BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. I am sure one or more of these things happened with our travel teams, I just didn't see it. I can tell you for a fact though, that all of these things happened in our PAL organization, and on the same team, no less. I think the travel parents - bashing thing is a bit contrived and played out at this point. Furthermore, it smacks with jealousy and resentment, and like almost all generalizations, is utter nonsense. It has been my experience thus far that the travel team parents seemed more reasonable and less under-handed than those at PAL. I wont say what program it is, but I should correct my earlier characterization to say "we used to be" one of the top youth programs on the island.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You aren't to far off base, but all of your points still happen in Travel.
It just exists more in PAL and much less on the AA's but still exists inbetween.

I love all these posts that insult the parents of the kids on select teams. Other than directly insulting kids, it is one of the most devious cheap shots on here; impossible to counter because when you do the original poster replies "you see, you people are nutty" (or words to that effect). Its like trying to disprove the negative and lets face it, is usually perpetrated by a person whose child did not make one of these teams.
So let me add my two cents to the nutty parent issue:
we have been involved with 3 organizations: - 2 travel, 1 PAL. In only one of those organizations did all of the following occur:
- parents approaching, calling, texting and e-mailing the coach to tell him who should and should not be playing, and when
- parents yelling insults at children who were not their own from the sideline
- parents openly insulting other children, for example "this kid cant even catch, why is he in?"
- arguments between parents of the same team on the sideline
- parents who did not pay their way
- other general "brown nosing" to get in good graces with the program (I will leave it there)
- parents coaching from the sideline in direct conflict with what the coach is trying to achieve (e.g. Johnny, take it yourself, go to the cage")

Yes, that was in the PAL program if you havent already figured it out. Ours is considered one of the top programs on the island so if it happens in ours, it happens in yours too.

On a more positive note, we found the parents on both travel teams very pleasant and not "nutty" at all. As a matter of fact, parents from travel teams can leave all of the "town associated drama" and pre-conceived nonsense behind. No issues bleeding over from other sports, school, friends, etc. No resentment or jealousy towards other kids because they wont be competing against each other for a position at school. People actually rooted for other peoples' kids - and did it with sincerity!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Please note that we have copied these latest comments onto the Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014 thread. We are going to be closing the 2012/2013 threads shortly so please post your new commments onto the new thread. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for all the feedback, I appreciate all the help. We are in East Islip but Lacrosse is our lives so traveling for the right team is no issue. I did notice that on the top 10 list that the Team Long island or Legacy was not mentioned, is that a fair assesment? I notice their tryouts are coming shortly so I do not want to have my son go there if they are not a high ability team. thank you and I mean no disrespect to any teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for all the feedback, I appreciate all the help. We are in East Islip but Lacrosse is our lives so traveling for the right team is no issue. I did notice that on the top 10 list that the Team Long island or Legacy was not mentioned, is that a fair assesment? I notice their tryouts are coming shortly so I do not want to have my son go there if they are not a high ability team. thank you and I mean no disrespect to any teams.

Legacy is a brand new team, they were only 2021 last year and were pretty successful. They are starting teams from 2-8 this year. Cant give you information on a team that hasnt even been formed yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the team LI 2019a is a very good team, winning several championships this year. They are also half the price of most of the other organizations. They have tryouts coming up next weekend at Mt. Siani HS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will practices be?

Actually the team LI 2019a is a very good team, winning several championships this year. They are also half the price of most of the other organizations. They have tryouts coming up next weekend at Mt. Siani HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is new compared to the rest. there is a buzz about them though. ive had 3 different people mention them to me the last few weeks for whatever that is worth. I emailed trhem some questions and the answered back right away. could be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need someone to explain to me HOW it is that 91 is FIRST when they NEVER beat Dune Dawgs this year? kind of seems a bit skewed...

Given that the tryout season is just around the corner, from the teams listed below
A). Which teams have some big upside going into the tryouts (only looking for 1 or 2 players).
B). What position does each team need to get to the next level (G, D, M, A, F/O)

This could be helpful for those players looking for a team. If a team has a well established line (or the coaches son's play certain position) I doubt a team is looking in that direction, so please keep this positive so we can potentially steer families to the best option for their player to play (or steered families away from a dead-end tryout which sometimes leads to a donation to the organization)

2019 Team Rankings

Now that the season is over what are the rankings for the 2019 teams ?

Please no negative comments.

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

I think this list is accurate.

Many good teams at this age group. In order to make one of the top teams your kid will have to earn a spot by displacing another good player. There are not too many superstars out there but there is a tremendous amount of talent. I am sure there are a lot of kids out thee who could make these teams if they went to the tryouts. Not all of the best players are playing Club Lacrosse. Also, I am sure that some very good players would not make (the top) teams. (why would a team want to break up good chemistry) I do not pretend to know how all of these teams think but if you want to see where your kid stands bring him to a couple of tryouts. Even if he does not make the team you will see how he compares to the other 100 or so kids on the field. Having your son go to a tryout will also be a good experience (7th grade does not matter) but tryouts can be used to help a player by getting him out of his comfort zone (his town team) .

Remember, not all of the best kids play for the best team. These boys are going into 7th grade and we will see a lot of change over the years to come. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DD why the late try out.

I need someone to explain to me HOW it is that 91 is FIRST when they NEVER beat Dune Dawgs this year? kind of seems a bit skewed...

Given that the tryout season is just around the corner, from the teams listed below
A). Which teams have some big upside going into the tryouts (only looking for 1 or 2 players).
B). What position does each team need to get to the next level (G, D, M, A, F/O)

This could be helpful for those players looking for a team. If a team has a well established line (or the coaches son's play certain position) I doubt a team is looking in that direction, so please keep this positive so we can potentially steer families to the best option for their player to play (or steered families away from a dead-end tryout which sometimes leads to a donation to the organization)

2019 Team Rankings

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

Many good teams at this age group. In order to make one of the top teams your kid will have to earn a spot by displacing another good player. There are not too many superstars out there but there is a tremendous amount of talent. I am sure there are a lot of kids out thee who could make these teams if they went to the tryouts. Not all of the best players are playing Club Lacrosse. Also, I am sure that some very good players would not make (the top) teams. (why would a team want to break up good chemistry) I do not pretend to know how all of these teams think but if you want to see where your kid stands bring him to a couple of tryouts. Even if he does not make the team you will see how he compares to the other 100 or so kids on the field. Having your son go to a tryout will also be a good experience (7th grade does not matter) but tryouts can be used to help a player by getting him out of his comfort zone (his town team) .

Remember, not all of the best kids play for the best team. These boys are going into 7th grade and we will see a lot of change over the years to come. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What difference does it make?

DD why the late try out.

2019 Team Rankings

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those kids that don't want to be scond fiddle on a B or C team where all the attention and resources are given to the A team then that new team LIT Blue Sharks might be a nice option. My older son played for and trained with those coaches. Two great lax guys with the right values and dedication to develop boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like self promotion. Apparently you don't know all the organizations as well as you think you do. Not every oganizations second teams are "second fiddle" as you say. Look at some of the better programs second teams before you start your banter.

For those kids that don't want to be scond fiddle on a B or C team where all the attention and resources are given to the A team then that new team LIT Blue Sharks might be a nice option. My older son played for and trained with those coaches. Two great lax guys with the right values and dedication to develop boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What organization cares about their B team? You might think they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2018
No question. Superb B level coach in Mike Schwalje.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a look at 91 2018 & 2019 White or the True Blue 2019 B team.
What organization cares about their B team? You might think they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopfully someone can help me. my son is looking for a reliable local goalie coach. he is in the port jeff area. once a week for the winter ono on one or a small group thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakout Goaltending Group. Tim O'Meara, Brian Soper, Rich Grismer & crew....absolute best trainers around for boys and girls of all ages. Website: www.breakoutgoaltending.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pete mitchell comsewouge high school coach does training at his home right in your area heard he is very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakout goaltending is the best. Tim runs a great program!,ve

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopfully someone can help me. my son is looking for a reliable local goalie coach. he is in the port jeff area. once a week for the winter ono on one or a small group thanks

Daly Goalie Training out of Shoreham. Mr. Daly trains boys from St Anthonys, Chaminade, Shoreham, Ward Melville and surrounding areas and also trains girls goalies assisted by his daughter. Worth a look. https://www.facebook.com/DalyGoalieTraining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pete Mitchell is great! Excellent coach and specializes in goalies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joe Fallon is a great goalie trainer, he works with the NY ALL GREYS' goalies and can be reached @ www.allgreyslacrosse.org. Joe played goalie in college and has coached at the Varsity level for many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about for goalies on the South Shore Islip area.

Joe Fallon is a great goalie trainer, he works with the NY ALL GREYS' goalies and can be reached @ www.allgreyslacrosse.org. Joe played goalie in college and has coached at the Varsity level for many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the turnout for the Express 2019 yesterday? Did they name the coaches for this upcoming year?

Here is the breakdown for the top (3) 2019 A (elite teams) in no specific order:

express--great kids, college coaches from 20 years ago or so, expensive for what you get, all about winning but did not win any tournaments this year and nutty parents. Maybe a lot more spots open this year since they did not win and rumor has it all the coaches are gone.

91--great kids, college coaches from 20 years ago or so,
expensive for what you get, all about winning but do not win all the time and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they had a good year.

Dune Dawgs--great kids, current college coach,
fairly priced for what you get, all about winning and win all the time, and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they won every tournament this year.

Then there is the rest of the travel temas, all are good but can not compete with the three top teams right now. I think they all have nutty parents as well.

Hope this helps when making your decision for trying out for a travel team.

As long as your kid develops as a player year in and year out any team will be good for them. It is all about the coaching and the kids he plays with (friends) when making the final decision. Leave the social aspect of the parents out of it, the parenst time is over its about the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I guess we all are nuts.......We pretty much give up 5 to 6 weekends during the summer to take our children to play in tournaments and stay in average hotels at best eat mostly pizza and other gourmet fast food. Then win or lose we get to sit in traffic usually on the New Jersey Turnpike. Why do I do it ? For the chance of a full ride to College ? NOPE HA HA For the tee shirt that you get if you win ? NOPE My son has plenty of clothes to wear . I do it so when I pull into my driveway and my son and I bump fists and he says thanks Dad I had a great time. So cheers to my fellow NUTS . See you this summer.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I do it so when I pull into my driveway and my son and I bump fists and he says thanks Dad I had a great time. So cheers to my fellow NUTS . See you this summer.
One of the very best posts that I have seen on BOTC in a while - congratulations, dear parent. You get it and you will remember every single one of those bumps when your son's freshman collegiate season comes calling. Thank you for the contribution.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
I do it so when I pull into my driveway and my son and I bump fists and he says thanks Dad I had a great time. So cheers to my fellow NUTS . See you this summer.
One of the very best posts that I have seen on BOTC in a while - congratulations, dear parent. You get it and you will remember every single one of those bumps when your son's freshman collegiate season comes calling. Thank you for the contribution.

Amen. And even if they don't decide to go play in college. Love to hear from people who "get it".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the turnout for the Express 2019 yesterday? Did they name the coaches for this upcoming year?

Here is the breakdown for the top (3) 2019 A (elite teams) in no specific order:

express--great kids, college coaches from 20 years ago or so, expensive for what you get, all about winning but did not win any tournaments this year and nutty parents. Maybe a lot more spots open this year since they did not win and rumor has it all the coaches are gone.

expensive for what you get, all about winning but do not win all the time and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they had a good year.

fairly priced for what you get, all about winning and win all the time, and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they won every tournament this year.

Then there is the rest of the travel temas, all are good but can not compete with the three top teams right now. I think they all have nutty parents as well.

As long as your kid develops as a player year in and year out any team will be good for them. It is all about the coaching and the kids he plays with (friends) when making the final decision. Leave the social aspect of the parents out of it, the parenst time is over its about the kids.

This person does not get it.

If you are not involved with LI Express and you and your son did not go to the tryouts WHY DO YOU CARE???

Go back under the rock that you slivered out from under.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But to answer the original question there were definitely many fewer players at the Express tryout today. I have no idea why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I get it. I'm hoping you get it at some point. Believe me you will. I was once so naive like you!

If you are not involved with LI Express and you and your son did not go to the tryouts WHY DO YOU CARE???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I guess we all are nuts.......We pretty much give up 5 to 6 weekends during the summer to take our children to play in tournaments and stay in average hotels at best eat mostly pizza and other gourmet fast food. Then win or lose we get to sit in traffic usually on the New Jersey Turnpike. Why do I do it ? For the chance of a full ride to College ? NOPE HA HA For the tee shirt that you get if you win ? NOPE My son has plenty of clothes to wear . I do it so when I pull into my driveway and my son and I bump fists and he says thanks Dad I had a great time. So cheers to my fellow NUTS . See you this summer.

awesome ,my friend.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, did fl$ ever get there 69 kids per year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And dont forget the opportunity for some great car ride conversation, because after all you are in the car for a few hours.

Awesome post, thank you from a fellow crazy nut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget 91 2019 White. Last season they were constantly put into tournament brackets they did not want in order to accommodate the 2019 Orange 7 2020 Crush. When the issue was brought to the attention of the directors we were told that our placement was due to our inconsistency, yet the placements were a big part of the problem. For parents to go through this is crazy, how can we truly assess our kids and teams under those conditions? This year they’re are being told they will be playing in “A” brackets only. The question is which tournaments. It would be a good bet that they will be getting the 2019 Orange & 2020 Crush leftovers. They may have had a good team, but would the parents really know as the teams was rarely tested and when they were the results were inconsistent? Parents, how many times are you willing to get burned? The team should have left and gone somewhere where they would really be appreciated or struck out on their own, especially since the new head coach is a parent anyway. When are we as parents going to start taking control and doing what is right for our kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct, big changes. I also heard a rumor that one of those programs listed is about to lose the core of what was a very good team.If it is true does anyone knows why? Fill me in as I thought they were with a decent program.......was it a change in program motive? Not sure if they are going somewhere or starting their own thing, but either way if it happens there will be change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I get it. I'm hoping you get it at some point. Believe me you will. I was once so naive like you!

Sorry... my bad, "slithered"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound disgruntled. You also sound like a coward hiding behind an anonymous post. If you have an issue call up your coach, tell them you aren't happy so they can find another kid that wants to play midfield. Lord knows there where plenty on the field last week. The problem with you is you are going to cry no matter what organization you go to. We all know who you are. This will be a strong team this year and will be competitve in the A bracket. You just may not be there to enjoy it with them no matter how good you think your son is.

Forget 91 2019 White. Last season they were constantly put into tournament brackets they did not want in order to accommodate the 2019 Orange 7 2020 Crush. When the issue was brought to the attention of the directors we were told that our placement was due to our inconsistency, yet the placements were a big part of the problem. For parents to go through this is crazy, how can we truly assess our kids and teams under those conditions? This year they’re are being told they will be playing in “A” brackets only. The question is which tournaments. It would be a good bet that they will be getting the 2019 Orange & 2020 Crush leftovers. They may have had a good team, but would the parents really know as the teams was rarely tested and when they were the results were inconsistent? Parents, how many times are you willing to get burned? The team should have left and gone somewhere where they would really be appreciated or struck out on their own, especially since the new head coach is a parent anyway. When are we as parents going to start taking control and doing what is right for our kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son didn't make it and you feel is an A player not a B the Revolution just posted a tryout for an A team this weekend. Someone posted that it was the kids from TB 2019 team and they left starting there own thing with a majority of the kids from last year playing ...Just can't confirm it on my end and I am not sure how many openings or the price. I will ask my son when he gets home if he heard anything. Just another option at this point for some.Sorry for those who didn't make it. It's not the end of the world for these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how was 91s second day. Did they make it that obvious who they liked or it is still a mystery. How many teams will they field?

If your son didn't make it and you feel is an A player not a B the Revolution just posted a tryout for an A team this weekend. Someone posted that it was the kids from TB 2019 team and they left starting there own thing with a majority of the kids from last year playing ...Just can't confirm it on my end and I am not sure how many openings or the price. I will ask my son when he gets home if he heard anything. Just another option at this point for some.Sorry for those who didn't make it. It's not the end of the world for these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how was 91s second day. Did they make it that obvious who they liked or it is still a mystery. How many teams will they field?

Looked like ~150 kids on the second day. They did seem to narrow it down a bit and looked like more of the A players on one field during the scrimmage as I didn't see any of the gray helmets on the other field. Still looks like 3 teams (Orange/White/Stampede).

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard