. Don't create anymore imbalance than this league has experienced over the last 5-7 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leagues need to be re-aligned. CHC,BL and McD should create a league with the DC schools like SJC , GT Prep etc and the rest ( Gilman StP Loyola etc) should create a new B conference with the top B Conference teams. All others to a C conference if necessary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oof. This guy just called loyola a B conference lax school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola filled its coaching staff quickly while Spalding is left with Hockell and Rage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA/Nike National Boys' Top 25

2 McDonogh (Md.)
4 Georgetown Prep (Md.)
7 St. John's (D.C.)
13 Calvert Hall (Md.)
14 Boys' Latin (Md.)
16 Loyola-Blakefield (Md.)
19 St. Mary's (Md.)

Also considered (alphabetical order): Broadneck (Md.), Gonzaga (D.C.), Paul VI (Va.), St. Paul's (Md.), Severn (Md.)

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/rankings/high-school/boys/national

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA/Nike National Boys' Top 25

2 McDonogh (Md.)
4 Georgetown Prep (Md.)
7 St. John's (D.C.)
13 Calvert Hall (Md.)
14 Boys' Latin (Md.)
16 Loyola-Blakefield (Md.)
19 St. Mary's (Md.)

Also considered (alphabetical order): Broadneck (Md.), Gonzaga (D.C.), Paul VI (Va.), St. Paul's (Md.), Severn (Md.)

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/rankings/high-school/boys/national
Thank you Grandma

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be in the top tier you will need dorms(BL & McD) or coach's/parents willing to host(CHC). MIAA is letting A conference get ripped apart....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s Gilman and John Carroll?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be in the top tier you will need dorms(BL & McD) or coach's/parents willing to host(CHC). MIAA is letting A conference get ripped apart....

STEP UP or stop whining and STEP OUT

no one will care either way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEP UP or stop whining and STEP OUT

no one will care either way

Simply brilliant observation of a growing problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did Loyola fill its staff with? Has anything been announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over here in reality where it’s common knowledge that, just like life, lacrosse shouldn’t dictate decisions on education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 FCA Blue #19
2025 FCA #9
2026 FCA Blue #70
2026 FCA White #175
2027 FCA #5
2028 FCA White #110
2029 FCA #15

Yeah, that's all true........but the opposite is also true, ....FCA boys can be found at Gilman, SP, Loyola, BL, etc. And if they are ballers, they will still get playing time at FCA. If they are 2nd or 3rd line players, they will be overlooked in favor of getting CHC backups some PT. It's a reality. It's a transaction and the loyalty runs out when tryouts come or the check doesn't clear. Adjust to that.

So, in lieu of your sour grapes, here's a quick espresso shot of club lax reality for your last few years of dealing with coaches and directors:

If you thought that high level HS lacrosse awards points for "hard work pays off," you are incorrect. Your boy and his work ethic will absolutely be cut for a hockey kid who gets off a plane from Latvia, the same day the plane lands, if that kid has a good lefty shot, a big first step, and he rides on clears.

If you thought that loyalty somehow counts in elite lacrosse, you are incorrect.

If you thought the coach you've been riding with for 5 years won't accept a better role at a better school tomorrow, and just disappear, you're incorrect. They are people with jobs and families.

If you thought that a lax coach would never recruit your group of boys, and then the following year recruit a group of boys to replace them, you're incorrect. They are paid to recruit, annually, no matter what.

If you bought the BK /RH storyline that "we'll have the FCA boys ready to start varsity at CHC in 9th grade, 10th max!" you are incorrect. That applies to literally 1-2 total kids per year at FR level, maybe 12 as sophomores.

Yeah, I know, BK told you that 11th grade is "too late" to jump to varsity and potentially play in college (whatever that means). That is also incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over here in reality where it’s common knowledge that, just like life, lacrosse shouldn’t dictate decisions on education.

Oh boy. That comment is like a [Censored] bag splitting open in front of a bunch of raccoons.

Our family rides heavy on lax. But at the end of the day, only the top 150 or so athletes per grad year, nationally, will get rostered at a playoff-worthy D1 lax program. And only 50 of those kids will get significant college playing time, and there's so many variables that you'd better give up on engineering that....immediately.

If your son gets rostered at Duke, yes, your friends and family might care. But if he plays at a below-top 15 D1 school, you'll get the same nod at the country club that you'll get if he plays a no name D3 Massachusetts school. Take a deep breath.

With only a few exceptions, when I interact with students, athletes, or alumni of MIAA programs from A-C lax conferences, I'm impressed with their maturity and character. It's a good education, and that brotherhood and networking will last longer for your son, than the D1 lax bragging will last for you as his dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy. That comment is like a [Censored] bag splitting open in front of a bunch of raccoons.

Our family rides heavy on lax. But at the end of the day, only the top 150 or so athletes per grad year, nationally, will get rostered at a playoff-worthy D1 lax program. And only 50 of those kids will get significant college playing time, and there's so many variables that you'd better give up on engineering that....immediately.

If your son gets rostered at Duke, yes, your friends and family might care. But if he plays at a below-top 15 D1 school, you'll get the same nod at the country club that you'll get if he plays a no name D3 Massachusetts school. Take a deep breath.

With only a few exceptions, when I interact with students, athletes, or alumni of MIAA programs from A-C lax conferences, I'm impressed with their maturity and character. It's a good education, and that brotherhood and networking will last longer for your son, than the D1 lax bragging will last for you as his dad.

There are about 5--10 GREAT players in the conference on any given year that big lacrosse fans will remember and notice at the college level.

After that, everyone is pretty much the same-

"Oh, he played for -INSERT HS NAME-?"
"Oh, He is playing for INSERT D1 -> MCLA COLLEGE NAME-?"
"Oh, good for him!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in the area they grew up in. If they make it for two years. Probably barely enough to count on one hand. Especially top 15 team in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in the area they grew up in. If they make it for two years. Probably barely enough to count on one hand. Especially top 15 team in college

Who cares!! Are they getting an education and having fun? Parents are pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does LB announce the hire?

Like Reply Quote
Page 274 of 313 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 312 313