BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 79 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nxt spring league championship tournament coming up very fast. Zingos or jersey express beat daddy ball TEN and make them regret for ducking the Hots and Mesa in the regular season again. Do the Hots beat Mesa after the Mesa loss to a rising Nxt that is ready to take on the Prep.draft kings has the Hots as the champ favorite in a league of parity. Go.

TEN can only play who they put on the schedule for them. Nxt played mesa during spring break so can't really deduce anything from that one. Love that Red Hots and Cherries are in the Winner's Bracket. NXT Spring League is on par with HoCo Baby!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nxt spring league championship tournament coming up very fast. Zingos or jersey express beat daddy ball TEN and make them regret for ducking the Hots and Mesa in the regular season again. Do the Hots beat Mesa after the Mesa loss to a rising Nxt that is ready to take on the Prep.draft kings has the Hots as the champ favorite in a league of parity. Go.
It is going to be exciting - especially with the little bar set up the Proving Grounds has .... what an awesome idea
NXT is resting for their Malvern game
But seriously Ten v reds for the chip and Red Hot for the win

Hots get the Chip’ for sure, they’ve already mailed out plane tickets to all 73 kids on the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think boys go to Malvern because of the strong academics and Catholic faith-based tutelage?
Open your eyes, spanky

Good to see Malvern is still living rent free in your head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think boys go to Malvern because of the strong academics and Catholic faith-based tutelage?
Open your eyes, spanky

Good to see Malvern is still living rent free in your head.
NXT is living rent free in Malvern’s head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one, nerd

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might try spending time in there own heads with all the losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not say "laughable". You could easily make the argument that Rustin has the most potent attack line in the Chesmont, and they do have their own "all state" player at midfield and a very good goalie. I agree that Deast is the better team, but Rustin is not far behind and Rustin has about half the student population that Deast pulls from.

That kid from Wissahickon is incredible. Radnor is still the top team then Deast, Dwest, maybe Spring Ford and Springfield but Wissahickon is stepping up to that second tier.

Downingtown east has 40 players on their team both JV and Varsity. Don’t bring up the school population game to make Rustin look better.

uote=Anonymous]Downingtown has 866 boys who attend the school according to the PIAA while Rustin has 466. So you are telling me that having another 400 boys who can potentially play lacrosse is not an advantage when you are putting together your 40 man roster?

The point is yes they have 400 more boys, but none of them play lacrosse so it doesn’t matter. Those extra 400 boys does nothing for them since they barely have anyone even playing lacrosse at east. East struggles to field a JV team, begging kids to play the sport practically. When Rustin on the other hand yes has less boys at their disposal hypothetically, but has a bigger team. Maybe east should start complaining that they have a 40 person team vs radnors 70 person team and that it’s not fair. Think about it logically, East has zero advantage over Rustin because of population don’t try and play that game.[/quote]

the issue is the make up of the kids....due to STEM DEast has a large base of kids that have zero desire to play any American sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not say "laughable". You could easily make the argument that Rustin has the most potent attack line in the Chesmont, and they do have their own "all state" player at midfield and a very good goalie. I agree that Deast is the better team, but Rustin is not far behind and Rustin has about half the student population that Deast pulls from.

That kid from Wissahickon is incredible. Radnor is still the top team then Deast, Dwest, maybe Spring Ford and Springfield but Wissahickon is stepping up to that second tier.

Downingtown east has 40 players on their team both JV and Varsity. Don’t bring up the school population game to make Rustin look better.

uote=Anonymous]Downingtown has 866 boys who attend the school according to the PIAA while Rustin has 466. So you are telling me that having another 400 boys who can potentially play lacrosse is not an advantage when you are putting together your 40 man roster?

The point is yes they have 400 more boys, but none of them play lacrosse so it doesn’t matter. Those extra 400 boys does nothing for them since they barely have anyone even playing lacrosse at east. East struggles to field a JV team, begging kids to play the sport practically. When Rustin on the other hand yes has less boys at their disposal hypothetically, but has a bigger team. Maybe east should start complaining that they have a 40 person team vs radnors 70 person team and that it’s not fair. Think about it logically, East has zero advantage over Rustin because of population don’t try and play that game.

the issue is the make up of the kids....due to STEM DEast has a large base of kids that have zero desire to play any American sports[/quote]

Go on.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is TEN daddy ball? I didn’t think they had dad coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team TEN 27 undefeated, beat every wiener club you mentioned. Daddy Coach doing something right

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is TEN daddy ball? I didn’t think they had dad coaches?

No dog in this fight, but I hear there are some serious politics when it comes to playing time on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is yes they have 400 more boys, but none of them play lacrosse so it doesn’t matter. Those extra 400 boys does nothing for them since they barely have anyone even playing lacrosse at east. East struggles to field a JV team, begging kids to play the sport practically. When Rustin on the other hand yes has less boys at their disposal hypothetically, but has a bigger team. Maybe east should start complaining that they have a 40 person team vs radnors 70 person team and that it’s not fair. Think about it logically, East has zero advantage over Rustin because of population don’t try and play that game.

the issue is the make up of the kids....due to STEM DEast has a large base of kids that have zero desire to play any American sports

Go on.......[/quote]

Hold on....Downingtown East and West have successful feeder programs at the rec level and very good middle school teams. Don't act like they can't get kids. They have a clear advantage over the smaller schools like Rustin, Henderson, WC East, and Shanahan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go on.......

Hold on....Downingtown East and West have successful feeder programs at the rec level and very good middle school teams. Don't act like they can't get kids. They have a clear advantage over the smaller schools like Rustin, Henderson, WC East, and Shanahan.[/quote]

West had 80 plus try out
East has 1/2 that number…
Tennis and cricket #’s are thru the roof at East

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go on.......

Hold on....Downingtown East and West have successful feeder programs at the rec level and very good middle school teams. Don't act like they can't get kids. They have a clear advantage over the smaller schools like Rustin, Henderson, WC East, and Shanahan.

West had 80 plus try out
East has 1/2 that number…
Tennis and cricket #’s are thru the roof at East[/quote]

Correct- East had about 40 kids go out for high school lacrosse. Lionville which feeds East had less than 25 kids go out for the team, that’s 7th and 8th combined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight, but I hear there are some serious politics when it comes to playing time on that team.[/quote]

Strange you say that as it looks like a pretty stacked team so if someone isn't playing much it appear time for them (or their dad) to evaluate what is important to them... winning or playing. Just an observer who has watched them roll the team my son is on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight, but I hear there are some serious politics when it comes to playing time on that team.

Strange you say that as it looks like a pretty stacked team so if someone isn't playing much it appear time for them (or their dad) to evaluate what is important to them... winning or playing. Just an observer who has watched them roll the team my son is on.[/quote]

Gotta love posts that start with “I hear “, what should follow is a disclaimer that says “I’m about to spew some serious BS”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what politics are at play. The coaches are doing a nice job making sure all of the kids get time. Last year seemed to be a little more focused on getting the win, rather then getting game time for the bottom end of the roster. If not playing just your best players is politics, then you would be correct. This is 8th grade lacrosse; winning isn't everything. Team TEN has made some games closer than needed and lost a couple of games by playing all the kids. To me this is fine. The boys are having fun and playing well as a team.

One of the three coaches is a dad who has been coaching a lot of these boys since second grade. He is doing a great job and his son does not seem to be getting inordinate playing time or special treatment. I for one appreciate the time and effort he has put into developing my son as a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the essay dad coach but a quick look this weekend at the spring league shows daddys everywhere running the show just like always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the essay dad coach but a quick look this weekend at the spring league shows daddys everywhere running the show just like always.
Maybe you should get involved and share you talent with the kids. This is 8th grade lacrosse, who do you want to coach them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT is a professional organization with 100% Professional Coaches across the board at every level. No Daddy Ball there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No daddyball at NXT; just terrible coaches that overpromise parents and run plays for whatever kid they deem the best.
NXT is so weak…as is their coachClint staff at every age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT is a professional organization with 100% Professional Coaches across the board at every level. No Daddy Ball there.[/quote]

And in 7th place in spring league so daddy ball sounds better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough 2027 talk... St Anthony's V. Haverford School Saturday, can any PA stand up to to the NY powerhouse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough 2027 dad talk
St. Anthony's V Haverford Saturday.... Can Haverford win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT is a professional organization with 100% Professional Coaches across the board at every level. No Daddy Ball there.

No way MESA is way better with the proven track record and the best coach in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way MESA is way better with the proven track record and the best coach in the country.

Let’s review-27 area teams
Mesa-dad coach, maybe 2 actually
Ten-dad coach
NXT-not a dad coach but corporate AF
Freedom-dad coach
HHH-who cares, basically a girls club now
Fusion-not dad coach but not strong teams
Brotherly Love-dad coach and corporate AF
Roughriders-will start with dad coach, promise professional coach and then never do it so every team blows up around middle school

No team is perfect so please don’t act like your team has it figured out, if you’re lucky your son is on a team with kids he likes, they’re competitive and the coach is fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ten-dad coach
Freedom-dad coach
Roughriders-will start with dad coach, promise professional coach and then never do it so every team blows up around middle school

No team is perfect so please don’t act like your team has it figured out, if you’re lucky your son is on a team with kids he likes, they’re competitive and the coach is fair[/quote]

RR comment is true but they are now coached by Heisman and despite not a dad coach the team is irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots prediction didn't age well. Lost to Cherries after beating them 14-2 a few weeks ago. I guess the out of state kids didn't show up this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ten-dad coach
Freedom-dad coach

No team is perfect so please don’t act like your team has it figured out, if you’re lucky your son is on a team with kids he likes, they’re competitive and the coach is fair

Good analysis of the landscape there. I think it should be pretty clear to anybody paying attention that the Club games aren't about X's and O's and who's got the best scheme (you know...coaching). To that end, no wonder there are so many dad's coaching and so many dad's having great success with teams like Ten/Mesa. Talent on the roster wins club games, not coaching. To that end, if Red Hots show up with the full roster, they are crushing fools. When they don't have a full roster, they are normal. Was it the coaching? or the roster?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I agree that talent on rosters generally wins games. The talent on Mesa and Team TEN is very close. Both Mesa and Team TEN have excellent Dad coaches, who played D1. They work hard to put their teams in a great position to win games. Because both of them hold down non-lacrosse jobs does not diminish their talents as coaches. Team Ten also has two paid coaches who are getting a lot out of the boys. To me, Red Hots are an odd "team". They are inviting Team Ten, Mesa and every other hot shot kid to play for them at tournaments. There is no doubt the Red Hots have access to a lot of incredible players, it is just hard to see how much they are getting coached and developed. They are awesome players and the exposure will be great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous2027
I agree that talent on rosters generally wins games. The talent on Mesa and Team TEN is very close. Both Mesa and Team TEN have excellent Dad coaches, who played D1. They work hard to put their teams in a great position to win games. Because both of them hold down non-lacrosse jobs does not diminish their talents as coaches. Team Ten also has two paid coaches who are getting a lot out of the boys. To me, Red Hots are an odd "team". They are inviting Team Ten, Mesa and every other hot shot kid to play for them at tournaments. There is no doubt the Red Hots have access to a lot of incredible players, it is just hard to see how much they are getting coached and developed. They are awesome players and the exposure will be great.

My son wanted to stick around to watch that game last night. It was a fantastic game and to say it got chippy is an understatement. I had no skin in the game but as it went on I found myself pulling for Team Ten. The Two Mesa coaches should be embarrassed, especially the clown in the white hat. I have seen seen such theatrics, whining and outright lobbying of referees. I’d think if they had spent more time coaching their team and less time making fools of themselves that they would’ve given their kids a better chance to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son wanted to stick around to watch that game last night. It was a fantastic game and to say it got chippy is an understatement. I had no skin in the game but as it went on I found myself pulling for Team Ten. The Two Mesa coaches should be embarrassed, especially the clown in the white hat. I have seen seen such theatrics, whining and outright lobbying of referees. I’d think if they had spent more time coaching their team and less time making fools of themselves that they would’ve given their kids a better chance to win.
When you say it got "chippy"? Do you mean the players were having issues or were the coaches elevating that side of the game?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
It was "chippy" both in terms of the players and the coaches. The Mesa coaches complained about every non-call or hit. One of the Team Ten coaches came half way on the field to complain, while the kid who was blown up was still on the ground. If it was a clean hit or not is in the eye of the beholder, but a hit like that with a guy staying down awhile is likely going to (and probably should) result in man down in 8th grade. Team Ten had some big hits. Got called for most but not all. Mesa swung their sticks a lot! One two handed baseball bat swing into the chest of a Team Ten attackmen. Refs called the game with about 55 seconds left after another questionable Mesa hit put them man down.

Refs probably should have called it tighter from the start. The Refs let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is white hat loud mouth same guy who got in trouble last year? Embarrassing for him and family and the name drops to the ref was cringe. At least he wasn’t ejected this year. on the other side weren’t much better encouraging dirty hits as usual from the fat dad. Other daddy is useless. At least the one Mesa daddy coach played for a real college program unlike the useless daddy coach o nthe other team. His college team was a club team. If you are a real player go to the Hots for middle school and escape team daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come to the Red Hots where we use great guest players to cover for our lack of player development. You should be aware that when we are short guest players the team will have trouble competing with above average teams. On the plus side, we will teach you the value name calling and poking fun at peoples weight. Please know that if you don't go to a top tier D1 program you have no value as a lacrosse player or future coach. You will need to return all Red Hots merch and being forbid to speak of having been on the team. Another plus is you will receive a lot of feedback from bitter parents who peaked in high school and are bitter they have not been allowed to be a daddy coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is white hat loud mouth same guy who got in trouble last year? Embarrassing for him and family and the name drops to the ref was cringe. At least he wasn’t ejected this year. on the other side weren’t much better encouraging dirty hits as usual from the fat dad. Other daddy is useless. At least the one Mesa daddy coach played for a real college program unlike the useless daddy coach o nthe other team. His college team was a club team. If you are a real player go to the Hots for middle school and escape team daddy.

More color on lout in white hat, dirty hit fat daddy, useless college club daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More color on lout in white hat, dirty hit fat daddy, useless college club daddy.[/quote]

Ummm what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More color on lout in white hat, dirty hit fat daddy, useless college club daddy.

Ummm what?[/quote]

I love that two grown men are arguing about a 13 year old lacrosse team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm what?

I love that two grown men are arguing about a 13 year old lacrosse team.[/quote]

Thanks for the Alley-oop! Ahem...Ahem.. you know they are 14 or 15 years old at this point. holdbacks are killing the game for our on age sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm what?

I love that two grown men are arguing about a 13 year old lacrosse team.[/quote]

But here you are…hit the wall!

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 79 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard