BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 59 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wonder if madlax can get it down against fca or make it 3 loses in a row.

Who cares, they are 11(Or should be) They are great athletes beat down to play scared by overzealous coaches. It’s not the fastest game on 2 feet anymore. All the elite “elite” matchups are dragged out to 4 min offensive stall ball until kids (coaches) turn it over. Your kids are better off playing rec, lower level hoco, and developing, then just getting ground balls and passing to coaches kids. That’s why there is 60 kids on high school rosters, 15 play!
For the life of me, I cannot understand why we continue to pay Club lax $ to an org that allows daddy coaches. The few daddy coaches that “get it” are the ones who are harder on their own kid, which simply isn’t the case at Madlax 2029, 2028, and 2027. And it will/is destroying these teams.

That will not be able to happen next year with all elite teams on both 28 and 29 going to an 80 second shot clock I know that does not help this year but it will certainly make games more watchable. As for daddy ball I don’t have an answer for that

I don't know much about 2029, but the Daddy ball issue for MadLax 2027 is terrible. It changed the entire culture of the team, and not for the better. It created a twilight zone scenario where weak players are allowed to bully the good players with impunity. on the ML 2028 team, there are so many complaints about the coach, that Daddy ball is probably a secondary concern.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions for 5/14/23

Elite
Madlax vs True Chesapeake (Sat) (Madlax 8 True 6)
Madlax vs Team 91 (Madlax 15 Team 91 3)
Next Level vs LTLC (NL 7 LTLC 6)
FCA vs VLC (FCA 12 VLC 5)
Hawks vs True Chesapeake (Hawks 9 True 5)

AAA
Team $ vs Hawks (Black) (Hawks 12 Team $ 4)
KP Grey vs Team MD (KP 8 Team MD 7)
True Baltimore Black vs Carroll Manor (True Balt 7 Carroll Manor 6)
Preds vs HoCo (Preds 9 HoCo 6)

AA
Madlax DMV vs True Baltimore Green (True Balt 7 Madlax 5)
VLC vs Swarm (Swarm 10 VLC 4)
True VA vs BLC Blue (BLC 12 True VA 7)
NDLL vs Cannons (Cannons 13 NDLL 10)

A
Sidewinders vs Kelly Post (Sidewinders 6 KP 4)
Zingos vs ALC (ALC 10 Zingos 5)
Impact vs Blue Claws (Impact 8 Blue Claws 7)
Hippos vs HLC (Hippos 8 HLC 6)
Ville vs BLC Orange (Ville 15 BLC 2)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is gonna have a hard weekend. Playing two outstanding teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True could be in first place by the end of the weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let be honest. True is going to have to bring people in to beat these teams this weekend. PERIOD! Enjoy it while it lasts True, going from 3rd to sitting at home for the finals weekend

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they are bringing people in. As long as they are on roster it’s fair game right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is in the playoffs, period. Even if they lose both games this weekend, they have the tie breaker vs. LTLC as they beat them head to head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is in the playoffs, period. Even if they lose both games this weekend, they have the tie breaker vs. LTLC as they beat them head to head.

Correct True is in the playoffs the only thing remaining to be determined is seeds and if Madlax or LTLC is in the playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you think True would need to bring more kids in to win? True beat FCA by a bunch of goals. FCA lost to Madlax and Hawks by only 1 goal. Could definitely see True beating one or both of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True daddy’s are chirpin’! Classic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did True win this morning?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did True win this morning?
No True got destroyed by Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let 'em chirp. True Annapolis has been rigged to prove to the world (somehow) that True's model works in an ecosystem of higher lax IQ parents with multiple club options for their kids. And True Annapolis' teams across the middle school age brackets aren't horrible.

But they're also not great, and it's short lived anyway. Notice how True Ches has good performing elite teams at 2029 and 2030 (and I assume 2031), but are awful at 2028 and 2027. And the lower-bracket True Ches B-teams get beat up at A and AA too. Talent, acquired from the Cutters 2025-2029, has slowly drifted away and not been replaced.

And if you take a wider look, there's only a few middle school age True teams in the Hoco playoffs at all. I believe True Balt 2028 (AA) and True Ches 2029. And I think a lone True VA team playing at A? at some age? For a corporate club dumping 12+ teams into a single league and only seeing 3-4 even make it to the playoffs, what's going on there?

Zero league championships that I'm aware of (not counting the ones purchased from Kelly Post 2028) and True is banking about $1.5M per year on MD and VA kids alone. That's a lot of money for not winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True only scored 2 goals all weekend? What happened to that team?

Looks like there were no close games in elite this weekend. Seems like big drop off after top 3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score?

15-1….hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let 'em chirp. True Annapolis has been rigged to prove to the world (somehow) that True's model works in an ecosystem of higher lax IQ parents with multiple club options for their kids. And True Annapolis' teams across the middle school age brackets aren't horrible.

But they're also not great, and it's short lived anyway. Notice how True Ches has good performing elite teams at 2029 and 2030 (and I assume 2031), but are awful at 2028 and 2027. And the lower-bracket True Ches B-teams get beat up at A and AA too. Talent, acquired from the Cutters 2025-2029, has slowly drifted away and not been replaced.

And if you take a wider look, there's only a few middle school age True teams in the Hoco playoffs at all. I believe True Balt 2028 (AA) and True Ches 2029. And I think a lone True VA team playing at A? at some age? For a corporate club dumping 12+ teams into a single league and only seeing 3-4 even make it to the playoffs, what's going on there?

Zero league championships that I'm aware of (not counting the ones purchased from Kelly Post 2028) and True is banking about $1.5M per year on MD and VA kids alone. That's a lot of money for not winning.

What? Playoffs for True Bmore 2028? They went 0-7 in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Playoffs begin this weekend who ya got? One pick per division

Elite: Hawks
AAA: Preds
AA: BLC Blue
A: HLC

I know I went out on a limb for some of them. Let me know your picks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting set up for the elite finals. ML vs Hawks in the semi final. Next Level vs, True in the other semi. I see a hawks next level final with Hawks winning. True really feel off towards the end with close games and a final blowout. The season was a good one with no shear dominance other than hawks and even then the gap seems to be getting a little closer with the other teams. Some teams showed that then can play at times and struggle at others, Inconsistency really caused teams (ltlc,fca, and even ML) to have a difficult games.This seemed all around except for the bottom 2 teams. Consistency was the key. Enjoyed many of the upsets this season. The boys played hard all around and showed why this elite division is the best in the country. Got chance to see and meet Lax parent's true colors both good and bad. Excited for what's to come during tournament season.
#notahawksparent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? Playoffs for True Bmore 2028? They went 0-7 in AA.

Typo, my bad. And actually my analysis ("True talent skews younger") was off too. If this info has any value, it shows that 2029 is an unusually talented crop of players for True. The older teams and younger teams both seem to not hold that talent/coaching/roster depth.

Based on the season's results so far I'd expect the only 2 teams to win their divisions are 2029 Balt (AAA) in a close win over Predators and 2030 True Chesapeake. Out of 20? teams fielded in 18? divisions.

True teams in playoffs this weekend:

2027 True VA (AA)
2027 True DC (B)

2028 True Ches (Elite)
2028 True VA (A)

Now for 2029:
2029 True Ches (Elite)
2029 True Balt (AAA - #1 seed)
2029 True Balt (AA)

And 2030 and beyond:
2030 True Ches (Elite, #2 seed)
2030 True Balt (A)
2030 True VA (A)
2031 True Annapolis (A)

2032 No True teams in playoffs

2033 No True teams in playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that True had a injury to one of their top players that contributed to the lopsided scores this weekend. Not that they would have won either, but made a difference in the big time defeats.

Elite Predictions (Hawks over Madlax / NL over True).......Hawks over NL in the Championship game to get revenge on the earlier loss.

Top 10 2029 - HOCO Analysis

1. HAWKS - Solid team all around. Top 4 in the country. Super disciplined and talented across the board. CHAMPS for a reason!

2. NEXT LEVEL - Great season for them and loaded with talent. Have a feeling they will improve their roster as well with a couple VLC or MADLAX guys coming over. Look out! Top 4 in the country as well.

3. MADLAX - Up and down season. I think they lost focus for a bit, but we will see if they are redialed in. Once looked unbeatable, but definitely have holes to fill. Still a Top 5 team in the country.

4. TRUE - I'll put True here because they earned it, but realistically see them as 6 or 7. Will be interesting to see if they can attract some new talent or might lose some guys to HAWKS / ProStart. Or will they fly in some True National players to help?

5. FCA - Good first season in Elite, with 3 1-goal losses to the top 3 teams. Top 2029 team in Baltimore County, but can they improve any of their weaknesses?

6. LTLC - Highlight win of the year with the victory over MADLAX. They have a great coach and have created a great bond amongst these families. Rumors swirling on them moving over to Crabs next year?? Will that create a divide and will they be able to attract any new talent?

7. VLC - Tough season with a major injury to one of their top offensive players. He's back now and you see what a difference he makes in all areas on the field. Will they be able to attract new talent and keep everyone??

8. TRUE BALTIMORE - Great season at AAA. Will surely push to enter Elite next year. Will be interesting to see how they compete at the next level, but hats off on a great year.

9. PREDATORS - Also a great season at AAA. Excited to see a rematch vs. True Baltimore in the Championship. Preds 2029's continue to improve and get better. Look out for this team.

10. 91 MD - Another winless season for 91 MD. They need help in all areas, however I think another mass exodus is coming with the roster. Hard to be happy with the season they had. Maybe MM needs to bump down and help out the youth teams.

Excited to move on to the summer and should be a interesting field next year in 2024.

Elite division will embrace the SHOT CLOCK, but realistically which of these 10 teams does not get in?

LOCKS: Hawks, Next Level, Madlax, True, FCA, and LTLC

POTENTIAL PLAY IN PLAYOFF: VLC, TRUE BALTIMORE, PREDS, and 91 MD??? My guess is VLC and TRUE BALTIMORE get the last 2 spots. Will Millon allow that though (LOL)???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No playoffs for FCA....didn't add enough holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a player on true that was not there on Saturday that played in NY for a different team that day…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did they add. 3 or 4?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny stuff. A one year holdback such as a double pre-k/k is justified, or even in fifth grade for an early birthday for academic reasons is justifiable. Having a double holdback to play and make your team better(?) is ridiculous. By the time this said player reaches high school they will be 15 starting the school year and 16 at the end of their freshman year possibly. I don't want to blame teams for doing it even though it might be unchristian like. The real blame is on the parent(s).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play up if you want to get an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a player on true that was not there on Saturday that played in NY for a different team that day…..

Tournaments should stop letting that team enter. Put a stop to their nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who keeps claiming FCA is holdback central must be a surly Dad who's son didn't make the cut last summer. FCA has no more than 1-2 kids who are holdbacks. Frankly, that's probably well below average for teams in the Elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That player plays for Nationals LC but is a full time player for True Chesapeake. There should be no issue if the player chooses to play for their national team instead of their local club if the local club coach and team are fine with that arrangement. It's not cheating. It's not flying in a ringer to augment a team for a weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny stuff. A one year holdback such as a double pre-k/k is justified, or even in fifth grade for an early birthday for academic reasons is justifiable. Having a double holdback to play and make your team better(?) is ridiculous. By the time this said player reaches high school they will be 15 starting the school year and 16 at the end of their freshman year possibly. I don't want to blame teams for doing it even though it might be unchristian like. The real blame is on the parent(s).

Starting Freshman year at 15 is a single holdback. In fact you can be a non holdback starting HS at 15 if your birthday is the first week of September. Some schools don't start till after Labor Day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold backs aren't really the problem. Double holdbacks are. Anyways my kids plays up a year and is doing just fine. Has also been invited up to guest play 2 years up. In the end who is being more challenged? You can answer that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That player plays for Nationals LC but is a full time player for True Chesapeake. There should be no issue if the player chooses to play for their national team instead of their local club if the local club coach and team are fine with that arrangement. It's not cheating. It's not flying in a ringer to augment a team for a weekend.

The “kid” I’m question didn’t play for true either day he played for nationals Saturday and appeared to have gotten hurt and didn’t play Sunday. He’s a regular player on the true Chesapeake team and from maryland.

True didn’t fly anyone in, and if they had, I’m sure that would have been the last time…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about True flying in or taking on national players on the team to try and save whatever team they have and be competitive. Clearly this weekend showed even with fly in players True needs a lot of work. The parents with kids on True that have their spots taken by fly in players or players not committed to the team should be the ones with the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The true kid got hurt last Sunday and did not play in the true
Madlax game or the Sunday game. Hope he gets better soon. He’s a great player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about True flying in or taking on national players on the team to try and save whatever team they have and be competitive. Clearly this weekend showed even with fly in players True needs a lot of work. The parents with kids on True that have their spots taken by fly in players or players not committed to the team should be the ones with the problem.

Gonna repeat it. True 2029 did not and has not brought any players in all year. 28 has been egregious with it and I hear some of the older teams maybe. But 2028 is the only team I personally know for a fact. Literally 5-10 platers at times. Mostly kids from Illinois/Minnesota.

Sadly the 2028 local parents are pretending not to care Becuase they made the playoffs and are puffing their chests. Summer is gonna be a smack in the face for them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why go to NY to play in a c/b level tournament, when your hometown team is playing the top 2 Teams in the country? By teams, I mean players you play with all year gearing up to play these top teams. Not a recruit/patch/load up a 30 man roster and play in mostly weak tournaments running up the score with double holdbacks.
Great players/teammates would never do it. Teammates and friends and been abandoned a couple times. Parents and kids are disturbed by it, coaches should be ashamed if they allow it. Unless it’s a recruiting strategy for the fly ins for next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Elite best for Hoco reg season.
Goalie=Hawks; Defense=ML; Midfield=Hawks; Attack=FCA; FO=Hawks
Playoffs. NL(-4). Vs True, Hawks(-1). Vs. ML

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why go to NY to play in a c/b level tournament, when your hometown team is playing the top 2 Teams in the country? By teams, I mean players you play with all year gearing up to play these top teams. Not a recruit/patch/load up a 30 man roster and play in mostly weak tournaments running up the score with double holdbacks.
Great players/teammates would never do it. Teammates and friends and been abandoned a couple times. Parents and kids are disturbed by it, coaches should be ashamed if they allow it. Unless it’s a recruiting strategy for the fly ins for next year!

The LI tournament that they played in was an AA tournament and featured 4 top 10 ranked teams. The games this weekend had no bearing on whether True made the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of unnecessary analysis about a 6th grader and his decisions. Maybe time best spent doing something productive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

The LI tournament that they played in was an AA tournament and featured 4 top 10 ranked teams. The games this weekend had no bearing on whether True made the playoffs.

3 top 10 teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 59 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard