BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are rumors that the Balto UA 25 coach is already reaching out to girls essentially offering them spots well before tryouts. Could just be rumors who knows. But UA is super political. And I’m not disgruntled- my daughter didn’t tryout last year and won’t be in town this year so I have no dog in this fight. But having witnessed this process for more than 6 years it’s ALWAYS politics. That’s not to say many girls who make it don’t deserve it - but there’s also ones who don’t. At least with Am Select club/HS ciaches can’t influence who is picked

But club coaches determine who plays. At least for AA, the person picking the team is the same one coaching it so coaches don't end up with bloated rosters or kids they don't want.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are rumors that the Balto UA 25 coach is already reaching out to girls essentially offering them spots well before tryouts. Could just be rumors who knows. But UA is super political. And I’m not disgruntled- my daughter didn’t tryout last year and won’t be in town this year so I have no dog in this fight. But having witnessed this process for more than 6 years it’s ALWAYS politics. That’s not to say many girls who make it don’t deserve it - but there’s also ones who don’t. At least with Am Select club/HS ciaches can’t influence who is picked

But club coaches determine who plays. At least for AA, the person picking the team is the same one coaching it so coaches don't end up with bloated rosters or kids they don't want.

Once again you guys are delusional if you think both showcases don’t have club coaches picking who they want. AA already has their players to watch list out for the 23 tournament without having one tryout and AS has 70-75% of the club affiliate on the team. Move on. They are both the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, which is why both teams lost last year. Best girls were on bench, while club coach played/started their girls who were overmatched and lost game. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add NJ to the list of regions that will have multiple AS teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add NJ to the list of regions that will have multiple AS teams.

It took three years to turn the competing tournament into a joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again you guys are delusional if you think both showcases don’t have club coaches picking who they want. AA already has their players to watch list out for the 23 tournament without having one tryout and AS has 70-75% of the club affiliate on the team. Move on. They are both the same.

UA teams are clearly mostly picked in advance. My Long Island daughter was offered a spot of the UA West team after a tourney this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, which is why both teams lost last year. Best girls were on bench, while club coach played/started their girls who were overmatched and lost game. Sad

It would be better for all involved is that folks picking the team were the same ones coaching the team. More likely for most of the kids who make the team to actually get decent playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be better for all involved is that folks picking the team were the same ones coaching the team. More likely for most of the kids who make the team to actually get decent playing time.

Disagree with that. Should be real independent observers picking the teams. And should just be numbers. Not names. Oh. And only 1 team unlike AS who lets everyone play on Long Island. But I paid my 625$ again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree with that. Should be real independent observers picking the teams. And should just be numbers. Not names. Oh. And only 1 team unlike AS who lets everyone play on Long Island. But I paid my 625$ again.

Went like this for us….my daughter easily made team. Both AS and AA. Coach was from different HS/Club. When it came time for the games, said coaches favored their girls. It’s how it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went like this for us….my daughter easily made team. Both AS and AA. Coach was from different HS/Club. When it came time for the games, said coaches favored their girls. It’s how it is.

Opposite for us last year at AS. Daughter made the team of a different club. Coach played my daughter over some of her own girls. Guess it depends on who is the coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about this Maryland showcase in July? My daughter keeps getting an invite but when you go to the website it doesn’t say coaches in attendance. It only says which coaches have attended in the past. I’ve reached out to the showcase director and asked multiple times but the Hood College coach never returns any emails. I’m assuming money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Independent observers watching kids play selfish lax and trying to put a good team together doesn’t work. Funny how 99% of the kids that make the top team are best players anywhere. Also willing to bet nobody was offered a spot. If they come to tryouts and can’t play they won’t make it past the evaluators. Cry your river somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Independent observers watching kids play selfish lax and trying to put a good team together doesn’t work. Funny how 99% of the kids that make the top team are best players anywhere. Also willing to bet nobody was offered a spot. If they come to tryouts and can’t play they won’t make it past the evaluators. Cry your river somewhere else.

No, independent observers to keep out the friends and family connections. The truly good players will still make the team the majority of the time, but the mediocre players with connections who get pushed through over girls that perform better at the tryout Would be eliminated. That’s how it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that happens all the time! Unfortunately your evaluation of the mediocre talent is different than anyone elses. I have witnessed head scratchers at UA and American Select which does have independent evaluations. Sounds like you are saying find someone that sees the same things you do or pick your daughter anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think there isn't influence you're [Censored] fool. Just ask the LIYJ girl from several states away how she made an AS team without being at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else catch the dates for Youth National team tryouts?

No local LI tryout this year. The closest tryout is Upstate and the same day as Lax For the Cure. Only realistic option would be to go to MD Memorial Day weekend which is right in the middle of playoffs.

Has anyone every submitted through the virtual option in the past? Feels like the only option for most LI girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors rosters out. Why can't there just be one best of the best tournament. Now Juniors competing with UA150. AS with AA. Everyone has to make money I guess. I'm guessing Long Island does Juniors and MD does UA.

Honestly, I think if I got a website up and running, got permits for a place. Paid college coaches to show up to an event and came up with a catchy name, say "Next Level Showcase" or Lax Champions, Parents would love to hand over $600 for a two day tournament. Anybody want to go partners?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the YJ girls been given their team assignments for AS yet? There appears to be a lot of Jester, TG and Empire girls going to tryouts in various other areas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think there isn't influence you're [Censored] fool. Just ask the LIYJ girl from several states away how she made an AS team without being at the tryout.

The rules are pretty straightforward for roster selection. Evaluators pick 20 players (2 goal, 18 field) per team. The club running the tryout can add to the roster as they see fit. Its the reason LI teams have 26 girls while most other regions have 20-22 per team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors rosters out. Why can't there just be one best of the best tournament. Now Juniors competing with UA150. AS with AA. Everyone has to make money I guess. I'm guessing Long Island does Juniors and MD does UA.

Honestly, I think if I got a website up and running, got permits for a place. Paid college coaches to show up to an event and came up with a catchy name, say "Next Level Showcase" or Lax Champions, Parents would love to hand over $600 for a two day tournament. Anybody want to go partners?

Are there only 3 2025 teams??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Selling a dream to lemmings. Hard truth will hit most on Sept. 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rules are pretty straightforward for roster selection. Evaluators pick 20 players (2 goal, 18 field) per team. The club running the tryout can add to the roster as they see fit. Its the reason LI teams have 26 girls while most other regions have 20-22 per team.

The "club" isn't supposed to have any involvement in the selection of the team. If you read about the process closely, that's one of the things that AS points out clearly.... that the selection process ISN'T controlled by any club. But we know LI works differently than other areas, that's why the girls are going to other regions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "club" isn't supposed to have any involvement in the selection of the team. If you read about the process closely, that's one of the things that AS points out clearly.... that the selection process ISN'T controlled by any club. But we know LI works differently than other areas, that's why the girls are going to other regions.

Not sure how they are going to other regions. Clearly stated in FAQ’s that “Players must try out in the designated region in which they live”. Also for previous poster it says 22 players, “20 field / 2 goalies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are just dropping the rosters slowly. They just dropped my daughter’s red roster. There’s two girls on her team that could barely catch let move their feet. So much for Juniors is different. Guess Juniors is like all the rest. Should be a few more teams. They are missing quite a few of my daughters teammates who made it as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how they are going to other regions. Clearly stated in FAQ’s that “Players must try out in the designated region in which they live”. Also for previous poster it says 22 players, “20 field / 2 goalies

It also says that no clubs will be involved in the selection process...... but we see how that works in LI Ave surrounding regions don't we??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of how that was communicated that was never the deal. Giving clubs 2 roster spots, coahcing stipends, in addition to 25% of tryout fees was part of the deal in getting them to host and sponsor this event for their region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Juniors rosters out. Why can't there just be one best of the best tournament. Now Juniors competing with UA150. AS with AA. Everyone has to make money I guess. I'm guessing Long Island does Juniors and MD does UA.

We were all sold some major BS and I have not spoken to anyone not livid. Juniors was terrible last year and were told there would many of these issue resolved biggest issue was roster sizes instead teams have between 7-9 midfielders and every team has 7 attackman people will be dropping out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Juniors rosters out. Why can't there just be one best of the best tournament. Now Juniors competing with UA150. AS with AA. Everyone has to make money I guess. I'm guessing Long Island does Juniors and MD does UA.

We were all sold some major BS and I have not spoken to anyone not livid. Juniors was terrible last year and were told there would many of these issue resolved biggest issue was roster sizes instead teams have between 7-9 midfielders and every team has 7 attackman people will be dropping out

Roster size is insane. 25 kids in my daughters team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches were still looking at 2024 players in the fall. You have time. It’s a stressful journey, but players seem to find a place that fits them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Why can't there just be one best of the best tournament.

There is. It's called Best in Class. If you look at rosters this year or last, the talent is well above either UA150 or Juniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster size isn't even the biggest issue. It's that you have high school or club coaches coaching most of the teams. Good luck to anyone on those teams not from Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is. It's called Best in Class. If you look at rosters this year or last, the talent is well above either UA150 or Juniors.

Stop. Best in Class is not different. The only difference is there’s not 440 kids playing the same day. There’s a couple of kids from a jersey team going that can’t even catch every ball. Riddle me this. How is best in class the best when you lose a majority of the best players in NY because they can’t go because they have regents going on the same day. Best in class isn’t watered down like juniors and UA 150 because they are competing against each other the same day. No one is competing against BIC. Well, except NYS Regents. But it is still heavily influenced by clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought talent was consistently solid across board last year at Best in Class compared to UA150. 90%+ of the 2024s who attended are committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought talent was consistently solid across board last year at Best in Class compared to UA150. 90%+ of the 2024s who attended are committed.

90% of the 2024 that attended UA150 are committed as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be honest. You either own it or have a hand in it. Deemer? Is that you? All kidding aside it’s good but like the other poster said. They’re all the same heavily influenced by club directors and coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be honest. You either own it or have a hand in it. Deemer? Is that you? All kidding aside it’s good but like the other poster said. They’re all the same heavily influenced by club directors and coaches.

Maybe. I'm not so sure about that. BiC made multiple direct contacts over Instagram with my D and wanted her there. Unfortunately, it conflicts with the NY Algebra II Regents exam. I don't think that level of interest is coming because a club director dropped some names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter attended UA freshman year and Best in Class, Juniors Open sophomore year. Hands down Best in Class was the better of the 3. BIC had legit coaches not only coaching, but also evaluating. Talent was off the charts at BIC compared to the other events. Juniors Open didn't have the college coaches, but not sure if they are getting them to come this year. That was just games. UA - combine and games, not really learning much. But had some coaches. Best bang for your buck was BIC. Go look at the names of the rosters at BIC and you will see for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe. I'm not so sure about that. BiC made multiple direct contacts over Instagram with my D and wanted her there. Unfortunately, it conflicts with the NY Algebra II Regents exam. I don't think that level of interest is coming because a club director dropped some names.

Two things regarding your post. 1st which I have made in the past. How can BIC be considered to have the best players in a showcase if you are leaving out basically 75% of the top players in NY. 2nd, just because your daughter got an invite from them over Insta doesn't mean anything regarding the other 125 players. Sure there are kids that belong there. But there are certainly kids that don't. There's two kids going from NJ that play defense. Watch them catch the ball. Gives everyone a chance to pad the ground ball stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter attended UA freshman year and Best in Class, Juniors Open sophomore year. Hands down Best in Class was the better of the 3. BIC had legit coaches not only coaching, but also evaluating. Talent was off the charts at BIC compared to the other events. Juniors Open didn't have the college coaches, but not sure if they are getting them to come this year. That was just games. UA - combine and games, not really learning much. But had some coaches. Best bang for your buck was BIC. Go look at the names of the rosters at BIC and you will see for yourself.

My daughter has done all three as well. As my original post stated There isn't one definitive best players showcase because Juniors and UA 150 are going up against each other. Juniors has the North east players and UA 150 has the Maryland and DC kids.BIC negates most top players from NY. I don't think you can go wrong with any three as long as there are coaches there watching. Its like whats better AA or AS? IT doesn't matter as long as coaches show up to both, which they do. But the original post was that there isn't one definitive best of the best. And the reasons are mentioned above. If BIC did it in July, I would say they would probably win out. But if 25 of the top 100 players aren't there because of Regents, you can't say that.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard