BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard True was close to buying an existing LI Club program last year but it fell apart. That's all LI needs is another club program.

Check in with Baltimore and DC area parents and see what they think. They’ve been doing that down there for years and from what I hear there are some tales to tell. Cautionary tales but tales just the same. 😂

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are 860 Lacrosse (All 2Way AA Players), Igloo Northmen and Surge in a B tournament with Legacy Dune Dawgs and GSB? You want to brag on social media about winning a tournament. 3 teams that participated in the WS Qualifiers should not be in a B tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are 860 Lacrosse (All 2Way AA Players), Igloo Northmen and Surge in a B tournament with Legacy Dune Dawgs and GSB? You want to brag on social media about winning a tournament. 3 teams that participated in the WS Qualifiers should not be in a B tournament.
Curious about this too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge/Rage/Power etc are all high level B teams. Hence why they’re in this tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge has dropped out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Hi Karen’s, what tournament are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t see Surge listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo northmen and surge are B teams
(Sorry igloo frost is a c team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is a B team. Where would you like them to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
860 Lacrosse is a AA Team
Surge and Northmen are A Teams
Dune Dawgs, Frost and GSB are B Teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 Dad
Just an FYI

AA = A
A = B
B = C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

By that logic, igloo frost shouldn’t have went to the qualifier. Also, team 860 is out of Hartford CT, the 2way kids on their roster play for 2way north not the 2way from Greenwich. It’s basically the equivalent to Express east end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

By that logic, igloo frost shouldn’t have went to the qualifier. Also, team 860 is out of Hartford CT, the 2way kids on their roster play for 2way north not the 2way from Greenwich. It’s basically the equivalent to Express east end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Northmen should have joined the 2027 bracket if they wanted to play in that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morning-have to say i enjoy reading all these comments. Learning quite a bit about the travel lacrosse world.

Looking for some info-i always hear about 91, Express, Legacy in Suffolk. Have rarely seen 91 play, but I'm aware they're impressive. Is there any part of their team (poles, middles, attack) that is NOT great? Is it the coaching that separates them? Is there any one position that isn't as good as the other?

What about Express? My son has played them several times-I notice a huge number of players, some really skilled. A very good defense. Coaches seem a little nutty.

Legacy seems to have dropped off a bit. Any particular reason why? I know they have some amazing teams in the program and some not so great. Just wondering what the difference is between these 3 and why there is such a gap between 91 and everyone else.
Appreciate everyone's input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morning-have to say i enjoy reading all these comments. Learning quite a bit about the travel lacrosse world.

Looking for some info-i always hear about 91, Express, Legacy in Suffolk. Have rarely seen 91 play, but I'm aware they're impressive. Is there any part of their team (poles, middles, attack) that is NOT great? Is it the coaching that separates them? Is there any one position that isn't as good as the other?

What about Express? My son has played them several times-I notice a huge number of players, some really skilled. A very good defense. Coaches seem a little nutty.

Legacy seems to have dropped off a bit. Any particular reason why? I know they have some amazing teams in the program and some not so great. Just wondering what the difference is between these 3 and why there is such a gap between 91 and everyone else.
Appreciate everyone's input.

Easy to understand concept.

91 has the most depth and more top tier players.
Express has the second most depth and slightly fewer top tier players
Legacy has the third most depth and slightly fewer top tier players.

All three teams have talent and good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do these teams typically retain players year after year? I look at programs in HS, College and pros that have success. Coaches are constant fixtures, the kids don't leave to go to other programs. Do most of these 91 kids typically come up through the program? I know each year you can grab a couple here or there, but for the most part, are these successful programs because kids have been with them since the early grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do these teams typically retain players year after year? I look at programs in HS, College and pros that have success. Coaches are constant fixtures, the kids don't leave to go to other programs. Do most of these 91 kids typically come up through the program? I know each year you can grab a couple here or there, but for the most part, are these successful programs because kids have been with them since the early grades?

Simple answer is most kids that start at 91/Express try to stay. Each team gets players from other clubs each year. 91 has higher concentration of Dad coaches. Express has many parochial school coaches. Most of the top talent eventually does try to make it to these 2 teams and depending on the age group they flip flop between who is #1 and #2 on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominating performance by the Igloo Northmen in the Spring Lax Jam. Great job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
860 80% Glastonbury CT boys have played together and been coach by same parents In the town program since they where 4 years old. Some boys played for different club teams found there fit. 860 looked to where the best lax spring season is and Long Island was the place to play. Too much politics and opinions let the boys play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? They barely beat Legacy Dune Dawgs. Igloo was outplayed the whole game and that is with them being man up most of it. I expected a lot more from a team that was expecting to qualify for the WS and also considers themselves "AA". What a pathetic post. Congrats on winning a "C" tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Frost GSB game was fun to watch, both teams played physical lacrosse in fool rain. Frost came away with the 1 goal W in a hard fought battle. People always talking AA this B that, really It's just fun to watch our kid's teams with comparable skill and determination duke it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Frost GSB game was fun to watch, both teams played physical lacrosse in fool rain. Frost came away with the 1 goal W in a hard fought battle. People always talking AA this B that, really It's just fun to watch our kid's teams with comparable skill and determination duke it out.

This.
Don’t let the trolls on here interfere with you enjoying watching your son play lacrosse no matter what level or team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? They barely beat Legacy Dune Dawgs. Igloo was outplayed the whole game and that is with them being man up most of it. I expected a lot more from a team that was expecting to qualify for the WS and also considers themselves "AA". What a pathetic post. Congrats on winning a "C" tournament.

Do you realize how demeaning this is to the kids and parents from the teams participating in this tournament?
You are pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
appreciate the insight. at what age/grade would you say is the latest to move teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any age - There are plenty of teams with small rosters that do the right thing by kids and parents. For example a few kids left my sons team last year for “Bigger/Better” programs. Some of those kids start and play while some don’t see the field on their new team.

Biggest thing to avoid at this age are “Daddy” coaches. They will always be bias towards the kids from their town and their own kids. 99% of them never even coached a varsity/JV/ or middle school game. Let alone haven’t played in 25+years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the radius rule in Colorado. Yes, the Kings 2027 team is legit and local. After playing against them in spring an summer they are all great athletes with great sportsmanship as well. They are the true "club" team to make the WS and be competitive.

Then their 2028 WS team took kids from all of Denver, north and south 50 miles, etc. They gained kids from at least three different national clubs to qualify. 50 miles in Colorado opens up the entire metro area and pulls from nearly 4 million of population to make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Long Island games picked by Directors/Coaches or do parents submit applications with videos? Some players that are listed and not listed are shocking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seems like a joke and money grab. Only certain players from certain clubs getting invite. For example a bunch of players from one club got invite and they didn’t even qualify for WS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seems like a joke and money grab. Only certain players from certain clubs getting invite. For example a bunch of players from one club got invite and they didn’t even qualify for WS!!
There are "B" players on the list. Its a list of kids the FLG guys know or heard of. It's not a true list of the best players at this age group. They don't even have boys teams at that age. They are great for the girls game. Not the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are "B" players on the list. Its a list of kids the FLG guys know or heard of. It's not a true list of the best players at this age group. They don't even have boys teams at that age. They are great for the girls game. Not the boys.
Legacy parents are hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.
As a parent of a 2028 that plays on a good team, I know my son is not on the list nor should he be! But, there are some kids on this list that he saw (B Team players) that he knows he is better than. Hopefully it drives kids to work harder and parents don't get too high and mighty about their little Jimmy making a list of players selected by a group of people who do not follow boys, youth lacrosse. LILJ is awesome at the high school level and promoting JV/Varsity athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.
As a parent of a 2028 that plays on a good team, I know my son is not on the list nor should he be! But, there are some kids on this list that he saw (B Team players) that he knows he is better than. Hopefully it drives kids to work harder and parents don't get too high and mighty about their little Jimmy making a list of players selected by a group of people who do not follow boys, youth lacrosse. LILJ is awesome at the high school level and promoting JV/Varsity athletes.

Top 2028 goalie left off. Utterly Ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.

Top 2028 goalie left off. Utterly Ridiculous.

Yup - Wave 1 has the starting attack from a team which scored 16 total goals in 5 games and didn't make the WS.
Complete Joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My older guy did it and it’s a complete money grab. Some good players and some not so good players. You pay for the games and the uniform. You are right that some clubs are completely left off the list. I know on the girls side they don’t invite any top guns players. Everyone who did it last year just got an automatic invite for this year. LILJ has tapped into a market for Instagram stars. It’s so every parent can share on Instagram their kid was selected. It’s a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

So a coach is contacted and asked to submit the names of the top players on the team? I find this hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard