BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

So a coach is contacted and asked to submit the names of the top players on the team? I find this hard to believe.

Why is that hard to believe? How else would they get the names- Unless a coach submits it.

There is no official roster out there for any of these teams. There is also no official stats for any of the players listed. So the only way for LIJL to get the names is by coaches recommendation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seems like a joke and money grab. Only certain players from certain clubs getting invite. For example a bunch of players from one club got invite and they didn’t even qualify for WS!!

My older guy did it and it’s a complete money grab. Some good players and some not so good players. You pay for the games and the uniform. You are right that some clubs are completely left off the list. I know on the girls side they don’t invite any top guns players. Everyone who did it last year just got an automatic invite for this year. LILJ has tapped into a market for Instagram stars. It’s so every parent can share on Instagram their kid was selected. It’s a joke

How much does it cost to play in the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know if the boys side is the same. But the girls are selected from those that attended their camps clinics and games. If you don’t attend any of them you can’t get selected which is why you see a lot of top players not on the list-they didn’t pay to attend their programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa won A bracket and Three Village the B Bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only saw top bracket and it was a good fun day of lax. Some competitive games for us. Sad to see Ward Melville play down in B bracket w other less competitive town teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lax played in top bracket. Ward Melville and Smithtown should be embarrassed playing in lower one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lax played in top bracket. Ward Melville and Smithtown should be embarrassed playing in lower one.

Smithtown has a 7/8 grade team not just 8th. Should have won but refs made a huge impact in final game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown has a 7/8 grade team not just 8th. Should have won but refs made a huge impact in final game.

Spoken like a true smithtown parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Spring Jam predictions???
Any potential upsets??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

So a coach is contacted and asked to submit the names of the top players on the team? I find this hard to believe.

Why is that hard to believe? How else would they get the names- Unless a coach submits it.

There is no official roster out there for any of these teams. There is also no official stats for any of the players listed. So the only way for LIJL to get the names is by coaches recommendation.

Remember it’s who your dad knows and who’s buttocks you kiss

We all know who knows who and how they are connected. It’s comical at this point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any potential upsets??

The red division looks like some good matchups, but the blue division is going to be easy for Igloo Frost to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember it’s who your dad knows and who’s buttocks you kiss

We all know who knows who and how they are connected. It’s comical at this point.
If your so mad why don’t you complain on IG post of the 2028 and reveal yourself or stop complaining

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any potential upsets??

The red division looks like some good matchups, but the blue division is going to be easy for Igloo Frost to win.

Agreed. Surge in the Blue division would have made sense. Where is S2S?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Surge play in the Blue when they can compete and beat all the teams in the Red other than Express ? Maybe your “A” team is worried they would lose to 91s second team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Surge play in the Blue when they can compete and beat all the teams in the Red other than Express ? Maybe your “A” team is worried they would lose to 91s second team ?

Like they did at the World Series?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any potential upsets??

Agreed. Surge in the Blue division would have made sense. Where is S2S?

Surge would also dominate the blue division then. Just a big jump from Surge/Frost to some of the other blue teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge can compete with all the Blue teams except Express - lost by a couple of goals to Igloo, Shore. Have tied and lost to Rebels Hydra. Beat and lost to BTB Black. I would say that is competing. Why play teams you can beat 15-2 ? You get better playing better teams. But thanks for your input where teams should play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge can compete with all the Blue teams except Express - lost by a couple of goals to Igloo, Shore. Have tied and lost to Rebels Hydra. Beat and lost to BTB Black. I would say that is competing. Why play teams you can beat 15-2 ? You get better playing better teams. But thanks for your input where teams should play.

Agreed that teams get better playing better teams, but some don't see it that way. Frost will win the blue division, but not by playing better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to stay classy East Islip and Smithtown! Both teams thrown out of a charity tournament. Embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to stay classy East Islip and Smithtown! Both teams thrown out of a charity tournament. Embarrassing.

Anyone know what this is about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 EI and 2027/28 Smithtown game got cancelled due to a fight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 EI and 2027/28 Smithtown game got cancelled due to a fight

Shocker w that coach. Guy has been a problem since 1st grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any truth to benches clearing? Parents and coaches on field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a pretty wild scene, there's gotta be a video of it on the interwebs.
Kids and parents straight brawling at a tournament honoring a little kid that passed away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Action yesterday at Blantant! Express way above those teams, but I guess when you have a large roster it’s an opportunity to get all players in the game.
Rest of the teams in the AA bracket all equally strength. Nice to see a lot of 1-2 goal games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any truth to benches clearing? Parents and coaches on field?

Just kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the Spring challenge schedule keeps changing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 860 bailed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the fields at LIU Post- Spring Challenge right now?

Like Reply Quote
BiggLax Online Content OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
They weren’t bad, but they canceled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BiggLax
They weren’t bad, but they canceled

They rescheduling or just cxling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update eon the PAL championships? Not sure who made it in Nassau but in Suffolk it came down to Three Village, Farmingdale, Harborfields and Smithtown. Three village is the best of the group in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update eon the PAL championships? Not sure who made it in Nassau but in Suffolk it came down to Three Village, Farmingdale, Harborfields and Smithtown. Three village is the best of the group in my opinion.

We lost to 3 Village and then beat Smithtown in the 3rd place game. Good day of lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do some towns have 7/8 grade PAL and most do not? What are the benefits? Our town does not bc all kids are playing club and middle school. I would think 3 teams would be tough to juggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do some towns have 7/8 grade PAL and most do not? What are the benefits? Our town does not bc all kids are playing club and middle school. I would think 3 teams would be tough to juggle.

The towns that continue with pal 7/8 seem to be better for it. Others are too “I” to care about developing “TEAM”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The towns that continue with pal 7/8 seem to be better for it. Others are too “I” to care about developing “TEAM”
What teams are playing NAL June 9-10 in DE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Maryland Board…

“ It will be especially difficult because the 28 age group is still loaded with 27s who are exempt from the rule change. So the 29 holdback who returns to 28 will be competing with a bunch of kids 2 years older than they are used to.”

In case you needed more proof Maryland teams have older kids and our kids never get to play on a level playing field.Even with the NLF going to age verification our age group is left out. The current 8th graders haven’t finished school. Easily could have implemented the age verification in the 2028 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Maryland Board…

“ It will be especially difficult because the 28 age group is still loaded with 27s who are exempt from the rule change. So the 29 holdback who returns to 28 will be competing with a bunch of kids 2 years older than they are used to.”

In case you needed more proof Maryland teams have older kids and our kids never get to play on a level playing field.Even with the NLF going to age verification our age group is left out. The current 8th graders haven’t finished school. Easily could have implemented the age verification in the 2028 class.

Not sure where you a from but I'm from Southeastern PA and there are plenty of hold backs here.... look for the club kids with the private school helmets. PA parents whine about it when they lose but there are plenty on most of the competitive teams up here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Lacrosse LI?? Any thoughts or info?

Yeah. Reclass your kid and join up. That’s their national model.

True blue or true national?

True National is coming to LI for next year.

Big changes coming to LI Club Lacrosse. A new way of doing business that has a proven record of player development, professionalism and a real family atmosphere.

Shows old rebels coach as a director. Nothing new and exciting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams didn’t do so good at the NLF.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard