BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 112 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mess with over/unders but I am sure the Props guy who posted his lines at top would be all over that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lock of the Week:

BLC -8.5 over Stars

BLC won’t even score 9 goals. They play at a snails pace, especially with a lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lock of the Week:

BLC -8.5 over Stars

BLC won’t even score 9 goals. They play at a snails pace, especially with a lead.

Very fair point. They do have 5 games this year of double digit goals though. I can see this as an 11-2 type of game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is bad though. BLC will score without even trying. I think the line is on point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mess with over/unders but I am sure the Props guy who posted his lines at top would be all over that.

Here you go

Game Lines

Heros SW : 19.5
M&D/ FCA: 21.5
Integrity: NL: 16.5
Coppermine/ NEMS: 17.5
MDU/ CCLAX: 18.5
HW/MCE: 20
Pride/ SW 23.5
Integrity/ MDU 17
M&D Shore/ NL: 16.5
Renegades/ FCA: 15.5
Pride: Rebels: 18.5
M&D Shore/ NEMS: 16.5
Stars/ BLC: 14.5
BLC vs. Rebels: 16.5
M&D vs. Stars :16.5

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here you go

Game Lines

Heros SW : 19.5
M&D/ FCA: 21.5
Integrity: NL: 16.5
Coppermine/ NEMS: 17.5
MDU/ CCLAX: 18.5
HW/MCE: 20
Pride/ SW 23.5
Integrity/ MDU 17
M&D Shore/ NL: 16.5
Renegades/ FCA: 15.5
Pride: Rebels: 18.5
M&D Shore/ NEMS: 16.5
Stars/ BLC: 14.5
BLC vs. Rebels: 16.5
M&D vs. Stars :16.5

You have a gift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-3 heroes over SWB

HG won basically every draw except 2 or 3, goalie made some really nice saves on the few shots SW actually got off and HG scored at will most of the game.

Hats off to HG, great team and well coached

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s goalie is the best one I’ve seen. She is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-3 heroes over SWB

HG won basically every draw except 2 or 3, goalie made some really nice saves on the few shots SW actually got off and HG scored at will most of the game.

Hats off to HG, great team and well coached

Lots of talent for HG for sure, especially on the attack on midfield. Plus the talent they can bring off the bench is probably unmatched in the area.

However, to call them well coaches is a stretch. They win in spite of coaching, not because of it. They are more talented top to bottom than M&D, but M&D beats them a majority of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this MDU love- what happened to them today?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good players cant always overcome bad coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No clue, Pride looked weak as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a previous poster mentioned, and was confirmed at the games, most of Pride's team was out on Spring Break. Girls from their B teams were brought up to fill in. Assume that's what happened to MDU too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a previous poster mentioned, and was confirmed at the games, most of Pride's team was out on Spring Break. Girls from their B teams were brought up to fill in. Assume that's what happened to MDU too?

Both Pride and MDU are fine. Kids missing. Expect Pride to take advantage of the easier remaining schedule. MDU has a tougher schedule. But will make playoffs. Just not maybe top 4 positions in playoffs like all assumed.

After watching a bunch of games over the last few weeks, it is apparent that there are too many "A" teams. Its not fair to the lower level "A" teams to get beat badly. And it is not fair to the top teams who get nothing more than a glorified workout to play them. There really should be 3 tiers.

Next Level, Renegades, Rebels, Nems, MC Elite, Stars and FCA really should not be playing against the likes of M&D and Heros. Could even make the case for a few more.

If I were on one of those teams, I would rather play close games against like competition. Rather than taking a beating just to say "we play A"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really agree. An "A" tier with Heros, M&D, BLC, MDU, Pride and maybe 3 out of the following: Coppermine, Skywalkers, M&D Shore, Heros White and Integrity, where everyone had to play each other once would ensure more even competition and fairer schedules. And the games would be more fun to play (and watch) than the blowouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really agree. An "A" tier with Heros, M&D, BLC, MDU, Pride and maybe 3 out of the following: Coppermine, Skywalkers, M&D Shore, Heros White and Integrity, where everyone had to play each other once would ensure more even competition and fairer schedules. And the games would be more fun to play (and watch) than the blowouts.
The same issue with the 2028s..lower level teams are getting blown out. Teams like NEMS belong in the B league. Not one of their teams (20278-2031) has a win and are getting blown out almost every game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone done both American Select and AU Futures? Which one, if any, is worth going to? Are they a good experience for the girls to get an idea of what recruiting showcases will be like it the future?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same issue with the 2028s..lower level teams are getting blown out. Teams like NEMS belong in the B league. Not one of their teams (20278-2031) has a win and are getting blown out almost every game!

It stinks. As a parent, I feel like I can't even cheer for my kid (or their teammates) once the score is out of hand (usually early). And I feel bad for the other team. Their daughters are trying just as hard or even harder.

There has to be a better formula. Not to mention that by playing A, they don't even get to qualify for the B Division NGLL playoffs. Even thought the bottom 7-8 teams are better than the best B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's last year of NGLL for 2027. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lock of the Week:

BLC -8.5 over Stars

Hope you all took the Lock of the Week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It stinks. As a parent, I feel like I can't even cheer for my kid (or their teammates) once the score is out of hand (usually early). And I feel bad for the other team. Their daughters are trying just as hard or even harder.

There has to be a better formula. Not to mention that by playing A, they don't even get to qualify for the B Division NGLL playoffs. Even thought the bottom 7-8 teams are better than the best B teams

The answer to your question is money. If you don't let the bottom half of teams in this A league, they will simply form their own.

Disagree about your last point too. M&D Red and maybe Check-hers could beat the bottom 4 team in A. M&D Red could probably beat 6 or 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to your question is money. If you don't let the bottom half of teams in this A league, they will simply form their own.

Disagree about your last point too. M&D Red and maybe Check-hers could beat the bottom 4 team in A. M&D Red could probably beat 6 or 7.

Eh, disagree. FCA won NGLL B division last year, and Renegades was runner up. Not sure if MND Red or Checkhers would beat them this year unless they had massive upgrades to their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Line for Games week of April 15th. (Totals in parenthesis)

BLC -8.5 vs. Integrity (15.5)
Heros G -13.5 vs. Renegades (17.5)
BLC -7.5 vs. CCLax (12.5)
Heros W -4.5 vs. FCA (15)
M&D Black -11.5 vs. Hero's W (16)
NEMS -4.5 vs. Rebels (13.5)

Rebels -2.5 vs. MC Elite (14)
MDU -2.5 vs. M&D Shore (13)
Coppermine -10.5 vs. MC Elite (16.5)
SW -1 vs. M&D Shore (15)
Coppermine -8 vs. Renegades (16.5)
Pride -9.5 vs. Next Level (17.5)
SW -5.5 vs. NEMS (14.5)
M&D Black -12.5 vs. Integrity (15.5)
Stars -5.5 vs. Next Level (14.5)

Props:

Total margin of victory, M&D Black, Heros Green: 37.5
Total goals allowed, MC Elite: 22.5
Number of games decided by 3 goals or fewer: 4.5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No clue, Pride looked weak as well.

Agreed, I heard a bunch of the rebels girls were out on spring break and Pride barely won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure groups out.

Looks like they are doing it differently this year. 5 team groups this year for A level teams. Curious if only 2 teams get through to playoffs. If so, some very good teams won't make playoffs

Top group: Aces, Jesters, M&D, BLC, Skywalkers
Second group: Heros, MDU, Prime Time, Pride, Top Guns
Third group, YJ, Steps, Liberty, Mad Dog, Monster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think MDU was missing anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure groups out.

Looks like they are doing it differently this year. 5 team groups this year for A level teams. Curious if only 2 teams get through to playoffs. If so, some very good teams won't make playoffs

Someone in top group not the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure groups out.

There are no "top groups" at L4C. Steps will always be in a weak group so they can make the playoffs. I suppose the intent is to get the best teams in the playoffs, but Steps is always in a pretty weak bracket. Across all age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure groups out.

There are no "top groups" at L4C. Steps will always be in a weak group so they can make the playoffs. I suppose the intent is to get the best teams in the playoffs, but Steps is always in a pretty weak bracket. Across all age groups.

Agreed. The bigger story is that this is the second tourney in a row (LLL the other) where Heros is in a weak group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure groups out.

Agreed. The bigger story is that this is the second tourney in a row (LLL the other) where Heros is in a weak group.

Are you surprised?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We keep hearing the club teams change a great deal in high school especially M&D and SW. Where are the new players coming from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We keep hearing the club teams change a great deal in high school especially M&D and SW. Where are the new players coming from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think you'll see much movement right now. Usually the movement is 7th and 8th grade, but you could def see a few kids here and there. Obviously BLC kids need to find a place, Most likely Capital, a few Pride and maybe HG or M&D, SW gets a few.

You may see movement in Anne Arundel county and M&D Shore as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, SW and M&D often bring in out of state players. SW had a couple Ohio players at a practice a couple weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, SW and M&D often bring in out of state players. SW had a couple Ohio players at a practice a couple weeks ago.

Where do you guys come up with this? The 2027 SW have not had any out of state players practicing with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should add “national” to their names

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should add “national” to their names

Hero’s also has out of state players on their older teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of state players, ask for the opportunity to try out there. The coaches in those programs evaluate everyone and take the best 22. If your kid made it I’m sure you would love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW always brings in out of state players for their high schools teams. And, they sometimes push younger players up to play with older teams in middle school than back on age in high school. They also move players around between blue and white .. be aware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Real Old Vegas Lines Week 2 2027

Hero's 2027 green vs Sky Walkers 2027 Blue
Hero's -9

M&D 2027 Black vs FCA 2027 Blue
M&D -17

Integrity 2027 Green vs Next Level 2027 Blue
Integriy - 6

Coppermine 2027 Black vs NEMS 2027
Coppermine -7

Maryland United 2027 vs CCLax 2027 Black
MDU -8.5

Hero's 2027 white vs MC Elite Midnight
HW -7

PRIDE 2027 RED vs Sky Walkers 2027 Blue
Pride -5

Integrity 2027 Green vs Maryland United 2027
MDU -6

Next Level 2027 Blue vs M&D Shore 2027 Black
Shore -7

FCA 2027 Blue vs Renegades 27
Renegades -3.5

PRIDE 2027 RED vs Rebels 27
Pride -11.5

M&D Shore 2027 Black vs NEMS 2027
Shore -4.5

STARS 2027 Light BLue vs BLC 2027 Blue
BLC -8.5

BLC 2027 Blue vs Rebels 27
BLC -12

M&D 2027 Black vs STARS 2027 Light BLue
M&D -10.5

Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Give me
SW + 9 vs Hero's
Stars +8.5 vs BLC
FCA +17 vs M&D (nobody can lose that bad at 8th grade can they?)

Going with the underdogs here. Careful on M&D, in NGLL (with 46 min) they dropped 22, 19, 21 in NGLL 2022. They will not take their foot off the petal.

And the M&D -17 vs FCA was enough to cover with 19-1 final. Unbelievable for a few reasons.

Had to be miserable for all parties involved, parents, Refs, players…

Page 81 of 112 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard