BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spring Season 45 days out.. Any surprises out there?
Rumor they are dropping RFH to Group 1, so they will face ML for states because there is no TOC. RFH is just on the Group 1/2 enrollment cutline.

So basically they will get rolled by ML in states instead of TOC

confimed by njsiaa that rumson is now group 1. i guess group 2 south will come down to squan and wall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking forward to the spring HS season.

I think Summit will be tough as per the usual.

Westfield looks loaded on paper this year

SHP has the talent, they seem to have a bunch of let down games each year, compared to the number of kids they send to college.

What’s the word in RFH.

And is scotch plains a flash in the pan or are they becoming a upper tier public program. Those guys seem to have laid a good foundation.

Good luck to all.

SPF graduated a TON of talent. plus they moved up to the Fitch-Pitt with delby, shp, chatham, west essex, summit, montclair and westfield. might be a tough year for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit over Mt. Lakes 8-4 in scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit over Mt. Lakes 8-4 in the scrimmage.
It's a scrimmage; let's see what happens on Thursday when Summit plays Westfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit over Westfield 7-6. Good game from both teams. Westfield probably more skilled/talented but Summit and Coach Davidson just seem to always find a way to do more with less. UCT Finals rematch should be another good one

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit over Westfield 7-6. Good game from both teams. Westfield probably more skilled/talented but Summit and Coach Davidson just seem to always find a way to do more with less. UCT Finals rematch should be another good one

Summit freshman goalie was lights out. Made a few huge saves down the stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Summit freshman goalie was lights out. Made a few huge saves down the stretch.

Thanks Summit goalie daddy, please keep us up all season on every game and save!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the goalie poster, but I appreciated the information. Good to hear what happened in one of the marquee games from last week.
The chatham Seton Hall Prep game was closer than I thought it would have been. Some good one coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For folks interested in NJ HS lax, the Q4 Play Fast podcast is a fun listen. Not affiliated with the Q4, but I enjoy it. Any other good lax podcasts, blogs, forums, etc that you guys recommend?

Just started listening to Inside Lacrosse Tailgate and the Jamie Munro pods. Pretty interesting as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridgewood beats westfield 7-6 in four overtimes. Wow

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridgewood beats westfield 7-6 in four overtimes. Wow
Every top 20 teams has played another top team. BR might be a little, but everyone will know after they play RFH. Gotta love the scheduling by the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the county championships? They run concurrently, while the teams are finishing up their league schedules?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can someone explain the county championships? They run concurrently, while the teams are finishing up their league schedules?

most schools devote a week to the county tournaments. started this past saturday, usually ending this upcoming saturday - morris county ends tuesday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the Kirst Cup happening?
any idea on location? looks like from the fundraiser it has enough funds, which is great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lakes vs. RFH should be a good game today. Any other games of interest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Shawnee bails ? What is that [Censored]?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridgewood wins it all!

Congrats to them. Glad they held the championship and I hope they continue to do so. Wish it ended first week of June however

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chatham needs more size. Some little (under 6 feet) middies in F and Soph.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
well seems like beardsley is moving on - saw speculation of him going to be the DC at syracuse... anyone have any insight?

also, any news on Bosco HC interviews?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Job Posts on HS or NCAA Resources Forum
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
so apparently bosco hired Dan Keating, guy just accepted the HC job at new D2 Holy Family down by philly, already left before the first fall. philly guy, coached a bunch of years at st. joseph's prep down there. was also the OC at St. Joe's University for a while. we'll see - odd that he's coming all the way up to north jersey.

BC hired former player/AC Frank Feaster, who leaves Cedar Grove HS after 1 year of being their HC. can't fault him for jumping ship there to BC. BC has a TON of talent but from what i've heard the parents/community there is a bit much. maybe having an alum lead the program will right the ship - Beardsley just wasn't a good fit there - heard some pretty nuts stories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by njlaxx11
so apparently bosco hired Dan Keating, guy just accepted the HC job at new D2 Holy Family down by philly, already left before the first fall. philly guy, coached a bunch of years at st. joseph's prep down there. was also the OC at St. Joe's University for a while. we'll see - odd that he's coming all the way up to north jersey.

BC hired former player/AC Frank Feaster, who leaves Cedar Grove HS after 1 year of being their HC. can't fault him for jumping ship there to BC. BC has a TON of talent but from what i've heard the parents/community there is a bit much. maybe having an alum lead the program will right the ship - Beardsley just wasn't a good fit there - heard some pretty nuts stories.

Beardsley was an impulse hire spurred on by a frustrated group of parents. I do not fault the parents, as the team consistently underperformed considering the talent, but I was definitely surprised that the team was even worse under Beardsley, unless that was simply a result of graduating a very good class the year before. I have no insight as to the inner workings of the team under his leadership, but when my son's team played BC, I felt that every coaching comment coming from the sidelines was spot on. I would imagine that some parents did not like that their kid was being called out in such a public manner, I certainly would not, but that is simply the way he coaches. Truthfully, in some respects, I wish that my son's coach had the same sideline energy. I suspect that BC can do great things with the right coach..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Naslonski, long time HC at Randolph, is the new HC at Manasquan HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice addition. Should see some immediate results.Drills will sharpen them up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he going to put up with the Squan parents? Sean worked well there because he was laidback and let parents get involved in coaching. As soon as he yells at one of the 5 golden boys their parents will be asking for a change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to give BBL a atta boy with 2025s

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Is he going to put up with the Squan parents? Sean worked well there because he was laidback and let parents get involved in coaching. As soon as he yells at one of the 5 golden boys their parents will be asking for a change.

i think that's the reason squan hasn't been as good as of late. you can't let parents dictate your program. Nas is a great guy, tons of experience. he had talent at randolph but squan is superior in that category. i'm excited to see him there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not from NJ and I'm just checking to see how public school teams operate with uniforms.

My son is 2027 and in our public school we have received an email about ordering game shorts. Seems that our school district requires the players/parents to pay for game shorts.
I already asked the coach and his response was very concise; it's the players responsibility, not the schools to order shorts.

I'm guessing that he doesn't want to be bothered in collecting/distributing and inventorying shorts.

So, just wondering how uniforms (shorts specifically) are managed in other public schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not from NJ and I'm just checking to see how public school teams operate with uniforms.

My son is 2027 and in our public school we have received an email about ordering game shorts. Seems that our school district requires the players/parents to pay for game shorts.
I already asked the coach and his response was very concise; it's the players responsibility, not the schools to order shorts.

I'm guessing that he doesn't want to be bothered in collecting/distributing and inventorying shorts.

So, just wondering how uniforms (shorts specifically) are managed in other public schools?

FWIW, our school operates the same way. Be thankful you don't have to pay for the helmet instead smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our public HS took a similar approach. The kids had to buy their own helmets and the booster club bought balls and other basics including uniforms. The HS covered the coaches, refs, fields, and buses. Everything else was on the families.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

the school i coach at provides game uniforms. if you need we also can provide helmets. pads, practice pinney are your responsibility. practice pack (sweats, shooting shirt, etc) are STRONGLY recommended but we can't force kids to buy them. usually we open a team store in november or so with a helmet purchase option, glove/pads purchase option, as well as the "mandatory" practice pack and other apparel options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bosco just added another heavy hitter to their coaching staff. Stephen Rehfuss from the PLL Cannons. All American attackman at Cuse. He'll join head coach Matt Lane (Cuse) and defensive coordinator Brian Kavanagh (PLL Archers Defensive coordinator and Princeton Alum).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by njlaxx11

i think that's the reason squan hasn't been as good as of late. you can't let parents dictate your program. Nas is a great guy, tons of experience. he had talent at randolph but squan is superior in that category. i'm excited to see him there.
Squan should win Group 2 south this year. RFH in group 1.. Wall [Censored] coach thinks he sill has all americas, they might not make the payoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are your top 3 Boys HIgh School Teams this spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mountain Lakes, SHP Delbarton

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply