BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 327 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
check it out..... top guns 2014 commitments not to shabby . genius

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the TG fans would just stick to their section to boast and YJ stay here then all would be well.To the YJ parents ignore the non- sense you will see come recruitment age how well it will work out for you. People can say what they want but CR opinion goes a long way . After having probably the most D1 players of any program ever college coaches know that YJ has a history of sending quality players to D1 programs.

D2 and D3 as well. YJ have a great record of sending players to some prestigious schools in no part because they played on a competitive club team. I'm sure other clubs do as well, but the YJ resume is impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topguns would have had a very good chance of winning without 2015 players as well as YJ , skywalkers and m&d . all teams are about equal. all teams play 2 goal games aganst each other. but with that said nobody will ever know. topguns won with there 2015 players and YJ , skywalkers, and md lost with there 2015 players. so it you cant handle topguns 2016 team being the champs then how about this 2015/2016 u15 national champions are topguns. what other excuses could you possibly have?

There has not been any excuse, have said all along that TG are the U15 national champs but to then assume they are the best 2016 team is ridiculous.To say those teams are all about equal shows you are completely delusional. Your 2016 team has never beaten those teams ,throw in Heros and its just another team you have never beaten.How can you go something like 0 wins and 8 losses to YJ and MD in your 2016 history but claim to be about equal, talk about excuses.To say your 1 2015 player was not the most dominant player of the tournament and you would have won without her is just silly.According to the national draw 2020, 2016, 2015 YJ are national champs.

All the 2015's were in Virginia (yj parents of all the committed kids didn't want to travel so the went to National Draw - great teammates), 2016 had very easy bracket as did the 2020 team, which is not a top five team by any stretch, probably 4-5 best team in that age on LI

Finally something we can agree on YJ 2016 did have an easy championship bracket playing a weak TG 2016 black team in the semi-finals, if it wasn't for their goalie the game would have been barely competitive, 2016 TG still 0-10 when playing against the top teams. As far as 2020 YJ , didn't you have a YJ team in your bracket , a team that beat M&D while you guys got crushed by them.

why on earth would you bring up the 2020 comparison? Your saying YJ is better by default of a defeat at the hands of another club? TG and YJ 2020 played the only game they ever faced off in at a later tournament and TGs won, competitive close game but won by a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topguns would have had a very good chance of winning without 2015 players as well as YJ , skywalkers and m&d . all teams are about equal. all teams play 2 goal games aganst each other. but with that said nobody will ever know. topguns won with there 2015 players and YJ , skywalkers, and md lost with there 2015 players. so it you cant handle topguns 2016 team being the champs then how about this 2015/2016 u15 national champions are topguns. what other excuses could you possibly have?

There has not been any excuse, have said all along that TG are the U15 national champs but to then assume they are the best 2016 team is ridiculous.To say those teams are all about equal shows you are completely delusional. Your 2016 team has never beaten those teams ,throw in Heros and its just another team you have never beaten.How can you go something like 0 wins and 8 losses to YJ and MD in your 2016 history but claim to be about equal, talk about excuses.To say your 1 2015 player was not the most dominant player of the tournament and you would have won without her is just silly.According to the national draw 2020, 2016, 2015 YJ are national champs.

All the 2015's were in Virginia (yj parents of all the committed kids didn't want to travel so the went to National Draw - great teammates), 2016 had very easy bracket as did the 2020 team, which is not a top five team by any stretch, probably 4-5 best team in that age on LI

Finally something we can agree on YJ 2016 did have an easy championship bracket playing a weak TG 2016 black team in the semi-finals, if it wasn't for their goalie the game would have been barely competitive, 2016 TG still 0-10 when playing against the top teams. As far as 2020 YJ , didn't you have a YJ team in your bracket , a team that beat M&D while you guys got crushed by them.

why on earth would you bring up the 2020 comparison? Your saying YJ is better by default of a defeat at the hands of another club? TG and YJ 2020 played the only game they ever faced off in at a later tournament and TGs won, competitive close game but won by a few.

You are so blind by your resentment of YJ, 2020 were brought up as a reply to your TG brethren bringing them up, not that difficult to understand.Congrats to your TG 2020 team for winning a game at a showcase tournament but common opponents do matter and in my opinion showcase vs championship also makes a difference, as does a full game vs. 20 minute games. Curious then of M&D, YJ, TG 2020 who do you think is the top team and yes I get they are only 10-11 years old .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
check it out..... top guns 2014 commitments not to shabby . genius

You are so pathetically jealous and or obsessed with YJ that you cannot let a post on a YJ site that makes no mention of TG go with out some lame attempt to pump up TG. Again no one said anything about TG so calm down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read prior post you idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a small person , the only mention of TG was to say they should stay on your site while YJ should do the same. Great commit list of looking to go to Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a small person , the only mention of TG was to say they should stay on your site while YJ should do the same. Great commit list of looking to go to Hofstra.

Lets be realistic here folks CR could really care less about anyone or anything other then her blue teams. How is it there are two gold teams and only 7 committed from them. Kudos to SS for taking so many to Hofstra at least she's giving them an opportunity to play and get an education. What did CR do for her players that didn't play on her blue roster...NOTHING!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets be realistic here folks CR could really care less about anyone or anything other then her blue teams. How is it there are two gold teams and only 7 committed from them. Kudos to SS for taking so many to Hofstra at least she's giving them an opportunity to play and get an education. What did CR do for her players that didn't play on her blue roster...NOTHING!!!!

Do you realize that those 7 players are on the 3rd and 4th teams. Probably more than committed from your purple team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you realize that those 7 players are on the 3rd and 4th teams. Probably more than committed from your purple team.

Not true, but nice try. You guys are all crazy with these comparisons anyway. Who cares? Cant you just be happy for any of these young women who get a chance to play in college, wherever it is, and whoever helped get them there, and how much the recruiting fee is?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talented girls from both teams, if not this area, are going to great schools to continue their athletic and academic careers. If you go to LaxPower you can see where all the girls are from and where they are going. Long island is a hot bed for talent, but those Maryland girls probably have better resumes with regards to schools.

CR was a great help with regards to my daughter's recruiting--and no money was exchanged. You go with who you think best fits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 things to say. Yellowjackets are nothing what they used to be. topguns are new but not that good. all other Long island teams cant compete.

from a Maryland parent. Maryland lacrosse rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 things to say. Yellowjackets are nothing what they used to be. topguns are new but not that good. all other Long island teams cant compete.

Nobody cares what you think...Be gone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is signed up for two of the fall tournaments that are coming up. Although these events are raising money for a good cause, I’m just curious about how much money the organizer is making off of this. I understand that it costs money to run these tournaments, but after all is said and done, is the charity getting 100% of the proceeds or is it just another payday for someone.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter is signed up for two of the fall tournaments that are coming up. Although these events are raising money for a good cause, I’m just curious about how much money the organizer is making off of this. I understand that it costs money to run these tournaments, but after all is said and done, is the charity getting 100% of the proceeds or is it just another payday for someone.
When BOTC carries a charity tournament, we share the percentages back with the community. When you book an event outside of those carried here on BOTC, you are left to guess as to where that money is going. Our suggestion would be to speak with the tournament organizer and ask for a balance sheet on the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is a parent, your grammar is terrible, and you probably didn't get through high school. Gotta love the Maryland school system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coached PAL 20 years ago and think I am going to start a travel team becuase everyone else is. How much longer does CR hang on with the landscape getting more and more watered down every year? The BOTC homepage is going to be 2 pages long just to fit all the clubs down the right in soon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
When BOTC carries a charity tournament, we share the percentages back with the community. When you book an event outside of those carried here on BOTC, you are left to guess as to where that money is going. Our suggestion would be to speak with the tournament organizer and ask for a balance sheet on the tournament.
You can also call the charity to see if it’s a legit fundraiser. If you’ve never heard of the charity, I’d stay away or call the organizer for more info. If the web site promoting the benefit LAX tournament doesn’t have a link to the charity that it says it supporting or contain detailed statement about who or what the proceeds will be benefiting, I’d also question the organizer. Unfortunately, there are quite a few shady people out there who are taking advantage of the good intentions of these fundraisers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talented girls from both teams, if not this area, are going to great schools to continue their athletic and academic careers. If you go to LaxPower you can see where all the girls are from and where they are going. Long island is a hot bed for talent, but those Maryland girls probably have better resumes with regards to schools.

CR was a great help with regards to my daughter's recruiting--and no money was exchanged. You go with who you think best fits.

Your kidding yourself CR does nothing unless you are a kid from her school or on her blue team. Anyone else she says pay for the service or ask your high school coach to contact. I did all the leg work for my daughter who us happily playing at a D1 school and pulled my other two right out before I invested more $$ into her vacation homes or cars. It's my understanding that this year she didn't even give senior scholarships and essay contest was less $$ less girls. Sadly last year when my daughter graduated there wasn't even a luncheon. ASK YOURSELF THIS: where does all the $$ she makes at the Long Island Elite tournament go to...ill give ya one guess. Think twice before you spend any $$ on this program because at the end of the day Liberty or TG can do just as much for your child. No one is lining the sidelines JUST to watch the YJ play...especially since everyone makes a team as long as you bring your checkbook!!! Oh and one more thing had a friend with a daughter on that 4th YJ team, when they approached their coach for help last summer the response was "I'm so far removed from the recruiting process I can't help" REALLY!!!! Thankfully they were smart and left for an organization that could help their daughter as she entered her final summer...my other girls will play for any other organization, I guess they say you live and learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is a parent, your grammar is terrible, and you probably didn't get through high school. Gotta love the Maryland school system.

Sad but true and the programs from PA and NJ are not to far behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding yourself CR does nothing unless you are a kid from her school or on her blue team. Anyone else she says pay for the service or ask your high school coach to contact. I did all the leg work for my daughter who us happily playing at a D1 school and pulled my other two right out before I invested more $$ into her vacation homes or cars. It's my understanding that this year she didn't even give senior scholarships and essay contest was less $$ less girls. Sadly last year when my daughter graduated there wasn't even a luncheon. ASK YOURSELF THIS: where does all the $$ she makes at the Long Island Elite tournament go to...ill give ya one guess. Think twice before you spend any $$ on this program because at the end of the day Liberty or TG can do just as much for your child. No one is lining the sidelines JUST to watch the YJ play...especially since everyone makes a team as long as you bring your checkbook!!! Oh and one more thing had a friend with a daughter on that 4th YJ team, when they approached their coach for help last summer the response was "I'm so far removed from the recruiting process I can't help" REALLY!!!! Thankfully they were smart and left for an organization that could help their daughter as she entered her final summer...my other girls will play for any other organization, I guess they say you live and learn.

Bitter much, what a loser. My kid is not on top team but in my opinion is one of the better players on her 2nd level team and CR and TW has been instrumental in getting her into a school of her choosing .Yes had to do a lot of the leg work on my own but what do you expect. Have had many conversations with college coaches and they all respect CR opinion of a player even though some did not seem to love her on a personal level.Some of these college coaches are leary of SS, not sure if true but a few say she refused to honor a verbal comit of the former Hofstra coach and along with firing much of her staff have given her a win at all costs appearance which some do not like.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
ASK YOURSELF THIS: where does all the $$ she makes at the Long Island Elite tournament go to...ill give ya one guess. Think twice before you spend any $$ on this program because at the end of the day Liberty or TG can do just as much for your child.
Before this discussion does go too far off the rails, please note that the Long Island Elite Tournament attracted a total of 28 non-Yellow Jacket teams for 2013 according to our latest count. From that external revenue source, fields are paid, college coaches compensated, and other bills for hosting the tournament including referee fees are paid.

Following this, there are about 40 Yellow Jackets teams involved. Whether those teams are charged, charged at the same rate, or not charged is an internal club issue.

Our point here (and we might be wrong) is that the tournament is not the cash cow that you might perceive it to be.

As for the girls program that can do the most for your daughter, there are many questions to be asked and whether or not a profit is made from a showcase event is not one of the questions I would be asking to be honest.

The key question that parents and student-athletes need to ask is whether their Top Ten Academic or Athletic target schools are represented by the coaches attending these recruiting showcases. After all, if your top three target schools are the Universities of A, B, and C while you get noticed by X, Y, and Z College, have you really moved your college search forward?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can also call the charity to see if it’s a legit fundraiser. If you’ve never heard of the charity, I’d stay away or call the organizer for more info. If the web site promoting the benefit LAX tournament doesn’t have a link to the charity that it says it supporting or contain detailed statement about who or what the proceeds will be benefiting, I’d also question the organizer. Unfortunately, there are quite a few shady people out there who are taking advantage of the good intentions of these fundraisers.
If you see the guy/girl that’s running the fundraiser driving a new vehicle or going to the Bahamas for a week, then you’ll know it a scam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ASK YOURSELF THIS: where does all the $$ she makes at the Long Island Elite tournament go to...ill give ya one guess. Think twice before you spend any $$ on this program because at the end of the day Liberty or TG can do just as much for your child.
Before this discussion does go too far off the rails, please note that the Long Island Elite Tournament attracted a total of 28 non-Yellow Jacket teams for 2013 according to our latest count. From that external revenue source, fields are paid, college coaches compensated, and other bills for hosting the tournament including referee fees are paid.

Following this, there are about 40 Yellow Jackets teams involved. Whether those teams are charged, charged at the same rate, or not charged is an internal club issue.

Our point here (and we might be wrong) is that the tournament is not the cash cow that you might perceive it to be.

As for the girls program that can do the most for your daughter, there are many questions to be asked and whether or not a profit is made from a showcase event is not one of the questions I would be asking to be honest.

The key question that parents and student-athletes need to ask is whether their Top Ten Academic or Athletic target schools are represented by the coaches attending these recruiting showcases. After all, if your top three target schools are the Universities of A, B, and C while you get noticed by X, Y, and Z College, have you really moved your college search forward?
I agree with Cage but far too often in travel lax the schools that show an interest jump to the top of the players wish list where the student athlete should be targeting schools not the other way around. Once the kids feel the coaches love they move that school to the top of the list. The best advise is don't settle make the school decision as if you will never play another lacrosse game again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with Cage but far too often in travel lax the schools that show an interest jump to the top of the players wish list where the student athlete should be targeting schools not the other way around. Once the kids feel the coaches love they move that school to the top of the list. The best advise is don't settle make the school decision as if you will never play another lacrosse game again.

I couldn't disagree more. If you are playing a college sport (especially D1) you will spend just as much time doing lax related activities as you will going to class. A student only has 4 years of eligibility to play! They should try to put themselves in the best situation for academics and athletics. If they are wanted by the coach their chances of playing and enjoying their experience is greater. In addition MOST kids don't know what career path they want and use college to figure it out. There are many great academic universities that they can achieve their goals at. Why not go to one who really wants you there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't disagree more. If you are playing a college sport (especially D1) you will spend just as much time doing lax related activities as you will going to class. A student only has 4 years of eligibility to play! They should try to put themselves in the best situation for academics and athletics. If they are wanted by the coach their chances of playing and enjoying their experience is greater. In addition MOST kids don't know what career path they want and use college to figure it out. There are many great academic universities that they can achieve their goals at. Why not go to one who really wants you there?

A child should decide on a school based on the school taking lax completely out of the picture. The question you should ask your child is if you got hurt or decided not to play would you transfer. Lets be real coaches who want you today are either fired or relocated tomorrow who is to say the new coach will want your kid or the ones they recruit. Pick a school for the school not the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will explain why the last poster is off the mark.
As you spend more time in the advanced lax years you will begin to hear the stories of coaches who pursue players and sign them and discover it's not a good fit for any number of reasons. These players end up miserable and often times drop out or transfer. Also, look at the coaching carousel currently in view at the women's D1 level and the amount of transfers taking place. I can not stress how important it is to choose the school FIRST. Lax is important but it must be secondary. This way if the coach leaves or they don't gel their love for the school will make their experience great.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Excellent conversation here and clearly, we are going to have to agree to disagree. Let me offer you a couple of thoughts on these last two posts.
  • In my view, the lacrosse recruiting process is somewhat inverted as too many players attend a showcase only to ask afterwards "what colleges saw me play?" This is what contributes to the misconception that the club coaches hold all of the recruiting power.
  • BOTC has been consistent that we believe academic choices are a priority that is followed by athletic matches. Think of it this way : Employers will ask you about your coursework, major, GPA, and internship experience. Rarely will the conversation gravitate to your sports career.
  • Parents that are looking for their children to make their way in life after college via lacrosse are statistically reinforcing a poor career choice.
  • College coaching is a JOB. People filling a JOB often will change their position over a five year period. Choosing a college or university exclusively due to the relationship one might have with the coach is a huge mistake. Should the coach leave, how do you feel about the school?
  • We disagree with the "college is a college" discussion and the conclusion that students can academically thrive anywhere. Choosing your college based on a coach that "wanted you" is a failing strategy. There are 168 hours in a week and at most 24 of those hours can be spent in NCAA-regulated sports activities. That leaves 144 hours per week for "life" outside the lacrosse field.
  • Loving a college just because the coach expressed an interest raises the question of distance from home. How will the student-athlete feel if he/she is 1000+ miles from home and might not be able to make it home before Christmas?
In summary, there are so many more social and individual issues involved in the college choice beyond "getting the offer" that anyone taking the "college is a college approach" could not possibly have been down this road previously.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As you spend more time in the advanced lax years you will begin to hear the stories of coaches who pursue players and sign them and discover it's not a good fit for any number of reasons. These players end up miserable and often times drop out or transfer. Also, look at the coaching carousel currently in view at the women's D1 level and the amount of transfers taking place. I can not stress how important it is to choose the school FIRST. Lax is important but it must be secondary. This way if the coach leaves or they don't gel their love for the school will make their experience great.
Regarding the highlighted comment : BOTC agrees with this view and as a parent, the phone call will most often come home to you in this situation. This is why it is so critically important for the parents, not Carol Rose, Shannon Smith, or any of the other players, to be the critical contact point along with your student-athlete. When you get that first freshman year home-sickness call (and you more than likely will get that call), you will understand all you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Regarding the highlighted comment : BOTC agrees with this view and as a parent, the phone call will most often come home to you in this situation. This is why it is so critically important for the parents, not Carol Rose, Shannon Smith, or any of the other players, to be the critical contact point along with your student-athlete. When you get that first freshman year home-sickness call (and you more than likely will get that call), you will understand all you need to know.

Weighing as a parent of a D1 player (not lax), loving your school is the way to go. My daugther loved her school and came to really dislike her coach. Her collegiate athletic experience was pretty negative and she came to hate the sport she loved. I asked her more than once if she wanted to transfer but she refused -- because she loved her school and her teammates/friends. She stuck it out on the team for four years, her choice (and not one I probably would've made if I'd been in her shoes), but she did it because she was happy with everything at college except her coach.

She also had HS friends who played D1 lax, coaches left , one after recruting but before freshman year and another partway through college. Never make a choice based on the coach alone. Like your school first and foremost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Weighing as a parent of a D1 player (not lax), loving your school is the way to go. My daugther loved her school and came to really dislike her coach. Her collegiate athletic experience was pretty negative and she came to hate the sport she loved. I asked her more than once if she wanted to transfer but she refused -- because she loved her school and her teammates/friends. She stuck it out on the team for four years, her choice (and not one I probably would've made if I'd been in her shoes), but she did it because she was happy with everything at college except her coach.

She also had HS friends who played D1 lax, coaches left , one after recruting but before freshman year and another partway through college. Never make a choice based on the coach alone. Like your school first and foremost.

I commend and respect your daughter. I have heard so many times parents speak of "the best deal" rather than the best school. Also, don't push for the best academic school if your child doesn't has the smarts. That is a real recipe for disaster.

My daughter had great grades/test scores. She was contacted by great schools with lousy lacrosse programs; she was contacted by so-so schools with great programs. You ultimately have to make the choice academically and what is best for your child five years from now. We are all passionate about lacrosse, but lets face it, it's a niche sport. As with most female sports the college years are the last hurrah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love the school and want to be there if you never play another game or the $5k a year partial dries up.

It makes me cringe everytime I hear a dad say his kid got a partial ride to a school that accepts kids with an 850 2 part SAT and the list cost for the college is $48,000.

To get $5k to go a glorified overpriced BOCES program is a joke.

Go to a good school with a good fit and if the Lax works out, all the better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I commend and respect your daughter. I have heard so many times parents speak of "the best deal" rather than the best school. Also, don't push for the best academic school if your child doesn't has the smarts. That is a real recipe for disaster.

My daughter had great grades/test scores. She was contacted by great schools with lousy lacrosse programs; she was contacted by so-so schools with great programs. You ultimately have to make the choice academically and what is best for your child five years from now. We are all passionate about lacrosse, but lets face it, it's a niche sport. As with most female sports the college years are the last hurrah.
Bottom line is if your kid is lazy and dumber than dirt, none of this matters, because she won’t be accepted to any decent college. If by some chance she is, there is a 99% chance she won’t make it through the first semester because she won’t be able to keep up with the academic portion of the deal or handle the work load that is involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting scholarship money for LAX is nice, but I’d concentrate more on her education. After four years of college, I’d rather have my daughter planning for law school or med school than boasting that she played lacrosse in college. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for her to do both, but a good education is what will help carry her through life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting scholarship money for LAX is nice, but I’d concentrate more on her education. After four years of college, I’d rather have my daughter planning for law school or med school than boasting that she played lacrosse in college. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for her to do both, but a good education is what will help carry her through life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is if your kid is lazy and dumber than dirt, none of this matters, because she won’t be accepted to any decent college. If by some chance she is, there is a 99% chance she won’t make it through the first semester because she won’t be able to keep up with the academic portion of the deal or handle the work load that is involved.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son (Dean Wormer).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the East Coast D1 colleges ranked from #90-#100 and cross reference with college board for the costs and SAT requirements.

Wagner $53,000 entry level SAT 1050
LI Brooklyn $50,000 SAT 770 (this one is totally unbelievable)
Saint Francis $43,000 SAT 910
Deleware State $30,000 SAT 820

That's some pretty big money for some pretty weak academics but it is D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the East Coast D1 colleges ranked from #90-#100 and cross reference with college board for the costs and SAT requirements.

I think the low SAT requirement at LI Brooklyn is for the benefit of the mens basketball program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The school that recruited my daughter (top 20 lacrosse school last year) wanted 2100 minimum which might be on the other end of crazy, but she got them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The school that recruited my daughter (top 20 lacrosse school last year) wanted 2100 minimum which might be on the other end of crazy, but she got them.

They all just want 2 part, not even a spot to fill in the 3rd part on the application. Northwesterns average SAT is 1460. Most kids can't get to that number using all 3 parts!

Like Reply Quote
Page 115 of 327 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard